1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Galeiam

Galeiam Optimistically Asexual.

Yes..it's oddly well thought out for a vote that didn't get dissected...This is so weird for QQ...

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  2. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

[X] Explain that you're already on thin-ice for being caught fighting by the student president, who is pretty strict and probably would take a dim view of anyone besides faculty or attending students on campus without permission. Suggest they write her first, and if she authorizes it we would be willing to show them around.
    -[X] First time you get the chance, give Sona or Rias a call and explain the situation to them, including the bit about the photo they missed...maybe ask for advice?

3. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

This is why we should have spent more time learning hacking charms. Help get the photos down.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  4. Galeiam

Wait....you mean there was an option to get hacking charms....and people turned them down?
    Really...wth? How did this get by.

5. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

We have had many other priorities.

TheWave, Sol Mark-1 and Least Devotee like this.
  6. Galeiam

Forgot to add "me" at the end of that sentence. It must've been before I joined quest otherwise I'd be truly unbearably overbearing on getting those...this is the tech age....

7. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

Basically every time we've intended to finally get our hacking charms something came up that delayed 'em and used up the xp we'd meant to use for them. Azazel and Raiser are examples of such interference's.

8. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

The main reason we wanted them in the first place was to earn a source of income by hacking the bank accounts of terrorist groups and stuff. Then Azazel paid us something like a zillion yen for the data we let him farm off of Boosted Gear and our money troubles vanished.

9. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

True, but it was still a series of delays that meant we didn't get our hacking charms like we'd intended to.

10. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

[X] Explain that you're already on thin-ice for being caught fighting by the student president, who is pretty strict and probably would take a dim view of anyone besides faculty or attending students on campus without permission. Suggest they write her first, and if she authorizes it we would be willing to show them around.
    -[X] First time you get the chance, give Sona or Rias a call and explain the situation to them, including the bit about the photo they missed...maybe ask for advice?

good vote, also bright is probably gonna have one of those spoiled brat reactions of IWANTIWANTIWANTIWANT when Issei gets to the island.

11. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

12. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

13. Justbrowsing

Justbrowsing Not too sore, are you?

14. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

Vote Change.

15. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

16. Galeiam

Hacking charms are so much more useful than just bank accounts.

17. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Yes, but that's the only thing that we actually wanted it for, so it lost priority.

18. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

19. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Moar plot hooks(?) for this quest!
    [img width=36 height=600]http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Japanese+Urban+Legends_643386_5206841.jpg[/img]

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  20. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Oh hey, that's exactly what I needed to read right before bed! :mad:

21. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

I've read about the Kushisake Onna before. Allegedly you can get away if you say she's so-so, or average. I haven't been able to find out what happens if you try to get her bogged down in a philosophical discussion on what beauty is, precisely, which is what I really want to know.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  22. Galeiam

I've tried...it won't end well....for her that is.
    It will break down the basis of her origin and remove all of her dominant abilities...leaving her as an emaciated corpse.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  23. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

"The Girl from the Gap"?

...Wait.

[img width=350 height=600]http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130130183859/villains/images/c/c7/Yukari_Yakumo.png[/img]

Trust ZUN to take the seemly more innocuous legends and give them reality broken powers.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  24. Lon

Lon Well worn.

Holy shit, that's true. Yukari has been known to spirit people from the outside into Gensokyo for various reasons.

Mind = blown

25. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

I instantly made the connection between Yukari being the Legend of Gap Girls.

26. Threadmarks: Youkai Yakuza - Part 15
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

----

"I would love to." In a sense. "Buuut, I'm already on thin-ice for being caught fighting by the student president, who is pretty strict. She will probably take a dim view of anyone besides faculty or attending students on campus without permission."

You quickly suggest a solution. "However you should write her first and ask for permission, to show you follow the rules. If she authorizes it I will surely show you around."

"True, true." Kiyotsugu nods sagely. "We can't just show up out of nowhere. Plus I need to rent a house in the vicinity." He takes out a iPhone and starts typing.

'Uff. Crisis averted.'

"Master!" Eiko steps inside the room holding a tray full of steaming cups. "Eiko prepared green tea. Would Master like some?"

'...God hates me.'

[He has a hate-boner for serpents and dragons, yes.]

----

Luckily the others mistook Eiko for one of those working for Rikuo, and you ordered her telepathically to play along.

Even if Keikain Yura kept switching from staring at you to her and viceversa, as if she couldn't believe what she was seeing but didn't know what to do either.

