1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

[X] "Ah Nice to meet all of you. I am Hyodo Issei."
    -[X] when asked what we're doing here: "I've been in town on business and Rikuo's family has been kind enough to give me a place to stay while I finish that up.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Warslick

Warslick I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] "Ah Nice to meet all of you. I am Hyodo Issei
    -[X] when asked what we're doing here: "I've been in town on business and Rikuo's family has been kind enough to give me a place to stay while I finish that up.

3. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

4. Justbrowsing

Justbrowsing Not too sore, are you?

I don't feel like we'd react that easily to this situation, so as an alternative:

[X] "...Hello?"

Then we can lead into the explanation offered above, after the initial mutual exchange of WTF.

5. Threadmarks: Youkai Yakuza - Part 13
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

----

Okay, the situation is tense: you didn't expect them and they didn't expect you. No problem, you can defuse the tension just right.

"Hi-" You begin.

Only to have one hundred pounds of amorous female latching onto your arm not even five tenths of second after you uttered the first letter. "Nice to meet you sempai!" The blonde girl looks up at you with eyes that have taken the form of hearts. "My name is Maki Saori! My hobbies are shopping and listening to Hikaru Utada's songs. I am also a huge fan of Isuna Hasekura."

In the ensuing deafening silence you could hear a pin dropping. In absence of that what was clearly heard is the sound of all those present, minus Maki, sweatdropping.

"But let's stop talking about me! Let's talk about you sempai! Are you single?"

The feeling of being a pedophile skyrockets through the rooftop.

----

"Buhahahahahahaha!!!"

Inside Issei's landscape, in what is a perfect reproduction of the once venerable, flying Creation city of Tzatli, under a sunless white sky the Heavenly Dragon Ddraig is resting on his back, limbs moving back and forth as if he is trying to run in the air and tail rhythmically slamming on the ground with earth-shattering force.

Oh, and he is laughing his ass off. More precisely as his current partner's later "predicament".

"Is that really the Great Welsh?" A past possessor whose age is close to Issei's dryly comments while slurping on a milkshake. "How the mighty has fallen."

"I wouldn't say that." Elsha, who is sitting nearby, speaks up. "Compared to us, who didn't bother to communicate with him and just used his power until we became drunk on it, the time with Ise-kun was much more lively. If anything, this is a much better result."

"Oh yeah? Because life is totally so kind to let this continue and don't get it to bite him in the back."

"Fate bows to the will of the Exalted." A new voice chides. "First to the Chosen of the Maidens, and above them to the Chosen of the Most High."

"Oh! Welcome back Your Highness." Elsha greets the ancient Solar, while the other possessor tries to become invisible with his mind. "It's been a while since we last met. You should leave your laboratory more, staying cooped up there all the time isn't healthy."

"No need. I have everything under control." She instantly dismisses Elsha's concerns.

The blonde frowns but decides to stay silent, knowing well that getting past the Solar's massive ego isn't something that can be accomplished in a few hours. "Al...right. Actually, there is something I want to ask you."

Bright looks out at the vast emptiness, the body in the pose of a ship captain who contemplate the sea while thinking about the great mysteries of life. "What is it?"

Elsha takes a deep breath. "Juggernaut Drive is still active." It was not a question, but a statement.

"What?" The other possessor shouts. "Wasn't the curse removed?!"

"The curse. However, Boosted Gear still retains the ability to temporarily release Ddraig's full power. Ise-kun will not go mad if he uses it, but his lifeforce will be consumed all the same."

"Correct." Bright says without turning around. "A weapon that kill the user as well is less than useless. That's what my researches are about."

"Your-!" Elsha's eyes lights up. "Did you find an alternative?"

"I did. Really, it was obvious."

Bright's lips peel up in a smirk.

"If you need a sacrifice, just use something else."

----

"-And that's how it is." After, somehow, removing Maki from your arm you and the others make the customary greetings. Turn out that they are Rikuo's classmates and members, together with him and Tsurara, of a club called "Kiyojuji Paranormal Investigation Squad" dedicated to investigate youkai.

Now, why two youkai would join such a club escapes you, but right now you have to give up on asking for an explanation.

"I've been in town on business and Rikuo-kun's family has been kind enough to give me a place to stay while I finish that up."

"Exactly!" Rikuo exclaims, sitting between you and Maki to act as a shield. "That's all there is to it. Nothing strange here!"

'Oh right, because that doesn't sound like a very suspicious denial at all.' You think with sarcasm.

"In that case I welcome you to Ukiyoe sempai." The one with wavy black hair, you learned his name is Kiyotsugu. They're a lively bunch.

