1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

Hopefully the fact that we are kicking the crap out of torchic... I mean Raiser in Defence of Rias and her Peerage will help Raynare/Yuuma get over some/all her fear of us

XZero likes this.
  2. Threadmarks: Phoenix From The Underworld - Part 6
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

There's no reason to think about it. You know the smell of bullshit when you hear it and Raiser is serving up a metric ton of it. Your anger explodes once more.

"That's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard you grilled chicken shithead! Not five minutes ago you were telling me how much you wanted Rias, describing her as she was just a fucking brood mare! Don't talk to me about the glory of your houses when you just got done complaining that your fiancée is being too successful for you!"

You seethe in fury, but remembering Rias brings an errant thought to mind; this must be "that matter" that she wanted to handle by herself. You'll have to apologize later, you seem to be stealing one of her kills.

"Actually I take it back, you're not even fit to be called grilled chicken! You pretend to be upset about the loss of your bloodlines but then you turn around and tear down the ones who show the greatest promise, whether it's locking Rias away in a gilded cage or threatening to slaughter her peerage! Don't think I'll ever forgive you for treating their lives like something you can throw away when you don't want it anymore! That kind of two-faced cowardice is the behavior of a worm!"

Your eyes narrow.

"And for that matter, why is it important that Devils with "pure-blood" don't go extinct? Last I checked, any difference's in strength were minor, and disappeared after a few generations. No, wait, isn't it the other way? Afterall, those who have breed with humans have the ability to be born with Sacred Gears, and a far higher reproductive rate? What was it? 300 years per child for pure Devils, 30 years for half humans, 3 years for reincarnated humans-"

Suddenly, it all clicks. Why Raiser is like this, why this "important", and the way Devil society is.

You couldn't help it. You start laughing. "WAHAHAHAHA!"

Raiser look at you in disbelief, before his face transforms into a mask of rage.

"YOU DARE LAUGH AT THIS!?!" he screams, throwing a ball of fire at you.

Still chuckling you dodge the flame easily, before looking back at him, a smile etched on you face that would give the dead heart attacks.

"You're afraid."

"Wha-" Raiser begins, before you cut him off.

"That's why you place so much emphasis on blood purity. That's why you look down on others. You're afraid of change, and more importantly.." Your grin grows wider with this.

"Your afraid of losing your power."

Once more opening his mouth to speak, you once more interrupt.

"Oh, not you. Not specifically.

I'm talking about the nobility. The one's who will lose with the current paradigm.

Devil society under the original Maou's emphasized strength, blood purity and social rank, didn't it?

And under that paradigm, you thrived. Despite the loses you suffered in the war, your power in society was secure. Never needing to train, never needing to worry about those beneath you, assured of your own superiority.

Yet now, things are different. Devils outside of you, born from other races, or from mixed blood, now threaten your hegemony. Society is changing, yet you cling to the past, afraid of letting go and becoming unimportant, rather then embracing the changes and working to show that you are indeed worthy of such status.

In the 18th century, Europe underwent the same thing, you know? The transition from feudalism to democracy was a long and bumpy path, with the old families unwilling to let go of their power. And that's same process is now occurring amongst the Devils. And that frightens you more then anything."

"Because your ego's can't accept being anything less then all-important."

Raiser's mouth moves, but no sound comes out of it.

"The truth, presented as to be undeniable, hurts, isn't it? I know, I felt the same when my misconceptions were shattered by the cruelty of this world. Yet I survived. I was reforged. And with that, I became stronger. It's a curse, but also a blessing.

Take this message back to your allies Raiser Phenex, to all the pure-blood that will deign to listen to your words: those who trample on the rights and happiness of others will find themselves judged by the Unconquered Sun, and no amount of blood purity will save those found guilty. That's a promise."

You fold your wings against your back and your arms against your chest.

"Now get out of my sight. I've wasted enough time and energy dealing with you."

"...Worm?" Raiser whispers, his teeth gritting against each other.

"...Worm!?" He barks.

A few teeth shatter.

