1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[X] Smuthunter

2. Unelemental

Unelemental Not too sore, are you?

Eh, trying my hand at this stunt.

[X] Smuthunter
    -[X] Stunt: Even as the monster howls it's anger to the skies, your heart fills with determination instead of succumbing to fear. Your friends have been freed, and even if your Boosted Gear has failed, your Exaltation persists, as it should be. The wounded leg seems immaterial compared to your own fury at the monster that attacked you and yours, having fed on countless innocents before this. Exchanging a quick glance with the allied masters, you decide on a plan, and gathering power in your hands, you roar a challenge to the monster. The weed thinks itself your superior. You will disabuse it of the notion.

3. Threadmarks: Ryozanpaku - Part 16
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] Use Dragon Shot to burn away the tentacles and inflict as much damage as possible while avoiding the creature's ranged attacks. When it's a little safer to approach, clinch-and-heave to pull the monster up by the roots and expose the brain, allowing the masters to attack it.
    ----

"I changed my mind! I am going to eat you raw, starting from the limbs and leaving your head for last!!"

"For one who started so smug, he sure lost his marbles pretty fast." Sasaki dodges a blob of acid.

"Most likely its pride was hurt. It doesn't appear to be used to losing." Akisame redirects the path of two tentacles, causing them to tie each other.

You on the other hand are trying to come up with a suitable course of action. Your leg burns where the acid stuck moments ago, but that is minor compared to the burning thundering through your veins. You spread your feet, ready to dodge at any moment and steady your stance: dust rises around you in testament to the damage done by all, and even the Church is looking a little worse for wear. Maybe its you, but this is the second time you've fought something at a place like this. Maybe you're cursed? You cup your hands in front of you, fire answering the call of your essence and gathering in a tight sphere which you wordlessly let loose towards your foe with steely determination.

Dragon Shot hits a mass of tentacles, the vegetable appendices catching fire like dry wood.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! ENOUGH! ENOUGH!"

Raising its remaining tentacles the youkai plunges them into the ground, causing a minor earthquake.

"Scatter!" Akisame commands. You wordlessly obey. "It's trying to hit us from below!"

However the monster's maw once again shows its own version of a demented grin. What the...?

Boom!

The tentacles emerge away from the main body.

Directly around the sleeping kids

"Ken-!"

"No one move! Or I will bite their heads off!"

Sap-dripping teeth hover just a few centimeters away from their neck. You and the Masters, incapable of nothing but glaring with hate at the youkai.

"Now we're talking. Stay still and let me eat you, and maybe I will let them leave."

Not the monster is positively smiling like a crazy loon. However, before you can say anything.

"Monster! Leave Oni-chan and the others alone!"

You blood freezes in your veins. She didn't.

She did.

Honoka is there with the others, restlessly kicking one of the tentacles. There are tears in her eyes and she's obviously afraid, yet she isn't running away.

"Honoka-chan! Run away!" You and the Masters tell her, but she doesn't listen.

"What's this? A runt is trying to be a hero?"

One of the tentacles wraps around her and she's raised from the ground, directly to the main maw's level. "Shut up! It's the duty of little sisters to protect their big brothers!" She has it totally backwards! "Hyoudo-niisan, Sasaki-san and Koetsuji-san are fighting as hard as they can to protect Oni-chan and the others! I can't be the only one to run away!"

In another moment you would have praised her courage. Now you curse it.

"Annoying. Shut up. No, let me shut you up."

The maw opens.

No.

"Honoka-chan!"

No. No. No.

"Aahh.." Honoka trembles.

No no no no no no NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo----!!!

Ba-Dump!

'Eh?'

"NNNOOOOOOO!!!!" Honoka screams.

And then starts to emit green light.

Ba-Dump! Ba-Dump! Ba-Dump!

"WHAT THE-!"

Vines of all size and species erupt from the ground, their blade-like ends piercing through the youkai.

Unbearable pain and heat spread from your chest to your entire body. You fall to your knees.

[Boost!] [Desire!]

The trees in the area elongate and wrap around the monster's body.

[Boost!] [Destruction!]

Honoka falls down, but an enormous flower grows under her and break her fall.

