1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[SFW] A Pact of Monsters II [Garden of Monsters Civ/Rp/Council game] [Ended]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Xicree, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

Even worse, I actually said what I'm snickering about. I'm rather shocked that you call someone an asshole for finding something that was stated hilarious, even if it's something that's funny.

2. ReinZero

ReinZero QQ voters, geniuses at opposing their own goals.

*points at order of events* "Being an ass" =/= asshole. Or were you really wanting someone to call you that?

Formatting (on the snickering) doesn't make it look that way. And I only said to stop being 'an ass/jerk' about it, not specifically calling you one, though if you really want to be called one, then just say so.

3. Cyanios

Cyanios I trust you know where the happy button is?

It means the fucking same thing in my book rein. And stop being silly about it as it was only a comment on the negative roll ending up a success.

4. Wing101

Wing101 Versed in the lewd.

Sweet looks like we win the group action with a negative double lol.

5. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

So what I don't even get to keep my 99? Dammit. There was no discussion on that happening.

6. ReinZero

That was because you were late to it... and Xicree wouldn't start update until everyone had a (honest) roll.

Well, he also noted that you only really needed to pass the Challenge roll on your end. That roll? A 1 Thus pretty much meaning you succeeded anyways no matter the roll. I do admit it sucks.

*wanted to get a double* >_>

7. Bloodshifter

Fair Enough. I still would have liked a Ping or someone informing me in thread I started work when Xi first posted for rolls. A warning that I didn't need to roll would have been nice.

8. ReinZero

Sorry about that x_x

Kind of forgot to notify on the thread. It was done at the same time kinglugia's was though.

9. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4612963/
    ...T_T

10. ReinZero

Is it a bad thing to tell you that Mishie's roll for you was a 3?

11. Cyanios

Poor Lugia...

12. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[!]Month 1

Hunting:

The first month hadn’t been that bad for the pack.

In fact for some, it had been quite a haul. The victorious Vorid Verethragna drug in a sizable haul by the scruff of the neck, his warrior form solidly straining in a vaguely Hivayi-form configuration as the still living prey struggled. A bragging of its prowess as it showed its victory to rest of the recently formed pack.

This victory however was somewhat blunted as its most direct rival in the clan, the Scorpion-form Sov Rein came marching back into camp several times with lesser Vorid cowering at its heels, only to slaughter them alive and offer the pieces graciously to its packmates. The less combat oriented accepted these offerings gracefully; its leering domineering presence an affront to the Victorious one despite having brought in equal amounts of food.

The two which slipped from the Shadows we almost not noticed as they too brought their catch to the clan, slipping back away as silently as they had come.

Ironically it had been the more experienced, combat oriented hunters who had seen failure.

The temporally enabled hunter had itself been thwarted by more powerful vorid passing by after it had managed to slay a foe though intensive combat... One of the most powerful creatures in this area of the Garden, the Tyrant roamed mostly as a reminder to younger vorid not to stick around in the area after they had reached a certain level of maturity. Its saurian form looming above its kill and its ideal of Tyranny baring down so harshly that the Storm could not but pass; left with but a small portion of its kill to drag home.

And finally Kro’lit... it had planned an epic hunt, picking one of the tougher Vorid to randomly roam the forest. A creature which had been born of its own generation of vorid... only it had gone a vastly different path, and had lucked into great portion of biometal and a place to properly contemplate. The Armour ideal had proved too much to scratch, and its Unyielding path made it a juggernaut of combat despite its lithivorous tendencies. Its mass ever multiplying as it continued to move, its body armoured to the hilt and a spell permeating its ideal of armour and encompassing its unyielding path made it ever more unshakable as it laid a path before it self to follow at ever increasing speeds.

The demi-hivayi-form Vorid would find itself rent with sudden violence at the beast’s killing blow. Barely avoiding its powerful horn apart from the arm ripped loose as it charged.

