1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Perfect.

2. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

that looks good, though I have visions of Issei having 2 different imperfections, this one, and a compassion version, for when he's guarding his loved ones

btw, Alexander just wondering, are we going to get a story post today or was the omake it for today? *figure asking is better then refreshing the thread for the next 4-6 hours in desperate hope /laugh*

3. Alexander

Yes, yes, you will get a post. I am just doing some research.

4. EternitynChaos

Coolies, ^^ I would have been happy with the Omake myself honestly but far be it for me to turn down for story goodness /laugh

5. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

FYI that's for all intents and purposes the Cecelyne Flaw. And thus perfectly fine by RAW and RAI.

I really hope this doesn't come to pass. Over on SB there's a few very good essays by Aleph and a others that explain just why that I'm searching for. I'll post them when I find 'em.

darknessking1234 likes this.
  6. Alexander

This one?
    This bear the question:

If Creation is in danger of going Kaboom, either by Neverborn, Raksha or Yozi, would you still excuse the Incarnae?

When it's their asses that will go Kaboom too if they don't do something?

7. Least Devotee

Ah, yes. Yes it is. Thank you. You wouldn't happen to have a link would you?
    Quite simply I believe that if the Incarnae have to deal with something it means that we have explicitly failed and the entire Exalted Host alongside us. If such came to pass and by some miracle we managed to survive I imagine Bright would be bitching us out for centuries for such a fuck up. Should such a nightmare come to pass it would not fall to the Incarnae to fix all the worlds problems, but us the fuck ups and failures as a way to atone.

8. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

It already happened once. It was when the Balorian invasion happened right after the great plague. They sat on their asses and did nothing. It was only luck that creation is still around.

9. Alexander

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-exalted-discussion-roll-join-debate.225385/page-136#post-10538219

Point. That is way I changed the line:
    There. Issei took UCS's job as the guide for other Exalts (he already handed back his own Exaltation since he didn't need it anymore. Hopefully he will not do a half-assed job.
    Yup. Whatever right they had to rest (I am ready to admit it) pales a little in the face of billions of dead people and 90% of Creation going kaput.

In short? Gods suck. Human leaders too, but at least the latter move their sorry asses.

10. EternitynChaos

In the Incarne's defence, the big killer then was the Great Contagion, and that's not something that they could have fixed, if it had just been a Fae invasion even one as stupid large as that one was I don't think it would have been a problem, honestly that was just a really really well played move by the forces of Oblivion, and if it hadn't been for that Invasion it would have been a winning move, but someone got over excited, not looking at anyone in particular of course...

But yeah, I don't think Creation as it is now CAN be ruled by anyone but the Exalts, not without it being totally remade at least, ymmv of course but there you go

Least Devotee likes this.
  11. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Question, how did Yukari and Madoka avoid getting all kinds of crazy for Issei? Though no wonder that Madoka wouldn't let him in. Especially if Homura was somewhere in there.

12. Alexander

By being conceptually "heavy" enough. All three of them embody a concept, so even the super-enhanced Charisma has no easy sway on them. Oh, it works alright, but Madoka and Yukari are powerful enough to avoid going all "love-struck". Not that Yukari didn't take care of Issei's willingness. Far from it. Poor(?) woman ended quite shaken from the experience. There is a reason she was reluctant to admit Issei into Gensokyo after all.

By the time the omake happens Issei has gained quite a reputation among other nigh-omnipotent beings.

13. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

Wait, when we ascend we'll become a memetic sex god? That's awesome and hilarious. How many lovers quarrels do you think we have solved by that point huh?

14. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

So it works but they control themselves thanks to being on the same level of existence as him and knowing exactly what he does to females.

Right?

15. Least Devotee

Thanks.
    Ah, hadn't seen that.
    Eh, there's some parts of this I dissagree with. But I'm not really willing to argue about.
    Agreed, they both suck.
    None, we're just that good.

16. Alexander

Right.
    Let's not then. I doubt we can convince each other, so it's best to leave it at that.

17. Threadmarks: Ryozanpaku - Part 1
    Alexander

"This way Hyodo-san." Sayanomiya-san points as she enters what looks like a private library. As you and him walks ahead you see the people inside looking at you and start whispering between themselves, only to look away as your gaze falls on them.