[Boost!] [Determination!]

Liquid fire spreads over your arms.

[Boost!] [Dragon!]

Since when...

[DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!]

Is Boosted Gear back?

[EXPLOSION!]

Time stops. One moment you're standing on your knees.

The next moment you're in front of the youkai, your fist cocked back.

KAAAAAAABOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

----

Elsewhere

"Mmh..?" Honoka opens her bleary eyes, her mind a jumbled mess. "What happened...?"

Her eyelids shot open as the recent memories starts coming back. "Oni-chan! Oni-chan and the others are in danger."

She stands up in a hurry, only to discover she isn't near the church anymore. "A forest?" She says loud, warily eyeing the thick trees and the nearby stream. "Where I am? What happened to Oni-chan and the others?"

"Do not worry Shirahama Honoka." A solemn but gentles voices says. "Your familiars and friends are safe, both in body and mind."

The little girl turns around to see who spoke, and couldn't help but staring.

[​IMG]

"A deer!?" She points. "A talking deer?!"

"I am a stag." The magnificent animal jumps down and approaches Honoka. "My name is Eikþyrnir, the sacred stag that once stood upon Valhalla eating the roots of Yggdrasil. My horns gave birth to the hallowed rivers Síd, Víd, Søkin, Eikin, Svöl, Gunnthrá, Fjörm, Fimbulthul, Gípul, Göpul, Gömul, Geirvimul, Thyn, Vín, Thöll, Höll, Grád, Gunnthráin, Nyt, Nöt, Nönn, Hrönn, Vína, Vegsvinn and Thjódnuma."

"Eeehhh!?" Honoka is thoroughly confused at the multitude of foreigner names.

"I greet you oh Shirahama Honoka, Bearer of my Spirit. I greet you, oh bearer of [Innovate Clear], the [Miniature Garden of the Green Tree of Innovation]."

It lowers its muzzle, its eyes meeting Honoka's.

"We need to talk."
    -----
    ----

Nobody expected that, right? >:D

It wasn't a spur of the moment, I planned this since a long time ago.

Enjoy O:)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  4. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

Heheheheheheh, niiiiiice very very nice ^^; poor Ken-chan, his nice calm life has just gotten so much more exciting... and there's Honoka... with a Sacred Gear o_O lol oh dear that's going to make things interesting /laugh

Also, it looks less like Bright fucked up and more like our Sacred Gears interacted and shorted Boosted Gear out thanks to her modifications /laugh

[X] Allocate bonus points.
    -[X] +3 Defense

5. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

we need to warn that master's that someone is vanishing scared gear users. especially ones as powerful as Honoka

6. Unelemental

That stag... it reminds me of Malorne, Cenarius's daddy. That's... just a coincidence, right?

7. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

A Longius.SHE HAS A FUCKING LONGIUS!!!

Oh shit the Hero Faction are going to all over that.

8. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Well... Shit.

9. Diller

Still there are gong to be hilarious reactions once we tell everyone that we discovered another Longius user. Not even the tea is gonna help Rias calm down.

Also I just remembered that Honoka got quite attached to Natsu after he saved her and we just took Natsu's place.

Plus this is going to be great motivation for Kenichi to get stronger, faster so he can help his little sister.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  10. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

so... what the fuck happened to our boosted gear?

How is it diffrent now than from before?

Briareus the Gardener likes this.
  11. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

So what happened to our sacred gear? Also we are totally giving Kenchi one of our evil peaces as soon as we can make them. Also Honoka gets one too. She's going to need it. Also there is no way we are leaving her on her own. It's not safe.

12. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

I don't think Kenichi has the option of ignoring the supernatural anymore. is sister has a bull's eye on her head and he's too much like Issei for Issei to not tell him, the master's wishes be damned.

we might even have to half cast him if not give him one of the Solar Pieces.

13. Unelemental

By the way, when it captured Honoka? My first thought was:
    [​IMG]
    8)

14. derkan

derkan Experienced.

Honoka do not have a longinius : Longinius are the designation of the 13 most powerful sacred gear, and none of theme deal with plants.

