1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

If the best description of an artifact is "That sounds like something Liger would make" then it needs to be destroyed. Immediately.

2. Bobs Beard

Bobs Beard Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out

One DOES wonder how that sword would work when used by a Devil/Fallen Angel/God/Dragon, rather than a human or a youkai.

One ALSO wonders what Bright could do with that sword to work on through Issei.

3. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

I'm still waiting for issei to realize he is the most cheating mage of mages. Might happen in the excalibur arc when evil priest tries to forge the excalibits together only for issei to pull a 'nope magic is mine now'

cause best thing about a twilight solar is being able to yank your opponents spells from under them

almost as good as saying you activated my trap card.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Sol Mark-1 and Least Devotee like this.
  4. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

No it's not. All swords are meant for killing. This one is merely better at it.
    Why? Ligier makes a lot of useful stuff. And it's not like we have to kill our allies to use it. There's no such thing as an evil power, just power used in evil ways. There are a lot of people in the DxD world whose power would be put to better use in our hands.

5. Stroth

Oh wow that is amazingly wrong. Exalted absolutely has Evil powers. And Liger the Green Sun, Fetich Soul of Malfeas the City of Brass, First among the Yozi is someone that makes such powers with glee.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  6. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

Yeah, no. If you'd mentioned TED you might have a point there.

7. Odysseus2099

...That is so completely wrong I don't even know where to start. Exalted does not have evil powers. That is one of the main themes of Exalted, every faction, from the Neverborn in their tombs, to the Yozi in Malfeas, to the gods in Yu-Shan, all have a point. They all have legitimate reasons to think the way they do, and do the things they try. I defy you to find five powers in Exalted that can't be used for good.

Second, Ligier (two i's) is known for being a pretty cool guy, even compared to many humans in the setting. A lot of his works might offend your puny mortal sensibilities, but that's your fault for not having the imagination to see the potential inherent in them.

8. Stroth

Yes, I'm terribly sorry that my punt mortal sensabilities, such as still having a sense of good and evil, are offended by such wonderful creations as the Organ of Agonies.
    How could I miss it's amazing potential for good?

TheWave and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  9. Odysseus2099

I'd actually forgotten about that one. I admit, it's kind of hard to see a "potential for good" there, though I can at least think of a few non-evil uses.
    But still, that's one, I asked for five.

10. Stroth

The Great Curse, anything made of soulsteel, The Deathlords, Viator of Nullspace, the Phylactery Womb, The Sea That Marched Against The Flame, She Who Lives In Her Name, the Games of Divinity, The Ebon Dragon.

And I specifically said evil powers, not evil people. But if you want to include them then sure.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  11. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

Actually just because someone has a point doesn't mean they aren't evil as all get out. They can still be an evil prick out to destroy and enslave everything you know and love. They just have a reason behind it.

12. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Wow. Yet, it fits the Yozi so very much.

Still, I was sure Ligier mostly make weapons and other people sized trinkets.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  13. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

we should still get the thing just so that the enemy don't have it, i think the Nue guy use it later in the manga. If we take it away and destroy ( or modify it for our own use) it would deny the enemy a future weapon

14. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

And I thought suddenly Godou came from nowhere threw a boar at Issei when I saw that pic.

15. Stroth

He also does art pieces like the Organ occasionally. Especially if someone plays to his vanity.

16. Odysseus2099

I meant evil powers as well, not people. Though all of the above have their good points, even if the Deathlords' is that they are way too incompetent to actually be trying to destroy the world, and the Phylactery Womb's is its nonexistence. (Seriously, I've heard good arguments that the First and Forsaken Lion intentionally set up the Balorian Crusade to stop the Great Contagion.)

And after looking up the Screaming Cathedral online, one source indicated it was one of the few noise sources Adorjan couldn't silence, which, if true, would put it firmly in the "technically good" category as it would save more lives than it ruined.

17. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

Let's just ignore the guy who thinks the things who build stuff like that are good. He sounds like he's baiting and I don't want to deal with the headache of people arguing whether concepts made manifest are good or bad.

18. The Slumbering Crocodile

The Slumbering Crocodile Sleeping in the mud

Here's an entire conversation with Holden (a dev) on morality in Exalted, specifically with the Yozis. Now shut up about it.

19. Fallenblades643

Fallenblades643 Canned food pls?

ROAST BOAR SOUNDS FUCKING DELICIOUS RIGHT NOW! AND WHAT DO YA KNOW! WE LEARNED HOW TO BREATH FIRE AND WE'RE GRAPPLING A BOAR! CHOP CHOP! LETS MAKE EM REAL CRISPY AND TAKE A BIG OL' BITE!

20. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Bacon time?

21. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Bacon time? Cause I love me some bacon.

22. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Wonder how youkai liver tastes like.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  23. Thraz

Thraz Person Who Lurks

We could totally make some Honey-baked Ham, Or extra crispy Bacon.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  24. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

...I'm hungry.