"NOT FROM YOU! NEVER FROM YOU!!" He bellows, arms raised to the sky as an incredible amount of demoniac energy flows out of him. "DON'T YOU DARE CALLING ME A WORM!!!!"

Fire and Wind gather above him, forming a gigantic sphere.

Then the sphere starts shrinking.

----

"That's-!" Ravel shouts horrified, her hands over her mouth. "Ruval-niisama's-!"

"Execution Rebirth..." Yubelluna whispers in terrified awe.

"Execution Rebirth?" Rias repeats, not linking the sound of it at all. "What is that? Ravel! Answer me!"

"It's..." She begins slowly. "Ruval-niisama's ultimate spell. It can kill an Ultimate-Class Devil, but it was banned from the Rating Games because it killed the target too fast for the removal spell to act!"

For a second, Rias' heart stops.

"Ruval-sama showed it to Raiser-sama only once...I didn't know he managed to learn it." She gasps. "If it's like Ruval-sama, the detonation will incinerate the entire area!"

Beowulf's eyes narrow.

Maybe he will be forced to interfere for real...

----

[This...For a grilled chicken on his last leg this is impressive. Partner, don't let that hit you: only ashes will remain at the end!]

'So, this is his last attempt?'

{Yes. Prepare to dodge after he fires, and be ready to use Adama-}

'Sorry.' Your maw open, golden light gathering into a single point. 'Can't do that.'

Raiser finishes compressing the sphere between his hands. His arms are trembling from the effort, but his gaze never wavered the entire time.

That's the look of someone who is betting everything on a last hope.

It would be disrespectful to those feelings to run away. So, in deference to them, and not him...

You will meet his determination head-on.

[Partner?!"]

{Worm! I order you to-}

You drown their voices down, your entire being focused into pumping as much Essence as you can into your first, and favored technique.

"VANIIIISSSSHHHH!!" Raiser fires his attack, the sphere of searing white plasma shooting through the air towards you.

You open your maw.

"HOLY DRAGON SHOT!!!"

A beam of pure, blinding golden light flies towards the enemy's attack, the air screaming at its passage.

The two meet.

FHWAAAAAASSSSHHH!!

Like in an anime the two attacks clash mid-way, the backslash reducing everything around them into cinder.

For a few seconds they stand still. Then, slowly but inexorably Raiser's attack starts to overpower yours.

'More.' You think as you pump more Essence into the Dragon Wave.

[Stop it Partner! You're going to hurt yourself!]

'More!'

{Great Maker protects us all! Why are you muscle-headed idiots all the same?! Dodge you idiot!!}

Continuing like this...you will lose.

...Lose? You?

Never!

'I NEED MORE POWER!!!'

Boosted Gear starts glowing gold, red and green.

[Evolution! Boost!]

Golden lens appear below both of your wrists.

Dragon Wave doubles in size and swallows the sphere of plasma.

KABOOOOOOM!!!!

----

As the screen of fire and smoke finally lower you stare at the exhausted figure of Raiser Phenex.

He stares back at you and at your body covered in burns.

"I..." He croaks out.

"Lost." Your fist comes up and hits his chin at a distance of nine meters. "That was a great move. Come back when you're stronger and I will give you a rematch."

He falls on the ground. He doesn't stand up after that.

[What you did was very stupid partner.] Ddraig admonishes you.

'...Would you have done otherwise?' You reply, feeling fatigue finally starting to get the best of you.

[...Probably not.] He ruefully chuckles. [You should have been born a dragon partner.]

'Maybe in another life. Bright?'

[Making sure her sword's edge is keen enough. I don't think you will get away with this lightly.]

You gulp. Damn, maybe having someone to beat the stupidity out of your skull isn't so great as you thought.

You slowly walk towards the prone form of Raiser, determined to at least bring him back to the club's room.

Then someone gets in your way. A young girl with dark blue eyes and long blonde hair tied in twin ponytails with large, drill-like curls, blue ribbons keeping them in place. On a second glance she looks a lot like Raiser.