15. EternitynChaos

Damn though, kinda irked we lost our Half-Caste creation charm before we had the time to use it on everyone, hopefully we get it back, because the other option makes the target loose a dot a will power which is kinda bad -_- the other artefact charms I can live without, as we have the important one ^^ but the Apotheosis was number 2 on my list of ones I didn't want to loose ^^; ah well

And yeah she DID get a Longinius, Innovate Clear, also known as the Miniature Garden of the Green Tree of Innovation hasn't been shown in the series yet, but its on the wiki on the page for them

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  16. Diller

Among the total 13 Longinus where the locations are known are the two of them of [Boosted Gear] and [Regulus Nemea] from the Devil’s side. In other words that will be me and Sairaorg-san’s [Pawn], Regulus.

And in the Heaven’s side there is the Joker who is said to be in possession of the second strongest Longinus [Zennith Tempest], and from the Fallen Angel’s side there is the [Canis Lycaon] also known is “Slash Dog” who is under Sensei.

And in the magician’s association—there is the [Absolute Demise] who is within the organisation of Mephisto Pheles who has a good relationship with the Three Great Powers. Among the group of outlaw stray magicians who have distanced themselves from the Three Great Powers and who are seen as threats from many magicians, there is the [Incinerate Anthem].

Besides that there is the [Divine Dividing] that Vali possesses, and there are the three-types of [True Longinus], [Annihilation Maker], and [Dimension Lost] from the Hero-faction of Khaos Brigade. Except, since the Hero-faction has ceased their actions, the whereabouts of those three are unknown. ……What’s creepy is that those three Longinus haven’t reached the stage where it transfers to a new host despite leaving their bodies……

Those are the ones which are currently known. Even so, they say that they have confirmed the ones mentioned recently, so you can tell how hard it is for them to find the whereabouts of the possessors.
    There are three of them where the whereabouts is unknown.—Even the Three Great Powers are having hard time finding the [Sephiroth’s Grail], [Innovate Clear], and [Telos Karma].

……From what I have heard, it seems like Ajuka Beelzebub-sama has found the whereabouts of [Innovate Clear]……but, he’s still investigating for more accurate information.

Highschool dxd volume 14 life 2

It hasn't appeared in canon yet but we do known it's as known as the [Miniature Garden of the Green Tree of Innovation]."

So Alex is taking some creative licsense and making his own version of what he thinks Innovate clear can do.

TheWave, Mizuki_Stone and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  17. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Damn. I suppose that means the Kenichi crossover isn't just a one-arc thing then. :(

18. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

Oh? There's an easy enough way to hand off the problem. Convince Honoka to train her abilities with Azazel. I'm sure he wouldn't mind detailing some Fallen Angels to security duty near her and happily help her develop her ability as long as he could record the results.

With the Fallen Angel teleport ability(instanteous and unlimited range, not difficult for her to spend a weekend or two a month research with him)...

19. Diller

Alex implied we might go to the D of D tournament and we're likely to be involved in the Yami/Reunion battles.After all the committee did send us to Ryozanpaku in order to secure an alliance with them to prepare for that battle. They might ask for our strength in order to put them down. Besides once we kick Odin's ass and his master Ogata learns exactly who we are, they'll be after us anyways.

Alex did say this arc was going to tie into the main story but I never expected this!

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  20. EternitynChaos

Heh, somehow I don't think it will be that easy, plus handing over another Loginus to the Fallen Angels doesn't seem like such a good idea for all he's a cool guy there are still a lot of assholes among his followers, its not like we can't take her with us when we go to train with him after all.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  21. Diller

It's gonna make Heaven real antsy if the Fallen angels get a third Longius, have a cordial relationship with another Longius user(us) and are getting closer to the Devils.

Besides Honoka got attached to Hermit when he saved her in canon from Loki. We just did that and help protect her and her family and friends from the Youkai. I get the feeling she'll be quite attached after this.

Man imagine the reactions if we told everyone the newest member of our group is a Longius user like us,

22. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Sorry, no. Honoka lives in a completely different city from us and she has parents who will object violently to being separated from her for any significant period of time. I am absolutely not going to give my support to any talk of hypnotizing them into letting us take her away either, even with good intentions.

