1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

...I honestly thought it was of the Prismatic Arrangement of Creation :-[
    [me=kinglugia]sighs[/me]

2. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

[X] The cute one-chan with long, wavy brown hair and the gorgeous kimono.

3. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

I can't breathe...

4. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

You gotta love Creation, what it has in Grimdark it makes up with bullshitting WTF powers and denizens.

5. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

[X] The cute onee-chan with long, wavy brown hair and the gorgeous kimono.

6. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

It's only grimdark because only a grimdark setting would be a worthy challenge for the Exalted to fix. ;D

In that sense, you probably can't call it grimdark in the first place since the assumption is that yes, you absolutely can make things better.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  7. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

That's what I said, it makes up for what it has in Grimdark with what it has in bullshit powers and crazy-ass residents.

8. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Would changing someone's fate to "be a duck" actually turn them into a duck, or merely apply penalties for not being a duck?

reference to this.

If it's the latter, then you should set limits on how fates can be applied, so people can't stuck stack a bazillion penalties on an enemy by giving them fates to do impossible things.

Make it so you can only change someone's fate to something physically possible for them to do?

Sure, you can still climb a mountain, spy an opposing army, then punch them all in the face twice from miles away, then give them the fate to "die in the upcoming battle" thus giving the entire army penalties against you and your own army, but that's the sort of thing that thematically fits a high level Martial-Artist/Fate-Bender, not polymorph punches.

Honestly, it seems like a really obvious rule-patch.

9. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

The former. It's listed as a shaping effect, which is the local terminology for reality-warping effects. Most fate-spinning effects aren't that potent, and the Duck Punch charm is essence 6 anyways so only elder Sidereals can use it.

Those charms come from Scroll of the Monk, which means they're terrible and shouldn't be used at any game table ever.

10. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

It's not a Fate Bending Effect here, so much as a Shaping Attack in this case when you talk about the Duck-Punch, it is indeed a thing, it's thematic to the style rather then sidereals as well for that matter, CMoSS's thing is changing, canabilization and other spider themes /shrug the thing to remember her is CMoSS isn't a Sidereal charm, its a Sidereal Martial Art style, different rules and all that /frown I'm probably not doing a very good job of explaining it

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  11. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Sidereal martial arts are similar to the more powerful Sacred Gears in that they are built around concepts rather than actions. Just as Boosted Gear can theoretically do anything that falls under 'doubling' or 'transferring' so too can a Sidereal build an art around some idea that they have learned to completely understand. The Charcoal March of Spiders was created by studying the Pattern Spiders that were created by Autochthon to maintain his Loom of Fate. As the Pattern Spiders can alter a fate by adjusting the threads, a Sidereal who has mastered the school can use the concept of 'Pattern Spider' to adjust fate to her own liking.

It's hardly the strangest martial art they have. The Border of Kaleidoscope Logic school is built around the concepts of 'Identity' and 'Perception of Reality'. Now that's some weird shit.

12. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

There's also Cobalt Wedding of Bliss Style, which I would recommend for Issei if we ever get around to learning SMAs. I'm pretty sure this one is actually mechanically-reliable too, which is a rarity for SMAs.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  13. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

[X] There is a group of little youkai staring at you. Also, something stinks of natto.

14. EternitynChaos

[X] The black robed monk with a conic straw hat.

As a side note if their is the smell of natto around does that mean the young masters grandfather hasn't left to meet up with the Old Tanuki, as I believe the natto youkai went with him when he did that?

15. Threadmarks: Youkai Yakuza - Part 4
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Welcome to QQ and my quest! ;)

[X] There is a group of little youkai staring at you. Also, something stink of natto.
    ----

In truth, the first thing that catch your attention is not something you sight, but something you smell.

[Woah! What is this reek?!"] Even Ddraig can smell it.

'This smell...natto?' Indeed, it smells just like the Japanese dish famous for having a string unpleasant odor. But where it comes from? Is the kitchen near your position? You look left and right, finding nothing. Then in a flash of inspiration you look up.

And see a group of little youkai, small like children, staring at you from the edge of the roof. You stare back at them.

"Guah! He spotted us!"

"Eiieh!"

Crash!

You look down at the bowl full of natto that fell next to you, luckily without staining your clothes, and then back up in curiosity.

"Great idea you moron! 'Let's pull a prank on him! If he falls for it, he's not a dragon!' Well looks at it: he didn't fall for it!"

"This is the end! Ye' dragon will eat us all!"

"First the foreigner youkai, then a dragon! The Nura Clan is finished!"

And just like that it degenerates into utter chaos. '...Are youkai usually so fickle?'

[Usually. They are beings born from emotions and lingering feelings, so their emotional restrains aren't the best.]

Still, you should do something. "Aehm!" You clear your throat loudly. Instantly they stop what they were doing and look at you.
    "Nice to meet you. Do you want to talk with me?" You say in an amiable voice while pulling out your best friendly smile.

They blink. Then do it again.

----

"...Ye not gonna eat us?"

