1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

I rather think the "break out charms afterwards" thing is going to fail.

You only get one shot at a first impression.

Hmm

the question is. Fists of Iron Technique Or Orichalcum Fists of Battle? The latter includes the former, so obviously it's stronger, but it's also an "obvious" charm.

hmm.

[X] use charm: Fists of Iron

2. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

[X] You focus your strength on your muscle, your legs spread, your body lowered, then with an unstoppable cannon hand you punch through the steel bar, leaving a hole mark exactly the shape of your fist on it.
    -[X] use charm: Fists of Iron

3. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

[X] You focus your strength on your muscle, your legs spread, your body lowered, then with an unstoppable cannon hand you punch through the steel bar, leaving a hole mark exactly the shape of your fist on it.
    -[X] use charm: Fists of Iron

I would like to join this quest Alexander.
    Sorry for not presenting myself before.

4. juracc

juracc Getting sticky.

Because it's a stunt.

How hard is it to break a steel bar, anyway?

5. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Not that hard for us. We don't need charms to do it.

6. EVA-Saiyajin

EVA-Saiyajin Connoisseur.

7. Threadmarks: Ryozanpaku - Part 5
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Welcome to QQ and my quest! 8) There is nothing to be sorry about.
    ----

Your call upon your training to maximize strength. You focus on your muscles, your legs spread and your body lowered.

Then you punch downward.

CLANK!!

The sound produced by the bar and your gauntlet meeting is quite ponderous. You expected something more high-pitched. The wooden pavement give up a little, letting the anvils sink down a few centimeters.

"No damage." You comment as you flex your fingers. "Usually I can shatter stone. It must be pretty good stuff."

"Wrong." Kosaka-san comments. She lifts up the bar horizontally to your eyes' level, letting you see the depressions formed by the shape of your fist.

"Oh. It's still good stuff in my opinion. Is it some kind of special metal?" You run a clawed finger on the surface.

She nods, her eyes gazing intently on Boosted Gear. "First time...happened. Can you...increase damage?"

"Yes, I can use a technique similar to Ki. Do you want me to..?"

She nods again and puts the bar between the two anvils again.

"Okay. Fists of Iron Technique."

This time your punch leaves a crack on the bar.

----

You spend the next hour and a half between hitting samples provided by Kosaka-san and watching her works on new and old ones on a forge. Yes she has a forge in there.

[You know, I find it strange that you're going along with her requests without complains.]

You mentally shrug. 'It's a way like any other to pass the time.

[So it has nothing to do with you sucking up to a pretty girl?] He asks in a teasing tone.

'First, I like to think of myself as a helpful guy, just cautious enough to avoid having my goodwill being abused. Second, older sister-types are the best!'

[Once a pervert, always a pervert!]

You ignore your partner to focus on how Tochumau, despite being so small and a mouse, is skilled enough to act as an assistant to her owner. Here at Ryōzanpaku even mouses are Master-level! If this isn't proof of them being awesome you don't know what makes one.

After a while Kosaka-san stops her activities and begins putting away all her tools.

"Are we done? Can I go?" Tochumaru answers for her, raising a tiny thumb-up. Or whatever counts for one for a mouse. You smile as you reach to the door and open it. "Thanks for the pleasant time Kosaka-san. It was a pleasure helping you." You step outside.

And feel yourself the target of a myriad of gazes. All the members of the dojo are there, staring at you with various expression that range from amused to embarrassed to shocked.

You raise an eyebrow. "What?"

"My, this is the first time Shigure brings a boy to her room." Koetsuji quietly laughs.

"Well done boyo! Never seen anyone working so fast!" Ma-san shows you a thumb-up, a trickle of blood dripping from his nose and a camera in his free hand.

"Apapapa!! What's going on?"

The Elder's grin, a very big one, if the one of a mischievous grandfather who caught a child with his hand elbow down in the jam.

"Oi oi oi! No matter how you see it he's too young for that!" Sasaki is outraged.

"Wawawa...Shigure-san likes younger boys? Wawawa!" Miu-san's face is beet red.

And so is Kenichi. "Is this the world of the adults?"

You resist the urge to facepalm. Instead you raise an eyebrow and give them a 'are you serious?' glare. "You guys totally got the wrong idea."

Kosaka-san comes out and address you. "Thank you...for pounding so hard."

This time you facepalm as the various reactions increase tenfold in intensity. Beside Kenichi, who faints.

"You are still totally getting the wrong idea."

----

"Hyodo-kun. Me and the others have discussed on the matter and reached a decision." You and the Elder are sitting opposite each other on a table, each with a cup of steaming hot tea in hand.

"That's great. But can you please stop grinning?" You say with a polite, if slightly irritated, tone.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He strokes his beard. "Ryōzanpaku never turns down willing allies. And against Yami every help is welcome: currently there is an unofficial ceasefire between us, but I am sure it's only a matter of time before they start moving. Especially now that Ken-chan is here."

"You mean Kenichi?" As far as you can tell the guy looks harmless. "Why?"

"Let's just say that the fact that Ryōzanpaku has now a disciple will push them into action." He mysteriously replies. "There is only one problem: we of course have our own allies, old friends in Japan and outside, and honor dictates we must inform them. Could you please wait until I contacted them? It would take no more than a few days."

