1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Galeiam

Galeiam Optimistically Asexual.

the image has gone global already...seeing it everywhere.

2. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

I found a thing.
    http://forums.whitewolfarchive.com/default0f85.html?g=posts&t=72608
    Gaia's charmset.

Sol Mark-1 and Walkir like this.
  3. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/high-school-dxd-fanfic-discussion-ideas-recommendations-part-3.310056/page-85#post-15456398

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  4. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

[X]"If only your were better? it's not a question of ability, your grandfather has centuries of experience you don't have. Complaining about that is like a hawk crying that he can't fly as high as the sun. Work hard, do your best, listen to the advice of those you trust and experience will come on it's own time."

"But before that, consider this question: How can one lead others if he are at war with himself? They don't follow because they can see that you are at war with our own nature, living as if your human side and your youkai side are foes. you reject and fear one side of yourself and can't accept that you are both Human and Youkai. Only when you have resolved this conflict will you be able to live up to your grandfather and your father's legacies and become the true Third Commander."

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  5. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

[X] "If only you were better? It's not a question of ability, your grandfather has centuries of experience you don't have. Complaining about that is like a hawk crying that he can't fly as high as the sun. Work hard, do your best, listen to the advice of those you trust and experience will come on it's own time."

"But before that, consider this question: How can one lead others if he is at war with himself? They don't follow because they can see that you are at war with your own nature, living as if your human side and your youkai side are foes. You reject and fear one side of yourself and can't accept that you are both Human and Youkai. Only when you have resolved this conflict will you be able to live up to your grandfather and your father's legacies and become the true Third Commander."

6. junsa

junsa Versed in the lewd.

[X] "If only you were better? It's not a question of ability, your grandfather has centuries of experience you don't have. Complaining about that is like a hawk crying that he can't fly as high as the sun. Work hard, do your best, listen to the advice of those you trust and experience will come on it's own time."

"But before that, consider this question: How can one lead others if he is at war with himself? They don't follow because they can see that you are at war with your own nature, living as if your human side and your youkai side are foes. You reject and fear one side of yourself and can't accept that you are both Human and Youkai. Only when you have resolved this conflict will you be able to live up to your grandfather and your father's legacies and become the true Third Commander."

7. Galeiam

funny that my little snip got the vote from Alex yet the unanimous vote didn't...

Fine Red Sand likes this.
  8. Threadmarks: Youkai Yakuza - Part 28
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Interlude

"First, let me say that I am very proud of you girls. The speed of your Sacred Gears' mastery is astounding."

Deep inside the Grigori's secret base situated in the city where Kuoh Academy stand Azazel, Governor General of the Fallen Angel, is walking down a long spotless corridor, the two sisters Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long behind him.

"For real? You mean it?" Ruby, asks, eyes sparkling at the praise.

Azazel nods. "Absolutely. Of course every Sacred Gear is different, but as one who studied them for a long time I can say with absolute certainty the compatibility between you and your Gears is extremely high. Tell me, what do you know of the Magnus as a whole?"

"What Ise told us." Yang replies. "That they were created during the last war between the Three Factions and gifted to four half angel guys. And that there are sixteen of them."

"Correct: four for each Horseman. Each Gear possessed by them form a set, and they share the same typology." He holds up four fingers. "Each Horseman had a Weapon, a Wide Area Attack, a Passive Effect and, finally, a Ride."

"Ride?"

"In the Book of Revelation it is recorded each Horseman ride a horse of different color. Those were their Ride-Type Magnus. Now, there is a little piece of information about the Magnus only a few people, me included, are aware of."

They reach a large door. Azazel inputs a code into a keyboard and the door open, letting them continue.

"The original wielders weren't born with them, they were given them when they were already adults. As every single Sacred Gear before could only be granted to a person at his birth, God build the Magnus with a special code that allow them to bond with a suitable wielder and even leaving without killing him."

"So..." Ruby puts a finger on her lips. "Does this mean it's possible for someone to collect all the Gears?"

"Only four of a kind because each set is mutually exclusive to each other, but yes." Azazel smiles with approval. "Of course nobody has ever reunited all Magnus since the Great War. Even us Grigori only own three of them. And, oh look, two of them are Gear of War and Death."

"You mean, like ours..!"

"Exact." The Fallen Angel's smile turns into a smirk. They reach another door, where subordinates of Azazel are working on handheld computers. "And since you showed such a high compatibility, I thought you should have a chance to...let's say 'tame' them. Is everything alright?"

"Yes Azazel-sama." One of the subordinates replies. "The bindings are secure. But please hurry: I detect rising levels of excitement, if it continues the bindings will break."

"Oh oh. Perfect. They can feel them too. Open the door!" He commands.

The door opens with a 'HISS', a slight white mist rolling out from inside. Azazel stands aside and gestures for the sisters to walk inside. "Don't worry, there is no danger."

At first the sisters hesitate. But then they feel their Sacred Gears react, as if something was calling for them. Nodding to reinforce each other's determination they walk inside. And gasp at what they find.

There, secured to the ground with chains made of energy on their legs, are suits of armor for horses. Only, they are moving as if they are alive, azure fire burning inside the openings and the eye sockets. One is red like spilled blood, while the other is a pale grey, like the skin of a cadaver. The armored horses seem to notice the sisters' entrance, as they turn to them and begin let out mechanical-like neighs.

At the same time Crescent Rose and Ember Celica's reactions get stronger and stronger.

"Red Horse and Pale Horse." Azazel says without stepping inside. "You are resonating with them, right? Don't worry, try to touch them: they will not hurt you."

"You sure, Goate-Ojisan?"

