1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Galeiam

Galeiam Optimistically Asexual.

His nature as a Twilight allows him to view the mechanics behind all mystic arts...in essence this means the illusion is just about not there for him other than a central matrix of energy.

2. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Essentially Anima let's him Byakugan his was past genjutsu. Or it should and converse Bright should have ordered that.

3. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

You know we can punch the ground firing off a Powered Dragon Shot and let the debris both real and illusion ping off IPp if Anima fails somehow.

4. Galeiam

...lets try to avoid mass property damage...

5. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

[X] "Oh you poor dumb bastard. This is really not a fight you should have picked."
    - [X]Anima powers activate! Form of: "I can see through illusions you idiot."

6. Galeiam

Prince is Early!

7. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

[X] "Oh you poor dumb bastard. This is really not a fight you should have picked."
    - [X]Anima powers activate! Form of: I can see through illusions you idiot.

8. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

He asked specifically about charms that negate illusions. An Anima ability is something entirely different. She's obviously testing Issei. And planning another 'training' session if he forgets that literally the most basic ability he has as a Twilight lets him see through illusions.

Least Devotee likes this.
  9. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

- [X]Anima powers activate! Form of: I can see through illusions you idiot.

10. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwzAkv7oa1Y
    Have fun.

11. Galeiam

been awhile since i saw that...

12. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Doesn't show anything for me.

13. Galeiam

Lol you're too young to view it.

14. Threadmarks: Youkai Yakuza - Part 22
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Damn. If only you had a skill to see through illusions. Sadly the world isn't convenient.

'....Illusions?'

Then one memory from Bright-sensei hits you like a ton of bricks and you want to kick yourself.

Because sometimes the world is really just that convenient.

[So you realize. I was going to prepare another special 'lesson' if you dared forget the most basic keystone that define a Twilight.]

You shudder at the imagines your imagination provide you with. That was a close escape.

[Now show that pathetic animal who its master is.]

The encouragement brings a smile to your lips. This is going to be fun.

"Oh you poor dumb bastard." You say out loud. "This is really not a fight you should have picked."

"And why is that?"
    Your Anima flares around you, the Caste Mark of the Twilight glowing proudly on your forehead.

"Because this! Anima powers activate! Form of: I can see through illusions you idiot!"

Your eyes become twin suns piercing through the darkness, the final bastion of defense against those who dare stand against the Rightful Ruler.

Idly you wonder when you became so hammy.

The light corridor loses consistency, surfaces becoming transparent allowing you to see through them the large hall where once a time visitors brought tickets to visit the museum.

You also see a set of stairs, on top of which is the youkai Inuhōō. "There!" You tell Kurotabou before running towards the stairs. He hesitates for a moment before following after you.

"Oh my. Whatever I should do?"

You dash up the staircase.

"Oh, right. Burn."

Only to jump to the side and hold yourself outside by the balustrade to dodge the wave of fire coming down. When it subsides you see Kurotabou wasn't able to dodge, but protected himself with a large shield. However, the distraction allowed the enemy to get away. Together you reach the second floor.

And find yourselves into the middle of a dense forest.
    You activate your Anima again, revealing a large columned area that was probably used to display large pieces. And also a groups of floating snakes with human head homing on your position from all directions.

Wait, what?!

"Kurotabou-san! There're enemies all around us!" You shout to your partner while you smash your knee into one of the youkai.

Without wasting a second the monk begins firing weapons in all directions.

While you-
    [] Punch the shit out of them.
    [] Go Dragoon on their asses.
    [] Use ranged attacks.
    [] Write-in.

----

Here. As usual including a Stunt make your actions more effective.

15. Galeiam

GAHHHH why ish this KFC reject even still alive.

16. Thraz

Thraz Person Who Lurks

[X] Punch the shit out of them
    --[X] Keep an eye out for the KFC reject
    ---[X] If seen try and get close enough to Activate Gauntlets of Distant Touch Mode and choke him out

Seem's like a good plan, feel free to alter if I missed anything

17. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

... why did we pay for the effect twice? We get it for free once we had 11 essence spent from our peripheral essence.

Least Devotee likes this.
  18. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Aren't we at full boost by now?

19. Galeiam

We were at full Boost when we met the ghost..We've barely used any and more 2 minutes have passed...so yeah we're at full boost.

20. Least Devotee

It does. Which the first activation pushed us over.

21. Stroth

Scene changed, we had to start over from there.

22. Least Devotee

No, it's still the same Scene.

23. Stroth

A scene in which we have spent ten essence total. Twelve if you can two essence from our overdrive pool for a dragon shot, which doesn't apply in this case. We had already spent some essence on convincing those muggers to turn their lives around, leaving us still below full, and there's been a scene change since then.

24. Galeiam

Stroth....I know what you're saying but I have no idea what you are talking about.

25. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

[X] Go Dragoon on their asses.
    -[X] Your done playing nice with these idiots, if they are so intent on pissing off a dragon then your going to give them an angry dragon to deal with, fire bubbles in your belly and your flesh melts like clay and suddenly your towering over the peons and your pants are in taters on the floor... eh if you can make this asshole feel a little fear then it will be worth it.

edit: nice eternity
    lethal damage time and fire immunity

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  26. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

spending moted from our personal and peripheral pools is the smart thing to do right now, simply because while we have our overdrive pools full we can recharge our own motes with stunt rewards without to much trouble, while if we hadn't spend any stunting would have given us only the dice bonus as a benefit basicly

any consider what we are dealing with, well we don't need a scalpel this time, we need a sledge hammer so I'm actually going to vote for

[X] Go Dragoon on their asses.
    -[X] Your done playing nice with these idiots, if they are so intent on pissing off a dragon then your going to give them an angry dragon to deal with, fire bubbles in your belly and your flesh melts like clay and suddenly your towering over the peons and your pants are in taters on the floor... eh if you can make this asshole feel a little fear then it will be worth it.

simply because it will scare the fuck out of most of the minion types which will give us a major bonus and provbably help with fighting against Mr KFC

27. Galeiam

Well..that was an overly dramatic edit

28. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

stunt's are like that >.>

29. Galeiam

[X] As The snakes close in you once more dodge to the side, your jum- no your bound is awe inspiring and all pause to gaze upon your sweeping visage.
    'Huh guess all that essence used on appearance matters after all'

When you land in such a perfect stance with hands at your hips and a smile on your face, glistening motes of light appear around you and the world around your blurs into a scenic background off ros-
    [X] Dragoon form now!!! BURN!!!!!

:) How's that for a stunt.

30. delwgun

delwgun I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Punch the shit out of them
    --[X] Keep an eye out for the KFC reject
    ---[X] If seen try and get close enough to Activate Gauntlets of Distant Touch Mode and choke him out