1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

No, grind the shrub into paste while the Masters lay on the hurt, throwing it away means it can act again. While its Clinched the only thing it can do is try to take control of the clinch and only then when its our turn *basicly the clinch is just two people acting at the same time* the one in control lays down the hurt, the other one can't do anything, not even defend, and without Dragon Coil Technique even if you are in control you don't get a DV from what I understand, you are to busy with the writhing individual you are trying to crush the life out of /shrug but anyways, it is about time for me to crash again, also amusing bonus, Fist of the Daystar Form, that double successes for damage ability it has, that counts for Clinchs as well ^^ which is just another reason to keep the pain on /laugh

2. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

I see there is a plan, but not Stunt? Are you sure?

P.S.: if you buy another Charm in dept now, don't expect to be able to do it again anytime soon. Call it a cool-down measure ;p

3. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

i'm not sure think the holidays tired us out lol
    though that didn't let us from abusing the exp debt system lol XD

Can't think of a decent stunt right now going to listen to some music to see if i can come up with something muse permitting. if someone comes up with one before me i will definitely vote for it :(

ah to hell with it

[X] stunt

Normally you would be freaking out about getting eaten but the anger of honoka getting kidnapped combined with this freaky plant thing bragging about eating people and the panic from boosted gear not working has set your mind into overdrive focusing on completely obliterating this thing. A small part of you wonders if you inherited a dragons adrenaline response at attacking anything that wrongs them? It doesn't matter now as you use the leverage the plant thing has graciously given you by being overeager to try and eat you.

"Hey you overgrown weed I think your confused on who's got who!" You pull with all your augmented might and it thrashes around clearly in pain as it tries to get away.

The masters not missing a beat get in close and start to cut the overgrown weed down to size while it still futile attempts to break out of your grip fail as you tighten even further to deal additional damage.

hows that? not sure what issei would say in this situation but i gave it a try if someone improves on it I'll go with that XD

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  4. Alexander

Only noah's Stunt? Alright: I will have lunch and then I will post.

5. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

[X] noah's stunt expansion

Normally you would be freaking out about getting eaten but the anger of honoka getting kidnapped combined with this freaky plant thing bragging about eating people and the panic from boosted gear not working has set your mind into overdrive focusing on completely obliterating this thing. You narrow your eyes as you feel yet another new charm flow into you and grin. It was perfect for this situation. As you put your hastily made plan into action a small part of you wonders if you inherited a dragons adrenaline response at attacking anything that wrongs them? It doesn't matter now as you use the leverage the plant thing has graciously given you by being overeager to try and eat you.

"Hey you overgrown weed I think your confused on who's got who!" The creature looks at you in confusion and them surprise as you break free of thee clinch and grab the tentacles that had been binding you. You twist them into a knot and pull with your argumented might The Youkai thrashes around clearly in pain as it tries to get away but that only causes you tighten the hold.

It tries to send it's other tentacles at you but you free one hand, reach into your pocket and take out your light saber. A golden blade emits from it ands you start slashing at the tentacles trying to attack with your light saber. A smell akin to burnt flesh permeates the area as the shining golden blade easily slices through all the tentacles trying to attack you and the creature thrashes even harder as the pain of getting it's limb cut off but even with a single hand your grip on him is unbreakable.

You give Akisame and Sakaki a look and masters not missing a beat get in close and start to cut the overgrown weed down to size while it still futilely attempts to break out of your grip fail as you tighten even further and you cut off more of the tentacle it sends to deal additional damage.

Couldn't think of much since just woke up but I did my best to expand the stunt.

6. Threadmarks: Ryozanpaku - Part 15
    Alexander

[X] Debt buy Dragon Coil Technique
    ----

It happens again. Your mind and guts burn at how unnatural what you're doing feel. Blood leaks from your nostrils. But you cannot stop: it doesn't matter what happen to you, the kids are more important!
    Normally you would be freaking out about getting eaten but the anger of Honoka getting kidnapped, combined with this freaky plant thing bragging about eating people and the panic from Boosted Gear not working has set your mind into overdrive focusing on completely obliterating this thing. A small part of you wonders if you inherited a dragons adrenaline response at attacking anything that wrongs them? It doesn't matter now as you use the leverage the plant thing has graciously given you by being overeager to try and eat you.

"Hey you overgrown weed! I think your confused on who's got who! Dragon Coil Technique!" You pull with all your augmented might and force open the secondary maw holding you captive. You twist and abruptly push down, causing the youkai to jolts violently and losing its footing, the enormous bulbous body eating dirt.

"Aaaarrgggh!!"

It thrashes around clearly in pain as it tries to get away, but found each and every of his limbs by translucent golden light shaped like eastern dragons.