"For the fifteenth time, no I'm not." You tell the small red-skinned oni. After calming down the group of youkai walked down, and now you and them are talking seated on the porch. "Look, I heard you had a bad experience with a dragon before but I'm not like that. Honest."

"You mean the tiger-stripped lady? I didn't mind her: she told funny jokes." A youkai with only one eye says.

"You only say that because when she came you were knocked out by the sake! The left wing was reduced to a crater!"

"She had big boobs..."

"Shut up pervert!"

'Ah ah, they are so lively, they look like a big, close family.' You think, a small smile gracing your lips.

"So, if you aren't here to take over our turf..." A guy with no eyes and a strange forehead asks you. "Why are you here?"

"I came here to bring a message as a favor, and when Nura-san asked me to help him with the present problems I accepted." You answer.

"...Just like that?"

You proudly cross your arms over your chest. "That's how I am. If someone is in trouble I want to help him."

"Like?" From the back someone asks.

"Well..." You stroke your chin. "The first time, it was when I met a beautiful foreigner..."

----

"But of course he can stay!" Wakana Nura, mother of Rikuo Nura, cheerfully exclaims while walking next to his son. "I'm so glad you're making new friends Rikuo. And finally I can meet one: you never presented me those from your school."

"But mom, this is a house of youkai." Rikuo looks happy, but also troubled. "And Keikain-san is an Onmyōji: Natto and the others almost got exterminated that time they came here unannounced."

"And? I am a mother, and I want to meet my son's friends." She ruffles his hair. "Nothing that a little organization can't resolve."

"I am still advising against it." Kurotabou, who is walking behind them together with Aotabou, Kubinashi and Kejorou. "I find it extremely suspicious that he just showed up and agreed to help us straight away. We should be wary."

"Uh?" She makes a confused expression. "Doesn't it just mean he's a polite and generous young man?"

"A polite and generous young dragon." He stresses out. "Do you remember what happened the last time one came here Wakana-sama?"

"But he's not that bi-woman." The four males of the group stiffen, Wakana's smile suddenly unsettling. "So it's all right."

"..I'm still saying we should kick him out." Aotabou grumbles, one hand reaching for the sliding door. "And I am sure the others think the same."

He opens it.

"'I' he said. 'Lost' I finished for him." Issei Hyodo is posing under the sakura tree. "And then I hit him with an uppercut, sending him to the land of dreams!"

"WUUOOOHH!!" The crowd of youkai cheers loudly.

"Way to go Issei-dono!"

"You served him his ass on a silver plate!"

"Served that phoenix right! Bunch of snobs they are."

"We met one, when it was only us and the Supreme Commander. He was a hardcore homo who set his eyes on the Commander. We had to flew from Noshu to lose him."

"I remember! Poor Commander looked like a corpse for two weeks afterwards. What was he called? Gia? Gigana?"

"I think it was Gigai."

"Oh my. I think you may be wrong Ao-kun." Wakana cheerfully says.

The four youkai stares jaw-slacked.

----

"That was fun."

[Yeah. Be in awe at my prowess!]

'Your prowess?'

[What's yours is mine.]

'Hell no.'

As you finish to put your stuff on the room Wakana-san had so gently offered you stand up and check out your work. "Good enough. Now all that's left is Eiko's stuff. Speaking of which, where is she?"

You walk outside to look for her, and meets the guy with a conical hat. "Hello. Kurotabou-san, was it? Did you see my companion?"

He tilts his head forward. "Yes. She was still talking with Karasutengu when I saw here fifteen minutes ago."

"She's still at it?" You scratch your head. "I better make sure she's behaving. Can you tell me where you saw here?"

"Sure. But before that I have a request." At that moment something changes in his aura. You don't know why, but the tension in the air raises. "While I appreciate the help you are willing to offer to the Young Master, those are not lesser youkai that we're facing."

You raise an eyebrow. "...Go on."

"I will be blunt: I don't know if you're strong enough to be of help."

"And how you're going to ascertain it?"

"With a duel." He raises the tip of his hat, staring at you in the eyes. "You and me. The first to lose consciousness or admit defeat lose."

...Well, then.

[] Accept
    [] Decline

16. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Accept

Bdragon likes this.
  17. Kelenas

Kelenas Experienced.

[X] Accept

18. horus

horus Warmaster

[X] Accept

19. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

[X] Accept

No question. A duel it is.

20. MerelysSoul

MerelysSoul Warning: Tends to irreverent in most situations.

[X] accept

21. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

[X] Accept

22. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

He asked for it.

[X] Accept
    -[X] Ask for another party to officiate the duel, either the lord of the manor or his mother preferably.

23. RLDX

RLDX Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Accept

24. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

[X] Accept.

Gigai from Sengoku Rance?

25. EternitynChaos

once again, as if there was any other option

[X] Accept.

26. Justbrowsing

Justbrowsing Not too sore, are you?

There is no question about it.

[X]Accept

27. junsa

junsa Versed in the lewd.

Hello new here hope we get along. [X]Accept

28. Nyrath

Nyrath I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Accept.

29. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] Accept.

30. korat56

korat56 Well worn.

[X] Accept