1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Justbrowsing

Justbrowsing Not too sore, are you?

Choose who to make a Half-Caste:
    [X] Asia
    [X] Ruby
    [X] Yang

Issei decided to try the Charm "Dragon Steals The Root Method":
    [X] Decide who is included in the group (up to 10 people. Read other requirements)
    -[X] Dexterity, most of our group needs it, well outside of Eiko, after that anything you think would help them most, these are your friends and loved ones after all, anything that can keep them alive is worth doing
    -[X] Mittelt, Asia, Eiko, Ruby, Yang, Shougo
    -[X] Offer Kiba, Rias, Akeno and Koneko the option explain just what you are offering here and the advantages

What is Kiba's dexterity score anyway, what with being a Knight already? Might be we could substitute somebody we had to leave out if he's already up to dex 5.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

like I've said before when people asked with Eiko, if/when the stat can't get any training we will teach them something else, Dex is just what we are getting up first, then we are moving on to other things as suits our student

This isn't like some drill instructor barking orders *that's more Tiger Warrior Training Technique*, this is a group of friends with one just KNOWING exactly where to be at exactly the right time to teach everything he can to everyone there in the fastest possible way.

Also, as said before, Senior Peerage First, the Newbies are unlikely to have the required intimicy for this to work, and even if they do we have lots to teach everyone

Also, the difference between the two is, TWTT is a spotlight that can train a whole nations army of billions of people in a skill in 5 hours a week, while DStRM is a Laser that can teacher a ridiculous amount of stuff in a similar amount of time to 10 people max, its all about focus, if that makes sense to everyone?

3. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

In response to speculations to "Dragon Steals The Root Method". See the original text of Tiger Warrior Training Technique:
    So:
    -No Drill increase, but you can teach each student a different trait
    -"five or more hours of effort in any given week". There are much more hours in a week than five. So each student requires five or more hours to learn, after which he can switch to something else.

Understood?

Rias and Peerage's Sheets (note I will report only the Traits that can be increased by Issei, so no Epic Attributes):

Rias
    Attributes: Strength 2, Dexterity 2, Stamina 2
    Abilities: Martial Arts 0, Melee 0
    Akeno
    Attributes: Strength 2, Dexterity 3, Stamina 3
    Abilities: Martial Arts 0, Melee 0 (+1 Whips)
    Kiba
    Attributes: Strength 2, Dexterity 4, Stamina 2
    Abilities: Martial Arts 0, Melee 1 (+2 Swords)
    Koneko
    Attributes: Strength 2, Dexterity 2, Stamina 3
    Abilities: Martial Arts 1 (+1 Grappling), Melee 0

While for the others, check here.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  4. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

...we've got a loooooot of work to do.

Mittelt - Dexterity -> Martial Arts
    Asia - Dexterity -> Martial Arts
    Ruby - Dexterity -> Martial Arts
    Yang - Dexterity -> Martial Arts
    Eiko - Martial Arts -> Dexterity
    Shogo - Martial Arts -> Dexterity
    Rias - Dexterity -> Martial Arts
    Akeno - Dexterity -> Martial Arts
    Koneko - Martial Arts -> Dexterity
    Kiba - Melee -> Strength

The second value is what we should prioritize once the first value is maxed out. I must admit I'm kind of surprised how unskilled Kiba is in Melee, but it makes sense if he's just relying on his Epic Dexterity. I also reprioritized Koneko because she's the one who actively wants to learn martial arts already so she'll probably be more eager to learn if we boost her Dexterity second.

5. EternitynChaos

we only have Strength 3 and Melee 2, I would think getting Kiba to MA 5 then giving him a TMA that lets him use that MA for swords would be the better plan?

I'd probably do something similar, maybe

Mittelt - Dexterity -> Martial Arts
    Asia - Dexterity -> Martial Arts
    Ruby - Dexterity -> Martial Arts
    Yang - Dexterity -> Martial Arts
    Eiko - Martial Arts -> Dexterity -> Stamina
    Shogo - Martial Arts -> Dexterity
    Rias - Dexterity -> Martial Arts
    Akeno - Dexterity -> Martial Arts
    Koneko - Martial Arts -> Dexterity
    Kiba - Melee -> Strength -> Martial Arts

6. Alexander

Remember: A, he's young; B, with his Specialty he is an Expert in using swords, and only swords. If we raise his pure Melee, he will be able to wield all weapons with equal ease.

7. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I agree on the issue of strength, but it would probably be better if we implemented a house rule so that weapon arts base their charms off of Melee or Archery or whatever. That makes a lot more sense than learning martial arts for the purpose of mastering a sword fighting style. ::)

Akeno's speciality with whips surprises me given her lack of any Melee dots. It's a shame that Live Wire style is an Autochtonian invention since that would be a pretty natural extension of her abilities. We definitely don't want her learning Laughing Wounds, but maybe we could adapt Bending Reed to be compatible with a whip? Or maybe Sapphire Veil of Passion...

8. EternitynChaos

http://exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/MartialArts/2eDivine_Shewolf_Style

That is probably a good TMA for her all things considered

as for CMA, Crane style of course, the Conviction Virtue style probably, as well as Dreaming Pearl Courtesan would probably work, Sapphire Veil of Passion is sadly a SMA which I doubt anyone but Issei will be able to learn, Maaaybe Kuroko and Koneko with a lot of time and effort on everyone's part considering how Martial Arts is a thing for the Nekoshou and all

Bending Reed is a nice style however, I've never seen that one before, not sure we would need to make it compatible, why bother with a whip anyway, they suck for anything but clinching from what I remember, Akeno is a Queen, unarmed is probably better, so she can cast as needed and use her enhanced physical abilities otherwise

And honestly I prefer to keep the martial arts as Martial arts, otherwise we would just have Brawl instead, but that's a personal preference so /shrug

9. The Slumbering Crocodile

The Slumbering Crocodile Sleeping in the mud

I'm pretty sure that's five of the Solar's hours per week. Even with super-awesome training, you can't expect to develop like that in just five hours. Think of it more as the Solar setting up a training program, getting feedback, and modifying the program.

10. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

You can't see it, but I'm giving that link the stink-eye right now. I have no idea whether the homebrew on that site has been playtested or even looked at before being posted so I can't vouch for anything on it. I don't think Akeno will appreciate being taught a style called "Divine Bitch in Heat" either.

And yeah, I meant Dreaming Pearl rather than Sapphire Veil. Crane might be less excellent for Akeno and Rias than it would be for Asia because its charms demand that you be focused almost entirely on defense, while their respective abilities are in the realm of magic and fireballs and stuff.

11. EternitynChaos

No, you can, it really is that simply, 5 hours a week + bullshit solar magic can do amazing things, that's how Solars raise Heroic Armies in a month or two rather then decades

12. The Slumbering Crocodile

5 of the Solar's hours, sure. But it would make more sense if the student was training the whole week. Otherwise, the once/week restriction is utterly pointless.

13. Justbrowsing

Justbrowsing Not too sore, are you?

That's because she doesn't use whips in combat. She tends to keep them around for.... other activities.
    Hora Hora :D

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  14. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Well she is a half fallen angel, a sadomasochist and been shown in canon to know her way around a whip for those "other activities". So that specialty is actually unsurprising when you think about it.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  15. EternitynChaos

You do realise that at the end of the day with things like this what the Story Teller says goes right? also, the charm we are using is an E4 charm, which is right up there with the world breaking miracles tier stuff so its not that shocking we can do something that out there, besides at the end of the day, this is probably just a carry over to our own training times being modified as they have been so just accept that is how it is and lets get on with it.

16. Alexander

Issei is going to spend the week together with them, training. So there is no problem?

17. juracc

juracc Getting sticky.

Choose who to make a Half-Caste:
    [X] Asia
    [X] Ruby
    [X] Yang

Possibly delay boosting Asia a few days so we have some wp in reserve just in case?(iirc we got cult 3 so it should recover quickly)

[X] Decide who is included in the group (up to 10 people. Read other requirements)
    -[X] Dexterity, most of our group needs it, well outside of Eiko.
    -[X] Offer Kiba, Rias, Akeno and Koneko the option explain just what you are offering here and the advantages

On the style selection for everyone:

1) Not sure how much we can do for Eiko on terrestrial level. Those charms aren't exactly made for the likes of her. Maybe nudge her towards developing some spirit charms?
    2) Shougo: Providing him with ability/attribute training, sparring & stuff is okay, but not sure how much would he benefit from us trying to teach him a TMA. He's already developing his own has a bonus towards "Using Only his own Natural Talent".

