1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

but he's NOT undefeatable, and thats retarded to have as his personality is completely at odds with that, this has to be something thats important to him, which basicly means it has to come down to his girls or his friends, he cares no fucks if he's top dog, if it was Ddraig or Valor Issei I could see that, but this is Compassion Issei

heres this first Excellency, and WHY I thought having it tied to his Harem, like Kimbery is tied to the Sea would be a good idea

2. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

[X] The strength of the Radiant Dragon is tied intimately to the well-being of his flight. If the Infernal takes an action that goes against the motivation of any character to whom he has an intimacy of love, he loses the benefits of this charm for the rest of the day.

3. EternitynChaos

Well done Smut, that's just what I was flailing about in the dark trying to find ^^ have a like

[X] The strength of the Radiant Dragon is tied intimately to the well-being of his flight. If the Infernal takes an action that goes against the motivation of any character to whom he has an intimacy of love, he loses the benefits of this charm for the rest of the day.

4. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

[X] The eternal flame

yup these sound good!

5. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Smuthunter's proposal inspired me:

New Charm Concepts:

Flight

The Radiant Dragon is a greedy being. The primary object of his desires however are not material riches and treasures, even if those are appreciated, but beloved people. His true nature is to be a figurehead, a leader. The Flight are those beings who follow the Exalt and share an Intimacy with him, similar to the Followers Background. However, the Flight also included his more powerful comrades, as the Allies Background: them too must share a positive Intimacy with the Exalt. Examples are: a king and his vassals, the captain of a ship and his crew, the commander of a military unit and his men. The members of a Flight may have a different Motivation from the Exalt, but must be ready to follow and aid the Exalt's own when not in direct opposition to theirs.

[] Yes
    [] No
    [] Change it?

----

Also, is adding the Concept of Hoard appropriate?

6. EternitynChaos

looks good, basicly Issei's Hoard is his Nakama, he'd fit in fairly well into the One Piece world all things considered /laugh

[X] Yes

7. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

It's canon that at least some of Auto's charms are infected, including at least his Excellency. It was stated that an Infernal who learns an Infected charm will get robo-cancer shortly afterwards. There is also the possibility (though this was left to storyteller discretion) that the cancer might spread to the Infernals other charms, then back to the charms originators. So if Autocthon opened his charmset to the Infernals, all of Hell might be breaking out in Voidcancer soon afterwards.

This explains the main problem with the disease, its infectiousness. That's why Autocthon sometimes sheds Void-monsters like dandruff, the cancer wants to get off him and infect different forms of life. While the Empyreal could probably keep themselves relatively healthy, dealing with the sickness trying to escape them and infect others, especially during emergencies where they don't have time for safety precautions, would wear on them somewhat.

Also, if the Empyreal work anything like the Infernals, the cancer using the other charms the Empyreal has learned to infect the Dragons is a possibility.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  8. MerelysSoul

MerelysSoul Warning: Tends to irreverent in most situations.

9. Alexander

So, unless I put house rules to contain it, it's a bomb ready to explode.

Oh well, it was only an idea anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  10. EternitynChaos

I believe its one of the reasons he created the Alchemicals as he did, because his Excellencies were infected, along with his Sorcery initiation, which is why they use something different, it doesn't mean he couldn't think up something, he IS Auto-kun after all, fixing practical problems is what he DOES /laugh

11. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

But he doesn't use more gun, he uses more science.

12. Alexander

...Maybe creating a set of special Charms similar to his own but not related, so they're free of robo-cancer? I mean the Charms of the Alchemical have to have come from somewhere.

13. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Could a speciality of martial arts be "while using charms"? They do allow for effects that simply can't be done without there use, say catching bullets with your hands for example.

14. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

That sounds too easy to abuse, like you could put up a scene-long defense and then get the bonus for the whole scene.

15. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

You can take a MA specialty in armored or unarmored. The general rule is to try and take a specialty in whatever you were going to do anyways.

16. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Yeah but then there are surprise attacks where in you just don't get to put one up before they attack you...

17. juracc

juracc Getting sticky.

