1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

We went straight to Dragon form infront of the Miko due to a vote interrupt?

In any case after this we need much more magic. We're a twilight not a dawn or even a Zenith. Nuking people is our thing Combat capble nuke magic exists and is the predominate part of our innate talents.

The ability to cast sleep on these fools would keep us from having to go dragon and punch week stuff all the time.

Also Bob's beard thing seems like a way to get shot by a panicked miko due to the massive fear inducing property damage.

2. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

[X] Bobs Beard is Best Beard!

3. Galeiam

Galeiam Optimistically Asexual.

Not to mention his Write in is Pointedly Causing mass fear..which will further enrage the Youkai(not that they matter) and will scare the fuck out of everyone still there...
    Giant Man Dragon shows up and destroys a ton of property while brutalizing weird monsters...
    The Commitee is going to be so pissed at us after this...Their fault for hiring a new dragon though..

Internetholic and Least Devotee like this.
  4. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

We have 'Common Sense' as a merit, if it pings this as a bad idea then Alexander will say so, until it does however I see no problem with doing this, I have the feeling we failed a temperance roll anyway in the last update, hence going Dragoon without a vote and all

Least Devotee likes this.
  5. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

She's a couple of blocks away at this point. We got hit hard. Seventeen levels of lethal damage from one attack. Enough to hurt us through Iron Kettle Body, if only barely. That's enough to instantly kill a normal person four times over with a bit to spare.

6. Bobs Beard

Bobs Beard Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out

I'd argue that anyone who's read Nurahiyon no Mago would be quite aware of how 'making Youkai FEEL Fear rather than feed on other's fear' really fucks with their ability to do... most anything mystical.

And I'd go on to argue that while the above data point is absolutely a meta concern, the whole 'no fuck these guys' reaction is in-character regardless of the meta reasons it's not a bad idea.

I'd then finish by saying 'scare everyone else - what, you mean those people rendered blind by Youkai abilities in this very update, those people?' and then keep blatantly alluding to how blind people can't see, what with being blind, and how that means all they get is 'another scary roaring thing amongst the other roaring things' before blessed quiet, which frankly isn't bad at all.

But regardless of my opinions on the vote I made, if you don't like it or feel there are flaws in it you'd rather avoid you can do that thing called make your own vote. I'd recommend that - it's a pretty useful system, it lets you codify what actions you want the PC to take in specific, all that good stuff. The fact that this isn't happening kind of suggests to me that dissenters don't really care, and are voicing concerns just to voice them, not because they intend to do anything about them or present an alternative.

I'd love to be proven wrong though - that'd probably mean a solid-ass plan to compare against, possibly lift things from it, or even be swayed over to. Regardless, it'd just end with a better end vote, really - which is nothing but good.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    mrttao and Least Devotee like this.
  7. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Just remember to declare which charms to use, nya~
    Most likely Dragon Coil Technique, Crashing Wave Throw and Heaven Thunder Hammer.

8. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

except we lack some of those charm Kinglugia, as it is we are just stunting, Alexander is more then able to use charms when they are needed after all, as shown by us using Iron Kettle and IPP in the last post

9. Bobs Beard

Bobs Beard Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out

Man I don't know Exalted anything.

If there are charms that a vote would need to specifically call out for Issei to not make a useless butt out of himself trying to do the beardly thing, then someone better versed in Exalted should alter my vote into that state - and then I'll alter my base vote into that so everyone already voting for it doesn't need to worry.

Alternatively if we don't need to specifically call out charms then... I'll just do nothing because that's generally a nice thing to do.

10. Galeiam

Galeiam Optimistically Asexual.

Not sure of the how far we got pushed and what we got hit through so there are bound to be people around who were not affected by the spell...
    I would make a write in if I could think of one that would swing away the bandwagon but most of what I got is in the same area as yours.
    I didn't say make the youkai feel fear(though that's a byproduct) I meant as in scaring the shit out of the people whose house we just crashed through.

Just pointing out things that are going to be a problem later if your vote goes through.

11. Threadmarks: Youkai Yakuza - Part 32
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

-[X] 3-die Stunt Achieved! +1 Xp Special Reward!

----

You smash the youkai's face into the ground with sledgehammer force as you flare your wings. With a mighty flap that makes the air shake barrel forward like a freight train at full throttle. Stunned by the sudden reversal in position your enemies are too slow to react. As you hurtle past you snag a pair of unlucky Youkai by their necks and roar, outrage echoing on the empty warehouse, imposing Fear unfeastable upon creatures unused to such sensations.

No matter who they are, they hesitate when they see their allies rushing face first towards them - and that's all it takes to spell their doom. Skull meets skull with the kind of harsh impact that could shatter stone, and you make sure all get a taste. In a maelstrom of fang and claw, tail and wing you spin like a dervish, dust and more whirl-winding around your frenetic motion. Most of the Youkai still encircling you are blasted back like mere ragdolls, blood and more trailing from their broken faces. A final, astoundingly blind creature dares jump and try to ride you like a beast but your head swipes back with a crunch, the blunt side of your horns smashing bone and pulping flesh, throwing the figure aside like detritus.