25. Galeiam

Galeiam Optimistically Asexual.

Just came home with some BBQ Ribs...saw the discussion
    ROFLed

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  26. Garlak

Garlak Getting sticky.

While this is kinda funny, I'm not sure that I would ever *actually* be willing (or capable of) eating somebody/something that was able to speak and reason. And I don't think Issei would be able to eat somebody like that, either. :p

27. cross_grave

Ddraig prolly did that a few times, though.

28. Galeiam

Galeiam Optimistically Asexual.

Long Pig is a thing...
    And with the way meatproccesing factories are...never know when you might be...

29. Threadmarks: Youkai Yakuza - Part 33
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

You returned to the streets below just in time to see the finale. That Tamazuki guy got his butt kicked, but had his life spared by the arrival of the original Nurarihyon (Who turned out to be a crazy short old man with a gourd-like banana of a head. For real?) and Tamazuki's father (Who was a giant racoon, somehow? You don’t really get youkai genetics.), who begged Rikuo to spare his son's life.

Rikuo accepted. Probably because he was just a very nice guy, but you think he also knows how important and precious the father-son bond is.

While everyone was busy winding down from the big fight and getting used to this new state of not tearing into one another, you tried to retrieve the Maou's Hammer. ‘Tried’ being the operative word: apparently a youkai named Yosuzume who was working for Tamazuki took it after his defeat and flew away almost as soon as her master’s defeat. Either she wanted to cut her loose ends while getting compensation, or she never worked for Tamazuki in the first place. You told Rikuo what you know about the sword's details, and you both agreed it was for the best to find the wretched thing and either destroy or seal it again.

After the big battle a lot of people (you and Rikuo included) needed medical attention, so in the aftermath you took a few days off to rest up. As both an Exalt and a Dragon you heal way faster than normal after all: Bright mentioned that the mix of physiologies is producing interesting results. It's never a good thing when Bright is interested in something... but you suppose the fact that you only needed the one day’s recovery is pretty nice. You’re definitely not telling Bright that, though.

When the others finally caught up with your recovery and were well enough, the time came for the big event: a party to celebrate the victory. Turns out it’s an out and out official tradition for the Nurarihyon family, and watching them pull out all the stops in the name of clan pride was crazy.You were finally introduced to the other Clan Heads, and while there are some that still look at you with suspicion in their gaze (most of all an old guy with only one eye), those who were present at the battle and saw you fight spread tales of your exploits. Coupled with the fact that Nurarihyon-dono himself is okay with the whole deal keeps even the grumpy cyclops from doing anything: apparently he wants to support Rikuo's decisions, no matter what they are.

Those less concerned with leading this or that clan aren’t nearly so stiff. From watching Kurotabou and Aotabou getting smashed on sakè, to Kejoro-san dancing, to Kubinashi-san being hit on by both young and old women to even Tsurara-san creating weird ice statues in a drunkem stupor.

Of course, the proverbial wrench in the gears came from where you least expected it, on the tail end of a thoroughly enjoyable party winding down in the wee hours.

"May I have your attention, please?" At Karasutengu's words all those at the party stop what they’re doing and turn to the minute youkai. "As you all know we finally put an end to the recent threat of an invasion from Shikoku. While the Nura Clan suffered, it came out stronger as a result of it.”

A tiny, beakclad face dips, and words a touch more somber echo forth.

"Many of our comrades gave their life for the cause, and it is out sworn duty to make sure their sacrifice wasn't in vain. It is our solemn duty to ensure that that which they bought with their lives is put to the best possible use - that this return to the old days of prominence , that it does not fade."

The youkai murmur in agreement. For your part you simply bow in respect.

Then Karasutengu does something strange: he looks at the Commander, who gives him a thumbs-up, and then to Eiko, who now is holding a bottle of sake and two cups… and doing that really impish grin that she always done when she’s pulling off one of her crazy-

Suddenly you have an ominous feeling.

"But we were not alone in this endeavor. We held off the official announcement because of the gravity of the situation, but no more!"

Eiko appears between you and Rikuo. She puts down the cups in front of the two of you and pours sake in them, filling them both with equal amounts. You hear distant murmurs of "A 50-50 Sakazuki?" but before you can ask an equally confused Rikuo what is going on Karasutengu beat you to it.

"I have the privilege to present the Nura Clan's new ally neighbor: the Hyodo Clan’s leader and our own leader’s sworn brother, Sun Dragon Hyodo Issei!"

It's only thanks to Ddraig laughing so hard at your expense that you briefly forget how to move that you avoid screaming out "WHAT THE HELL?!?!".

Damn it Eiko.

----

"I'm back." Letting out a sigh of exhaustion you take off your shoes and walk inside your house.

"Ise-sama!" Mittelt jumps and tackle-hugs you, slender legs tight around your waist as she utterly fails to so much as make you rock back.