18. Kelenas

Kelenas Experienced.

I think he meant the other Solar Training Charms; TWTT and HAM.

19. Alexander

So, tally?

20. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Pretty sure it's

[X] Plan EternityChaos

21. Diller

Yeah no one else made a plan so it's this

Choose who to make a Half-Caste (be aware than temporary Willpower will not be refilled until the next story. Learn the corebook to see how to recover Willpower):
    [X] Asia
    [X] Ruby
    [X] Yang

-[X] Dexterity, most of our group needs it, well outside of Eiko, after that anything you think would help them most, these are your friends and loved ones after all, anything that can keep them alive is worth doing

Though we should probably include the training programs for everyone since we inter to do more then must increase dexterity if time is willing,

22. EternitynChaos

incorrect, its a little different

23. The Slumbering Crocodile

Yes, that's okay. It's just, training an entire dot for someone in a mere five hours simply doesn't fit Solar thematics. The Solar theme is "Human Excellence writ large", so it is certainly reasonable for one to train a rabble of peasants into an elite army in a short time, because that is something humans can technically do (although it's nearly impossible, hence "writ large"). But no matter how good and how supernaturally optimized a training scheme is, no one can go through all the changes needed to say gain a dot of strength or dexterity in only five hours from training alone. Outright magical improvement like that fits in Infernal themes, mind, but they already have Verdant Emptiness Endowment and Miracle Gift Mastery for that.

24. EternitynChaos

Actually, Solars big thing isn't Human Excellence, its 'Doing the Undo-able' at least when you get past baby steps (E1-3)

as Shyft said on SB

Also, Infernals don't do that sort of thing in 5 hours, they do that in an Instant, that's the whole Shaping BS thing they do /shrug Evil Desert Genie and all that

25. Diller

Whoops copied and pasted the wrong one. That's what I get for doing it right after I wake up from a nap and still half-asleep. I'll change it in a second.

26. EternitynChaos

Heh, no worries ^^;; been there, done that, so many times its probably a running theme for me /grin

27. Diller

Actualif tin the old threads I remember seeing posts of you basically saying "I know I'm not making sense but I'm tired/laugh" or "That's what I get for typing while half asleep/laugh"

So yeah you could say it's a running theme for you.
    :))

28. Threadmarks: Extra Arc: Stray Devils and... Shinobi? (Part 1)
    Alexander

[X] Plan EternitynChaos
    ----

"Do I need to get tea?" You think it was meant as a joke, but Rias' forced smile tell you clearly another story.

You raise your hands in a placating gesture. "No, no. I assure you it will not be necessary. It's something I had for awhile, but only now there is enough time to try it." She leans forward, now clearly interesting. "It's a training method, meant to concentrate months of training into weeks. I am not even sure it will work, so there is that."

"Training in what?"

"Physical attributes, ability to fight with and without weapons and the like." You answer.

"Uhm.." She taps a delicate finger on her luscious lips.

"Of course I am not bringing this up just because now I have time. There is more." You scratch your head. "The truth is, I discovered a glaring weakness of mine."

"Oh?"

"I never had a battle that lasted long." You explain. "Every time I fought it was one against one, and something happened at the end that stopped following fights. So I never experienced a battle that wasn't straightforward and short. Most of all, I have no experience fighting alongside others."

The truth is that it was your sempai who pointed it out to you. However, it makes a lot of sense.

"Soon you will be old enough to participate in Rating Games, right Rias?" She nods. "So I was thinking, why not unite training with mock battles to simulate a Rating Game. This way both of our groups can gain valuable experience."

"Uhm..." She closes her eyes and humms before smiling. "I like it, I really do. It's a splendid idea. Ah!" She looks apologetic. "But, Yuuma, Dohna and Kala aren't there now: Beowulf-san brought them on a training trip a few days ago, saying 'that he wants disciples too', or something like that."