The girl puts herself between you and Raiser and spreads her arms. She's visibly trembling, but the eyes that stare back at you show only pure determination.

"..Who are you?"

"I'm Ravel Phenex, of the noble house of Phenex!" She says as if giving herself courage. "I will not let you hurt my brother anymore!"

Ah, she's Raiser's sister. What she is doing here you don't know, but it doesn't matter.

"You're Raiser's sister." You tilt your head before nodding. "Good. Siblings should watch out for each other. Maybe there is hope yet."

"Eh?" She blinks in confusion.

"Take your brother and go home Ravel Phenex." God, you feel so tired. "He should have learn his lesson, but be sure to bring him back to the right path if he strays. Tell him this: his pride is lost, but not forever. It's now up to him to forge it anew, and make it last."

Dragon Energy recedes into Boosted Gear. Your form shrinks, until you're back to being human.

Uhm, it may be the fatigue talking but you feel breezy.

And why is Ravel Phenex blushing like a ripe tomato as she stares at you?

You look down.

'...Note to self: becoming a three meters tall dragon causes my clothes to shred. That, or it was the fire.'

You turn to your right, and see the Occult Research Club, Beowulf, a woman you don't know and part of the Student Council staring at the scene from a distance.

Your lips turn into a half-grin. "Well, this is embarrassing."

And then darkness claims you.

----

Phoenix From The Underworld Arc: Complete.

+4 Xp for defeating Raiser Phenex
    +3 Xp for [SECRET!]
    +5 Xp for completing the quest

----
    ----
    When you wake up, you are surprised to feel both freezing cold and searing heat.

Cold from the ice below you.

Heat from the sun in the pristine azure sky. Somehow, the aster looks more real than what you remember.

Curious, that.

The colossal mass of Ddraig lands a few meters from you. "Awake at least? You took your sweet time.

"Morning Ddraig." You sit up and look around, realizing you are in the middle of a seemly endless glacier. "This is inside my mind, right? Where I am?"

"Do you like it?" Bright steps forward next to you, as if she appeared from thin air. "This is where I used to meditate to deepen my understanding of the world and its secrets."

"All alone?"

"For months, even years."

Badass. "I...am going to feel a lot of pain now?" Your voice doesn't tremble, no sir.

"I really need to discipline you." Bright's eyes narrow. "But we can make your deserved punishment useful at least." Cruel Wisdom appears in her hands. "You fainted from your injuries. Your body is already being taken care of, so there is no danger of dying. Until you wake up, and I can keep you asleep as long as I want, I will make you practice until you grasp properly the Charms you learned during the battle. Maybe I will also add something else you can learn."

You gulp.

"So you don't need me. Ohy, where is the nearest forest?" Ddraig asks.

Bright points to the south. "30 days in that direction."

"Sweet!" The red dragon jumps into the air and takes off.

Traitor.

You have: 18 Xp. Do you want to spend them for something?
    [] Write-in.
    ----

Smut's Stunt won, but BFldyq said what I had in mind too so I decided to add part of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

18 Xp... Any debt to pay off first or are those already paid for Xp?

4. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

*sigh*

I suppose that will have to do. It lacks the impact that mine had but you're the author so what you say goes.

5. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Think we can abuse this to raise our essence?

6. EternitynChaos

just need to finish the training for the charms, all xp is already paid off, I say we bank that xp, /grin you all know what I want it for by know I think *cough*E4*cough* but there are also other options, Iron-Kettle Body would save kept out mote use through that battle down some, and increased our soak some, and is something we need if we want to use soak charms with BB when we get it.

We are 8 xp away from what we need for E4, I'm all for raising it if everyone else agree's it would be fitting, we have just won a major battle after all

7. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

*Licking intensifies*

8. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I'm okay with saving up to raise essence. We don't have anything immediately pressing for a while unless we jump straight into the Holy Sword storyline.

9. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

Nice update, Alex. So where is our real body in all of this. In the Occult Club?

