1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

[X] "The truth is... it's a secret."

2. Noctum

Noctum I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] "Well that's the first time I've heard any rumors along those lines myself. And I can't say that I've seen that photo before. Course that would have been around the time that one guy picked a fight with me that landed both of us in the hospital for a few days."

It's technically the truth. Which makes it the best kind of lie.

Least Devotee likes this.
  3. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

[X] "Well that's the first time I've heard any rumors along those lines myself. And I can't say that I've seen that photo before. Course that would have been around the time that one guy picked a fight with me that landed both of us in the hospital for a few days."

4. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

[X] "Oh, nothing much. That dragon was actually me: I am not a dragon, but I can transform into one because I have the soul of a godlike dragon sealed inside a god-slaying spiritual weapon that the God from the Bible put into my soul when I was born. That day a Devil Phoenix threatened to kill my friends, so I beat his ass in retaliation. This causes the barrier that kept supernatural events hidden to break, so the Student Council, who is composed of Devils, had to repair it and wipe the memories of all witnesses. But they didn't a good job."
    -[X] ...why is everyone staring at you like that? You blink, a feeling of dread coming over you. "...I just said that out loud, didn't I?"

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  5. ragoogar

ragoogar Versed in the lewd.

[X] "The truth is..." look side to side as if checking for eavesdroppers then lean in. "it's a secret."
    -[X] "But seriously I got into a pretty nasty fight that day and both of us landed in the hospital so I'm the wrong person to ask."
    --[X] "Bastard was stalking a girl and had... intentions I took exception to, violently."

6. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

[X] "The truth is..." look side to side as if checking for eavesdroppers then lean in. "it's a secret."
    -[X] "But seriously I got into a pretty nasty fight that day and both of us landed in the hospital so I'm the wrong person to ask."
    --[X] "Bastard was stalking a girl and had... intentions I took exception to, violently."

7. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

8. Drakebane

Drakebane Well worn.

9. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] "Oh, nothing much. That dragon was actually me: I am not a dragon, but I can transform into one because I have the soul of a godlike dragon sealed inside a god-slaying spiritual weapon that the God from the Bible put into my soul when I was born. That day a Devil Phoenix threatened to kill my friends, so I beat his ass in retaliation. This causes the barrier that kept supernatural events hidden to break, so the Student Council, who is composed of Devils, had to repair it and wipe the memories of all witnesses. But they didn't a good job."
    -[X] ...why is everyone staring at you like that? You blink, a feeling of dread coming over you. "...I just said that out loud, didn't I?"

10. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Actually Issei is a dragon do to being able to tap in to a power source that represents power overwhelming.

11. Warslick

Warslick I trust you know where the happy button is?

Really guys, lets not do this one.

12. backgroundnoise

backgroundnoise "What the fuck penis?! I trusted you!"

[X] I remember the rumors going around, one of the clubs made some pictures on a computer. I think it was supposed to be a recruitment drive or something.

13. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

14. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

That is such a Solar answer.

15. Thraz

Thraz Person Who Lurks

[X] "The truth is... look side to side as if checking for eavesdroppers then lean in. "it's a secret."

16. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

17. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

18. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

I find myself worried as to the 'something else' being used as a sacrifice, but Issei doesn't seem to be aware if that, yet.

19. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

ditch the last part, it's too exciting.

[X] "Well that's the first time I've heard any rumours along those lines myself. And I've never seen that photo before. Or at-least I don't remember seeing it. If it was real and covered up then... Then again, it looks pretty low-quality, it's probably more likely that nobody remembers it happening because the picture was photoshopped?"

If theres memory-loss and a cover-up, then we have a perfect excuse for not knowing anything about it.

we also have memory magic, right?

lets leave that as a last resort, i doubt it would work on yura.

edit :

do we even know what day it was?

come on, less infomation is better, pretend to be average and normal, don't brag about getting into fights.

20. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

21. Lone Wolf 666

Lone Wolf 666 Versed in the lewd.

22. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

23. Dreadis

Dreadis No idea whats going on

24. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Not an update, but if someone can do a tally I will write one tomorrow. Now, about your questions:
    Yura was shown to possess very sharp instincts. In her previous instincts she was able to sense the energy given off by youkai, but since they were suppressing it the reading was so vague it could be explained as a false positive. Finding no evidence of youkai presence Yura convinced herself she imagined it.

Now, in the case of Issei there are several elements working against him:
    -An Exaltation is anything but subtle. Night Caste and others with Stealth can use Charms, and using Personal Essence doesn't activate the Caste Mark/Anima Banner, but even alone that piece of divine power is constantly screaming "LOOK AT HOW FABOLOUS I AM AS I BURN WITH THE HEAT OF THE SUUUUUNNNN!!!" on the metaphysical scale.
    -Ddraig. Dragon.

Imagine if you would a plastic bottle, closed but filled to the brink with water that glow as if someone melt fireflies in it. Issei's power isn't pouring out, but by virtue of being what it is cannot be ignored.

Your saving grace is that Yura has never met something similar, and while he can tentatively pinpoint the source to Issei she isn't sure. She is stuck in a state of indecision, and as long as she stays in it she will do nothing.
    This. At the moment there is nothing that suggest to Issei that revealing the supernatural to them is anything but a bad idea.

Other questions? I'm feeling generous today. Ask anything.

25. Galeiam

Galeiam Optimistically Asexual.

Eh..her sharp instincts didn't save her from being an idiot by slapping a tag on an unknown entity that is So noticeable while still looking human.
    Bit late on that one.

26. al103

al103 Not too sore, are you?