Disciples? Yeah, the world is full of disciples. "If they are with Beowulf-san then they're in good hands."

----

The three ex-Fallen Angels stare up at the thirteen meters tall Nemean Bear in front of them. "Please tell me you're joking..." Kala whispers in raw terror.

"Nope!" Beowulf shouts from the sidelines. "First task of the day: defeat an enemy stronger than you without using Light powers. Now, begin!"

Dohna opens his mouth to tell the Pawn what exactly he thinks of his training regime. Or to cry out in fright. Possibly both.

The bear is faster.

----

It's midnight. The majority of people in the city are sleeping.

You however are fully awake, running and jumping on the rooftop of the industrial area. [So, is this the place?]

"Yeah." You land on a chimney and sit down. "This is where Rias and the others fought and defeated the Stray Devil."

[But they were delayed because the guy has a lot of mooks, so by the time they managed to arrest him whatever he was working at was already completed and shipped to God know where. I remember that part. So let me ask again: why are we here.]

You shrug. "I just thought I could give a look. I am not going to pretend I thought I could find a hint where others more capable than me failed. Just a hu-"

---Ba---

You sharply turn around. "What was that?"

[I don't feel anything.]

"But I swear..." You stand up and activate your Dragon Senses. Your eyes become like a dragon, green and golden pupils glowing in the darkness of the night.

---Bang!---

"Gunfire?" But there is something strange with the sound: it feels muted, and not because of the distance. Following the trail you arrive to an area where a building was recently demolished. And there, a few steps from you, there is...something. You don't know how to properly describe it: it's like a distortion in space, a barrier of translucent light that shift and move like a lake's surface.

[How nostalgic. To find one there...] Belzard's voice comes from Boosted Gear.

"Sempai? Do you know what is this?"

[It's a Kekkai Hyodo-kun. A barrier created through direct Space Manipulation. It is something Senjutsu excel at, but there are many ways to use one. Someone put up this one, probably to conceal something he didn't want others to see.]

"Do you know how to enter it?" You eye the Kekkai with wary eyes.

[It doesn't seem complicate, so it shouldn't be difficult. Manifest Boosted Gear and push through with it. That should do the trick.]

Following his instructions you form the gauntlets, rest your open palms near the barrier and step forward.

FLASH!!

"Ahahaha! What's the matter little girl? Tired already?"

"Who are you calling little, you slimy-WAAAAHH!!"

Boom! Boom! Ratatatatatatata!!!!!

It's like you just entered a warzone. The moment the light subsides you are blinded by smoke and heat. Covering your face with your arm and retreating behind a piece of rubble you peek between your finger and try to see what is going on.

First, the scenery changed: you aren't in the city anymore, but a valley between tall mountains with a river nearby.

[The interior of a Kekkai reflects the tastes of the creator.]

And one mystery solved. Now, the cause of the mayhem.

The first one you recognize immediately, if only because he has his Devil wings out for anyone to see. Dressed in suit, he is leisurely floating in the air while magic circles around him constantly release monsters after monsters. Some are like the gorilla you fought, but others are so absurdly shaped that you even fail to understand how they move.

And the one fighting those monsters-

You blink. You close your eyes, rub them and open them again.

Nope, still there.

'Ddraig, what I am seeing?'

[​IMG]

[Well, first I would say that is a loli. Also called a prepubescent girl.] His tone is utterly serious. [Wearing an European dress I haven't see around in two centuries. She doesn't feel like a Fallen, so those wings are probably fake. And she is shooting at those guys with her umbrella.]

[Don't forget the moe eyepatch!] Another of your sempai shouts.

[BAM! Oh oh oh! BAM! BAM! BAM!] Elasha's voice. [Lolicons are truly like cockroaches: they don't die even when you squash them. Oh oh oh! BAM! BAM! BAM!]

Your perverted sempai aside, you have now the confirmation you haven't gone insane.

This doesn't reassure you in the slightest.

Still, it's obvious who need your help right now!

[] Help the girl.
    [] Attack the Devil.
    [] Write-in.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  29. EternitynChaos

obvious answer is obvious

[X] Help the girl.

30. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

[X] Help the girl.

I know who this is. Do you guys do? And if you do, don't spoil the answer, I wanna see how many recognize her.