1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

What I mean is that all his souls are connected in descending order, right? Then he and his souls are a living chain right?

Also Alexander? I'm really grateful you making this quest. It's one of the only ways I can participate with other people and I enjoy that. So, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Not in descending order. First we have the Third Circle Demon (or Deva), who represent each a core concept of the Yozi (with Malfeas, Ligier is his literal Heart). Each Third Circle has then another seven Sub-Souls, the Second Circle Demons, who are each a variant of the core-concept the Third Circle Demon embodies. All those sub-souls and sub-sub-souls then creates First Circle Demons, which aren't really connected to the Yozi as a whole (they're like fur: rip one, it will grow back like new).

More of less like this.

As I write the update, I leave you with this (purposely) incomplete list:

List of the Radiant Dragon's Soul-Mates:

1) Ddraig, the True Heavenly Dragon. He represents the RD's Valor.
    2) Bright Shattered Ice, the Sun-Kissed Queen. She represents the RD's Conviction.
    3) ??
    4) ??
    5) ??
    6) Rias, the Crimson-Run Princess. She represents the RD's Love.

Your welcome. I always feel good when what I make is enjoyable for others.

3. Introspective Tinkerer

Oh, thank you for answering my questions.

Anyway when all is said and done are we gonna end up ruler of the Earth from all of this? Because from all the talk that's going it sounds like it.

I also found the song for when Issei first showed up good looking at school: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pMgwjhJBAc

4. Noctum

Noctum I trust you know where the happy button is?

THE INFERNAL EXALTED ARE! NOT! EVIL!

Not in and of themselves. To blanket all exalts of one type as 'evil' or 'unified' is to do them, and the game a great disservice. The Infernals are granted the power of the Yozi's, a reflection and manifestation of what they can do.
    And what they could become if they lose themselves to the mad fractal-genius of the Infernal Exaltation.

It is what they do with their power, and what they become that determines if they are 'evil' or not. That said, one of the core conceits of Exalted is that there is no objective standard of 'good' or 'evil' like in DnD. It is up to people themselves to figure that one out with the power they have.

Pretty much what Alex said. The Third and Second souls of the Yozi are not chains as they are mirrors that reflect aspects of the being that they comprise.

That said, from the implications of the hints Alex and the others are giving, Issei's Third Circles are others that have bonded to his meta-soul structure. Interesting..... I wonder if they will develop Second Circles of their own.

Corvus 501 likes this.
  5. Alexander

I never said they are. I just said Yozi are the Radiant Dragon's enemies. Just that. Enemies. I included nothing about Infernal Exalts.

6. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

I just remember that dragons are known for shape shifting in dxd. So even if Issei turns into a giant ass dragon he should be able to shapeshift into a human.

7. Noctum

Noctum I trust you know where the happy button is?

Not so much directed at you so much as kinglugia's snippet. It's something of a peeve for me when discussing Exalted.

8. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

an effect of 'Those Damn Chapters' huh, yeah know how that is /laugh

9. Alexander

I wrote that part. Let's just said that the Yozi are the Radiant Dragon's political enemies because he sides with the UCS and leave it at that.

Corvus 501 likes this.
  10. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

When Issei becomes the Radiant dragon is he going to be stuck as a huge dragon or will he be able to do what Ophis does and looks like whatever he wants.

11. Introspective Tinkerer

Whatever he wants otherwise he wouldn't be able to enjoy his beloved oppai. That would be terrible, wouldn't it? ;)

12. Alexander

I will probably include a shape-shifting Knack/Charm to change back and forth.

13. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I maintain that Issei should have a shintai charm rather than a world-body charm. Given his Solar origins it makes more sense for his "true form" to remain his human form.

Corvus 501 likes this.
  14. Threadmarks: Phoenix From The Underworld - Part 10
    Alexander

[X] Activate Boosted Gear, Fists of Iron, Fist of the Daystar Form, Orichalcum Fists of Battle and Monkey Leap Technique.
    ----

With little more then a thought hard earned reflexes come to the fore and you slip into your combat stance as essence pools around your fists and body.

The gorilla roars and charges at you.

Stone shatters as you propel yourself into the air, deftly maneuvering your body around one of the lumbering strikes of your target as you fly towards it, fist cocked and blazing with power. You drive your hand into the youkai's face, shattering stone and gravel like wet paper. The monster cries out in pain as the force of the blow send him reeling back and on the ground. Golden flames erupt from the injury, greedily licking and searing what pass for flesh in the monster's body.