10. EternitynChaos

since we are stuck in our head, can we do hell training with Bright for enough XP to raise our Essence Alexander?

11. Alexander

Debt are already paid. You just need the training done.
    Sorry, but I intended for Issei to say something similar as well. You will notice all passage from your Stunt are present.
    Who knows? ::)
    If you want, sure.

I was thinking more about Sledgehammer Fist Punch, but you are the players: you decide.

Prince Charon and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  12. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

"And now our two flaming hot studs decided to test who's the manlier one of the both by shooting out their Essence full of burning youth at each other. Ise initially was loosing, but due to GLORIOUS SOLAR BULLSHIT, he is capable of increasing the potency of his Essence, finally overwhelming the Fire and Air-natured Essence of Raiser Phenix and hitting him with the gush of Ise's GLORIOUS SOLAR ESSENCE which knocked the Phenex out in a single blast.

Ise then attempted to move Raiser to the bed in the Occult Club after he snapped out of his GLORIOUS SOLAR DRAGOON mode, but was stopped by Ravel, in which Ise allowed her to retrieve the downed Phenex instead, also accidentally showing the audience that he is, in fact, nekkid, before he slumped in unconsciousness from overexerting himself taking Raiser on, head to head."

:p

13. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I did notice that, the problem is Issei stopping in the middle of his tirade to give a lesson on social politics. It sounds really out of character to me. That might be something he'd think of later, but not when he's in the middle of fighting for Rias's freedom.

Least Devotee likes this.
  14. EternitynChaos

[X] Finish training our charms, then Hell training with Bright Sensei to raise our Essence

15. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

Sounds like a plan.

[X] Finish training our charms, then Hell training with Bright Sensei to raise our Essence

16. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

I say hell training for E4. If we raise our Essence We'll get 3 more knack spots, upgrade Infinte factory of life, and have enough essence to get us that charm we made to teach our friends terrestial martials arts.

17. EternitynChaos

it's also probably the last time Issei will ever ask Bright to help raise his Essence /laugh all things considered there are far less painful ways to torture yourself, and we are unlikely to need E5 before we at least get our Motivation sorted I wouldn't think. At least I don't think he'll ever do Hell Training to raise his Essence with Bright again /laugh

18. Alexander

Noted. I will remember it next time.
    You need to repurchase "Dragon Essence Domination" to get the Knack slots: from Essence 3 to 4, it costs 9 Xp and you get 4 slots.

19. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

20. Vanguard_D

Vanguard_D I trust you know where the happy button is?

How long will Issei be asleep from this, I thought raising essences took months of meditation or a completion of a motivation?

21. EternitynChaos

we have a cheat with Bright there, and wow, thats like the 3rd? time I've answered that question /laugh

22. Vanguard_D

Vanguard_D I trust you know where the happy button is?

Must have missed that :)

23. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

Now that's a true Harem-King for you.

Issei delivered a brutal physical smackdown, followed by a even more brutal verbal smackdown, took an attack that could destroy Ultimate-Class Devils with his body, put Raiser down, and after all this, still managed to unlock the Ravel route before passing out.

Damn.

It didn't feel very out of character to me. I interpreted that as the transformation boosting Issei's aggressive qualities, so much that he was hell bent on destroying every bit of Raiser's bullshit arguments alongside him. That put other concerns he may have had normally to the back.

24. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

I'm more worried about how long we'll be asleep. Is she using the mind transfer trick, or is she letting us do it the time-consuming way?

I'm talking about the charm training times, obviously.

25. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Also since we are in issei's mind we can dilate time. Make it so that its a month to an hour asleep.

26. EternitynChaos

we are going to have to train them first anyway, we can't ignore it asleep or awake its going to happen we may as well do it asleep, so /shrug

27. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Also time dilatation is a thing.

28. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Also I guess the breeding rates Issei listed are canon for this quest then Alex? Also can you please update the index?

29. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

30. Alexander

Yes, it's what it is happening right now.
    Yeah. Ajuka knew his stuff when he made the Evil Pieces system.

Doing it now.