The sour taste of defeat would be piled own with mockery from its fellow hunters as Kro’Lit devoured a fair portion of their scores to heal its wounds.

Rewards:
    [Kro’Lit] -20 Biometal
    [Eternal Storm] +1 Biometal
    [Sov Rein] +15 Biometal, +1 Core
    [Verethragna] +10 Biometal
    [Old Crow] +10 Biometal
    [Zerelth] +10 Biometal

Settling in:

The attempt at attunement had not gone well. With the establishment of the new campsite for the most part underway, it had been a particularly difficult task trying to both settle down and secure its area.

For some reason a small group of lesser Vorid continually attempted to sneak in and steal away not only pieces of infrastructure as the Ephemeral attempted to dig in and build, but these interruptions also spilled over to their resident seeder which had itself been bothered by these minor thieves... only it’s progeny had been the targets of their continual hit and run tactics.

Aggravating as none of these small Vorid would stick around for any kind of confrontation, simply picking away at any and every free bit of food which they could steal then run off with... for some reason though every time they stole things and came back, there was always more of them.

Neither of the settling Vorid could make headway with these annoyances running about underfoot.

Something would need to be done about them.

Rewards:
    [Ephemeral of Existence] Line of inquiry opened up – The Raiders
    [Eden’s Garden] No rewards, +10 biometal

Explorations:

Curiousity it seemed got the better of quite a few of the more technically inclined vorid, as Avid Scholar and the Failure Kohas set out each one across a separate journey.

Kohas it seemed would not get far on its journey, as it stumbled deep into the forest looking for deposits of biometal... a successful failure... as it turned out that the scent of heavy biometal which it had been following was infact the staging ground for the colony of small Vorid raiders.

It barely escaped intact. Its flesh scoured deeply by the ravenous flock of small creatures as it stumbled back the pack in order to recuperate.

Avid Scholar would search the river bank for any signs of groupings and gathering... but it’s reasoning had been slightly flawed; for while Vorid were indeed beings which also utilized water and other solutions, they were not utterly dependent upon its ebb and flow. Bio-metal structures were far more versatile in what they could utilize for various tasks beyond the use of the universal solvent which was H2O.

On the other hand its effort it would seem had not been wasted. As it searched across one such pooling lake at the mouth of the river which it had been following, it would find tracks. It worked easily to decipher them tracking closely and comparing their gait and size.

Hivayi tracks...

It seemed like there was a small group of the progenitors out here. Somewhere.

Rewards:
    [Kohas] Found the Avi-form plunderers, -20 biometal, +0 Advancement Points
    [Avid Scholar] Has opened Line of Inquiry – Progenitor Party, +1 to next exploration roll, + 1 Biometal

Pack/Social:

Strange as the month had been, there had been some level of success. It had seemed hopeless when one of the seeders, irritated with attempts to rip it up had turned on the pack; immense power being generated by the generally immobile treelike beast.

But surprisingly while lash out it did... none suffered any injuries as it, and a few of its close by brethren, ripped themselves from the ground lashing out with laser and kinetic bombardment as they swept through then repositioned themselves elsewhere... someplace less annoying.

They departed leaving a cratered clearing with a deep depression, carved out by the Light ideal seeder, perfect for the temporary storage of their Biometal.

... the less spoken about that day, the pack decided, the better.

Reward:
    +1 Advance in group comfort level.
    Camp status: Basic clearing (+2 Home defence)

Consequences
    Due to the wipe out of 2 different packs of their progeny, the Elder beasts of the M’Rtal have begun to mobilize themselves to war. New event roll has been implemented to your detriment.
    Home is well defended against any half assed attacks brought against it t next turn. The enemy knows this and is planning accordingly.
    You have all gained even more notoriety and popularity. Increased pack numbers increases pack upkeep.

