1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. soul ice

soul ice Versed in the lewd.

this is the exact effect of our anima it is in all honesty very useful in a number of ways

2. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

It's a battle aura, first of all. It shows off the Solar's power whenever he's using motes. Note that you can use motes specifically to power up the battle aura, but it also powers up on its own whenever you use peripheral motes or (I think) overdrive pool motes. This sometimes presents a challenge to players of Solars in vanilla Exalted games because Solars are typically being hunted by the Realm and they need to stay incognito as much as possible depending on where they are. In our case it's less of a challenge because we're only trying to hide from people who don't know anything about the supernatural world -- it's an inconvenience more than a matter of life and death.

The Anima banner also has an anima power attached to it, which soul ice just quoted for us. There are also some minor effects like being able to instinctively tell what time of day it is and shedding enough light to read by but that's the big one.

3. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

Don't forget that provides illumination in the dark, or the upgrades to it, which vary from being able to create illusionary plays with it, to counting as if it was actual sunlight(burn, vampires, burn!).

4. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Hell it's because of our anima banner's ability that we're slowly but surely reverse engineering the evil pieces.

We're even able to analyzes a spell mid combat, figure out what it does and counter it.
    An example of this is input fight against Raiser.

Our anima banner is damn useful especially in the setting we're in.

You mean we can troll those arrogant dxd vampires with our anima banner if we upgrade it?

Praise the UCS

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  5. Justbrowsing

Justbrowsing Not too sore, are you?

I'm not confident enough in my mechanics knowledge to write out the stunt, but can't we enter into a cinch with the monster, then charge a dragon wave up in our off hand and slam it into the monster's face?

6. cronos2chaos

cronos2chaos I trust you know where the happy button is?

ah I see.

sorry if I came of as an ass, but the only thing that I was able to find out about it was that it took motes to sustain itself and what little I could scrape together from my observations.

thanks for the correction.

still it would be badass if could still have all of it's effect after it became a stand.

7. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

err that would give us less dice *multiple action penalty* and the current stunt is fine, or at least Alexander hasn't chimed in with common sense, its not going to dodge after all, we just need to counter like my stunt has us doing, as an added bonus our ally is doing the same thing /shrug

Also, we have no idea how strong this thing is, for all we know it could have Strength 15 and Epic Strength 6 or something, but have no melee to make use of it

8. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

It's pretty damn obviously you hadn't read it.

9. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

What was your first clue, not knowing what a stand was or only recognizing it by fanart?

10. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

The fact that you have apparently decided to judge it by the fan art and dismiss it out of hand cause of that. If you had read it or didn't dismiss it cause of the fan art you would know that stands can make people as broken as solars if not more so.

11. EternitynChaos

I'm going to have to disagree to that statement nightblade, 'The World', that gets stopped cold by an E1 charm Integrity-Protecting Prana, so no, they are no as broken as Solars, in no way shape or form; are they broken, yes, but Solars are on a whole different level. I also have no desire to see them in this quest, ymmv of course

12. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

It's a time stop. Intergrity-protecting prana is for protecting you from shaping effects.

13. EternitynChaos

if that's not a Shaping effect I don't know what bloody well is

Seriously, Balors Eye that Kills, Shaping Effect, Everything that looks at me loves me, Shaping Effect, Everything that speaks my name must keep saying it, Shaping Effect, Everything in a Radius of X can't Move Because 'Time Has Stopped' Shaping Effect.

Stands = Bored Ass Raksha, explains so much about JJBA

14. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

What makes you think I care how broken they can be? We're a Solar with one of the most powerful sacred gears in DxD. We don't need any more power than that. If you really wanted to have something stand-ish then we already have the anima dragon. Write stunts so it looms over us menacingly when we intimidate our enemies if you want, but we don't need another power set any more than we need to suddenly discover a giant robot in the basement.

15. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

[X] Dragon Wave again, Fire once more, this time make it Holy with Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment on top of that.
    -[X] Stunt Golden Yellow Flames Coalesce in your hands as you wait for your moment to strike, As the abomination in front of you once more strikes out you skid across the ground raising a plume of dust as you and your current ally release your attack's to coincide with the monster's.
    --[X] make note to ask about the previous 30 at some point

16. The Slumbering Crocodile

The Slumbering Crocodile Sleeping in the mud

*cue Royal Warstrider*

17. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

We shouldn't focus on becoming even more broken, especially when we're already as powerful as we are.

We want to be broken? We could get Swords Are Useless
    Insatiable Slave Stamina
    and Sensuous Torment
    Activate Insatiable Slave Stamina at the beginning of the fight and use Swords Are Useless + Sensuous Torment each time we're hit, as long as all attacks do more than 4 levels of damage we'll even recover motes while being absolutely immune to all bashing and lethal damage. If the -4 wound penalty is a problem, activate Laughing Wounds Form to turn it into a +4 instead. We can't use Fist of the Daystar Form while in hybrid form anyways, so it wouldn't be a big loss.

Basically, "it's broken" isn't a reason to do something.

18. EternitynChaos

Fist of all, I believe it's Any Form charm that our current Warform dosn't let us use, which is why I created the Sage Meditation Charm, based on the Eastern Dragons for us to learn that would let us use one in the future.

Secondly, the Laughing Wounds style was created by one of the Death Lords AFTER they Became a Death Lord, Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears to be exact

19. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

No, we just can't use Fist of the Daystar Form because Fist of the Daystar is explicitly not compatible with inhuman body patterns.

20. EternitynChaos

Errrm, I believe he changed that back when he was changing how the Warform worked, when he was making the extra knacks, that IS why I made the Eastern Dragon style war-form charm after all, because he said he wanted to keep it separated Basic War-Form => Dragon Form from martial arts. I could be wrong, and it would probably be best to wait for Alexander to give a ruling on that one way or another, it has been a while after all /shrug

21. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

X] Dragon Wave again, Fire once more, this time make it Holy with Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment on top of that.
    -[X] Stunt Golden Yellow Flames Coalesce in your hands as you wait for your moment to strike, As the abomination in front of you once more strikes out you skid across the ground raising a plume of dust as you and your current ally release your attack's to coincide with the monster's. Sunlight Yellow Overdrive!
    --[X] make note to ask about the previous 30 at some point

Why do you guys take this so seriously? I mean, we're supposed to have fun in this quest right? So what's wrong with making a Stand in our spare time.

22. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Different people have different ideas of fun. "Main character develops new power sets whenever he feels like it and effortlessly waltzes through the whole quest without ever being legitimately challenged or threatened by anything" is not my idea of fun.

23. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

It's happening already, how's a Stand gonna make it worse, Smut?

And for those who claim OP, I have one last question. Which one would you prefer? Us being OP simply cause we picked up crazy combinations of pre-existing charms, following molds that were set long ago (and don't bother saying that won't happen, it friggin will)? Or us being OP simply because we had a stupid idea and made it work?

And Hell, on what basis do we assume that a Stand, if we make one, will be OP?

24. Threadmarks: Extra Arc: Stray Devils and... Shinobi? (Part 5)
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] Dragon Wave again, Fire once more, this time make it Holy with Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment on top of that.
    ----

"Shoot as I do." You tell her. The moment the monster resumes its attack you prepare.

Golden yellow flames coalesce in your hands as you wait for your moment to strike. The moment the abomination in front of you strikes out once more you skid across the ground, raising a plume of dust as you and your current ally release your attack's to coincide with the monster's.

"Fire Dragon Shot!"
    "PURUUUUUUU!!!" A hundred voices screams in pain, the entire blob's body being engulfed in flames and peppered by shots.

"Hiden Ninpō: Walküre!" Your eyes lose focus as salt and kerosene are rubbed on your mental scars.

[Oooohh!!] Ddraig and many of your male sempai cry.

"...Fire Dragon Shot." You repeat meekly, devoid of emotions.
    The monster trashes wildly. Two dozen of grenades land on it.

They explode, and what remains of Purucci Purucci N°31 is scattered all around the area.

