1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. darklord

darklord Versed in the lewd.

2. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

3. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

4. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Power and energy are treated differently in DxD. Don't forget that even if Issei has enough time to Boost all the way, he needs to spend stamina. So it's possible that Ddraig could acquire more power (read: Strength, Speed, Defense and Magic) than normal by breaking his limits, but the process (while stopping before the force is too much for the body to handle) consume a lot of stamina. Like, concentrating all the fatigue accumulated after running for five hours into a few seconds. With Boosted Gear it's a gradual process unless in Balance Breaker. Another proof is Juggernaut Drive: the first time Issei used it, he used [Divide] to defend against a single attack, while he uses [Boost] to power up [Longinus Smasher].

It is thus my belief that Ddraig's original use of his ability was to power up a single attack, allowing it to increase its damage. The all-general power-up that Issei uses at the start must be weaker overall and cost more stamina.
    Uhm...you mean increase the volume, or create a copy of the object?

Damn. I don't know why, but this gave me the idea of a Jojo/DxD crossover, where Issei got hit by the Arrow at a young age, causing Boosted Gear to become a Stand, with all its abilities.

5. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

6. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

Since the potion was in liquid form I think increasing the volume, not the making a copy out of it.

7. Gnarker

Gnarker Versed in the lewd.

Or perhaps just increase the potency, so that the same volume equals double the dosage.

[6]

Is there in fact any reason to vote for a given roll, or are results completely random and more-or-less equivalent?

8. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

Tries to roll.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

9. staplesdex2

staplesdex2 Status: CLASSIFIED

My roll.
    [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

10. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

1d6 so far:

[X] 1d6: 3. kinglugia, korat56, Lon, darklord.

[X] 1d6: 4. Introspective Tinkerer, ZipLopz, BFldyq, touhou ranfuku, megrisvernin, EternitynChaos, Walkir, MHLord, Least Devotee.

[X] 1d6: 5. Diller.

[X] 1d6: 6. Unelemental, Silver W. King, Gnarker, staplesdex2.

11. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

12. HypoSoc

HypoSoc The mind is such a fragile plaything.

13. kaciw

kaciw Getting sticky.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

14. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

15. kaciw

kaciw Getting sticky.

16. Threadmarks: Ryozanpaku - Part 6
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

"Uhm..." You consult the list you wrote. "This should be all."

It took more time than you expected since you're not familiar with the area, but you now have all the necessary to stay a few days away from home: clothes, pajamas, toothbrush, tooth paste and other minor items.

"Yes." You clench your fist. 'The next days are gonna be awesome.'

[I fail to see how.] By the lazy tone in Ddraig's voice you can picture him rolling on the ground like a big, fat cat. [There isn't anyone worth fighting. And I saw those guys' television: with that you're lucky if you can see a single channel, with colors. Aaah, I want to see the next episode of Sengoku Basara...]

That's right: after you started showing various anime to Ddraig he took a liking to them. It's favorite at the moment is, as he said, Sengoku Basara.

'Don't worry, I told Mittelt to register it. Don't you see? I will be living with the some of the world's best martial artists. I can get special training and maybe learn some special technique!'

{I strongly doubt they can teach you anything worthwhile. They're just mortals.}

'Don't say that. This world doesn't have Exaltation, but is still staying strong thanks to humanity's endless ingenuity. Plus every bit of help counts.'

She scoffs. {I am still not convinced. If you want to learn more Martial Arts so badly I have some scrolls here.}

'Like?'

{More about Solar Hero Style. I also have notes about a style invented by an Exalt that liked to explore the Wyld with me. She called it Dragon Transcendent Speed Style-}

"My cat!"

"Hold on! Here, kitty kitty ki-don't go there!"

A sudden commotion distracts you from Bright's explanation. You can hear a panicked voice and a child crying.

Your feet are already moving before you even begin considering what to do. As if the answer couldn't be more obvious.

What you find is a girl, about 8-10 years old, crying her eyes out. Above her, standing in precarious equilibrium on a roof's eave is a little kitten. Considering there is a recently broken pipe lying nearby, it isn't a stretch of imagination to conclude that the cat must have used the pipe to climb up to the roof, only to be trapped there when the pipe broke.

"Urgh! Come on, I can do it!

[img width=600 height=450]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l60/Keisuke0/Shijou%20Saikyou%20no%20Deshi%20Kenichi/Kisara/KisaraFight.jpg[/img]

A girl with a red shirt and a cap is already helping the girl, trying to jump up to the kitten. But you can't see it's futile: the wall is roughly eight meters tall, and there is not a single hold on its smooth surface.

[] Write-in.

17. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

[X] Ask the two if they need any help.
    - [X] If need be use some of our less obvious charms.

18. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

19. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

As if there was ever any doubt
    [X] Activate Monkey Leap Technique and Soaring Whirlwind Sprint from Personal Essence, channel Compassion if a roll is required
    -[X] It's not even something that requires a thought on your part, as essence flows through you and your bags hit the ground just as your feet leave it in a burst of speed, you bounce off on wall and scope the kitten up, keeping it calm with ease as you safely return yourself and your cargo to the ground in front of the little girl.

20. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

21. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Activate Monkey Leap Technique and Soaring Whirlwind Sprint from Personal Essence, channel Compassion if a roll is required
    -[X] It's not even something that requires a thought on your part, as essence flows through you and your bags hit the ground just as your feet leave it in a burst of speed, you bounce off on wall and scope the kitten up, keeping it calm with ease as you safely return yourself and your cargo to the ground in front of the little girl.

I don't think any of our less obvious charms can deal with this.

22. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Wait. Alleyway. Can't we just ping-pong up the walls? Ridiculous skill rather than outright bullshit.

23. EternitynChaos

Ya, plus Monkey Leap and SWS can be explained as Martial Arts BS ^^ which is why I pulled them out in my write in, plus I'm having trouble seeing Issei stoping to ask if they need help, they obviously do, plus its a little girl and a girl near his age, both upset by a kitten in danger, us not leaping into action is so out of character its amazing you people are even thinking of it really o_O

Also I did have him bounce off the wall, but there is only so much wall to get up and this is Issei

24. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

[X] Gathering yourself, you gently place your bags on the sidewalk. No need to do something obviously supernatural when mundane skill can accomplish the same thing. Rushing forwards, you kick off the alley wall, bouncing to the other side and back, using the steep brick as a stairway to the rooftops. Once their, you grab the kitten, and retrace your steps, handing the small animal back to the child with a flourish.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  25. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Why SWS? We don't need speed for this, just altitude. Doing it with superspeed makes it more blatantly supernatural.

26. Mignonette

Mignonette Not too sore, are you?

27. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Hum.

she sounds like a tough girl and a pround one. Maybe we should offer assistance to feel her out? She might be the type to take offense if you just show her up with leet acrobatics.

though that may be wrong genre savvy.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  28. EternitynChaos

From SWS

Its not just a superspeed dodge, its also using the wind to move you around, and as I said, Martial Arts BS

29. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] offer to help the older girl reach the cat
    -[X] if she accepts put one arm around her waist while she hold on your shoulders before you use monkey leap and jump up a part of the way before boosting her up to the rooftop. we'll leap up and catch her on the way down.

30. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?