When they finally leave you and Rikuo breath out a sigh in relief. "That was close."

"Too much for my tastes." Rikuo silently cries. "This is only the second time, but I'm already hating it."

"Was what the Onmyoji girl said true?" Tsurara suddenly ask.

""Eh?"" The both of you turn to her at the same time.

She blushes slightly. "About dragons." She fidgets. "Alright I'm curious! So what?!"

Eiko covers her mouth with a fan.

"Nothing, nothing." You reassure her. "It wasn't...totally wrong."

You begin explaining, Ddraig occasionally telling you info you weren't aware of. "There are dragons, and then there are Dragons. With the capital 'D'. The first are things that look what you expect dragons to however they don't have the raw power of the ones you hear about in myth and legend. They are the first [stage] of dragons."

You make air quotes at the [stage] word.

"Dragons are not beings who acquired power. They are power. They began as massive masses of energy that somehow gained intelligence. They however had no purpose so they just raged around like wild animals. Most of the dragons that exist today are like that. A Dragon instead has gained a purpose for their power. With a specific goal comes greater focus and more intelligence, and that's how those who appear in legends and myths appeared."

"Oooh." Both children have stars in their eyes. "Does this make you a dragon with a purpose Hyodo-san?"

"Almost." You wave your hand. "I'm still young, but I cheat by having an elder dragon tutoring me and sharing part of his energy with me. We're teacher and student so to say."

[Never thought I would take a student. Then again nowadays few people take dragons seriously. What's with all of us dragons of legend either sealed or missing. Maybe new blood is what it takes.]

"Young Master!" Kurotabou literally jumps inside. "I finally found you!"

----

Once things calmed down you and Kurotabou explained your findings.

"Are you sure Kuro?" Rikuo asks with a worried expression.

"I double checked when I came back. No member of the Nura Clan was ever assigned to that place."

"Uhm..." He starts pondering with an intense expression. After a few minutes he speaks again. "Soon there will be a new gathering of the Heads."

"I am aware." Kuro answers. You didn't, but it isn't important.

"With their mistrust in my leadership's abilities and grandfather's absence, we will not be able to present an united front unless I show them some result to convince them. I already assigned a mission to Gyuuki, but..."

He seems to reach a conclusion. "Kuro. Hyodo-sempai. Can I ask you to investigate and stop this youkai? Not only because you were the one to find it, but in your case sempai I want the others to trust you. But without concrete proofs..."

You raise a hand to stop him. "Say no more. I said I will help, and nothing will stop me from respecting my promise. You can count of me."

"And on me Young Master." Kuro straightens his posture.

He smiles. "Thanks guys! Oh, but the gathering will be held in three days so you need to finish it before that."

A time limit. A new problem, but it will give you new experience for similar opportunities in the future.

[] Submit a strategy to handle the mission (write-in)

[] Optional. Do you what to do something before the mission?
    -[] Yes. What? (write-in)
    -[] No

----

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  27. ragoogar

ragoogar Versed in the lewd.

I actually don't know how motes and the whole thing with Exalted works, so I can't suggest a specific strategy. I do know though that it is better to perform recon first before plunging into an unknown situation.

Maybe have someone with high stealth capabilities perform recon while you gather your forces/head to the area and assess the enemy strength/capabilities, wait for more info and refine your strategy there.

If the place is spyproof, then use an unconventional entrance ala-Dynamic Entry to hopefully catch them off guard.

If collateral damage can be contained/ignored/disregarded either via spells or SEP-field inducing techniques, then maybe go all out and enter via High Altitude Drop while aiming for the most obvious heat/power/youkai signature, like an ODST, or a bunker buster missile. That's probably shocking enough to knock someone out.

28. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

we don't HAVE anyone who is high stealth to be honest >.> combat strategy I can do but I'm going to have to leave this to someone else, because the best I can think of is Issei walking in bold as brass with a fully charged Boosted Gear and dealing with the problem, subtle our Issei is not ^^; any of the really funky shit can probably be countered by IPP on a personal level as well so their is that, ymmv of course

Sol Mark-1 and Least Devotee like this.
  29. ragoogar

ragoogar Versed in the lewd.

No stealth? well, like I said, if Collateral damage is no issue, and everyone inside is an enemy, then why not drop Issei like a bomb/missile? Or go the Kiritsugu-route and level the place with explosives/techniques? Though that's probably going too far.

If it's a public building, maybe go do the Trojan horse route, and pose as a maintenance crew/pest control/CDC or something.

30. Galeiam

Eiko is technically high stealth...