"Yes! We won! We...won..." Smiling cockily the girl turns to you, only to trail off as her mouth hang open and her eye widen.

You shake your head to get your bearings together (and get rid of the bad images). "Yes, we won...something wrong?" You ask, noticing her strange expression.

"...You have a dragon behind you."

"Oh that?" You wave your hand off. "It's just an imagine that pop up every time I use too much energy. It's supposed to be a representation of my soul or something. More importantly, the target?"

"Of the soul-You're right!" She starts running ahead. "Get here you sunovabitch!"

You hope that she's older than she looks, because that is not a language for a little girl to have. You follow her and soon find Eiko, standing above the supine Devil.

Supine, because he had his arms, legs and wings completely burned.

"Welcome back Master. Congratulation for your victory." As always Eiko bows gracefully. "Eiko fulfilled her duty and captured the scoundrel."

"You psycho bitch!" The Devil screams, tears running freely from his eyes. "You burned my limbs! I can't feel them!"

The loli stomps on the wounds. "AAAAAHHHH!" "This is for calling me a midget!"

You facepalm. "Stop. Just stop please." You tell the girl before turning to Eiko. "I just said to capture him."

"Eiko did as she was told. Lacking tools adequate for the task this was the best solution to accomplish your orders Master."

What is this that when you argue with her you cannot ever won? Oh right, is what make her so useful. Facepalming yet again you look down at the Devil. "Don't worry, I know someone who can heal all types of wounds. But you have a lot to answer to the Gremory family."

"Gremory? Are you a dog of those damn traito-!" He glares at you with hatred, but suddenly his eyes widen. "Wait, I recognize you! N-No way! You're the Sekiryuutei!"

How did he-right, that video with Raiser. "Yeah, that's me. Feeling more inclined to talk now?"

"...fu..fu fu..FufuahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" He chuckles before erupting in full blow laughers. "NEVER!!!"

He bits down hard on his lips, drawing blood. A magic circle appears in his chest, glowing ominously black.

Your eyes widen as your Aura automatically analyze the spell and give you the results.

"DOWN WITH THE FALSE MAOU! ALL HAIL THE TRUE MAOU!!"
    [EXPLOSION!]

Moving fifteen times faster than normal you kick the Devil's body away, blowing it more fifty yards away.

BOOOOM!!!

Just in time as it explodes, showering the area with debris.

"Oh my." Eiko mutters in slight surprise, fan blocking the debris from hitting her body.

"What...what was that?" The loli asks.

"A Dead Man Switch." You reply, feeling the rush of Explosion leaving you. "That bastard put a bomb on himself. Whatever he was hiding, he didn't want it to fall in the hands of others."

"Urgh. At least the mission is completed." She huffs before suddenly pointing a finger at you. "You!"

"Me?" You point at yourself.

"And you!" She points at Eiko, who merely hid her lower face (probably a smirk) with her fan. "You have a lot to explain!"

"Explain? Ah, I guess the recent events were pretty strange, uh?" You scratch your head before holding out a hand. "My name is Hyodo Issei, Second Year of High School. Nice to meet you."

"Eh? Ah? I'm Mirai..." Almost absentmindedly she shakes your hand.

"Nice to meet you Mirai-san. And she's Eiko." The Yatagarasu waves. "Uhm, let's see...Do the terms [Angel], [Fallen Angel] and [Devil] say anything to you?"

"Nope." She frowns.

"Then take a seat, because this will be a long talk..."

One long explanation later

Mirai is standing off into the distance, her expression the one of someone who discovered dinosaurs aren't extinct and that her parents still have sex in their old school uniforms. "God exists?"

"The one from Christianity, yes. Along with those of all other religions and mythologies." You explain. "For the after-life don't worry: even if you are an atheist there is a system of reincarnate-"

"Aaaahhh!" She screams. "What the hell? What the hell? What the hell?" She runs around, arms wailing wildly. "Why I was never told anything about this?"