Umm, what?

If they surprise us, then our DV will be zero and the extra dots wont matter. Then, our first action will probably involve activating FotDF which is a reflexive scene-long (for us at least).

And then there are surprise-negator charms and indefinite duration charms. We don't have them yet, but they are there.

18. EternitynChaos

just get a speciality for Boosted Gear, there, max of 3 dots extra if its in Gauntlet form, Glove form or bracelet form, tada, no need to worry about silly things like a speciality while charms are active, because seriously that's so out there I don't even know where to begin, and you can parry bullets with stunts fyi, and if someone gets us in a situation we don't have BG then we are in a lot more trouble then not having three extra dots in MA would imply /laugh

19. Gnarker

Gnarker Versed in the lewd.

On the mutation of non-Solar exaltations:

I've read about 'Dragons of a Different Color', Dragon-blooded that, due to exposure to Shadowlands while growing up etc., substitute the normal five Creation-elements with the Underworld Elements (Pyre-flame, blood, prayer, bone, and a fifth one I can't remember currently). Flavortext said something about their auras taking on appropriate changes (whispered prayers being heard from Airs, Fire's Anima not feeling hot and having a green tinge, etc.) as well as them looking pale and sickly, leading to the Dragon-blooded houses locking any Underworld-Dragons away to avoid shame while propably not being quite aware of their true nature.
    I've read similar things about Autochton, with awakened (maybe) and unmanifested Dragonblooded being among those embarking on Auto's Ark, and their bloodlines shifting over time to Crystal, Metal, Oil, etc.

Sidereals and Lunars on the other hand, I don't think can actually be shifted in that way, because of one reason: Mutability.
    Sidereals are governed entirely by Fate. They can't even invent their own charms on their own, but instead have to get the Maidens to approve of them. So they're likely entirely too rigid to be changed in any way.
    With Lunars, it's the exact opposite; They're too mutable. Shifting and becoming something new is the entire core of their being, so everything they could be changed into is already part of their Exaltation in the first place. Or as, I think it was Aleph, expressed it, roughly; "If you change a Lunar Exaltation into it's underworld equivalent, it'll go 'wheee' and be that for a bit, before changing into a Wyld thing and go into the Wyld to snack on yummy Raksha. until it grows bored with that anyway, and decides to do something entirely different again." So the most you could do with Lunars is eating a few demons/hekatonkhires/gods/gremlins/fae/whatever, and absorb part of their powerset, but that's already an inherent ability of the Lunars.

Alchemicals are kind of similar to both Sidereals and Lunars, in that on one hand they'll always by mechanical Inventor-Cyborg-Robo-Cities, but in that framework can express and reinvent themselves in any way they can dream of, kind of like their Patron and his penchant of doing the impossible and breaking all boundaries. They could propably turn from mechanics and cyborgization to genetic engineering and biotech, but as far as I understand that's more or less the robocancer in a nutshell, so that (or the potential for it anyway) is kinda part of them already, too.

TheWave and Corvus 501 like this.
  20. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

You get the thumbs up for the quote from Aleph if nothing else. And the rest of that was pretty informative as well.

21. Kelenas

Kelenas Experienced.

It's a bit complicated.

At its most basic, Shapeshifting is an innate ability - like Anima-powers, for example - rather than a Charm. A Lunar targets a living being, hunts it down, kills it, then drinks its blood/other vital fluids, and can henceforce become this being whenever he chooses. This includes all physical abilities and limitations. Become a bear, and you're suddenly extremely strong. Become a dog, and you can suddenly track scents easily for miles. Become a bird and you can fly. Become a fish and you can breathe underwater. And so on, and so forth.

Initially, however, this is limited, in that it pretty much only works on natural animals, and not above or below a certain size. To taking on the forms
    And that is where Knacks come into play. In the vast majority of cases, Knacks allow Lunars to expand or otherwise improve or alter their Shapeshifting abilities. Expand the size-limits for the shapes he can assume, allow his stats to overwrite his chosen forms' where they're superior, and enable creatures other than natural animals to be targets for his hunting, so he can acquire their shapes. Later, this includes supernatural creatures such as spirits, demons, and so on.
    And part of those Knacks allows the Lunar to not just assume a supernatural being's shape, but also use their Essence-based powers and abilities, thought it's worth noting that those Knacks are very high up the ladder.