Well, this one is kinda funny... as far as I can remember.
    Hereditary tendency to stumble in some shit or other.
    Hereditary retainer of the above.
    Cursed girl.
    Fate-bound priestess. Well, if events would go at least somewhat as canon... probably even if they don't.
    OK, nothing on this one.
    Exorcist.
    Because they are about as normal as Brazilian carnival in the middle of Siberian winter?

TheWave and Least Devotee like this.
  27. Galeiam

Galeiam Optimistically Asexual.

wayyyyy late there...

28. Alexander

?? Don't follow.

Anyway, this win. Writing now.

29. Threadmarks: Youkai Yakuza - Part 14
    Alexander

----

Yay. No way. Nope. Absolutely not. 'Thinkthinkthink-! Idea!'

"The truth is..." You look side to side as if checking for eavesdroppers then lean in.

With your best shit-eating grin. "It's a secret!"

Wow, simultaneous face-fault from all seven, in perfect synchrony. Nifty. You the do your best to appear sorry. "But seriously, I got into a pretty nasty fight during that period and both of us landed in the hospital so I'm the wrong person to ask."

"A fight?" Tsurara asks. Beside her Rikuo is clearly relieved at the narrow escape.

You nod, clicking your tongue. "Bastard was stalking a girl and had... intentions I took exception to, violently."

"So gallant!" Aaand, Maki is back to trying to fuse with your arm. "By my Azure Prince too!"

'Sorry Maki-chan, I ain't touching anything below fifteen years old. Come back in a few years.

...Oh Ignis Divine, why thinking that make me feel so dirty?!?'

"A pity." Kiyotsugu says disappointed, unaware of your internal discomfort. "But I suppose it can't be helped. I prepared a presentation yesterday, but maybe..." He turns to Yura. "Keikain-san would like to regard us with her knowledge on the subject?"

"Eh?" By her expression it's clear she is not used to be at the center of the attention. "I don't...Onmyoji deals with youkai and evil spirits, so there isn't much I know about dragons. I'm still in training after all."

"Don't worry about it."

"...Okay." She takes a moment to collect her thoughts. Everyone shift their positions to look at her.

"Dragons come into two main categories." She begins. "The European Dragon and the Chinese Dragon. The one in the photo, if real, it's of the European variety."

Shima-san raises his hand. "What is the difference between the two?"

"First is body structure: they both have reptilian traits, but the European Dragon has a lizard-like body with wings, while the Chinese Dragon has the body of a serpent and lacks wings and often even limbs. There is also the matter of their personalities: the Europeans are violent and very aggressive while the Chinese's tend to be more calm, reacting badly only when provoked."

[That is discrimination.] Ddraig sneers.

'Isn't it the truth?'

[It's the principle of the matter!]

"The most important thing to remember, is that they are fundamentally different from other types of Ayakashi." She raises a finger. "Akifusa-niisama once told me that 'Dragons are what they are because of their ego'."

"What does that mean?" Kana-san asks.

"Ah, I didn't understand it well too..." She hangs her head down in shame. "He said that, while Youkai need to be feared in order to increase in power, dragons don't need to rely on outside influences. Because of their pride, arrogance and self-assurance they just need to age in order to gather power."

Rikuo and Tsurara looks at you. You shake your head and hand in denial.

"Their power is what define them, and their forms is just an accessory. They are said to be accomplished shapeshifters, because their physically form doesn't influence their strength. However because of their pride they refuse to assume anything but the largest and physically strongest body shape. Coupled with their immense spiritual power, in ancient times people worshipped them as gods. While they are few in number, it's not rare for the guardian deity of important places be a dragon."

"Wait. I just realized something." Maki stops trying to get past Rikuo to you and blinks in confusion. "What is an European Dragon doing in Japan?"

"That's...true." Kiyotsugu says slowly. "The material I found says they like to live in wild areas devoid of human presence, and usually don't cross seas."

[Usually. Albion and I used to cross the Mediterranean Sea a lot during the winters. I went to Iraq to mock Aži Dahāka in his seal, while Albion went to Egypt to fight Apophis.]

'...You know? It says a lot, that the two of you would consider picking a fight with two of the strongest and more dangerous Evil Dragons in existence for shit and giggles.'

[Ohi ohi, we didn't do it for shit and giggles. Apophis once tried to eat Albion, while Aži Dahāka once cursed me with a curse of misfortune: for a year I kept slamming my poor knee against absurdly hard boulders.]

What amaze you the most is that they spent thousands of years doing those kind of things and nothing else.

"This is obviously a mystery! And it's the duty of the Kiyojuji Paranormal Investigation Squad to investigate mysteries!" Kiyotsugu jumps up in palpable excitement. "That's why we will make a trip to Kuoh to investigate!"

"WHAAAAT!?" You shout together with the others.

Undaunted he continues. "Sempai, would you do the honors and be our chaperon? It would make things easier."

'For you, but not for me. Rias will understand, but Sona will have my balls as payment!'

[] Write-in.
    ----

Spoiler for vol.17:
    They have a floating island in the Underworld. Maintained by Ajuka's servants, it's the origin of Evil Pieces.

Who want to bet that Bright will want to claim it and found Tzatli 2 once she sees it?

30. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

[X] Explain that you're already on thin-ice for being caught fighting by the student president, who is pretty strict and probably would take a dim view of anyone besides faculty or attending students on campus without permission. Suggest they write her first, and if she authorizes it we would be willing to show them around.

Why not just pass the buck to Sona? We admitted we were caught fighting so that's a perfectly legitimate excuse for why we can't help unauthorized people on campus. She really did give us a hefty punishment for being caught fighting anyways.

Edit-It's also a good reason why they shouldn't ask us to intercede. A student caught for fighting isn't the best person to ask for permission from people from another school to wander around school ground.