"Ise-san/Ise!" Behind them are Asia and Rias, who pout at Mittelt before deciding to take your hands in theirs.

"Hello Mittelt, Asia, Rias. I hope everything is okay."

When your face starts twisting up to match the state of your thoughts and you release another sigh Rias' brows draw together in concern. "Ise, is everything alright?"

You look warily first at a completely not sheepish Eiko and then at Buchou’s expectant features. "You may want to have tea on hand before I tell you."

"Oh dear."

----

"Suika-san?"

"Snoring soundly."

"Good."

After Asia and Eiko prepared tea and you are all seated you begin with a brief resume of what happened during your stay at the Nura compound, from the investigation to find youkai Inuhōō to the final battle.

"So everything turned alright?" Mittelt asks.

"Yes." You answer.

"So what is the problem?"

You pinch the bridge of your nose. "There isn't a mild way of putting it, so I’ll be blunt: stuff happened and now I’m the head of a clan recognized in Youkai Yakuza political circles, so I guess I’m sort of a Magical Gangster now, and sworn brother with the leader of the Nurahiyon clan, who’s a pretty cool guy."

The girls blink in confusion. Rias is the only one who seems to have an idea of the implications, so even as her left eye starts twitching she urges you to continue.

"It was necessary to retroactively justify me helping them: if the Nurarihyon Family received help from an unrelated outsider it would reflect poorly on them, but if a sworn brother of their clan’s head brings their own clan to their aid that’s another story… or so I’m told. In my identity as a Dragon I am not part of the Nura's Hyakki Yakō, but I am their neighbor with a friendly relationship. They even gave me this city and its surroundings as a territory to administer."

"Eh? But-"

You raise an hand to stop Rias. "I know. This is yours and Sona Sitri's territory. Problem is, youkai who live in Japan and not the Underworld have few if any previous points of contact with Devils, so they are pretty much wholly ignorant of how you operate, and even how Devils think. They said this city was once under the control of one of the Nura's sub-Clans, at least until the latest Head lost his life in an incident to, I quote, a [Super Yuki-Onna]."

"A Super...Yuki-Onna?"

"Apparently when Devils arrived here the Head received a representative at his home. The next day they found his mansion completely encased in ice."

Rias seems to think for a minute, and then suddenly blanch. "Oh. Oh dear. Oh for the Original Four Maou."

"Do you know something?"

"No, but I can guess." She puts her face in her hands. "So THAT's why when I came here the first time there weren't any supernatural creatures nearby. And I was so looking forward to meeting real youkai...Trust me Ise, it's better we forgot about the problem’s responsible. But I can assure you something like that is never going to happen again. I will make sure of it."

"Al..right." You are curious of course, but if Rias say so she must have a reason. "Anyway, my only real duties are limited to leading my Clan, making sure the youkai living here follow whatever rules I find necessary and help the Nura Clan when they are in danger."

"Leading your Clan? Who is your Clan?" Asia asks.

"All those who follow me." You elaborate further. "Apparently Dragons have a special privilege: any individual, regardless of species, who is part of a Dragon's House is considered a member of the Clan."

Those stares - no, not the dreaded joint jiiiii, you can’t take it!

"Don't look at me like that! There are stereotypes about Dragons, alright? Youkai have a long-standing tradition of dealing with Dragons, so they expect certain behaviors! I didn't even want this position." You glare at the culprit Eiko together with Karasutengu, who just hides her mouth behind a fan.

"It sounds interesting." Against all expectations Mittelt grins. "Now we have our very own organization!"

"What’s a Yakuza?" Asia innocently asks.

"A Clan..." Rias muses, a triumphant smile on her lips. "Yes! This way even Otou-sama will be forced to agree!"

...Well damn. Does this mean that you really have to go with it?

----

"Sayanomiya-san? Why are you drin-"

"Not now Touma-kun. Not. Now."

----

"Shougo here."

"Mh...Mh..Yes."

"...I’m a what now?"

----

"If we want to be part of it? Of course we want that! Right Ruby?"

"Duh!"

----

Youkai Yakuza Arc: Completed

+4 Xp For completing the HCC request
    +3 Xp For defeating Youkai Inuhōō
    +2 Xp For completing every Otaku's dream (sex with Twin Catgirls at the same time)
    +3 Xp For defeating Youkai Boar Chokyukai
    +1 Xp For creating your own Clan!
    +5 Xp For completing the quest

----

[] Congratulations! Hyodo Issei has resolved all the issues that requested his immediate attention. But now that he has free time he realized that there are still many other issues that need his attention, just not as urgent as the previous one. Take a look at the index and past posts and write down a list, listing what issue you want to address, how, and in what order. Be sure to find out all of them, for the author is not going to be merciful this time ^^. Also, be prepared for the consequences if you neglect/forget one for too much time!

----

There are more gains, but for now I post so you can brainstorm.

30. cross_grave

Meeting with the Phenex clan should be somewhere near the top of that list.