Seeing the tumbled Youkai so close to each other in a haphazard pile, you decide to finish this madness-born fight in a single move. You move on instinct, blood and pressure and more building above your heart, flooding your throat. Volcanic fire, heavy and liquid coils within your glowing, gaping maw before with a roar you sweep the whole lot of stunned monsters with boiling flame and searing destruction. Your incendiary outburst is extreme enough that a loading crane crashes down in a half-molten pile, spilling swiftly burning merchandise that no one will ever buy over the equally inflamed Youkai. As those that feast on Fear scream and mewl in both pain and fear, you feel a sense of satisfaction, knowing that the human onlookers nearby remain safe, regardless of the Youkai's intent.

Wait a second... 'Did I just...breath fire?'

[You did! You did!] Ddraig cheers. [I was thinking you were going to need more training, but you unlocked it on your own. Bravo partner, bravo!]

[[[Congrats Issei-kohai!]]]

{Ugh, it's like watching an Eclipse wasting his time!}
    An inspired creation of a 3-die Stunt created acquisition of a Dragon Knack!

Dragon's Breath
    Cost: 5m
    Duration: (Stamina) ticks
    Prerequisites: Essence 1

The user draws a deep breath - deeper than seems possible - before breathing a vast stream of fire elemental essence. He can maintain this exhalation, and its effects, for a number of ticks equal to his Stamina rating, and during this time can redirect the breath as he like, covering an area
    roughly his Essence in yards across on each tick. The bolt is targeted with (Dexterity + Athletics) or (Dexterity + Archery), whichever is preferred, with a range of (Essence x 10) yards. It inflicts damage on any target across a circular area with a radius equal to the user's permanent Essence in yards, dealing (Essence+Stamina) dice of Lethal damage every tick.
    "FUCK YEAH!" You roar to the heavens.

BOOOM!

A wall comes down and the earth trembles at the thudding movement of something massive.

[img width=600 height=336]http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120715001522/thecampione/images/2/2a/Godou_using_the_5th_incarnation,_The_Boar.png[/img]

"I SmElL SoMeThInG DeLiCiOuS!" A giant boar twice your height with a mane of fire bellows, it's billow-like breathing so intense it's snuffing out the fire you just set.

"Oh, what the fu-"

----

"Do you see it now, Rikuo?" Takazuki spits out in manic ferver, his youkai form shimmering as he yet again repels the blows of the young Nura Head. In his hands the [Maou's Hammer] that absorbed the lifeforce of many of his own underlings empowering him to extreme levels. "Superb, it is not? My...Hyakki Yakou!"

His own sword locked with Tamazuki's weapon, Rikuo grits his teeth and pushes back. "Being the Master of all Spirits...Doesn't mean piling up your clan’s corpses to make yourself bigger!”

BOOOM!

From inside a building comes out a giant boar youkai launched at full speed despite the numerous claw marks on its hide, pushing forward a smaller red dragon who has his left arm pierced by one of the great tusks.

"UaAaArRrGgHhH!! ChOkYuKaI SmAsH!!"

"Smash this, you oversized piece of bacon!" Driving his feet into the ground to act as a fulcrum, the dragon uses his strength to alter the boar's trajectory, making the latter smash side first into yet another building.

"A Dragon?!" Even Tamazuki looks shocked. "So it's true...The Nura Clan has even one of those prideful beasts under its command!"

"You're wrong..." Rikuo smirks, feeling both exasperation and elation as he recognizes who the new arrival is. "That...is a friend!"

The renewed mad dash of the boar forces Rikuo and Tamazuki to separate. The Tanuki jumps on the head of his subordinate, while Rikuo squat on the dragon's shoulder. "That's a nice appearance you have here, sempai." He chuckles. "But didn't I ask you to keep humans away?"

"I was doing that!" Issei snarls. "But then a pack of out of control shikoku youkai attacked me and them! Oh, but I transformed only when out of sight!"

"Really, those country hicks..." Rikuo sighs, then look at the sky. "And dawn is close too. I need to finish this quickly, but as long as Tamazuki has [that]..."

"By that, you mean that super-ultra-mega-hyper gross thing in his hands?"

"Yes, it's a sword with the power to absorb the strength of those killed by it. Tamazuki killed his own subordinates with it."

"...It's name, is perhaps [Maou's Hammer]?"

"Uh? Yeah, he called it that. How do you know?"

"God damn it!" Issei clenches his fists. "What is it doing here? Explanations later, now separate that thing from him or we're all fucked."

Issei raises a hand and taps with the tip of a claw Rikuo's sword.

[TRANSFER!]

Power flows from Boosted Gear into the sword, making it glow with a golden light.
    Artifact Charm "Boosted Gear Apotheosis"

Those who are Exalted transcend all limits. And in the hands of such heroes even common items answer the call to glory.