"Nice trick brat!"

The masters, not missing a beat, get in close after leaving the kids in a safe place and start to cut the overgrown weed down to size while it still futile attempts to break out of your grip fail as you tighten even further to deal additional damage. Sasaki lets loose a flurry of punches, each one hitting with the force of a sledgehammer, opening a bloody path in the monster body. Akisame on the other hand uses fast finger-strikes to hit precise points of the youkai's hide, leaving behind a web of cracks that Sasaki ruthlessly exploits.

"I think I discovered its weak point." The Jujitsu master says. "It's like a flytrap, so logically the brain should be in the bulbous stem underground!"

"And how we reach it?" Sasaki asks.

"We should-"

"GET OFF ME FUCKERS!!!"

The youkai screams. Feelers emerge from all over its body, shooting out orange and green spheres of pollen and unidentified liquids all around the area. The Masters pull away quickly enough, but you need to end Dragon Coil Technique first so you're half a second late.

"Urgh!" One of the sphere hits your left leg. Clothes and skin starts burning, exposing the muscles below. "Acid?!"
    "YOU FUCKING BASTARDS!! HOW DARE MERE HUMANS DO THIS TO ME!?!?!"

It sounds nearly apoplectic now. The sacks around his body expand: letting loose an unearthly shriek they explodes, each revealing a mass of tentacles with hungry maws at the top.

"God, this guy is fucking nasty."

You agree with Shio.
    [] Write-in.
    ----
    Name: ??
    Species: Plant-like Youkai

Attributes: Strength 10, Dexterity 1, Stamina 10; Charisma ?, Manipulation ?, Appearance ?; Perception ?, Intelligence ?, Wits ?
    Epic Attributes: Epic Strength 3, Epic Stamina 4, ??
    Virtues: ??
    Abilities: Martial Arts 2, ??
    Soak: 14L/20B
    Health Levels: [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X], ??
    Dodge DV: 1
    Essence: 4
    ----

Next post this evening.

7. Diller

Okay we've taken some damage and now it's both pissed and spewing acid at us.

Good thing is that we now know where it's weak spot should buh so now we need to figure out how to get to it.

We should ask Akisame what his idea was while coming up with our own.

8. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

And there we go again with using charms like they were fighting techniques rather than natural extensions on our abilities. :p

Anyways, our opponent has terrible dodge and parry DVs but no apparent regeneration, just lots of soak. With terrible Dexterity it also has terrible accuracy with its acid spit and other ranged attacks. Therefore...

[X] Use Dragon Shot to burn away the tentacles and inflict as much damage as possible while avoiding the creature's ranged attacks. When it's a little safer to approach, clinch-and-heave to pull the monster up by the roots and expose the brain, allowing the masters to attack it.

mrttao likes this.
  9. Alexander

Is there a difference?

10. Diller

Could we feasibly set the entire thing on fire with a fire dragon shot now that it no longer has anyone in it's grasp so it just could be incinerated?

11. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Yeah.

From an in-universe perspective, there is no such thing as Dragon Coil Technique, at least not to the vast majority of Exalts. There are some chosen who sit around naming the various powers that they derive from their charms (martial arts masters are the primary exception, but remember that Fist of the Daystar isn't a martial art for Solars, it's just their natural excellence applied to unarmed combat), but for the most part the names are something that only the players interact with. The average Exalt isn't going to use Dragon Coil Technique and shout the name like a shonen attack because from their perspective all they're doing is clinching and throwing people better than normal. Likewise, whenever we say "we invoke the First Presence Excellency" or what have you from Issei's perspective he's not using a technique, he's just being really really persuasive.

TheWave, Least Devotee and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  12. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Possibly. It's a plant monster so logically it would be at least somewhat more flammable than usual but it also has Epic Stamina 4 and presumably a certain number of knacks we haven't seen yet. I'm concerned that in lighting it on fire we might just turn a tentacle monster into a tentacle monster that is also on fire; if it doesn't die, it would be very difficult to get back into melee range at that point, which severely limits not only our options but also Shio and Akisame's options as well.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  13. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

[X] Smuthunter

Let's kill it already.

14. Diller

True it doesn't kill it then it'll just make things harder on us.

Hmm
    Dragon Shot
    -Air: buffets the target, subtracting two dices from her next action.

Perhaps instead we should use an air dragon shot to screw with its dice?

15. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

[X] Use Dragon Shot to burn away the tentacles and inflict as much damage as possible while avoiding the creature's ranged attacks. When it's a little safer to approach, clinch-and-heave to pull the monster up by the roots and expose the brain, allowing the masters to attack it.

