1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

Maybe we're the night light for our own story?

2. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

Forbidden love in the cold war? Devil and Kusanagi user. And said leader of the killer is one of the head in the devil faction, it's like "All for the greater good." Borderline gray moral.

3. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Yeah, still not seeing it. I hear dark and I think Warhammer 40K or Fate/Zero or something. This isn't even Code Geass dark.

4. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

who knows maybe its the current mix of dark and silly /shrug whatever it is its enough that, like fanfic writers throughout the ages its gotten Alexander to go "Right, Fuck that, I can do better then that, just you watch and SEE if I don't." /laugh so I guess I can't complain ^^

5. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Well I think the tragedy of the SG users in the Khaos brigade is more gray.

"I tried to warn him for his own good, but the man's body shook as he repeatedly tried to get up despite falling over many times.

"...If I die, so be it. For that guy... to die for Cao Cao is my wish."

I could tell he was sincere.

"You didn't get brainwashed?"

"That's right... I followed Cao Cao with my own will. Why do you ask? Cough cough..."

The man was breathing painfully as he spoke. Clearly his throat was also scorched by the heat, but he still continued.

"...You cannot be unaware of the tragedy faced by Sacred Gear possessors."

I understood. Asia was also caught in tragedy because of that.

"...Not everyone can live a happy life relying on the power of the Sacred Gear they are born with...
    What do you think would happen to a kid like me who could freely manipulate shadows...?"

The man spoke in self mockery as he continued.

"Fear and oppression from others. Due to this power, I couldn't even live a normal life... But that man told me it was great to have this power."

-- Cao Cao.

"He also told me, being born with this power made me a talented and precious existence... He told me I could become a hero... If you heard these words which changed the meaning of your life, what would you think? -- Wanting to live and die for that man is only natural."

This man was pouring his heart out with his monologue. ...Was he that devoted to Cao Cao?

Unfortunately, that man is a terrorist. And even now, he has kidnapped Kunou's mother and is planning some kind of conspiracy.

"Perhaps he was just using you?"

To my words, the man laughed.

"Is there anything wrong with that? He, Cao Cao! He taught me how to use my power and gave me the reason to live. That is enough! With this I can live on, my previously worthless life is finally rewarded! There is nothing wrong!!! Sekiryuutei!"

I was silent as the man tearfully spoke out his deepest thoughts.

"...To us who were treated like rubbish, he is the light...! My power is for defeating devils, angels, and the various gods...! Where else can I find something like that...!? Also... whether Devils, Fallen Angels and Dragons -- they are the enemies of mankind...! This is common sense! And you -- both a Devil and a Dragon! Humans cannot regard you as anything but a threat!"

A threat? True, seen from a human's perspective, I may be a fearsome existence.

Cao Cao -- that man is a person who has given meaning to life for those possessors who spent their lives in tragedy as a result of their Sacred Gears. To this man before me, perhaps it was a chance of a lifetime."

Vol 9 life 4.

He's a terrorist and on the opposing side of the good guys in DXD. Yet he's this was because he was mistreated because of a power he just happened to be born with. Caoc Cao was the one who gave him purpose. Let's also not forget that Devils,Fallen Angels, and Dragons are normally seen as humanities enemies. Ise even acknowledges that. Hell people like Indra and Rivziem think it's laughable that a devil/dragon Ise is trying to act like a hero and not be a villain like "he should be as a dragon and devil".

In another setting where Devils,Fallen Angel, and Dragons are all evil like in many other fictional stories then the hero Faction would be actual heroes and the good guys.

Though Eternity has a point that something in it just didn't sit well with Alex and has inspired him to do better in his opionion so I really can't complain too much either.

I just feel this isn't anything worse then anything else we've seen in DXD.

6. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Can we please wait for the next update/post from Alex?
    As much as it is interesting to discuss hora from DxD, I want to read more of this quest.

7. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Who are these people who see a person with superpowers and collectively say "Let's throw rocks at him!"? It's one thing for Asia to face discrimination because she was involved with a supernatural organization, but where are these other guys coming from?

8. Introspective Tinkerer

I think the inbreeding is the one to blame for that, if you know what I mean. :p

9. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

Yeah. I really don't know why the phenomena of Bully the Dragon seems so widely used in fiction. Are people seriously that suicidal?

