1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Kurotabou is just that badass. And he isn't the only one :))

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Shador and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  2. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

Hmmm on one hand harder fights on the other more epic fights

nope not seeing any problems here! Looking forward to more!

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  3. Hanashinobi

Hanashinobi I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] EternitynChaos

4. Threadmarks: Youkai Yakuza - Part 8
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] EternitynChaos
    ----

Boost
    'The second one! Both of us almost killed each other a dozen times, and it's only the second Boost! I risked my life on a rate of one time for second!' You think aghast.

Then you laugh. Not desperate or mocking, but full, honest and joyful laughers spill out of your mouth. You just can't help it!

'This is so much fun!'
    Once again you vanish in a blur of motion as pure dragon energy from the Dragon Emperor himself send your entire muscular system into overdrive, appearing behind your opponent's back. Stone breaks as you hop just in time to avoid a spear that hurtles towards you from his back.

With a graceful motion you land on its shaft and strike out at him with a haymaker as he turns to meet your attack.
    Your fist smashes through his defense and hits him square in the jaw-no! At the last second an iron pole emerges from his robe's collar in the path of your attack. The force is still enough to send him flying back and into a wall. When he emerges his hat is half-ruined, and he spots an angry linear red mark on his cheek.

"There is something that bothers me." He massages his jaw. "Not in a worrying manner, just a curious one."

"And what would that be?" You ask back. A pause it's good, it gives you time to accumulate Boosts and think of a strategy.

"You're skilled. I was prepared for overwhelming strength, but this isn't unexpected. No, what puzzle me is that your skills aren't constant. One moment you're good, the next you're a master and the next yet again you're back to good."

"I may be taking it easy on you." You say teasingly.

"If so why going back once you've forced to reveal your true strength?" He shakes his head. Then he shoots you an amused stare. "No, what I think is that you increase your abilities artificially. Some people have skills to enhance their physical abilities. While you, you can enhance how efficiently you can use what you already have."

You can't help it. You gape at him. "I'm not going to deny it. I can't lie to save my ass anyway." Your lips stretch into a smile and you lick them. "You understood it in ten seconds. Ten. I know it's a bad thing, but I feel more and more the urge to stop worrying about thinking, entrust everything to my instincts and just enjoy it. Because this is the best fight I had since forever and we're just started."

"By all means." He tips his hat sideway, his smirk very visible under the rim. "Go wild."
    ----

The four youkai wince as a barrage of golden-blazing punches send Kurotabou again into the wall and through it.

"That wasn't a wise thing to say." Aotabou comments.

"Positive." Tsurara whispers, clearly impressed by what she's seeing. "But, listen: with that guy on our side, the Shikoku youkai aren't so much of a danger anymore, right? Maybe we can win!"

"The only problem-" Kubinashi frowns. "Is the possible loss of reputation if rumors about how the Nura Clan managed to do it only because they receive help from an outside source spread."

"Already working on that."

The four whip their heads around to look back and gasp at the sight. "Karasutengu!?"

"The Supreme Commander is the only one who can do things under my radar." The crow youkai lands near the edge of the roof's hole and sits cross-legged.

"Uh...We-" Kejorou stammers, but Karasutengu silences her by raising an arm.

"Later. Later we will discuss about this 'stunt' of yours." His voice holds promises of heavy scolding. "For now, let's watch."

They do.

----

Your fist shatters the sodegarami into pieces, forcing Kurotabou to retreat yet again lest he suffers a pummeling beyond his wildest dreams.

Seriously.

This is so much fun, you even consider going Dragoon. And fuck your clothes.

Deadly Dragoon Warrior?
    [] Yes
    [] No

What is your next action?
    [] Write-in.

----

5. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Deadly Dragoon Warrior?
    [X] No

lets keep in human form.

6. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

As it is the basic DDW doesn't give us enough to offset what we loose from not getting our Form Charms, once we get the Sage Dragon Meditation Charm that lets us use a form charm that will be different.

As for Stunts, if no one else does something I'll see what I can do in a while as it is I'm a bit sidetracked at the moment ^^

nice update however Alexander, lots of fun, and yeah Kurotabou is all sorts of awesome ^^;

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  7. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

We're chewing through our essence really fast, though. Less than half on peripheral, slightly less than 75% on personal, and we're only up to second boost. At this rate, if he pushes us harder with another suprise we might get a bit too close to running out.

Deadly Dragoon Warrior?
    [X] No

At least not until we hit full boost, I think. Hell, is it normal for a solar to go through essence this rapidly in combat?

8. EternitynChaos

YES, Solars go through Essence really fast in combat if they are going all out, which is what we are doing, we still have a good amount of essence left however, and next boost we get to 32 then 64 etc its the only problem with not being able to keep BG at full boost all the time, but I guess that just means when we know we are going into a fight we should boost up ahead of the battle from now on, and Dragoon will only give us 2 more points in our physical stats, not worth loosing form ability from Fist of the Daystar, we also don't have any of the other reactor or overdrive charms yet which would help us lighten the load

9. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

That's the problem. Someone with a shitload of speed and endurance is the absolute worst possible match-up for an Exalt. We're on a time limit.

Sol Mark-1 and Least Devotee like this.
  10. noahgab1133

So why don't we transform into a dragon? I thought Alex changed his mind about losing fist of the daystar as long as we didn't use are claws?

11. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

That was for dragon hybrid transformation since we still have our human form but dragon parts added too it.

DDW turns us into upright dragon ergo we have an inhuman shape so no form charms.

12. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

Deadly Dragoon Warrior?
    [X] No

13. Fallenblades643

Fallenblades643 Canned food pls?

[X] Query our opponent. Do they wish to push things to the next level?

14. codeRR

codeRR Heroic spirit unkown

Deadly Dragoon Warrior?
    [X] No

Yeah no, if it was dragon hybrid I would be more accepting of it but going full dragon is not a good idea. I don't know the show but don't they fight monster shaped beings a lot? If so then it's a horrible idea...and breaks the overlord rule about turning into a snake

It doesn't help

actually our opponent made me realize our biggest flaw...going all out drains us hard...and we lose our skills really quickly

We have a endurance problem with people who are fast and tanky...but we have charms to fix that

If we get ether Supreme Perfection or Infinite Mastery (both is even better) we kind solve our problem

Of the 2 Infinite Mastery would be really useful right now

Sol Mark-1 and Least Devotee like this.
  15. Warslick

Warslick I trust you know where the happy button is?

Deadly Dragoon Warrior?
    [X] No

16. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

[X] Query our opponent. Do they wish to push things to the next level?

17. EternitynChaos

Yeah Infinite Martial Arts Mastery is probably something we should really look at getting sooner rather then later, 18 motes committed to that at present and we could use max excellency's for the whole scene without worry of running out of motes, we're sadly one Essence short for SP however but yes it is a nice charm as well. And as no one else has seen fit to do one, and everyone is basically in agreement on the whole no DDW thing I'll see about finding something to get my muse awake and aware and working on a stunt I guess

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  18. codeRR

Wait were 1 short? Fuck!

Ok then....wow that really sucks right now as I was going to suggest it for next purchase

Hm...what else can we do here? Just keep punching him is not working so....what dragon knack applications do we have access to would be good for this?

19. Diller

We could try to hit him with a wind dragon wave to fifer him and take away two of his dice.

20. codeRR

We have that...

Have we used dragon shot yet?

21. Diller

I believe one of the previous parts mentioned a golden beam shooting through the roof but I don't remember us specifically calling for dragon shot.

Thank god we found about how fast going all out drain us in a friendly fight compared to a life or death battle. Hoping BB will help mitigate that with the ability to keep boosting as long as we. Have stamina instead if having to wait for boosts.

Back to the fight at hand

Think we could get a clinch on him?

22. codeRR

Say we do and he doesn't flip it, then what?

23. Stroth

That's probably our anima actually. It should be at full power by now.

I think we could, but going for a clinch on the guy who can shoot blades out of his clothes at pretty much any angle is a losing proposition.

24. Diller

Which is why we have the gauntlets of distant touch.

Kite him until he's unconsious.

25. Stroth

I forgot about those. Yeah, Dragon Coil Technique and gauntlets of distant touch. We need to kill his mobility and we've almost certainly got the advantage when grappling. That's one combat style he's not going to be familiar with using, due to the fact that it's normally suicide to use against him.

26. EternitynChaos

I would like to note we have healed the damage we have taken so this is a stalemate so far, dragon shot without a full overdrive pool is a loosing bet, clinching him, well, he can make sharp things come from anywhere on him, its kinda like trying to hug a hedgehog you know, only made of steel knives, if we can last another 2 boosts we should be able to last, as then we can fight using the overdrive pools if we motetap and just regain motes through stunts while using them.

Also yeah SP needs 5 Ability Essense 5, Infinite Martial Arts Mastery however only requires MA:4 E:3 so we can get it now should we have the time and inclination

*Gauntlets of Distant Touch* ah, right forgot about those, well that works as well, and since we have already activated them previously it's not going to cost us more motes

want me to work that into the stunt?

arcadex5 and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  27. Diller

Surprised people forgot them we used them earlier. Yeah please incorporate them eternity. We need to get this guy to stay still so we can either wait out for the boosts or just wail on him the second we got him.

Dragon Coil technique + gauntlets of distant touch + E4 means we can one hand clinch someone from 12 yards away. That shit just ain't fair and I love it. Good old fashioned Glorious Solar bullshit

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  28. noahgab1133

so what situations would be good for turning into a dragon? I'd assume ones where we want to kill the opponent since that forms ups lethal by a lot!

29. EternitynChaos

Well, here it is, hope you like it

Deadly Dragoon Warrior?
    [X] No

What is your next action?
    [X] continue as before but use Gauntlets of Distant Touch and Dragon Coil Technique to clinch and try and grind him into submission since punching him in the face hasn't worked so far, if nothing else, maybe it will let us build more Boosts if nothing else

Stunt
    [X] You settled back into a ready stance again a grin on your face, No, no need to cost yourself another pair of pants and break out the Dragoon form, it still needed work anyway; just as you came to that conclusion Kurotabou was again on the attack, this time with a Yari, rather then taking the obvious route and dodging to the left or right you instead pressed your wings tightly against our back as you reached out guiding the spear slightly down as you sprung, launching yourself into the air and over Kurotabou's back. He swiftly turned, seeming surprised to find you not pressing the attack as you had previously when finding yourself in a similar position, instead you had taken a position some 10 feet away from him, his visible eye widened as he took in where you were shrouded in your glowing anima banner, acting as if it was a part of you, which if you thought about it really it was you motioned with your hand as if to grasp something and the massive dragon that was your anima banner reached out and seemed to pluck the dodging Kurotabou out of the air, then began to squeeze.

Trooper1021 and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  30. noahgab1133

[X] EternitynChaos

well that is a rather awesome stunt!