"...." Except, you can't shake the feeling of someone staring at you with frightful intensity. Tilting your head slightly you discover that, yes, the petite girl, called Keikain Yura, is still staring at you. She's doing that since the beginning.

You decide to just ask directly. "...Do I have something on my face?"

PAF

Yes. Yes you have: because Yura just stuck something on your forehead.

"..." Everyone don't move a muscle, waiting with bated breaths.

"...Nothing?" There is shock and puzzlement in Yura's voice. "But, I was sure..."

You take off the thing she stuck. "An evil-repelling charm?" You ask with a raised eyebrow, waving the stick of paper with numerous kanji. "Should I feel insulted?"

"Wha-?! No no no no! Please forgive me!" Yura, in a panic, bows so deeply her forehead smashes on the tatami. After nursing the bruise she continues. "It's just, I was sure I felt a huge spiritual presence. But I couldn't identify it, so I didn't know what to do...I must have been mistaken."

"You see sempai, Yura-chan is an Onmyoji." Torii-san puts her hands on her shoulders. "She hunts youkai as a profession."

An Onmyoji? In a Youkai house? You aren't sure what to think of that.

Kiyotsugu claps his hands. "Okay! While usually one of Yura-chan's intuition is great news, today we have something even better prepared." Behind him the guy with orange hair, Jiro Shima, is assembling a projector and a screen. "Sempai, are you interested in the supernatural?"

"Er..." You look away, trying to steel on your features. "I listen to rumors. Do this counts?"

"No no! This is not enough!" He declares. "What I bring you are not just rumors, but fool-proof evidence!"

"Oh God." Maki laments. "Another youkai story?"

"Not this time!" They actually look surprised. "Today the Kiyojuji Squad will explore a new territory. What I bring today, is the story of the [Golden Dragon of Kuoh]!"

You are sure that, if you were drinking, you would have done a spit-take.

[Pfffffff!!]

Luckily one of your sempai does it for you. So you settle for merely sweating bullets.

"Kuoh? Do you mean that famous school for rich people?"

"Exactly." He announces proudly, activating the projector and showing the slide of a web forum. "Originally girls-only, it turned co-ed two years ago."

You know. After all, you were among the group of males that has the honors of finally stepping inside the school premise.

"This happened two weeks ago." Kiyotsugu continues. "On a seemly normal day, the students who were taking classes noticed flashes of light that were coming from a closed-off area of the school. Then, before they stopped, this appeared."

Click!

Everyone gasps. And with good reasons: the pic is terribly out of focus, but you recognize it immediately.

It's the dragon from your Anima Banner. How the hell did they take it? Didn't the Student Council cancelled the witnesses' memories?!?

"Many of those present that day don't remember or have hazed memories, clearly an attempt to cover it up!, but some of those with a cellphone took pictures and sent them to friends living in another locations, and others texted on forums."

The prized Devil Magic, defeated by technology. Well to be fair only Fallen Angel Magic, thanks to Azazel, works on computers and the like, but still!

"Kuoh..?" Rikuo ponders, turning to you. "Isn't where you go to school sempa-!" He stops as realization hits him, but sadly the damage is already done.

All eyes turn to you. "Seriously?! You go to Kuoh?" Kiyotsugu asks.

You weakly nod, not trusting your voice at the moment.

"Awesome! Then, do you know what happened that day?"

'Oh, nothing much. That dragon was actually me: I am not a dragon, but I can transform into one because I have the soul of a godlike dragon sealed inside a god-slaying spiritual weapon that the God from the Bible put into my soul when I was born. That day a Devil Phoenix threatened to kill my friends, so I beat his ass in retaliation. This causes the barrier that kept supernatural events hidden to break, so the Student Council, who is composed of Devils, had to repair it and wipe the memories of all witnesses. But they didn't a good job.'

"..."

'There is no way I can say thaaaaaaaaaaatttt!!!!'

[] Write-in.
    ----

In case you're wondering Sona is still trying to delete all images from the Internet. With the results you can expect.

6. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

Poor, poor Sona. So overworked, so under appreciated. So not going to manage to do jack.

[X] "Well that's the first time I've heard any rumors along those lines myself. And I can't say that I've seen that photo before. Course that would have been around the time that one guy picked a fight with me that landed both of us in the hospital for a few days."

7. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

[X] "The truth is..." look side to side as if checking for eavesdroppers then lean in. "it's a secret."
    -[X] "But seriously I got into a pretty nasty fight that day and both of us landed in the hospital so I'm the wrong person to ask."
    --[X] "Bastard was stalking a girl and had... intentions I took exception to, violently."