"I can't see why not." It's not as if you don't have the time.

Miu-san chooses that moment to enter with a tray of sweets.

"Of course, we of Ryōzanpaku would be happy to house you in our humble abode until then." The Elder says with a playful tone as he twirls one moustache around his finger. "It's the least we can do for a guest."

"Ah, I-"

"That's a magnificent idea!" Miu-san declares with stars in her eyes. "You must stay. I insist!"

You look back and forth between the two before shrugging. "Al..right. I accept your offer."

At least it will be interesting. There is only one problem.

You don't have the necessary items to stay away from home.

----

"You follow Line 35, then get off at Kame Station. Is it clear Sempai?" Kenichi asks you after he finished explaining how to reach the commercial district.

"Perfect." You nod.

"You know, I can accompany you if you want..."

"No need. I just need a change of clothing and toiletries." You pat his shoulder. "Use the time to train. Hard work is always rewarded."

"....Yeah....training..." Kenichi's face loses a bit of vitality.

You huff. "What's with that weak spirit? Light up! Otherwise you will be a easy target for the rubber bullets."

"Rubber bullets?!"

You nod sagely. "That's how one of my teachers trained my reflexes. Even if the results didn't show until another one started tossing real swords at me blade first. But in your case it will probably be something less lethal, like trunks. See ya!"

You walk away, missing Kenichi screaming and trying to run away, only to be intercepted by Kosaka-san.

It's....Random Event Time!

[] Roll me a 1d6. In case of multiple rolls, please vote for the one you want me to use.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  8. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Lugia spies an update!
    Lugia rolls for Hora~
    [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

9. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

How do you roll dice? [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

10. ZipLopz

ZipLopz Know what you're doing yet?

This thread will explain it: http://questionablequesting.com/index.php?topic=17.0

This is my first time rolling. Hopefully, I don't mess everything up...

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

11. Unelemental

Unelemental Not too sore, are you?

This is the roll that pierces the heavens!
    [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

12. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

[​IMG] This dice roll has been tampered with!
    Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4

5 rolls, with 3 4's? I think fate is telling us something.

Edit: the dice have no been tampered with, they do that when you edit. :notfunny:

13. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

Say, I remember a previous discussion where it was mentioned that Chi is not Essence. Is Essence, Reiryoku (Spiritual Energy)?

14. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

15. Unelemental

Unelemental Not too sore, are you?

So which one do we vote for?

16. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

17. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

Good, even if my vote didn't get the most number Alexander still included it in the update, thank you.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

18. Alexander

In a way.

DxD has various types of energy living beings can access, while Exalted has only Essence. For the purpose of this story, treat Essence as something halfway between Ki and Magic, unique to Issei (this means Issei has access only to Essence, since for an Exaltation it is the best way and don't need others).

Least Devotee likes this.
  19. Carrnage

Carrnage Well worn.

In Exalted everything is essence and made out of essence, and there's dozens of "Flavours" of essence of course each being only tends to use/be one.
    perhaps different DXD energies are analogous to different essence "Flavours"

20. korat56

korat56 Well worn.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote] - rolls 1 6-sided dice.

21. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

Since it's been rolled the most

[X] 4

22. Alexander

Wouldn't that translate into having more than one pool of Essence, each with a different flavor? I think that would give Bright a migraine. Or maybe not considering Issei and Boosted Gear.

I just read an interesting theory: that Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing's power were not originally from Ddraig and Albion, but it was the God of the Bible who made them work that way. So for example: for Ddraig Boost was just releasing more of his power in an explosive burst that drained his Stamina faster than normal, while Albion had the power to drain the power of others while paying the same cost.

23. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

24. Lon

Lon Well worn.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

25. Kelenas

Kelenas Experienced.

Not really. The aspect of an Essence Mote is generally determined by its source, but in the vast majority of cases it doesn't really matter that much. The only exception I can think of would be Dragon-Blooded, where using a Charm of an Element other than the users' means paying a surcharge, or in case of some Element-aspected Martial Arts.

26. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I don't think that logic works. Why would God make their powers work better?

27. Alexander

In what way they work better?

28. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I must've misread something. That'll teach me to use my brain for anything right after I wake up. ???

Least Devotee likes this.
  29. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Well, if that theory is right, Ddraig couldn't actually get more power through the boost, but only used more of his own powers in something like a Limit breaker. The boosted gear on the other Hand multiplies what is already there, making it possible for someone that has used up 90% of his energy to go up to 500% so Long as the Body is strong enough to hold it.

Divine Dividing is actually pretty much the same from the theory as far as I can see and wasn't changed. Though the original Dragon may not have had the safety measure of expelling extra energy easily when necessary.

Both also have the ability to double/halve items and aspects to a degree from what I get. Not sure whether that was modified by the god of the bible in this theory too, or if it was an ability they already had.

30. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

In canon when Rias and Asia turned into loli, Issei, Akeno along with Azazel went on a small adventure to gather material in order to brew the antidote, when Azazel asked Issei if he had only one bottle and could only save one, who would he save? Issei then answered that he would use Boosted Gear and double the potion to save both of them, Azazel then laughed but not disagree with it, implying Boosted Gear can actually double thing like how Divine Dividing was able to cut objects into half.