1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Hey guys, where can I find about Dragon Kings of Exalted without using the core books?
    I feel that Bright-chan could probably make several Charms, or with Ddraig's aid, make new Knacks based on the Dragon Kings' abilities.

2. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Scrolls of Fallen Races is what you're looking for, but you're barking up the wrong tree. Creation's Dragon Kings are sentient (sometimes) dinosaurs, not actual dragons.

3. Threadmarks: Phoenix From The Underworld - Part 4
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

"Oh my!" is all Akeno manages to mutter before Raynare jumps into her arms bridal-style and buries her face into her bosom.

"Bad dragon! Bad dragon!" The ex-fallen angel cries fearfully.

"A DRAGON?!" Both Ravel and Yubelluna screams as they step back in fright.

"...Nothing to say here." With a hollow voice Dohna raises his hand.

"Seconded." Kala copies Dohna's gesture with her face in her free hand.

Eyes wide Rias turns around sharply to stares at Beowulf. "What's happening to Ise-kun? Because that's Ise-kun right?"

"Yeah, that's him. Oh right, you guys haven't received my report yet." Planting the sword in in ground the Pawn leans on it for support. "First, a bit of trivia: what makes a dragon a, well, dragon?"

"..They have reptilian traits?" Kiba offers.

"Close, but not quite. You see, to talk about the [race] of dragons is actually incorrect. While some can reproduce in the same manner as humans and devils, there are so many species and sub-species that defining them by physical traits is inadequate. Furthermore, there are some dragons that aren't born from parents: one day they just come into existence, as example by emerging from magma or from the sea."

He grins and raises a finger. "Dragons are beings born from large masses of energy that acquired sentience. As such, every being who can tap into a source of energy that resonate with the concept of [pure, unadulterated power] is considered a dragon, even those who aren't born as such. In their case it's the power that makes the race, not the opposite."

He indicates the towering form of Issei. "This little detail comes into play with Dragon-type Sacred Gear. God used to seal a lot of dragons into Sacred Gears, but even when chained the souls of such powerful beings cannot help but influence the host. That's why Dragon-type Sacred Gear users are vulnerable to Dragon-slaying weapons: because they register as Dragons themselves. But if one were to reach deeper into it, he would find an alternative way to use a Sacred Gear. You know how, inside Boosted Gear that Issei possesses, is sealed the soul of Ddraig, one of the two Heavenly Dragons?"

"Wait!" Ravel cries. "That's Issei Hyodo, the Sekiryuutei?"

"The one and only." Yubelluna starts shaking at Beowulf's words. The Pawn continues: "Issei's ability to use Boosted Gear is good, but what really shined during training is the deep bond he has with Ddraig himself. Azazel stated that, among the past Sekiryuutei, he is probably the user with the best relationship with Ddraig. They trust in each other, coupled with special circumstances and the kid's talent, is how Azazel explain his unique development."

"What did Ise-kun do?" Akeno asks while trying to calm Raynare.

"He managed to tap directly into Ddraig's soul, that normally is only used to fuel Boosted Gear's abilities, and acquire draconic traits that he can switch on and off at will. This, is his answer to the inherent limits of the human body. According to Azazel it's like seeing Ddraig reborn. In this era, we may very well assist as the re-birth of the Red Heavenly Dragon, or even a new, unbound Heavenly Dragon."

The proclamation is meet with absolute silence, as the shock prevented everyone from forming a coherent response.

----
    [X] 1 Xp
    [X] noahgab1133

----

Gone was the elegant form of a martial artist combo-ing his moves. Instead now it's the savage beauty, fury and rage of a wild animal. Fangs rip and tear, your jaws tighten around anything that gets near it, while talons slice and sever.

God, you feel so good.

"Still so proud of your regeneration, phoenix?! Being able to die as many times as you like isn't so useful when your opponent doesn't even notice your attacks, is it!" Divine light and flames dance around your maw as he notices it and release a blast of air towards you. Your instincts take over and you dodge just by slightly shifting your large frame, making the attack completely miss and shred the foliage behind you.

The bonfire of Essence reaches a new crescendo. The totemic image of the great crimson dragon with scales of orichalcum that is your symbol appears in all his glory behind you, towering above everything with an impressive height of sixteen meters while he mimics your actions. Behind him an evening-colored labyrinth of ice that spins slowly, reflecting red-gold from every facet.

The Righteous flames in your jaws reaches a fever pitch and it bursts forth with a yell afterwards of:

"Holy Dragon Shot!" His eyes go wide, his mind recognizing the golden radiance as the source of his pain. Swearing under his breath he manages to dodge it by a hair's breadth, a sudden burst of air removing him from the path of the blast.