As Azazel cringes at Yang's nickname for him Ruby, as if in a daze, steps closer to the Pale Horse. It, on the same token, neighs again and stretch its neck forward, legs futilely tugging at the chains. "You...wants to become mine?" She asks.

The is confirmation in the horse's next neigh. Clenching her fists to reaffirm her resolution Ruby holds out a hand and, as if in slow motion, rests in on the Pale Horse's muzzle.

A blinding flash of light.

"Oh? So they can change form depending on the user? How interesting."

9. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Oh lord, Ruby's got a pony.

10. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

So did Yang which is probably going to become a motorcycle if that last sentence about them changing form to fit the user is a thing to go by.

Still Yang and Ruby just got power ups. Can't wait to see them in action. Though I wonder what that other SG of the swordsman is?

11. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Ho boy, now I'm having Darksiders flashbacks.

This is gonna be glorious.

12. Hanashinobi

Hanashinobi I trust you know where the happy button is?

No, she rides a Battle Corgi!

13. Hanashinobi

Hanashinobi I trust you know where the happy button is?

Sorry for the double post but I just realized we never got the XP for the Inuhōō battle.

14. Alexander

Understandable. I will include it in the final Xp count for the Arc.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  15. Galeiam

End of Arc Xp makes more sense for things like this. Like Bonus Objectives.

16. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

Now all we need is an adventure that we actually bring our people on like we said we would. Cause I'm pretty sure that we recruited all our human companions via the promise of adventure and battle. And then proceeded to forget about them for our last two adventures. We need to quit doing that.

17. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

Let's see, Ruby is Little Red Riding Hood right? It could be a wolf. I don't recall which tale Yang was in though.

Sol Mark-1 and Trooper1021 like this.
  18. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

Goldie Locks?

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  19. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Yang is Goldilocks, Weiss is Snow White and Blake is Belle.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  20. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

though keep in mind there are secondary influences in each character. Yang's bike is partly a reference to Cinderella.

21. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

We didn't forget but circumstances have kept us from inviting people. For example we tried to introduce Koneko and our melee fighters to the Ryozanpaku masters but a stray devil was running around causing chaos all over town and keeping everyone busy.

Alex said we'd get to see everyone's improvements in the Excalibur arc which if I'm not wrong starts in the next few updates.

22. Galeiam

Most Stories/quests in the DxD fandom rarely make it pass the Excalibur arc so I'm hoping this breaks trend.

23. codeRR

codeRR Heroic spirit unkown

Yeah...sweet now they all got a upgrade!

24. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Hopefully Berserker also gets to kick ass. I like that character.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  25. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Bonds? Bindings?

'Binds' doesn't really work in this context.

26. theonebutcher

theonebutcher Hahaha! ... Waitaminute... Oh God NO!

If they are, for example, Powerword "Bind" spells it is permissible to call them binds to distinguish from mundane bonds.

27. Threadmarks: Youkai Yakuza - Part 29
    Alexander

Interlude 2

One day after Issei met the Nura Clan

"Is this the place?" Shougo Kitsukawa comments aloud with a bored tone while looking left and right. The day before leaving Issei gave him a piece of paper with a date and the instructions to reach the place he is now, telling him he arranged a meeting with someone who can help him.

"Kitsukawa Shougo-kun I presume?" A voice suddenly says behind him.

Reacting with surprising speed the blonde boy spins around and lashes out with a punch, but the figure that managed to sneak up on him blocks it. Without even caring to take on more details Shougo begins a furious and chaotic storms of blows, each block widening the grin on his lips by a fraction. Suddenly he tries with an uppercut, his fist glowing with a golden light.

FWOOSH

The figure, for the first time since the beginning of the clash, evades and moves outside Shougo's range.

"Ohohoh! That last one was dangerous." Now that Shougo can see better the mysterious figure reveals itself to be an old man higher than him, with a fairly large muscular body, blond hair and a beard wearing a simple kimono.

"You're good." Despite the growing excitement Shougo refrains from attacking further, his instincts telling him that hearing what the old man has to say would be beneficial.

"Ohoh! And you've a large well of untapped potential." The stranger raises a bushy eyebrow. "Hyodo-kun's judgment was accurate."

"Are you the guy Issei said can help me?"

"Indeed. Hyodo-kun did us a great favour, so I decided to repay him. That's when he told me about you." He crosses his arms over his chest, his expression turning serious. "Tell me Kitsukawa Shougo-kun: why do you follow the Path of Martial Arts? And why did you decided to fight the monsters that lurk in the darkness outside humanity?"

"It makes me feel alive." He replies simply and truthfully. "The normal world is dull and boring. The world Issei showed me instead is exciting, it feels more real."

The old man appears surprised before starting to mumble to himself. "...a mirror, minus fifty years..." He straightens up. "Not a very wise decision, but I understand perfectly your point of view." He begins to walk around Shougo. "I suppose it was good luck, that I found you before you fell down a bad road."

He stops and clears his throat "Oh, but where are my manners? My name Furinji Hayato. I'm just an old man who knows a bit about martial arts."

He raises a hand, palm facing the sky and azure energy covering it.

"Tell me Shougo-kun: do you know what [Touki] is?"

28. Galeiam

....Beserker being trained by the Monster.....Welp
    *runs and hides under bed*

Athain, GunnarS14, TheWave and 9 others like this.
  29. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

And then Mui had no competition for Kenichi, Shougo till this day blames Issei for passing his (bad) luck with women onto him.

30. soul ice

soul ice Versed in the lewd.

I wonder what chaos brigade will think of us when it all roles down. I mean we have no problem helping the powers but our members are human if human plus.

Sol Mark-1 and Least Devotee like this.