1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Flickering Embers [MTG/ZnT] Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Happerry, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

I also said earlier that attempts to break the game in a manner that wouldn't be fun will result in me beating the person attempting that over the head with a Heavy blunt object. Attempting to rule lawyer into infinite time hack does not make the game fun.

2. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

Please forgive my Onii-chan, it's just something he always kinda does >v<;

3. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[​IMG]
    There was the sensation of a spell, you can FEEL it... crimson and fiery, more... it would you give you more time. You knew this...

The cost was high... all of the willpower you could channel if you didn't allow it to feel upon itself. But the power to play with time, it would give you more time to DO things...

And so... you declare <<FINAL FORTUNE>>.

And thee was more time for you do things...

But why was there another you there... and a flare of BRILLIANCE, WHITE and CRIMSON, UNRELENTING HEAT...

You knew no more.

- - -
    BAD END OMAKE

And this is why some cards you just do NOT fuck around with. Cards that say, you lose the game means you LOSE

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  4. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

Again; you can cast Stifle and counter the 'You lose the game' trigger. Hence; one free turn at instant speed w/o consequence. Though since the GM doesn't want us to break the game (yet), I'll find something else.

5. Biigoh

At this point, we do NOT have certain silly scepters, we ALSO are restricted to 2 any color mana and 1 red, I believe... use of mana manipulation turns it into 1 any color, and 2 red to start before you can do mana loop.

So, your suggestion to "try out" new cards? Deadly consequences.

6. minuseven

minuseven low effort life

I think [Final Fortune] would kill you even if you used [Stiffle]. This is not a card game after all. >:D

7. EnderofWorlds

Stifle=1 Blue Mana
    Final Fortune=2 Red Mana

Still not seeing the point; all the scepter does is let you do it over and over again.

Anyways; since it's too early to break the game my new choices are:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Ardion Prosili

Ardion Prosili Lover of Horned Women

It so is; its not Louise's fault that she hasn't gone meta enough.

9. Happerry

Ahem.

And after consideration, Banefire is now locked in as the Red choice. Unless someone gives me a better blue idea before I get done updating Lilith Game, I'll Flip a dice to choose between Gigadrowse and Clairvoyance.

10. EnderofWorlds

Umm...Banefire is a sorcery; and we're supposed to pick instants, right? Or did I miss a memo somewhere...

11. Happerry

<<
    >>
    Drat, someone noticed. Fine, all you get is Leap of Flame.

12. minuseven

Leap of Flame is awesome. Can we use it on ourselves? Oh wait we can.
    :D

13. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Leap of Flame looks really fun! :3 Torn between those two Blue options, though; making people drowsy is a handy spell to have, but... knowing stuff...!

14. EnderofWorlds

No I'm fine with Banefire; it's just that if we were allowed to pick sorceries as well I would've thought of a different spell for my Blue pick.

15. Ardion Prosili

Ardion Prosili Lover of Horned Women

This is the price for not going with Nanomachines as your solution. :p

16. Happerry

Honestly I'd somehow got the impression that Banefire was an instant.

17. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

Parallel reality where the show was a BL harem anime?

You mean it isn't?

18. FurikoMaru

Certainly not! Quatre only had Duo and Trowa - two guys do not constitute a harem.

Although I guess you could make a case for Rishid and the other Manguanacs. But I tend to see them more like Quatre's heavily-armoured fanclub.

And I think I'll stop here, because I'm getting High School AU flashbacks. @_@

19. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

if you are still open for something, how about the classicla brainstomr for the zero? Gaining new knowledge by overworking your brain and then forgetting something that you already know..

20. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

[X] Lightning Bolt
    [X] Vapor Snag

Seriously people, why are we not learning Lightning Bolt?

21. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Lightning Bolt
    [X] Vapor Snag

I like that this would make identifying our element even more confusing. We summoned a giant firestorm, then our two new spells are a lightning bolt which is a high level wind spell and a water based spell.

22. krahe

krahe Versed in the lewd.

[x] The complexity and power of her spells (Sorceries)
    [x] Black, Ambitious and Determined, Malice and Curses
    [x] Kirche, that Zerbst, seems to be poking around for some reason.. as does that blue haired friend of hers.