We can't lie for shit so let's not even try. If they take a road trip and come snooping around Kuoh then they'll run into someone who will fix their memories for us.

Asdercol, Nickballas, TheWave and 4 others like this.
  8. Galeiam

Galeiam Optimistically Asexual.

[X]With a straight face say
    "A Giant Dragon embodying the spirit of the Sun came down from the Heavens in order to smite the blasphemous words of a Pheonix.

9. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

[X] "Well that's the first time I've heard any rumors along those lines myself. And I can't say that I've seen that photo before. Course that would have been around the time that one guy picked a fight with me that landed both of us in the hospital for a few days."

10. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Yes, because using essence in the presence of an onmyouji can't possibly go wrong.

11. cross_grave

We already used motes from our personal pool in the presence of several devils and it worked out. First meeting with Rias, remember?

Besides, she strikes me as someone who is perhaps smart enough not to get her friends into something potentially dangerous.

12. Warslick

Well we are hungry, maybe Onmyouji tastes like chicken, lets find out.

Yeah, not a great idea to use essence around her, she might not know what we are doing but she might be able to tell that we are doing something.

13. Galeiam

um....where the hell did you get any of those impressions.
    First she has sensed us passively while doing nothing.
    Then she just went and slapped an evil disrupption tag on us?
    How does any of that seem smart.

14. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] "The truth is..." look side to side as if checking for eavesdroppers then lean in. "it's a secret."
    -[X] "But seriously I got into a pretty nasty fight that day and both of us landed in the hospital so I'm the wrong person to ask."
    --[X] "Bastard was stalking a girl and had... intentions I took exception to, violently."

15. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

[JK] "You had one job Sona. One. Job."

Least Devotee likes this.
  16. Warslick

With you on that. Children are impulsive and she seems to be just as impulsive as any other. You would think that she would be trained to no go off half cocked she did. How was she able to ID our spiritual energy but not that of the other Yokai? Do they have a method to conceal theirs, or is our spiritual capacity so high that she can actually sense it?

17. cross_grave

Problem is, we're terrible at lying without our cheats. You might have a point here, though. Tricky.

And I think I recall someone mentioning in story earlier that she had tried to exorcise some of Rikuo's comrades before.

Wow, the more I think about it, the more I can't help but think I may have had a rather terrible idea. Though I would not be suprised if she links us to the case somehow. Unless she discards her previous premonition...

18. Galeiam

My write in is to baffle them with the bullshit truth.

19. cross_grave

Considered the possibility of them taking it seriously? I mean, they ARE self-proclaimed youkai hunters.

20. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

You know, we could keep it simple and just say we were in a place in school without windows. Restroom or something. Thus we saw nothing, only heard rumors of people talking about it.

21. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Or we could just straight up tell them the truth. They get exposed to the supernatural later and nothing bad happens cause of it.

22. Aleh

Aleh Destroyer of Faith in Humanity

Although Galeiam's plan is a close runner-up IMHO.

23. cross_grave

Except Rikuo warned us earlier via handsigns not to do something like that... And honestly, even if nothing bad happened in canon cause of it, it's still horribly irresponsible of us to do it now. Especially since Alex might throw us a curveball if we do that.

24. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Want to know when they found out? During the kyoto arc. They still didn't end up hating Rikuo.

25. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Not our decision to tell regardless.

26. cross_grave

^ What he said. Also,

This... Doesn't mean much for someone not familiar with the plot of the original manga.

27. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Is it just me, or is Bright planning on sacrificing our sempais for the Juggernaut Drive?

28. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Irrelevant meta-knowledge is irrelevant. They are normals so far as Issei knows, and he has a responsibility to keep them that way.

29. Justbrowsing

Justbrowsing Not too sore, are you?

[X] I remember the rumors going around, one of the clubs made some pictures on a computer. I think it was supposed to be a recruitment drive or something.

If they talked to someone from Kuoh they might know about the existence of the Paranormal Research Club (AKA Rias and her peerage). If one of them mentioned this club Issei could just say they were the club that did the photos to stir up interest. This might deflect their attention, or if they try to come and visit a 'fellow research club' Sona could take another shot at her "These are not the Youkai you're looking for" spells.

The fight excuse is another good way to deflect attention, we should certainly use that. Leave out some of the details and it becomes "Some rich ponce tried to push a girl around just because his family is a big deal. I wouldn't stand for that and we fought it out."

Keep an eye on Maki after you say that, she might try another glomp.

30. Galeiam

I really don't see how knowing when they find out is in anyway relevant 0o...if they Kyoto arc had passed it would be fine.