"Please forgive them." The redhead says with a smile. "They're merely curious about the Sekiryuutei. Tales of the Heavenly Dragons have reached even Japan."

"Oh?" You raise an eyebrow. "I know what my predecessors did. I hope they don't think I am some sort of maniac drunk on power."

"I assure you it's not the case. At most they're wary. Japan hosts quite a number of special individuals, but they tend to stay to themselves. It's rare for one of them to join the Committee. The truth is that, while we're the main Japanese supernatural organization, we have limited influence. We don't lack regular members, but we lack exceptional ones."

After a while you reach a room and enter. The inside is pretty large: judging by the carpet and the long table, this is a place for reunions. You sit down on the nearest chair, while Sayanomiya-san sits on the other side in front of you.

You cross your fingers together. "Shall we get down to business?"

"As you wish." He grabs a folder that was lying nearby and place in between you two. "The first task we want you to fulfill is a simple one, but it requires a notable force of character. The individuals you will deal with are...let's say bizarre."

Sound interesting.

"Remember when I hinted at the problem Japan is suffering? About the mundane organization with sufficient power to change the world."

You nod. He opens the folder and starts moving pages. "They are know by many names in all the world: "The Darkness", "La Tenebra", "L'Obscurité"...here in Japan, they are know as "Yami."

He shows you an old white-and-black photo showing soldiers from WWII fighting hand-to-hand. "The more accredited hypothesis says it was founded after WWII to keep the arts of old, that is martial arts, alive because many martial artists died during the war. In contrast to modern times, when martial arts are mostly a form of sport, they aim to restore the original spirit of them as a tool of war. They follow the way of the Satsujinken (Fist of Killing): the practitioners of these beliefs believe that killing the opponent is the way to use their martial arts skills. Most of their incomes come from mercenary jobs, while the rest is supplied by their most wealthy members."

You scowl slightly. "I can't say I approve of their ways, but of mercenaries and soldiers is full the world. What make them stand out?"

"Until now it was the size of their organization and the way they have contacts in basically all of the planet's governments." It's his answer. "Yet it was still not the Committee's concern for they have no hand in the supernatural. Until now."

He hands you a photo. In it is shown a large guy with long white hair in a suit conversing with a guy whose large muscular body is covered by a white coat with a hood.

"The guy with the hood." Sayanomiya-san points. "We don't know his name, but we know he is an important member of Yami's upper organization. While we know the name of the other one." His finger shifts over the other figure. "He forsake his original name and took the moniker of "Earth Beast". He is a member of Reunion, an organization with Korean origins that study what are dubbed "supernatural martial arts"."

Your interest is instantly picked up. "Like?"

"Like manipulating the elements of nature, among more exoteric things. Do you know about Ki?" You nod. "Good, this will be faster then. Supernatural Martials Arts use Ki like other high-end Martial Arts, but use it to do more than reinforcing the body. The downside is that it takes much more time, more than half a century, to build the necessary strength since the Ki drain is much higher. Japan has many practitioners of them, many that originated in the Edo period. What is worrying is that Reunion is not only a large organization like Yami, even if not as large as them, but that they managed to revive many lost martial arts through unknown means in mere ten years."

"And now there is the proof they have contacts with Yami." You connect the dots. "You are afraid Yami is taking an interest in Supernatural Martial Arts and may decide to employ them on large scale."

"Correct." The redhead smiles sadly. "Hopefully it will not happen, but we must prepare for a worst case scenario. The first step, is collecting allies."

He hands you another photo. This one shows an old, large Japanese house. The tag over the main gate says "Ryōzanpaku".

"Ryōzanpaku is the main foe of Yami. They are a group of exceptional Master Martial Artists that follow the way of the Katsujinken (Life Fist): it's the opposite of the Satsujinken, in that the followers believe that martial arts practitioners should not kill an opponent, even if their own lives are at risk. Despite being somewhat poor, they had always been a thorn in Yami's side."

Master Martial Artists? 'Are you thinking what I am thinking?'

[It's time for a challenge?]

