1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

This won I think. Update coming.

And with that I hope to put an end to the waifu war *shudder at the mere mention of it*

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

yup that won also changed my vote to winning vote since it seems i forgot to add the last part.

3. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

This is a surprise why? I have pointed out that that is very bad double standard.
    That about covers it. His opinion is as long as the girls he likes get screen time it doesn't matter that girls other people like that he doesn't don't. Also it's not a valid position considering that it means he treating it like his opinion alone matters. Also it's hilariously bad double standard considering he get's upset when someone calls him out on it. I mean from how I see it it means he's thinking that it's fine if a girls he likes get screen time even through I don't like her while if a girl I like get's screen time that he doesn't it's wrong. And he as far as I can tell see's nothing wrong with that at all. Thankfully he doesn't seem to have that point of view anymore or if he never did and I was reading way to much into what he was saying.

4. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

deleted post.

5. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Except he's just giving his opinion and arguing why he feels this a waste for us. Which the main point is that it means less screen time for girls he likes. Its just that his opinion he's not forcing anyone to vote a certain way but trying to convince them to join. His side. Just like any other time there is an opposing plan and people try to argue why they feel their option is more valid.

He might come off as a bit rude and aggressive but he makes a fair point. That doesn't mean we have to agree with him. I mean a few of the girls he doesn't like I want in the harem.

But seriously Alex wants us to stop the Waifu wars.

6. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

I added a edit that didn't get added before cause my internet decided to crap out on me. He doesn't seem to have that view anymore or at least isn't being vocal about it. Also I disagree about it being a fair point. If I were to say the same thing to him about a girl he doesn't I bet you he would get upset about it.

7. Diller

Sigh. I'm not about to restart the circle. Alex please update soon so we can have something else to talk about.

8. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Prior to this I wasn't thinking much about having too many girls in the harem. It wasn't really an issue when the harem hadn't been formed yet and we were only dealing with a handful of characters outside the occult research club. Also, Aika got introduced in a manner that made me curious about how Alex was developing her character while Kisara and Shigure and so on show no such promise any more than Berserker did.

The solution to this is to convince everyone else to help me smother you with votes against whatever it was you wanted, not to get mad about it.

9. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Oh for fuck's sake, can you two take it elsewhere?

10. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

Fight! Fight! Kiss! Kiss!

11. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

That's it.
    Please take your flirting to another room, you guys, or else...
    [​IMG]
    Rekindling the ashes of waifu wars is explicitly forbidden~

12. Threadmarks: Ryozanpaku - Part 8
    Alexander

You give her a deadpan look. "That's the same thing."

"No it's not! It's a bet!"

You sigh before a line from an anime jumps at the forefront of your mind and you smirk.

"You can't get something without offering something of equal value in exchange." You raise a finger, and suddenly she is the one with a confused expression. "I accept your challenge, but if you lose, you will not bother me with offers of joining Ragnarok ever again... Also, you won't tell your bosses that you saw me."

"Ah! Why not?" She smirks. "There is no way I am losing anyway."

"Confident. I like that." You put down your bags, step to the other side a little and assume a stance. "Shall we?"

"Here I co-"

[ATTENTION, ATTENTION!] A car passes near, a speaker on the top releasing a commercial announcement. [TODAY AT THE LOCAL ZOO IS 'CAT'S DAY'!] Kisara stiffens. [CATS OF ALL RACES AND AGES WILL BE AVAILABLE TO INTERACTION WITH THE PUBLIC. ONLY FOR TODAY! FREE TICKETS FOR THE FIRST 100 VISITORS! HURRY UP BEFORE THEY END!]

Beads of sweat starts appearing on Kisara's face. Honestly, she looks like someone caught in a big moral dilemma. "...Shall we?" You try again, unsure about what is going on.

"Ah..."

[ALL THE KITTENS YOU CAN HUG! ONLY FOR TODAY!]

"Nyaaa!" She goes stiff like a statue before waving her hand with an embarrassed, and beet red, face. "Oh no! I suddenly remembered that I promised my dear, dear grandmother I would help her today with the shopping! I would love to continue our fight, but I can't leave my dear, dear grandmother who can't walk very well to drag around horribly heavy bags without help, can I? Can I" She stresses the last words, and you can't help but dumbly nod. "Let's postpone the match, okay?"