Using the momentum you flip yourself away, giving yourself enough time to take a quick glance around the battlefield and see how your companions are doing before landing on your feet once more.

"Hahahaha!!" Shougo is laughing as he keeps landing hit after hit on the youkai's body in his usual random pattern. The gorilla already lost an arm, and it is by all means cornered.

However, suddenly it manages to catch Shougo with a kick. The young man is sent reeling back, but regain his equilibrium with a back roll.

"I felt that." He casually comments.

Then he grins as he dodges the youkai's next blow and retaliates with a spinning kick.
    "Die you pest!" Mittelt shouted as her weapon clashes against the youkai's fist. The monster steps back howling, his hand sizzling and bubbling where it touched the Light Tetsubo. "I'm! Not! Done!" She swings her weapon low.

"Ivory Obstruction Kata!"

The monster is hurled back a good five meters before it crashes into a wall sturdier than the one it demolished earlier and fall forward.

Just in time to meet the tip of Mittelt's Tetsubo.
    You shed an imaginary tear of joy. "They grow up so fast..." You sigh.

Then step aside and let the youkai's fist hits only air. Your hand lands on its forearm. "Sorry. Guess I neglected you."

You clench, and its skin shatters.

"Let's remedy that."

----

"Aah.." You roll your shoulders as you walk away from the youkai's body. "In the end it wasn't anything special. I am almost disappointed."

[It was small fry. Physically strong but dumber than a rock, useful only in group. Search something else if you want to experience the thrill.]

'Like'?

[Like the white-one. Ability-wise you're more of less ready for Balance Breaker. You just lack 'something'.]

'Something'? What something?'

[Something. It's hard to define, it changes for each user. Bah, just keep fighting and it will come when you need it the most.]

'I don't have many other choices.' You mentally roll your eyes. You meet up with Mittelt and Shougo, who defeated their opponents too. "How are you?"

"Just some bruises." She looks down and the youkai's corpses. "I thought they were Tsukumogami, but I am not so sure anymore."

"My arm is broken." Shougo announces, nothing in his posture indicating he is injured.

"..." You and Mittelt stare at him.

"...Want to come to my house to have Asia fix it?"

He nods. "That was fun. When I can fight those things again?"

"Right, we need to find out what they are and where they come from." Your eyes narrow. "Mittelt, while I am away you're in change. You and the others, please investigate."

"Hai!"

----

"KAMPAI!" You all cry out as you begin the party with a well deserted toast.

"I must say, this is very good Hyodo-kun." Kiba says after tasting one of the dishes.

"...." Nearby Koneko is stuffing her mouth with sweets.

"Oh, I didn't it alone. Asia helped me." You drink the (non) alcoholic beverage. "I wanted to, but I wouldn't have made it in time."

"Your job with the Japanese faction." Kiba nods. "Any idea what you will do?"

"They want me to play ambassador." You wave your hand. "Using my presence as [Red Dragon Emperor] to have things done in their favor. Apparently I am their only reasonable option between a rusted knife and a nuclear bomb, or something like that."

"They must have it rough." He turns to the food. "So you and Argento-san made all this?"

"No. I sent part of it to Kaichou and the rest of the Student Council as an apology. I hope they will like it."

----

Elsewhere, Sona Sitri is staring at the closed bento hard enough to make a hole in it. "Tsubaki. Call the Chemistry Club. I want a full analysis done on it."

Tsubaki sweatdrops. Saji tries to make his King see reason. "With all due respect Kaichou, I seriously doubt Hyodo would put poison or so-!"

Sona's stare freezes him on the spot. He gulps. "Right, call the Chemistry Club. Let me help you Shinra-san."

[] True end of the Phoenix from the Underworld Arc.
    ----

I will post the first post from the next arc tomorrow. From now on we will diverge from the DxD storyline, so...

Prepare yourself (I know usually you put 'your anuses', but it's not quite so bad. Yet)

15. Introspective Tinkerer

What da fuck? :-\ Why would she think we would want to poison her? I mean we made flower garden for her for Pete's sake.

16. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

She might've suspect we're trying to get back at her for kicking us out of school.