'That was like Soaring Whirlwind Sprint.'

[Phoenix, and Phenex Devils, possess power over fire and wind. So, beside your holy attacks, you and him use the same weapons. I suggest you switch to melee, but be aware: some of the more powerful attacks are created when mixing the two. If you see him doing it, dodge.]

{One instance of Perfect Defense only work against a single attack. In case of multiple hits it's better to dodge to save Essence, and observe the attack to read the rhythm and anticipate it.}

'On it!'

Your muscles ripple as your wings spread and you take flight: again your instincts take over and you fly just as easily as walking, easier in fact. Another loud roar emanates from you half joy at the freedom of flying half excitement at getting to your prey.

Seeing your approach Raiser shoots a fireball, probably to confirm if fire is really useless against you or not. With contemptuous ease you swat it away with a swing of your arm, the fine metal that made your Sacred Gear unbothered by the heat.

Your slitted eyes narrow in concentration as they track your enemy flying in the skies. Another beat of your wings and you not only close the distance but manage to slam into him, biting into his shoulder with Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment and successfully ripping his limb off as you and him wrestle midair for supremacy. He fails and with a sickening crunch you beat him straight down into the air with a dive. Another triumphant roar escapes your mouth as you land on top of him not half second later.

He erupts into flames and proceeds to try to get you off him, but the flames and force falter before you shinning red scales and your mass proceeds to crush him further into the ground.

"Not so tough now grilled chicken bastard! Where is your haughty attitude, the one you had when you threatened to murder my friends, when you attacked me unprovoked." Nearly spitting at him your clawed hands sink further into his back as you glare with all the fury and hatred you can muster. He yells and with a quick burst of flames and wind he escapes your grip and manages to put some distance, but he seems much more exhausted, spitting blood from his mouth as his flames heal him much more slowly than before.

You too didn't escaped unharmed, your regeneration failing to heal in seconds a couple of burns on your legs. Despite his unpleasant personality his power is not something to be dismissed completely.
    "Shitty Sekiryuutei brat! Sorry but I won't hold back! I don't want to admit it, but right now you are a monster! Peeeeeerish!"

A giant pair of wings of fire appears on Raiser's back who was howling. There's a whirlwind of fire surrounding him and the area is surrounded by an intense fire.

"Fire bird and Fenghuang! The hell fire of our clan that was praised as being that of a Phoenix! Taste it with your own body and turn into ashes!"

Raiser who is covered in flames rushes towards you really fast. The silhouette resembles a gigantic fire bird.

'Really, comparing yourself to a Fenghuang? The real Fenghuang would cry and slap you silly if he were to hear that.'

Adrenaline surges through your systems as your mind goes into overdrive.

No matter what, being hit fully from that attack will hurt too much to be allowed.

[] Write-in.
    ----
    Tick: 9
    ----

I of course tried to make it fair, but it's not my fault Raiser rolls bad *snicker*.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  4. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

...Close enough to me.
    We can improvise on their magic tricks.

Corvus 501 and Akuma-Heika like this.
  5. Alexander

I was looking at them myself: their five-parts Paths are interesting. If you make something, you can show it to me.

Akuma-Heika and Blight Gecko like this.
  6. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

Wait! Yubelluna says this part?

7. Carrnage

Carrnage Well worn.

Cant we just perfect defense?

8. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

seems like a good idea to me, take it then while he's going WTF counter with everything we have, sound like a workable plan? maybe its time to stop being so nice and fight like a cheaty First Age Solar and Clinch the brat?

9. Alexander

It wasn't clear: I fixed it.

10. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Probably not a good idea except as a last resort. If the attack hits multiple times we'll have to spend several perfects to counter all of it.

The trick is it's not clear what kind of attack it is. Is it a wide-range attack? A homing spell? It looks like he's just going to ram us and make a super-powerful melee attack, but I get the feeling we wouldn't have gotten a reminder about the limitations of perfect defenses just beforehand if it were that simple.

...but we have a secret weapon which is perfect for the occasion!

Alex, please tell us what Issei's Twilight hax can tell us about this spell before we make any decisions.

11. Alexander

Crafty ^^. Let's see:

[blockquote]Rolled 6d10 : 3, 9, 9, 4, 4, 2, total 31[/blockquote]

Walkir likes this.
  12. Alexander

Response:

-He means to punch you. The blow carries a heavy amount of power.
    -The movements of his aura of fire have a certain precision that hint about a degree of control sufficient to use it as a attack.
    -If you were to guess, it's an attack that use both melee and magic.

13. EternitynChaos

you know, does anyone else feel that Dohna is thinking something like "You know, I never thought I'd think this, but at least back then, all he did was set me on fire."