Current Resources:
    Biometal stores – 9 units.
    (Every Vorid uses 1 unit of Biometal per month, 10 if injured, 30 if critically injured)
    Cores – 1 units
    (Vorid cores are used by Vorid doing energy intensive work. One core is used up if a unit is critically injured)
    Bloodmetal stores – 0 units
    (Bloodmetal is precious; it will not be used up without group agreement.)

Camp status: Basic Clearing (+2 to home defense)
    Pack capabilities: None learned
    Pack Fame: No notoriety (Challenge level -1d25 to hunting, -1d20 to exploration)
    Pack comfort level: Beginnings of trust. (1/50)
    Pack Size: 10 members (10 Founders)

Biometal Construction Options:
    Create Simple Biometal structures: -100 Biometal
    Integrate Biometal with existing structures: -50 Biometal per structure
    Sacrifice minion for biometal structure upgrade (Minion becomes part of structure, runs defenses): Cost -1 minion per structure.
    Biometal defenses (Spike tendril, saw blade tendrils, Gatling spikes, writein): Cost -100 Bio-metal per defense instance

Lines of Inquiry:
    Better hunting: (? ? ?)
    Progenitor Party: (? ? ?)
    The Raiders: You are plagued by lesser vorid opportunistically raiding your stores... (-? ? ? per turn) [-20 Challenge]

Pack action:
    [] Write in. What do you wish to do first?

Personal action:
    []Write in. What do you wish to do?

13. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Personal Action:
    [X] Attempt to better understand Old Crows abilities, to increase efficiency of our partnered hunting.

Pack action:
    [X] Scout surrounding Vorid Groups.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  14. Bloodshifter

[Preens] I got A core of our Group![/Preens]

Also those mother**** they took our Bloodmetal. We had 1 now we have none.

*Social*
    Oops... we may have overhunted a tad. Meh Old Crow and Murder Cat need to go Scouting who did we piss off?

Personal Action:
    [x] Hunt down Raider Birds. Last cycle a pack mate encountered a large nest of thieving Avain Vorids, of his discovery he was mauled by them. I tried not to laugh too loud as he ate from our stores to heal himself. Then I notice the lack of one very important piece of our stores. Bloodmetal our most precious treasure, I push through our meager stocks and I couldn't find it.

I push past my pack mates, ignoring their pleas of some grand trap. They had taken something precious from us I intend to slaughter those worthless scum to a vorid.

Pack action: [X] Practice working together in combat and also try to get a better understanding of each others abilities and skills so we can organize ourselves better.

15. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

Ow. That roll.

I think it might be a good idea to start ridding the area of all the plunderers and raiders soon. My critical failure kinda hurt our biometal stocks pretty hard, and they stole our bloodmetal!

Personal: [X]Clear a wider area around the home base and bring the cleared trees back for future use. (So we can see raiders earlier)

Holding off on Pact.

16. ReinZero

We'll need at least one person to help stay behind for Camp defense, I can contribute to a fight if needed, so kinglugia isn't our only base defender as is.

Wait, the biometal stores was at 100 initially and -40 from those two who took damage, that leaves at 60, no? Then there's a net gain of 57 this turn so that'd be 117 - 10 = 107. (I never noted to be using biometal for it either.)

I'd suggest we pick off the Raider Birds first. Though ideally, we'd make them into minions.

17. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

Well, the listed store of biometal is at 9, so we got our shit stolen like crazy.

18. Bloodshifter

I was going to kill them mostly to try to get our Bloodmetal back... Seeing as anything under a 22 is auto-win for me. Subjourning them I... Don't think we can unless we invest in Hunting again.

Also I'm all for finding Progenitor Group they'd give us at least a little protection.

19. Wing101

I can stay behind and take care of the Raiders my Warrior Incarnation lets me figure out their path and ideal not to mention I can seal their abilities with Golden Sword.

Personal Action
    [X] Stop the Raiders of our camp by using Golden Sword to lock their abilities and spells aways then use wind incarnation to take care of the disadvantage in numbers.

20. mishie

mishie Experienced.