10. Diller

Well think of how people discriminate against others just because of things like status in society,race,gender, and/or sexual preference aka very stupid reasons because of things like fear or not understanding them.

Now add supernatural powers and people start going kill "the monster" before it kills us or break it's will so it doesn't rise up aginst us.

Especially if the area is superstitious or weary of those not normal

Humans have a tendency to reject and try to get rid of things they can't or don't understand.

Of course doing so is likely to make them retaliate with said superpowers but if they were that smart to begin with then they never would've ever though about bullying them in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  11. Silver W. King

A part of me dies inside everytime I see this point. Not because it's bad, but because its true. And yet, no one goes for the Smart choice.

12. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

I'm reminded of the fact that in some places, "witch-killings" still occur. People abusing, discriminating and killing people with actual supernatural powers doesn't surprise me.

Of course, I suspect in most cases, the unfortunate victim isn't powerful enough to proper defend themselves or retaliate. Or at least, not enough to wipe out a mob, as gatherings of people with high emotions have a bad effect of causing people's logical processes to breakdown. :/

13. Diller

Oh no some go for the smart choice. Ususally either a family member or family figure that sees their jst a normal person and not a monster. Then the mob either kills or tortures the person(s) for "associating and being contaminated with the monster" whic of course causes the person with Superpowers to snap, awaken their powers to a never before seen degree and go on a murder spree for revenge and now has a newborn hatred for humanity and the world. Or a passing by evil person sees this, kills the mob, and promises the now tramuatized superpowered person revenge, power, or a chance to save their loved one if they join them. Boom new bad guy born because peole have a tendency to be really really stupid dicks at times.

Their also likely to be very young so it's especially bad for them and they panic very hard and quickly.

14. Introspective Tinkerer

Don't you just love human nature? It can be so beautiful yet so stupid all at the same time.

15. Diller

So true. Sigh

We're starting to get off topic. We should probably end this now.

16. Threadmarks: Ryozanpaku - Part 3
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] Plan Least Devotee
    ----

You begin by bowing respectfully to the masters. Your knees creak at you a little but you ignore them -- you've dealt with much worse than just sitting in an uncomfortable position.

"Honored masters, thank you for taking time out of your day to meet with me. My name is Hyoudou Issei,-" Time to show why the HCC sent you. "-though in some parts of the supernatural world they call me Sekiryuutei."

The effect is instantaneous. The short old man's hand, who was fumbling with his moustache, stops. Furinji-san's other eyebrow joins the other near the hairline, and while it isn't threatening his aura is less easygoing than before. Koetsuji-san is now observing you with interest.

Kosaka-san and Apachai seem confused. You suppose they aren't aware of what Sekiryuutei really mean.

"Ahahaha! [Red Dragon Emperor]?" Finally, Sasaki-san laughs. "Isn't a title too grandiose for a kid like you?"

You laugh good-naturedly. "Yeah, I'm told I have big shoes to fill. I'm doing my best on that end, but I still have a long ways to go." The three that recognized the title visibly relax. "However I didn't come to talk about myself."

You draw the folder of images that Sayanomiya-san gave you out of your bag and present the evidence, sliding it across the dojo floor to Master Furinji. Fast, so fast you scarcely saw it, he takes the folder and open it.

"My visit this evening concerns the organization known as Yami. I was told you all know it well." At the mention of Yami everyone, even Apachai, assume a serious face. Furinji-san's face is hard as he skips the contents of the folder. "The Committee has evidence that Yami has come into contact with another group called Reunion, a Korean organization which is deeply involved with the study and use of what are commonly called supernatural martial arts. I trust your know what I am talking about?"

"Apa? Super what?" Apachai asks.

"Remember that guy, an year ago, who could set himself on fire without burning?" The silver haired giant nods at Koetsuji-san's question. "A martial art like that."

"Apaaa.."

"This isn't all." You continue as the Elder passes the folder to Kensei Ma. "Reunion has shown the ability to train others in their use in a very short time frame, and the Committee is concerned that Yami may begin using these arts to advance their agenda. In the worst case they might already be doing so."

"Ah!" Sasaki-san shouts harshly. "I wouldn't put it beyond those bastards. Who are those 'Reunion' guys anyway. I've never heard of them."