Also, do you think Ravel and Yubelluna are starting to realise just how big a cockup Raiser has made of things yet /laugh oy, wow this is just perfect ^^; poor Raynare though, we really need to spend some time helping her get over this though

14. EternitynChaos

thanks for the info Alexander, so guys, suggestion.

stunt dodging at the last moment using Soaring Whirlwind Sprint, pushing us up to dodge DV 6 (7-1) + how ever many points the stunt gets, with mention of using Adamant to soak it if it still hits, then counter attack him with a full Orichalcum Fists of Battle flurry maybe? probably dodge high, so we can drop down on him for the attack

15. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Okay, that sounds like a flurry to me. He punches us first and then the aura inflicts several attacks of its own or something like that.

...but it won't do anything if he never gets near us!

[X] Clinch attack with Gauntlets of Distant Touch + First Martial Arts Excellency (maximum motes + Compassion channel + Orichalcum Fists of Battle)

[In spite of everything he still has the temerity to attack a dragon with fire.] Ddraig comments idly. [I'll give him this much, he's as stubborn as any dragon.]

'I'll give him a lot more than that. Some scars to take home, just for starters.

As Raiser closes the distance and your dissection of his power rolls through your head you suddenly recall a trick you spent several hours practicing the day before. One hand comes up in a fist and suddenly Raiser's forward momentum dies as he starts grasping at the invisible stranglehold you have on his neck.

"This is for my friends, you gutter trash."

Raiser gargles something unintelligible, hate burning in his eyes as his face starts to turn blue. Then you turn in a graceful spin, Raiser's body following on the extension of your arm, and contemptuously fling him to earth.

Trooper1021, Sol Mark-1 and Walkir like this.
  16. EternitynChaos

Smut, your a horrible person, and you should feel horrible /laugh may want to add Orichalcum Fists of Battle to that btw, as it works for clinchs as well

[X] Clinch attack with Gauntlets of Distant Touch + First Martial Arts Excellency (maximum motes + Compassion channel + Orichalcum Fists of Battle)

[In spite of everything he still has the temerity to attack a dragon with fire.] Ddraig comments idly. [I'll give him this much, he's as stubborn as any dragon.]

'I'll give him a lot more than that. Some scars to take home, just for starters.

As Raiser closes the distance and your dissection of his power rolls through your head you suddenly recall a trick you spent several hours practicing the day before. One hand comes up in a fist and suddenly Raiser's forward momentum dies as he starts grasping at the invisible stranglehold you have on his neck.

"This is for my friends, you gutter trash."

Raiser gargles something unintelligible, hate burning in his eyes as his face starts to turn blue. Then you turn in a graceful spin, Raiser's body following on the extension of your arm, and contemptuously fling him to earth.

17. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I'm pretty sure it's been active since the start of the fight, but I added it anyways just to be sure. Also fixed the quote; quoting Star Wars is fun, but it doesn't fit with the use of a Compassion channel.

18. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

[X] Plan Smuthunter

Looks good. But couldn't we interrupt the attack by punching him in the face, before he even realizes us counterattacking?

19. EternitynChaos

better safe then sorry, a few more letters on the monitor typed and Raiser on the ground are better then a few less and him not even noticing the attack ne? /laugh

I figure its also better to mention it because its probably got the 3 mote charge like the form charm until we finish training it

20. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

[X] Plan Smuthunter

21. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Plan Smuthunter

Few things beat the unfairness of Clinching, except clinching at range >:D.

22. ZipLopz

ZipLopz Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Plan Smuthunter

23. EternitynChaos

Dohna "Oh what, him being a Dragon wasn't enough, now he's a bloody Sith Lord as well, that's not bloody fair at all... right that's it, I'm out I give up trying to keep up with the crazy Dragon God Thing being born in our midst, I will laugh myself sick from now on however as people kill themselves getting in front of him."

24. Lon

Lon Well worn.

How dragonlike are we anyway? From the sounds of it, it sounds like we're a full on western dragon. So I'm kind of worried we can't do it, what with the charms not working while we're inhuman or the fact that we don't have hands.

25. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Plan Smuthunter
    This Pokemon Approves. I believe the spell Raiser is gonna use on us is what we Pokemon called Fire Punch...though it could be something more...interesting than that. >:D

26. EternitynChaos

Alexander has already said the only thing we can't use atm is our Form charm, everything else is fair game

27. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

[X] Plan Smuthunter

28. Alexander

The Gauntlets of Distant Touch is a function of Boosted Gear, not a Charm. It will work as long as BG is deployed.

29. Dreadis

Dreadis No idea whats going on

[X] Plan Smuthunter

30. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

[X] Plan Smuthunter