23. Happerry

Mastered Pyretic Ritual, Leap of Flame, Clairvoyance
    Gained: Red Magic at Rank B, Blue Magic at Rank B, White Magic at Rank D, Green Magic at Rank D, Black Magic at Rank C. Gain Instants at Rank B. Gain Sorcery at Rank C. Gain Enchantments at Rank D.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so it is, that after waiting one panic filled night to see if she had gotten caught and or was otherwise being blamed for the nice new hole seared through the acadamy, Louise finds herself with.. a bit to much spare time.

Time that she decides to spend mastering her new magic! A mastery that, somewhat to her depression, seems most suited for.. well, making things explode. Just that now they explode with fire. Of course, further experiments leads onwards to other, more naunced abilities. Like making things explode by hitting them with lightning bolts. Or setting things on fire without any need to wait for them to hit them with something. Or, of much use, speeding herself up.

Though, really, weren't lightning bolts supposed to be air magic? I mean, so does every text she has that mentions it claim.. But, well, Louise aren't an air mage, is she?

...Is she? Louise decides that this needs.. testing.

And it is thus that she finds herself looking over a gorge near the school, trying to call up some air magic. At it's base, it seems to be going ok.. She can effect the air currents with.. some effect, but it feels like she is.. missing something. Some fundamental misunderstanding.. And why can she swear she can smell the sea salt from that one family trip to the sea when she was a child? Why can she feel the island in her mind?.. Though, come to think of it, she often thinks of the mountains near her home when she presses herself with her new.. fire magic?.. But..

And so it is that Louise makes a determined attempt to not think of an island while she is doing 'Air' magic.. and find that it weakens her. Considerably. And the same goes for her memories of the mountains when she casts fire magic.

....This is.. Well, she can't say what this is for sure.. but Louise has to admit to herself.. This isn't looking like the traditional kind of magic. This is some sort of strange.. land magic, maybe?

And it is thus that she makes a choice.. to call up the power of 'island magic'.. and let it flow out her wand without further guidance. To truly figure out what kind of magic it is.

And so it is that the first pulse of magic is released.. and to her frustration, seems to do nothing. The second.. is of much more success, releasing a storm of winds of the like she could not call earlier.. knocking every creature in the gorge head over heals. But.. why could she not cause the winds to do that earlier, when she was trying to move them?.. Come to think of it.. it felt almost as if she was trying to use mountain energy when she was trying to force them to mov--

It is then that the gathering tide of blue mana unleashed by her first attempt breaks upon her. She, for the first time in her life, SEES the lands. She SEES the forest around her, full of life. The Mountains of the Border, Burning with Power. The Islands in the Seas, Flowing with Secrets, The Plains around the Capital, glowing with order... and the Swamps that she Fears. Calling her as something deep within seems to resonate for a moment.. The corruption. The ambition. The Sacrifices. She sees them all.

And then the moment breaks, and only bits of that knowledge, shadows of a past that never was, remains.

And Louise Knows the land around her, can feel the forest, knows where the academy is as if she had a compass in head, knows where that mountain on the border she dreams of. She can feel it now, the tides of mana.

And then she sees the sun and understands that she is late. And with knowledge comes action, and Louise, still high on the flood of understanding, acts, motion and spell as one before her will... And then jumps, leaps, darts forwards with wings of flame.

For you see, with the abundant amount of free time the second year students have found themselves with.. well, they seem to be getting in trouble, as hard as that may seem to believe. It's as if leaving magically active teenagers with nothing to do all day is some sort of risky thing!

And so it is that they are.. well, conscripted, to aid the medical staff of the academy hospice in there duties. Or at least anyone who didn't run away fast enough, have an excuse with enough backing, or managed to avoid actually getting in trouble.

Louise admits that, perhaps, just perhaps, showing off her new magic by throwing a fireball at Kirche maaaaay not have been in the best judgement after all. Even if she was being insulting. And the look on her face can still give Louise the giggles. At the very least, she should have done so where none of the staff could see her do it.

But, anyway! Enough on minor and inconsequential actions that happened in the past and shouldn't count against one anyway. She's Late!