Yeah, a standard reaction. You don't count. "That's what I found strange too." She stops to look at you. "I thought you would know since you have supernatural powers. If I may ask Mirai-san, what is the source of your powers?"

"Me? I am a Shinobi!" She holds out her chest in pride.

You blink. "Shinobi? As, a ninja? Forgive me for asking, but you don't exactly fill the- what was called? Oh yes- the stereotypical image of a ninja."

"That's because she's an elite." Surprisingly it's Eiko who answer you. "Master may not know, but the secrets of the Masters of Shadows are taught even today. The truly talented are able, with the use of arcane techniques, to reach superhuman levels of strength and ability, forgoing the need for specific clothes by creating preferred one through pure willpower."

[Isn't that basically a Magical Girl transformation?] Ddraig asks.

Damn straight it is.

"That's right! I am an elite." Mirai nods pleased.

"To reach such a level at the tender age of ten springs is truly commendable." Mirai nods again before freezing midway, the meaning of Eiko's words sinking in. "Eiko is impressed at the young Master of Shadows."

"What ten springs?! I am fifteen!" Mirai yells in indignation.

"Oh." For once Eiko's face seems to show true remo- "In this case you better abandon all hopes." Aaaand, nope.

Mirai starts leaking out killing intent again.

You quickly cover Eiko's mouth and push her behind you. "I am very sorry. Eiko is polite only with me. Please forgive her."

"...Umpfh." She snorts in irritation but lowers her weapon. "Just this once. And just because you told me a lot of important stuff."

She lifts up her skirt. You tense, expecting another mind violation, but luckily this time what appears is a mini-jet. Mirai hops onto it. "I'm going. Don't forget about me pretty boy, because this isn't the last you see of me!"

"Oh, don't worry: I am not going to forget about you anytime soon." You eyes lose focus again.

She blushes again before turning away. The engines of the mini-jet activate and she flies away, leaving behind a trail of smoke. At the same time the barrier disappears and you're back in the industrial area.

"Let's go back home Eiko."

"Hai Master!"

You still have to weep for your lose innocence. You will report to Rias tomorrow.

----

"Ehh?! Ninja can do that?" Mittelt smiles as she eats breakfast.

"Japan is truly an amazing place." Asia comments.

"I was just as surprised." Luckily both of your parents are out to visit friends, or it would be hard to justify this conversation.

Well, you could always tell them you were discussing an anime, but you don't think mother would appreciated 'making otaku out of the girls' as she would surely put it.

The doorbell rings. "I'm going." You stand up and walk to the door. You open it.

"Hello-Hic! Is this...mumble..oh yeah! Hyodo residence-Hic!?"

[​IMG]

Slowly, very slowly you raise your head and put a hand over your eyes. "Please tell me what I am seeing is legal."

"Don't worry-Hic! I'm older than I look!" The drunken little girls with horns replies.

"That's good. Excuse me for the rudeness but now please enter before the neighbours, who don't know that, see you and get the wrong idea!" You step the side and motion to enter.

"Sure!-Hic!" She wabbles inside.

"Ise, who is-GRANDMA!" Mittelt flies in the newcomer's arms and hugs her.

"Granddaughter!" The horned girl returns the hug and spins Mittelt around.

...How are you supposed to react to this?

[] Write-in.
    ----

I think a draft of this moment would be perfect, because I can picture it in my head and it is too damn cute :))

Stop talking about Stands and talk about my post, which is way better.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  25. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

This reunion is gonna end in massive headaches, I can tell.

And on this note, I shall have to disappear for now. Be back in a few days.

26. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

pic busted.

[X] Millelt is happy about so you will be happy as well. also be polite.
    -[X] let's just be careful and ready to contain any damage though.

27. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

...How are you supposed to react to this?

[X] Oh crap. Isn't this the girl... woman... person who made Azazel nervous just by thinking about her getting angry?

28. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

[X] Meh, you've seen stranger just today.

29. EternitynChaos

[X] Mittelt is happy so you will be happy as well. also be polite.
    -[X] let's just be careful and ready to contain any damage though.

30. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

I only see an anti-hotlink picture