That is what makes the Lunars scary; their incredible versatility. Both from their Shapeshifting, and their reliance on the Attributes rather than Abilities.

Corvus 501 likes this.
  22. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

I was under the impression you could stack on multiple specialties like say unarmored, Boosted Gear. To get 11 pure martial arts skill.

23. EternitynChaos

it varies, some ST let you, others don't, Alexander hasn't said one way or another which it is here, so I wasn't saying anything definitive on that ^^; just that Boosted Gear would be a great first MA speciality to pick up

24. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Well that's kind of why I was asking about whether or not being under the influence of a charm counted as a specialty. If stacking is allowed then why not stack all 4 possible specialties so we can benefit from them? An effective skill level of 17 martial arts would be awesome.

25. Alexander

I am afraid I will have to forbid stacking specialties, since you have things like the Excellencies. For the "being under a Charm" thing...sorry, nope: it's not a valid specialty.

26. Threadmarks: Ryozanpaku - Part 2
    Alexander

[X] "Good evening, my name is Hyodo Issei. I have been asked by the History Compilation Committee to speak with the Masters of Ryōzanpaku on their behalf over a matter of grave concern." You say while giving a respectful bow.
    ----

Let's keep things short, polite and possibly empty of blatant references to the supernatural.

"Good evening, my name is Hyodo Issei. I have been asked by the History Compilation Committee to speak with the Masters of Ryōzanpaku on their behalf over a matter of grave concern." You say while giving a respectful bow.

"..." The One-san doesn't answer, she just slightly tilts her head. Her expression didn't change, but you almost get the feeling she's...confused? "...Who?"

"Who? You mean...the History Compilation Committee?" She nods. 'What. Kaoru-san said they know about the supernatural and-but of course! It's possible they don't know the exact name of the Committee, just what they do.'

This poses a little problem.

"They're...we're.." You search for the right words. "We deal with the bizarre happenings of the world, you know the ones that are kept a secret from the public?"

She tilts her head again.

Your voice lowers to a whisper. "The supernatural. Mages, youkai, that sort of things."

"Ooh." She nods to herself, her fist (the one still holding the sword) hitting the palm of the other. "Come...with me."

Finally. "Excuse me." You say as you step inside the property and follow the still-without-name One-san. As the two of you walk you take the chance to observe your surroundings: the photos gave you a preview, but this place is really old. The main building is as traditional as one can get, and the materials are worn out and cracked in many places. Despite the age it's all clean through, so this means they took good care of it.

It's as you're busy not looking ahead that you bump into something. 'Oops. Did I walk into a pillar?' You look up-

"Hi. I'm Appachai!!"

[​IMG]

And stare at the smiling face of a giant of a man. Foreigner, he has light dark skin and short spiky silver hair, and he's wearing only a yellow tank top and red shorts.

You raise a hand in greeting. "Hi. I'm Issei."

"Nice to meet you!" The giant replies with a happy tone before walking away.

You turn to the One-san and point to the retreating Appachai. "That's normal?"

She wordlessly nods.

"Ah, okay." Having received confirmation you quickly put the odd encounter away. It's not as if it was the oddest thing you're ever seen.

As you enter the building proper you notice that the mouse sitting on the One-san's head is staring intently at you. You also notice it has a pink ribbon on its tail.

You guess it's cute?

Realizing you have noticed him the mouse jumps on its owner's shoulder and starts squeaking in her ear. The One-san turns around to stare at you with a quizzical look.

"Is...something the problem?" You ask.

She points to the mouse. "Tochūmaru..." That's the mouse's name? "Say you smell...like a wild beast."

Urgh!

[Hahaha!!] Ddraig laughs. [The little morsel knows his betters by instinct! Tell him he doesn't need to worry: he's not worthy eating.]