And so it is that Louise charges through the trees at a speed few would imagine that a young maiden like her could reach, especially when she's forsaken the ground in exchange for leaping from treetrunk to treetrunk like some demented squirrel.

Still, it is a very fast way of moving-Oops. you just knocked over a poor maid. Looks like she was sent to go pick up some medical herbs.. Um. Well, you were going fast enough that she probably didn't see your face.. And, hum, she looked famalier. Wasn't she that maid that you blew over when you, um, accidentally melted through a few academy walls when you may have accidentally put down a spirit that some small minded people may suggest that you summoned, in some sort of heretic manner?

....Oops? And come to think of it, she felt funny when you knocked her over.. almost as if she was.. charged? Warm? Something. Anyway, think of it later. Louise decides in an instant of repression, she needs to get moving before she's late-And suddenly Louise is really thinking on just how she is moving, rapidly recasting the same spell as it gives out to leap from tree to tree like some sort of barbarian monkey champion.. and smacks head first into a tree as her forbrain suddenly interferes with her hindbrain.

Ouch. Well, there goes hope of being on time...

----Timeflash----​

Well, it could be worse punishment duty, Louise admits to herself later. Very quietly and to herself, but she admits it. Feeding the familiars of the students who hadn't woken up yet was.. well, it could be a lot more hassle then it really was, yes? And she could have far worse company then Montmorency of the Montmorencies.

..Of course, there was one small downside to her new workmate, which was Guiche. To be precise, Guiche when he decides to show up to impress Montmorency. Louise had honestly never really seen so many attempts to do something impressive fail so dramatically before, much less always end up with the doer of said attempted deeds always getting covered in tree sap.

Still, the two of them.. well, now that she can actually do magic, (However strange it is, and however much she is currently concealing how strange it can be...) Honestly Louise must admit they've kinda become.. well, friends. Or at least acquaintances with whom she gets along with more then random people, but still, that's close enough, right?

And that is how they find themselves returning to the academy late one night, after an evening of Montmorency picking alchemical ingredients, Guiche trying to get a date out of helping her, and you, watching, laughing, and practicing controlling what you set on fire.

Indeed, it is of great surprise to all of you when a giant golem bursts its way out of the Academy vault, at least four stories tall and crafted of stone, solid and strong.

And, as a rapid, panic gripped, glance around shows, no one else seems to be about. Which is, as a portion of Louise's mind trying to ignore the giant golem notes, rather strange.

Of more pressing concern though, is how the three of you seem to be between said golem and the forest beyond.

[ ] What should Louise do?

24. Biigoh

[X] Plan Bane FIRE! FULL POWER MAXIMUM DESTRUCTION!
    - - [X] Pyretic Ritual + Seething Song to gather mana!
    - - - - [X] Reverberate x ? to BUILD that mana into something fierce
    - - - - - - [X] FLY and....
    - - - - - - [X] BANE FIRE (just enough dmg to destroy a golem)
    - - - - - - [X] keep the mana ready to BURN some more!
    - - - - - - - - [X] Earn a NEW runic name; Louise The Overwhelming Inferno

25. Scope

Scope Versed in the lewd.

[X] Biigoh.

26. FurikoMaru

Hmm, doesn't flow well in French. Louise l'Incendie (the Conflagration)? Louise la Dévorante (the All-Consuming) has a nice versatility to it, and it ties back into both the Void and the Zero.

27. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

[X] BIIIIIGOOOOOH!!!

Louise la Sinistre Étincelle (the Sinister Spark. Ties in with void and black magic).
    Louise le Brasier (the Blaze/Brazier? Not sure of the translation).
    Louise l'Infernal Brasier (... well... She sure has an hellish temper).

I like Louise la Dévorante.

Happerry likes this.
  28. FurikoMaru

I think it makes a nice matched-set with her foil 'the Ardent'. :D

29. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

Louise le brasier incandescent.
    Louise la fournaise solaire.

30. minuseven

Le Braiser Infernal
    french adjectives do not work like english adjectives most of the time

besides, you can always have

Louise, la Conflagration
    since Conflagration is a feminine noun it works perfectly.

EDIT: Oh God, people mangling the french language....