-By attuning the motes from the Overdrive Pool to a weapon, armor or other object the Solar can apply to it the effects of "Welsh Boost Overdrive: Explosion". This last until the fifth DV refresh of the one using the item, after which the item returns to its normal state.
    -Weapons have their base damage doubled.
    -Armors have their Soak and Hardness doubled.
    -Other items have [UNKNOWN].

(OOC: this is only a temporary description to make you understand what I am doing. If someone feels like it he/she is welcome to write a better one)
    "I just jammed a whole bunch of dragon goodness in your sword. Quick, before your sword's new extra awesome super-mode fades, go kick that tanuki's ass! I got the boar!"

"Cool." The light from the sword makes Rikuo's grin seems larger. "Just what I needed. One word of advice: Keikain-san is nearby, so don't transform back where she can see."

"Duly noted."

Rikuo jumps back to resume his fight with Tamazuki, while Issei starts running on all four towards the Youkai Boar Chokyukai. The great beast lets out an angry bellow and charges at Issei.

Just moments before they collide Issei jumps up, twisting his body upside down. The instant he is directly above the boar he breaths a stream of golden flames. "Solar Judgment!"

"UUIIIIIIHHHHHHH!!!"

The youkai screams in pain as the blessed attack burns both his flesh and his very spirit, his body bereft of any natural defenses against an attack that impose rules alien to the world on its victims.

"Mada mada!"
    Issei roars. A corona of golden light erupts around his body, the jewels on Boosted Gear displaying the roman number [IV].

[EXPLOSION!]

Now with sixteen times his original strength Issei grabs the boar and, in an impossible display, throw it up in the air like it was a baseball ball. He jumps after it.

The moment they both reach their apex Issei cocks back a fist.

"EAT A FACEFUL OF DRAGON CLAW!"

He swings his arm.

The concussive force of the impact sense a dust tsunami racing through the cityscape below, and skylights shatter as windows rattle before the mighty impact's presence.

On the ground below Rikuo, using the powered-up sword Nenekirimaru and the secret technique Kyouka Suitgetsu, manages to cut off the arm of Tamazuki holding the Maou's Hammer.

Slowly but inexorably the Sun illuminate the sky and the earth with his warm glow, as if preannouncing a new day and a new hope.

[] End of the First Part
    ----

Are you pleased with what you got? ;)

12. Thraz

Thraz Person Who Lurks

That was beautiful.

13. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Rejoice, for we will be feasting on yakiniku tonight!

14. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

You're doing that thing again. Charms are not distinct "special attacks."

15. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Remember, you're talking about a character that was raised on tokusatsu shows and manga. He certainly doesn't need to shout the names of his charms, but do you really think that's going to stop him from doing it anyway?

16. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

If Issei want to call out his attack, then he damn well will.

17. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Changed into "Solar Judgment", which fits better.

18. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

He should give them their own names though, particularly when he combos different abilities together.

19. cross_grave

Why should he? With combinations, sure, but if he's just using that particular charm, why wouldn't he use it's name? I mean, most of them sound like pretty damn nice attack names to shout.

20. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Because from Issei's perspective he's not using a technique that he learned. It's something that is intrinsic to the Exalted; the ability to bitchslap the unrighteous with the palpable force of your anger comes to Issei as naturally as flexing a muscle or taking a deep breath, because it's part of his nature as one of the Lawgivers to be able to do these things.

The names of the charms are really just a convention to help the players keep track of them. To the extent that they exist in-setting, they are probably only known to First Age scholars who sit around studying the nature of Exaltation (Bright may have been one of them, I don't recall). The exceptions are non-native martial arts charms, which are specific techniques that must be learned from a sifu.

Sol Mark-1 and Least Devotee like this.
  21. cross_grave

Okay, I can see your point here. So as long as Issei just comes up with his own names for the things he pulls off, it's fine, but charm names are entirely different, I get it now.

22. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

Think will get the second part today as well?

23. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

hmmm bacon!

Also yes we got dragon breathe without needing to withstand a dragon kings one

24. overmind

Guys, what do you think of increasing Archery?

25. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

We already have a ranged weapon that works perfectly well with our Martial Arts score. It's a waste of EXP that we could be spending on charms.

26. overmind

I mostly want to get better in it to see if we can still pass as ahero descendent when we meet the Hero faction.

27. The Slumbering Crocodile

The Slumbering Crocodile Sleeping in the mud

In fairness, GLORIOUS SOLAR ARCHERY is less "shoot arrows at people", more "artillery bombardment". Not a first priority, or even a second given our Issei's preferences, but something to keep in mind if we need to blow up an army.

28. ragoogar

ragoogar Versed in the lewd.

Yeah! Dragon FTW!!!

29. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

can we get that Maou hammer sword before that bird girl take it away, the sword is pretty cool and i want it

30. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Fuck no. That sword is evil.