• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A bit of assistance, if you please.

Jans

That which smiles.
So I'm entomophobic. Afraid of bugs, in general. Not terrified but enough to send myself into a neurotic spiral and induce a panic attack on bad days. Like today. I've already called out of work and I'm trying to wind down from being so twitchy before I go grab some early detection devices / bug killers / etc.

Today's problem is bed bugs. I've got a few bites, and they show up over night over the past few days. The bites don't look like bed bug bites, I haven't found any fecal trails, the bites themselves don't really itch, I've torn my bed apart three or four times and haven't found anything, its spring, and we just moved into a new apartment so its probably something else entirely. Its funny, because I'm fairly certain they aren't the culprit but I'm freaking the fuck out about it anyway. Ha ha right? =/

Does anyone have any experience with these little parasites (or biting insects in general) and would be willing to field a few questions?

And please, no pictures with bugs. I'm having a pretty bad day as is.

If you're not finding the insects in your bed and it's not a new bed... it might be something else?

Bed bugs can hide in not only your bed, but areas close to it as well.

If you're having trouble (or believe you are), I suggest looking for professionals that will get rid of them. They're generally pretty hard to find unless you can catch them in the act or stumble upon their lair.

In my experience (and I have ant infestations every year here, the pains of living in a forest :-\) cutting a lemon in a half and putting dried clove on it will make a smell that repel most insects. Mix it and wash your bedsheets on the solution. If they're there, they'll go away. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back