Before you can answer the Elder beats you. "I've heard of them. The group Reunion is connected to various firms on the continent such as China and India, while having various investors from Europe and the United States. And...is speared by the Heaven Riches faction of martial arts."

Interesting. You weren't aware of that. More useful information to give back to Sayanomiya-san.

This time it's Ma who speak. "Didn't the Heaven Riches faction died off during the first Sino-Japanese war?"

"Not exactly. I know the last pureblood Heaven Riches master is dead, but the Style and the Faction is still kept alive by the new heir Yuri Linus."

"What's so important about this faction, Elder?" Akisame asks.

"They're an old Satsujinken group equal to the Furinji clan." He replies sourly. "Their martial art, called [Heaven's Richest Divine Fist], is said to be powerful enough to kill even Gods. What's more, the main family is protected by five branches, each with their own powerful style. Together they're called the Five Heavenly Paths. They are: Fire Dragon, Lightning Tiger, Liquid Shark, Ancient Wood and-"

"Earth Beast?" You interrupt him. As his questioning look you mention to the folder. "Look at page 46. The photo in there shows Earth Beast meeting an important member of Yami."

When he reaches the page his face, if possible, hardens even more. He puts the folder down so that the others could look at it too.

-!-!-!

'Woah! That's some murderous aura they're releasing.' You are thoroughly impressed.

"Is that..?" Sasaki asks.

"Yes. The body shape is unmistakable." Koetsuji replies with a deep frown.

"An acquaintance of yours, I presume?" You question with a raised eyebrow.

For some reason they all blink at you before the atmosphere visibly relaxes. The Elder coughs. "You can say that. So, why the Committee decided to share this information with us? We're grateful, but I don't think they simply want to alert us."

"In truth my direct superior finds the last one an acceptable outcome." You confess. "However, there is more. Up until now the Committee refrained from interfering in your affairs, as their purview falls solely on supernatural events. However, if Yami is seriously going to employ supernatural martial arts, with the possibility that people not in the known may witness them, I hope you understand the Committee will be forced to interfere."

"I see." The Elder strokes his beard. "Yes, that's understandable. What does the Committee want to do?"

"Ideally, a collaboration with Ryōzanpaku." You reassure them with a quick Irresistible Salesman Spirit. "We of course wouldn't think of ordering you around. We just wish to act in concert with you, to maximize collective efforts and avoid possible misunderstandings."

"Uhmm..." The Elder assumes a thought pose. "Could you wait outside Hyodo-san? We must discuss this together."

"Of course." You stand up and bow again. "Take all the time you need. You can keep the folder."

With that you step outside.

----

"Well, that's a troubling series of events." Akisame comments.

"Indeed. I feared such an outcome, but I hoped it would never come to pass. Sadly my prayers weren't answered." The Elder says.

"And?!" Sasaki crushes the beer can he has in his hand. "Yami got some new trinkets. Nothing new, we will just crush them as-what are you watching Ma?"

The old Kempo master shakes his head, looking away from the door that Hyodo used to leaved. "Nothing, just wondering. The Sekiryuutei, after all those years..."

"Right, what's up with that? You all made a strange face when he said that word." Sasaki's questioning look was shared by Apachai and Kosaka.

"You don't know?" Ma adjusts his hat. "Do you know what a Sacred Gear is?"

"Aren't those strange powers from Christianity?"

"Right." Akisame confirms. "Strange powers, otherworldly weapons... they can take many forms. Among them, there are thirteen unique weapons of unmatched strength. The Sekiryuutei is the possessor of one of them, the Boosted Gear. The one possessed by the Emperor of Dragons."

""Eh?"" Sasaki, Apachai and Shigure say simultaneously.

"That boy..." The Elder crosses his arms over his chest. "Has the power to kill god and destroy the world."

"So young..." Ma's voice is filled with remorse. "The God of the Bible is too cruel."

"Wait, what? Destroy the world? What are you talking about?"

As Sasaki starts firing questions, Kosaka Shigure mutters a single word. "...Weapon?"

----

[Aren't you going to listen? You should be capable of it with the earing of a Dragon.]

"Nah." You sit on the porch's edge, enjoying the traditional atmosphere. "First, it would be rude. Second, I don't need to. I said what I have to say. Now I only need an answer.]