'Hell yeah.' "Are they aware of the supernatural? Ryōzanpaku I mean?"

"Oh yes." Sayanomiya-san crosses his arms over his chest. "We have reports of them defeating some particularly vicious Youkai and evil mages. Despite that us and them haven't a true relationship: there is a verbal accord that we will not interfere with their fight against Yami and vice versa, but that's it. Now however, if Yami is starting to use supernatural powers we need to get involved. And we would like to have Ryōzanpaku as an ally."

He sighs. "The problem, like I said, is that the members are very eccentric. We fear that normal diplomatic methods may not work, so..."

"Say no more." You collect all papers inside the folder and close it. "I will talk with Ryōzanpaku and convince them to help."

"Simply alerting them of Yami's new interests would suffice." He smiles and stands up. "Their mission is admirable, and it would pain me to see them caught unaware."

"Understood." You reply. "When I leave?"

----

Immediately it seems. After the conversation Sayanomiya-san gave you a train's ticket and a map, saying it's the way to Ryōzanpaku.

The journey took most of the morning, but at least you reach your destination.

[​IMG]

The main gate is bigger than what it looked in the photo.

[Woah.] You hear Ddraig sniffing heavily. [I smell strong people. Human, but still strong.]

'You can tell someone is strong by smell?'

[Dragon's secret partner. I am the Emperor, I know every trick there is. Beside the white-one's original ones of course.]

Scary. But now is not the time.

You knock at the wooden gate, idly noticing that there must be metal inside by the sound, and wait.

SQUEEEAK

The gate slowly opens, and from it peaks out...

[img width=533 height=600]http://media.animevice.com/uploads/2/20763/336632-shigure_01___capitulo_6.jpg[/img]

A really, really attractive One-san with big oppai in a traditional dress!!

...Who wears a chainmail under it.

...Who has a real katana in her hand.

...Who has a mouse perched on her head.

...Whose eyes seem to shine as they observe, nay analyze you without saying a word.

Weirdness meter: full.

Conclusion: she is probably strong enough to kick your ass and thus must not be underestimated.

Right, diplomacy. How does it work again?

[] Write-in.
    ----

Some times I just don't know what possess me to write the stuff I write. I just know it's never enough :)) .

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  18. EternitynChaos

Come on Issei, here's hoping this time the first words that come out of your mouth are not 'Please Marry Me' like with Asia /laugh at least she didn't know what you were saying that the time /laugh

None the less, this should be amusing

19. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

We're recruiting Ryozanpaku to help the HCC?

YESSSSSS

We must get them to teach us and the other everything they can.

That was virgin Ise. This Ise has had sex with 5 girls multiple times now. I'm sure at he has much more self-controlandd won't say the first thing that comes to mind.

At least I hope so

[X] "Good evening, my name is Hyodo Issei. I have been asked by the History Compilation Committee to speak with the Masters of Ryōzanpaku on their behalf over a matter of grave concern." You say while giving a respectful bow.

Hey when we hear about how bad their financial situation we should offer to help. That'll get them to agree to help us very quickly.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  20. Introspective Tinkerer

Who wants to bet that Issei still manages to make an idiot of himself?

[X] "Good evening, my name is Hyodo Issei. I have been asked by the History Compilation Committee to speak with the Masters of Ryōzanpaku on their behalf over a matter of grave concern." You say while giving a respectful bow.

21. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

22. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

23. MerelysSoul

MerelysSoul Warning: Tends to irreverent in most situations.

24. EternitynChaos

Also is that mention of Veritas I see... wow, that should be amusing ^^

25. staplesdex2

staplesdex2 Status: CLASSIFIED

26. Introspective Tinkerer

I think I found a new battle theme for Issei but it's up to you guys to decide whether or not it's a good idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84YdiWysjHI

27. Ben Bladesman

Ben Bladesman Getting sticky.

28. Mignonette

Mignonette Not too sore, are you?

29. Weero

Weero Taijiquan Novice

Standard meet and greet seems like the best fit.

Unless we're going full kubo...

30. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] Whoa... Oh, right! Diplomacy! Women like to be complimented, right? Let her know how beautiful you find her! That should start things off on a positive note!