[X] Operation WAFFLEO (personal action)

After his slightly less than impressive last hunt, Kro'Lit take a moment to think back on his very simple mistake. Ironically it was the exact same one that he had been mocking his prey for, he had grown arrogant in his strength and had underestimated his prey. A mistake he would not make again. And when he saw Old Crow and Zerelth return with their spoils, he realized the simple solution. Although we called ourselves a pack, we were not acting as one, instead of combining their strengths to bring down foes stronger than themselves for incredible rewards, we instead split up and hunted alone apart from these two. As such, Kro'Lit went to the others and outlined a simple plan. He, Old Crow, Zerelth and Eternal Storm would head out after the Vorid that he had been tracking and would work together to bring it down, and not only would they get far more biometal than if they had hunted individually, but others would see that they had been able to take down such a great foe and would learn to fear them.

At the same time, Eden's Garden would prepare a trap for the raiders by spreading out his seeds, and then they went to steal them Sov Rein would use his Dominance Ideal to stop them, at which point Avid Learner would be able to interrogate them to not long learn more about them and how useful they could be, but also where they're hiding.

21. ReinZero

I don't think the trade off is worth it. Remember what Xicree said about Vorid and them? That's pretty much why I don't think it's a good idea.

Other than that, no/not much comment.

22. Bloodshifter

*Tumbleweed passes by.*
    Guys? We KNOW where a few of the Raiders are (Avian Vorids) we'd only need like 1 guard on the Stocks Eden Garden can handle the Raiders just fine if his Personal Action is set to defending the Stores.

23. Wing101

True in that case how about I attack the Avian Vorids Base while one of us defends. But were the ones that hurt Kohas the same vorids that raided us?

24. Lykaia

Lykaia Well worn.

Pack Action:
    [X] Practice working together in combat and also try to get a better understanding of each others abilities and skills so we can organize ourselves better.

Personal:
    [X] Operation WAFFLEO

Edit:
    I'll wait on investigating the Tyrant, but the Eternal Storm will have it's head eventually.

25. mishie

mishie Experienced.

Thing is though, you're kinda the best person to guard against the Raiders, since either 1) They stop raiding us which is awesome since we lost a ton to them last turn or 2) You auto win against them and we get free biometal and info. And as for having Eden's Garden defend, considering how he has an entire 2 in combat, he'll probably end up losing to them, which as hilarious as that would be to watch, isn't exactly all that good for us.

Also, unless Xi says otherwise, since my original plan only includes most of the pack and not all of it, I'm going to assume that it's just a personal action and not a pack one. Plus I don't think that investigating the Tyrant is really a safe idea right now, and we know enough about it. It's big, it's angry and it fucks up Vorid that it thinks stay in the easy areas too long (which means that we probably don't want to get too comfortable here).

26. Xicree

To clarify.

If you are voting on it as a pack action you still have a personal action to vote on.

If you are voting on it as a personal action you still have a pack action to vote on.

Either way 2 votes and please clarify which is supposed to be which. Anything else will just slow down any updating.

27. Cyanios

Pack action: [X] Practice working together in combat and also try to get a better understanding of each others abilities and skills so we can organize ourselves better.

Personal Action: [X] Operation WAFFLEO

28. mishie

mishie Experienced.

So yeah, managed to come up with a decent Pack action that we kinda need to do fast since well, we already all get a combat penalty when we work as a group and the sooner we can get rid of that the better.

Also, Cyanios, any chance you feel like joining Operation WAFFLEO? Feel free to try to improve it. Same goes to MrGazzer and CrawlingChaos74 for our part and Bloodshifter, Gibbousmoons and KingLugia for the defense action.

29. Xicree

Please put both votes together in one post. Makes things easier to count.

30. Wing101

Personal Action:[X] Operation WAFFLEO
    --Use Golden Sword against the raiders to help in capturing them.
    Guess I'll join you guys this looks good and something Verethragna would find interesting.