{Indeed. Leave sneaking around in shadow to the Night Castes and social interaction to the Eclipse Castes.}

'I always wanted to ask: why are the Solars divided into five Castes?'

{Uhm, indeed it may appears as a rough simplification. However there are reasons behind the decision, both practical and theological: first of all, the symbolism...}

As Bright keeps talking (and your head hurting more and more), you hear the main gate opening and new voices, a female and a male.

"Hang in there Kenichi-kun! We're almost there."

"Haaa, haa..M-Miu-san...my muscles are killing me..."

'Uhm, they must be the Elder's granddaughter and the disciple.' Pushed by curiosity you stand up and walk in the voices' direction.

[img width=403 height=600]http://media.animevice.com/uploads/2/20763/351522-miu_02.jpg[/img]

Woooah! Now that's a true skinsuit! And on a blonde bombshell, even better! She has the Elder's eyes and hair, so she must be the granddaughter.

[​IMG]

The other one...wait, have you not seen this guy somewhere else? If yes he wasn't carrying a lot of shopping bags with steel balls chained to his feet, that's for sure.

The boy, who now that you notice is probably your junior together with the girl, sways.

Covering the distance between you and him in a scarce second you put a hand on the backpack, preventing him from falling. "Need help?"

"...Yes..." He wheezes out without looking up.

"Ah! A guest" The girl claps her hands together. "Are you here to join the dojo? Or to challenge it? Do you want tea?"

"I would like tea. And, I'm here because..."

Wait. The Elder said those two don't know about the supernatural. So you can't tell them the truth.

And you also need to phrase you answer well enough that, when the Masters come out, they don't say something contradictory by accident.

You doubt Furinji-san would appreciate you messing with her granddaughter's memories.

[] Write-in.

17. Diller

Of course the fact BG is a weapon catches Shigure's eye. She'll probably want to see it later.

We could say we're here on behalf of another organization to warn Ryozanpaku about their rivals getting dangerous new allies that could also be a threat to Japan as a whole and we already have a somewhat cordial relationship with Ryozanpaku.We're telling the truth with some omitted facts.

18. staplesdex2

staplesdex2 Status: CLASSIFIED

[X]Plan Staplesdex2:
    "Some business for the masters. It's a bit private so I won't reveal anything."

19. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Why is Issei using the term his direct superior. He's not apart of the HCC.

20. EternitynChaos

Because for this he's working for the HCC, which makes said person he's direct superior

Prince Charon likes this.
  21. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

[X]Plan Staplesdex2
    works for me

22. darklord

darklord Versed in the lewd.

[X] "Just delivering message to the masters, you know, an odd job while resting from training..."

[X]"Speaking of training, I saw him a few days ago, pulling a guy on a tire, and now this... Nice routine, but when does he graduate from the beginner's course?"

Trooper1021 likes this.
  23. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

[X]Plan Staplesdex2:
    "Some business for the masters. It's a bit private so I won't reveal anything."

24. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

[X] "Just delivering message to the masters, you know, an odd job while resting from training..."

[X]"Speaking of training, I saw him a few days ago, pulling a guy on a tire, and now this... Nice routine, but when does he graduate from the beginner's course?"

25. Introspective Tinkerer

We can show her our hyper weapon later. >:D

26. EternitynChaos

Damn it, the only person here allowed to make that quote is Smuthunter /laugh on account of having Rance as his Avatar

27. Introspective Tinkerer

But yeah, we now have a foot in the door with Shigure something I am most happy for. Though the time period of Kenichi alters how many lovely ladies are going to be following us home after this. So we should find out when we are soon.

28. Silver W. King

[X] "Some business with the Masters, but more importantly, why are there steel balls, chained to his legs?" We ask, pointing at the guy who was struggling earlier.

EDIT:

29. Unelemental

Unelemental Not too sore, are you?

[X]Plan Staplesdex2

30. Aleh

Aleh Destroyer of Faith in Humanity

It's worth mentioning that Kenichi's training isn't exactly very extreme by Exalted standards. Perhaps we should comment on some of the methods we're familiar with (or planning to use with Yang or Ruby)... preferably in Kenichi's hearing?

Comedic sadism FTW!