Ainkrad likes this.
  17. EternitynChaos

I think Sona is a tiny bit tense... she did after all just find out that, Issei is a DRAGON, could fight someone as strong as Raiser and Win, somehow tore through the barrier keeping normals from noticing things, and she also got a face full of Issei going Full Presence Attack Mode, so it kinda understandable she's a little off kilter I guess...

That as well Diller, for all they live in Japan the Devils are not natives, so they don't really get everything, and while Issei is nodding his head going 'Yes I made a mess I have to accept responsibility for it' like is expected of him, she's thinking he's going react like a Dragon who's just been told that he's being punished for doing what he felt he needed to do/wanted to do.

Ainkrad, Shador, apeljohn and 7 others like this.
  18. Introspective Tinkerer

Wait why would she be worried we would poison her when from her perspective we could squish her like a bug?

So it's from Devils expecting everyone to want to stab them in the back?

19. HypoSoc

HypoSoc The mind is such a fragile plaything.

Levels of retaliation. She knows we wouldn't KILL (or even maim) her, but she expects retaliation. A prank in the form of laxatives or chili peppers or even something an order of magnitude above them (yet still not permanent) are viable courses.

zebrin, TheWave, Nickballas and 4 others like this.
  20. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

Also possible she just doesn't believe that we can actually cook worth a damn.

And I still think we should be bringing our full entourage with us on this job.

21. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

We are at least taking Shougo with us right?

22. EternitynChaos

Tsubaki "Ahhh, Kaichou, there is a note from the Chemistry Club..."

Sona "What does it say, what were the results."

Tsubaki "Well, Considering they sent us a thank you note for the wonderful lunches I think its safe to say there was nothing unusual about them at all... it says here that they were and I quote 'The best lunches we have ever had the pleasure of tasting, we as a whole are unsure as to what we have done to earn a reward such as this from the Students Council but rest assured we will give you everything we have from now on.' ...Kaichou, I'd just like to say..."

Sona "Don't..."

Tsubaki "Hai Kaichou"

23. Unelemental

Unelemental Not too sore, are you?

How devious of Issei. :)
    ~Just like a real devil.

UberJJK and Lone Wolf 666 like this.
  24. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

She's going to think that Issei pranked her by making her think it was a prank and deprived her of a delicious meal. And she had to listen to the report of how delicious it was, without tasting a single morsel. Truly, this is the cruelty of Dragons at its best!

25. Introspective Tinkerer

Why would she be so distrusting? We have no reason to want to harm her and what grievances we do have with her are minor at best.

26. EternitynChaos

From her perspective we have gone from newbie mage to SUDDENLY DRAGON in 3 seconds, Dragons are not well known for taking being told what to do well, they ARE known for getting back at people who have wronged them in some way shape or form however, until Rias sits her down and has a talk with her she's going to view things from what she knows, I wouldn't worry, when she brings it up to Rias *and she will as they as basically best friends* she will set her straight that Issei wouldn't even realise he Could do something to Sona for this, not only is he in the wrong for disrupting the Wa of the school, something he is making amends for, but she's an attractive female, he'd sooner cut of his hand.

GunnarS14, zebrin, TheWave and 4 others like this.
  27. Diller

Getting into a fight with Raiser on school grounds and breaking the magical barrier keeping the Academy's normal humans from noticing the supernatural shit that happens on school grounds isn't a minor grievance.

Especially since she was the one who had to deal with remaking the barrier and make sure Ise didn't accidentally reveal the supernatural world.

The fact she suspended us for a month and thinks we're an idiot shows she doesn't have much trust in us right now.

Attrative female that isn't an evil bitch. Raynare was damn fine -looking but we still "killed" her.

28. EternitynChaos

...Oh god, we are basically the new Devil Cultures Bad Boy for the High Class at least, you know the one the fathers all tell there daughters to stay away from because he's Bad News/Dangerous... oh good god, that's halarious

It would also be another reason why we may be getting on Sona's last nerve /laugh

29. Diller

Then they learn we get get rid of their weaknesses to holy attacks and empower them at the same time.

Suddenly we're the NO.1 bachelor for families with an extra daughter.

Hell some of the families with only one daughter and no other heirs might throw her at us regardless. Especially if Sirzechs gives us a devil title.

Funny how things change isn't it?

zebrin, TheWave, Nickballas and 3 others like this.
  30. Introspective Tinkerer

Wait, if she thinks we're an idiot why would she think we want to kill her?