"...Yes?"

"Perfect! Bye!" And with that she bolts out of the alley, running so fast that she leaves a cloud of dust in her wake.

"..." You stare at her disappearing figure.

[What...just happened?]

"I...have no idea." You wrack your head searching for a possible explanation, only to come up with blanks. "Maybe it's that time of the month for her?"

----

What awaits you at your return is an almost unusual scene.

The Elder dozing off on a massage chair? Curious but understandable.

Kenichi powering said machine by running on a tapis roulant, ropes binding his limbs on the back of the massage chair? Less so.

(link)

"Interesting contraption." You comment.

"It's one of my hobbies." Koetsuji-san says with pride. "I'm in charge of Ken-kun's physical training-What's the matter? The speed has dropped!" He chastises Kenichi by whipping his butt.

"HIIIIIIIAAAA!! If you want me to speed up, it'd be nice if you could reduce the weights!!"

"If I reduce the weights then we wouldn't be training your [Soutenshu]." Koetsuji-san gleefully chuckles. "Kensei asked me to have you do this 10,000 times today."

"10'000 IT'S TOO MUCH!!"

"Is it?" You ask aloud. "It's been awhile since I did anything less than that."

"See Kenichi? Take example from your sempai." He turns to look at you. "You must have dedicated teachers Hyodo-kun."

"Yee..aah, I suppose you can call them that." You rolls your eyes. "One doesn't know how to hold back, another is a former hooligan and the last one is too damn enthusiastic with his job...Now that I think about it you and him are similar Koetsuji-san. He too uses machines he built himself to train me." Even if they're honest-to-god ninja Sith robots.

"Oh? Sounds like an interesting person. I would like to meet him."

"He is away for work at the moment, but I would gladly arrange a meeting if you want."

That's when a big guy in monk's robes lands unconscious on Kenichi, destroying Koetsuji-san's machine.

"...Need help?"

"That would be appreciated, yes."

----

"So, what does Ryonzanpaku teach?" You ask the Elder while eating Anmitsu made by Miu-san. "I saw Kenichi practicing Karate, Ju-Jitsu and also Kempo."

"Each Master has his or her own specialty." Furinji-san explains while eating his granddaughter's dessert with gusto. "For Akisame Jujitsu, for Shio is Karate, for Kensei is Kempo, for Apachai is Muay Thai while Shigure has her own Kosaka style, who is said to have mastery above all manners of weapons."

"And you Elder?"

"Me?" He laughs boastfully. "In my youth I was a little too temperamental to learn, so I developed my own style! Since I never lost a battle they used to call me the [Invincible Superman]!"

'Prideful much?' "So Kenichi is learning all that?" You ask, impressed by your junior's determination and fervor.

"Beside mine and Shigure's styles. The first because it's a family secret, and the second...well, truth be told Ken-chan is terrified of weapons."

"Eh? How so?"

"You don't think weapons are scary?" He raises an eyebrow.

"If I were to be scared, it would be of the one holding the weapon." You shake your head. "One of my friends is an accomplished swordsman, I learned a lot from him." You tap your chin. "And it was me who asked him to go as hard as he could on me. So...I can't really complain?"

"Ahahahaha!" The Elder laughs even harder. "I wish Ken-chan would have even a quarter of your spirit Hyodo-kun! Say..." He grins. "While you're here, would you like to learn together with Kenichi?"

On the other side of the room Shigure's head appears upside down from the hole left by a removed ceiling's panel.

"Sure! Personally I am interested in-"

[] Karate
    [] Kempo
    [] Jujitsu
    [] Muay Thai
    [] Weapons
    [] Write-in

13. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

[X] Actually I want to teach him some things as is my duty as his sempai, if that is okay Elder?

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  14. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

[X] Jujitsu
    -[X] Give Koneko a call and see if she's interested in formal lessons.

[X] Weapons
    -[X] "I would like to continue helping Shigure-san with her weapons research, and I don't mind spending my time sparring with a weapons master."
    -[X] Give Koneko and Shougo a call and see if their interested in formal lessons.

Jujitsu is most similar to Crane style, which is pretty excellent as CMAs go. It's not a sure thing that one leads into the other or gives us bonuses for learning or whatever, but it couldn't hurt to try it out.