We can't play babysitter for her 24/7, we can't take her home with us, and we can't reasonably expect an eight year old girl to learn how to fight like her life depends on it. We have to pass this off to someone who can protect her.

23. Diller

She's 12-13 years old. Her parents will understand if they learn it's because she's learning how to properly use her powers so she can protect herself and those closest to her.

Plus Eternity said we would take her with us when we go train with Azarael. So instead of her getting picked up by fallen angels when she goes to get training she gets picked up by us. Hell it would probably make those around feel better if they knew we were personally keeping an eye on her. Not that we would train her ourself. We've got too much on our plate to do that and Azarael is the sacred gear expert. He's just saying that just leaving her with the fallen angels who still have some suspect people coughKokabielcough might not be the best idea.

24. EternitynChaos

Err, 8? ??? she's 12-13

Also, Sacred Gear users Don't HAVE normal lives, what happened to Asia is the norm not the exception, so if the choice is between us and the Hero faction or the Fallen Angels I think we would be the better choice, ymmv of course as always

Least Devotee and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  25. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

You know, when I read the bit about the sudden burst of green light, my mind initially went to...other places.

Infernal Places. I nearly had a heart attack, but then read the part about her Sacred Gear....

Holy Shit that scared me...

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  26. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

you do know the hero faction is wondering around here and is associated with yami right? They grab her brainwash her and/or take away her sacred gear if it comes to that. There are very little options that we have leave her with rias, leave her with the fallen angel faction, or take her with us. I doubt the masters are strong enough to deal with cao cao and his faction.

27. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

What the fuck ever. She's too young whatever her age is. And her parents are not going to send her off with some strange boy they don't know so she can learn how to fight monsters in another city under some weirdo with a fetish for the artifact thing she just picked up. No sane parent would ever accept those terms. We can leave her with the masters and be done with it.

28. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

No we can't. Cause they don't know how to train a longerous user. Also it's not as if we want to sleep with her or something. The main issue is that the hero fraction will take her away and brainwasher her to fight for them. I for one don't want that to happen if we can prevent it. Also do any of you know why alex felt the need to nerf us? Also all that Exp we spent on knacks is now wasted.

Least Devotee likes this.
  29. Diller

This. Remember there's a reason that not all of the hero Faction's sacred gear members were brainwashed. They willingly joined because before Cao Cao and the Hero Faction they had miserable lives thanks to the fear and prejudice they received for their sacred gears.

On top of that she has a Longius. A god killer that makes her even mkre special and likely to be involved in the supernatural.

Beside the Hero Faction has Ophis snake which in addition to have some nasty side effects can also force Balance breaker. So if they get their hands on her you know their going to do that to force her to get stronger. The Hero faction already has 3 top tier Longius. We don't need them to get another one.

Also Fallen angels don't have the best reputation for a reason. Azazel's was flat out told he's the least trusted leader out of the 3 great factions.

Raynare killed Ise instead of trying to get him on her side without even figuring out what sacred gear he had first. They killed Asia to get her gear even though she already was on their side. Azazel even told us he had some potential traitors on his side.

Hell it the fallen angels were the ones who created the sacred gear stealing ritual.Which happens to be fatal. All it'll take is for an asshole like Kokabiel to snatch her up and jack her sacred gear. Hell he's about to attempt to start another war between the 3 factions so he'd be real happy to have a Longius on his side. If Honoka refuse to help him, then he'd likely just take her sacred gear.

Besides the people around her would probably feel more secure if they knew we were looking out for her. Kenichi saw us save her from Loki so he'll vouch for us with his parents. We don't have to babysit her 24/7. We don't babysit the other members of our group 24/7 and we don't even train them. Hell most of our group is already getting training from Azazel. Shougo is outright creating his own style. All we'd be doing is that whenever we go train with Azazel we'd use the fallen angel teleport to take a small detour to go pick Honoka up, we go do own training while Azazel helps her and when we're done we go take her home.
    Simp and easy. Again Azael is the sacred gear expert and the masters don't know how to train a Longius user. Azazel trained Vali,Slash dog, and us. He'll know what to do with her.

30. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Can someone tell me why alex decide to nerf us and make so all the exp we had spent on the knacks is now wasted.