'I will try to be a little more diplomatic, thank you very much.' "Eh eh, I guess?" You laugh nervously and scratch your cheek. "But I am not going to do anything unsavory. I am here just to talk."

She regards you for a few seconds before nodding. "...Sincere." Then she starts to turn around.

"You know." Your words stop her. "I never got your name."

"...Shigure." She says slowly. "Kosaka Shigure."

"A pleasure to meet you Kosaka-san. Tochūmaru." You say with another bow.

She stares at you for a few seconds before her eyes lights up and she returns the bow. Tochūmaru keeps squeaking.

----

"Elder." Kosaka-san opens a door. "A guest."

[​IMG]

Inside the large room is yet again another giant of a man, if possible even taller than the silver-haired foreigner: Japanese, nonetheless he has blond hair reaching mid-back and also sports a chest-length beard complete with a mustache. Despite his advanced age he has largely muscular and well-defined built, few wrinkles, and not a single gray hair.

[​IMG]

The "Elder" is sitting seiza in front of a shogi board. On the other side is a man in a traditional hakama with messy brown hair similar to your own. Despite his seemingly small physique, the exposed skin shows nothing but muscles. Oddly, his pupils are nearly colorless.

"Oh? A guest?" The giant turns in your direction, the other guy doing the same. "Did you come here to join the dojo?"

"I am afraid that's not the case." You ignore how both seem to deflate at that. "My name is Hyodo Issei. I come at the behalf of the History Compilation Committee to speak over a matter of grave concern."

"Ooh?" The Elder quirks an eyebrow. "The History Compilation Committee? That's odd."

"Indeed." The other guys finally speaks. "If I am not wrong this is the first time they contact our dojo directly."

"A matter of grave importance you say?" You nod. "I see. Akisame, Shigure: please call the others."

Two minutes later you are sitting seiza on the pavement, the Elder, who presented himself as Hayato Furinji, sitting in the same position a meter in front of you. Sitting on his sides are, included Kosaka-san and Appachai, five other figures.

[​IMG]

"History Compilation Committee? What the hell is that?" Asks a muscular guy with a scar on his face, who presented himself as Sasaki Shio.

"They're the main national Japanese association for keeping the supernatural hidden." Replies the guy in a hakama, who presented himself as Akisame Koetsuji.

[​IMG]

"Mmmh.." Hums a short middle aged man with a long mustache, who presented himself as Kensei Ma. "They sent a child? How unusual."

You're not a child.

{How old are you? Sixteen, seventeen? Yes you're a child.}

'Is the experience of an old woman talking?'

Sling!

"Is everything alright Hyodo-kun?" Furinji asks as you stiffen.

"Perfect." You breath out, trying to ignore the phantom pain of your internal organs being brutalized. "Just a bad memory."

"Mmh, okay." He smooth down his beard. "All the members of Ryōzanpaku are here. The only ones missing are my granddaughter and our dojo's only disciple, but since they both ignore the existence of the supernatural world there is no need to wait for them. Now Hyodo-kun, what is this 'matter of grave concern' that you want to talk about?"

[] Write-in.
    ----

Sorry for the many images, but the Ryōzanpaku's Masters are badass enough to deserve one each.

27. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

Issei should really learn not to comment on a woman's age.

Asdercol likes this.
  28. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

Issei should really learn to stop the voice in his head from causing him physical pain, too. It may not be a big problem now, but once we start seriously disagreeing with her it could mean trouble.

29. Unelemental

Unelemental Not too sore, are you?

Yeah, otherwise he might start to enjoy it...

30. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

Hmm, well we really should let them know just why we were sent instead of someone else.

[X] Reintroduce ourself using our publicly known titles.
    - [X] Speak to them not as their greater or their lesser, but as a young Solar meeting with those rare mortals who managed to become his peers and are thus worthy of his respect.
    - [X] Give them the message the HCC asked us to.
    - [X] Answer any questions they have. So long as we have the knowledge to and it wouldn't reveal anything we have chosen to not make public in the mystical community. Should they ask such politely decline to answer.

[X] Smuthunter's Stunt.