I spoke about Koneko with Alex in PMs. While she might have a dojo that she's learning from already she also might be self-taught. We should ask either way -- the worst that happens is she says no but recognizes that we're thinking about her.

Prince Charon likes this.
  15. Disminded

Disminded Versed in the lewd.

[X] Weapons

We have too long neglected the sharp 'n pointys.

Either this, or just straight sparring, because I want to see how we stack up against the masters.

16. HypoSoc

HypoSoc The mind is such a fragile plaything.

[X] Everything
    - [X] Why limit yourself to one? You are EXALTED, and breaking your own limits is a daily occurrence.

[X] Weapons
    -[X] "I would like to continue helping Shigure-san with her weapons research, and I don't mind spending my time sparring with a weapons master."
    -[X] Give Koneko and Shougo a call and see if they're interested in formal lessons.

17. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

[X] Jujitsu.
    -[X] Give Koneko a call and see if she's interested in formal lessons.

[X] Weapons

18. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Is there a reason to invest in weapon skills when we already have the most powerful weapon we'll ever possess bolted to our fists?

19. Unelemental

Unelemental Not too sore, are you?

Thanks for the snip~nya!
    [X] Weapons
    Duh.
    We have a legitimate excuse to spend time with a beautiful woman.
    Straining ourselves, getting sweaty, using long, hard sticks...
    ...I mean, weapons are the best! Weapons, ho! :D

20. touhou ranfuku

We train with Shigure to learn how to counter supernatural weapons users in the future.

21. Diller

Hmm we did say we wanted to look into actually learning how to use lightsaber as an actual weapon. Plus if we get Asaclon like in canon then I'd like to be able to use it as a sword. Plus it could help us with teaching Ruby and Miltet TMA for their weapons. I would also like to see how our skills compare to the masters.

Well depending on how long we stay there it might be best to focus on one or two thing to get the most out of our time.

Hey Alex how long are we going to be here?

22. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

That's a fair point.

Also can we bolt the Koneko vote on to every option? It doesn't actually matter what style we learn as long as we let Koneko know what's going on, so it's not contradicting anyone's vote to do so.

23. Tetsurō

Tetsurō Communist Penguin

[X] Everything
    - [X] Why limit yourself to one? You are EXALTED, and breaking your own limits is a daily occurrence.

24. Diller

That'll come in real handy with the hero faction. Especially with Siegfried ad Gram which happens to be a dragon slayer and we're weak to dragon slayers.

25. Alexander

A few days, so...3-4 days.

Also, I would like your input about how to translate Martial Arts to this quest's (Exalted) system. I think it was Eternity that suggested using the World of Darkness system. Examples are:

http://wodindex.wikispaces.com/Merits-Styles
    http://aelfhame.net/~weaver/WoD-MA.html
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/106048737/The-World-of-Darkness-Martial-Arts

26. Diller

So not that long.

[X] Weapons
    -[X] Give Koneko and Shougo a call and see if their interested in formal lessons.
    --[X] Pay the required fee even if it's expensive, we can afford it after all
    Berserker could benefit greatly from this as well. After all Ogata who becomes his master in canon learned from Ryozanpaku.

27. touhou ranfuku

I'm more into Ruler if we manage to convince Arthur after Vali success in capturing Fenrir, though Ascalon is not bad, honestly I want Kiba to keep Gram like canon.

So, 3-4 days huh? We should have a friendly spar with Miu and every masters at the end of our staying while maximum our time in sparring with Shigure, some bromance with Kenichi is fine, too.

28. staplesdex2

staplesdex2 Status: CLASSIFIED

[X] Everything

29. Diller

I want Kiba to get Gram too.He'll need the power bossy by then. I just was saying that knowing how to deal with weapon users against such a skilled swordsman with such a strong sword like Sieg is a good idea.

If we get Xenovia to join us then we should go full stream with Ex-Durandal. though we need to make her learn to use it efficiently. I know the girl likes being straightforward in fights but technique coupled with power is always better then just technique or power alone. Plus it's not like we can't borrow it every now and then.

I like that last bit. Some spars to finish our trip off sounds good.

30. Mignonette

Mignonette Not too sore, are you?

[X] Weapons