This seems fairly cautious and even somewhat sane. Ah well, a change of pace is nice every now and then...

16. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

Vol 17 Life 3 is completed by the way.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  17. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Can we use the Holy variant instead? You know, incase the fucker manages to escape, so that it'll be incapable of regenerating?
    Osso:
    [X] Smuthunter (with Holy Dragon Shot instead)

18. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Orichalcum Fists of Battle makes our attacks holy already but it doesn't appear to be doing anything. My guess is that youkai don't count as creatures of darkness the way devils do because they aren't enemies of heaven.

19. Diller

[X] Smuthunter(Air Dragon Shot)

This way we can subtract two dice from it's next action and deal damage at the same time.

Seems valid based in what we've seen so far.

20. EternitynChaos

Nice stuff, in more ways then one ^^

And Youkai seems to Evolve as they get older, maybe this one got a hold of a Priest or a Miko and somehow became 'Holy' enough so that it doesn't get damaged by divine attacks?

[X] Smuthunter(Air Dragon Shot)

21. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Is it finally time to use that one Charm that makes anything count as unholy for the purposes of bonus damage?

Solar castigating judgement.

It did just try to eat a bunch of people, I'm pretty sure we can swing Issei condemning/judging it for that, followed by holy-dragon shot.

22. EternitynChaos

...no it dosn't, there is an Add on charm to it that can make someone a creature of darkness if they fail social combat but all Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment does when it comes to combat is for 2 motes make a physical attack Holy, that's it, here is the charm write up

Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment
    Cost: 2m; Mins: Presence 1, Essence 3; Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Holy, Obvious, Social
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: Any Presence Excellency
    Required for Charms: Terrible Sun King Condemnation, Searing After-Image Passion

The Solar ignites her spirit with the Essence of the Unconquered Sun. This Charm can enhance a physical attack. This Charm makes the attack Holy and causes the attack to inflict aggravated damage against creatures of darkness.

This Charm can also enhance social attacks that create guilt, shame or fear, or where the Exalt uses a stunt to draw on these emotions. It makes the attack Holy. This Charm makes creatures of darkness treat the social attack as unnatural mental influence that costs one Willpower to resist. This Charm also halves the creature’s base MDVs against the attack.

This Charm is specifically permitted to enhance rolls based on other Abilities.

the one that turns someone into a Creature of Darkness is Terrible Sun King Condemnation its stats are as follows

Terrible Sun King Condemnation
    Cost: 15m, 1wp; Mins: Presence 5, Essence 4; Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Combo-Basic, Obvious, Holy, Social, Shaping
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment
    Required for Charms: None

As the Chosen of the Unconquered Sun, the Solar Exalted are empowered on behalf of their patron to determine Creation’s true enemies, even if they walk in the guise of the righteous. This Charm may enhance a Presence-based social attack to condemn, castigate or otherwise revile a subject as an enemy of Creation, making that social attack undodgeable. The target may not ignore the Solar’s righteous tirade, but only attempt to counter-argue his own case against the Lawgiver’s judgment. If the attack succeeds, the target has a one-time opportunity to spend two Willpower to resist (or one Willpower if the target is Exalted). Failure to do so bestows upon the target the creature of darkness mutation. The day dims slightly as he is permanently marked as an enemy of Creation.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  23. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

[X] Smuthunter

I think it's time to deal with it the same way everything should be dealt with. WITH FIRE!

24. Diller

Err Smut pointed out that using fire might not be the best idea.

So Fire might not kill him and potentially backfire on us and Holy apparently has no affect. Which is why I keep saying that if we,re using annelemental dragon shot we should use the air dragon shot as it'll subtract two of his dice for his next action.

25. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Still think we should set it on fire.

26. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

[X] Smuthunter

27. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

[X] Smuthunter

28. EternitynChaos

Since no one else has done one yet I'll try to do a stunt for the current vote, and since the only difference is what energy we are throwing at it, well I'll put in something like (energy) when I'm describing it so Alexander can tack in whatever one wins, I'm guessing Smuts vote is the baseline Dragon Wave?
    as in pure unelemental damage?

Stunt 'Your leg burns where the acid stuck moments ago, but that is minor compared to the burning thundering through your veins, you spread your feet, ready to dodge at any moment and steady your stance, dust rises around you in testament to the damage done by all, and even the Church is looking a little worse for ware, maybe its you, but this is the second time you've fought something at a place like this, maybe you're cursed? You cup your hands in front of you (energy) answering the call of your essence and gathering in a tight sphere which you wordlessly let loose towards your foe with steely determination.'

29. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

[X] Smuthunter

30. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

[X] Smuthunter