• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Sage Adrift (NarutoXMCU)

#14 New
Disclaimer - I don't own anything. Please support the official release.

A SAGE ADRIFT

When Emma Frost had decided to follow Mystique's plea to rescue someone from a sticky situation, she had not hoped, even in her wildest dreams, that she would come across someone like Naruto.

While his mind itself was unreachable for her, which is something she was still trying to wrap her head around, his feelings, on the other hand, were quite easy to discern. Naruto Uzumaki was an extremely empathetic person. So much so that she suspected that something happened during his formative years that made him so. It is not natural to have that level of empathy without something extraordinary happening to one's psyche. Such events normally break most people but the ones that come out of it stronger than before?

Those people are one in a billion and she was looking at one right now. They were back at one of the "black sites" where her father kept using shell companies. Well, when he was still alive anyway. Now that he is dead and everything he ever owned was in her name, she used most of these sites as a place to either stash assets like her Jet or house new members of the team, like Naruto.

This facility in particular was in Alaska, hidden deep beneath the frozen tundra that allows for exceptional stealth along with privacy for any issues that might occur. Like the one that was happening right now.

She had brought Naruto along with her because this was the perfect moment to manipulate him into joining her cause. He was at a low point emotionally and it was always easier to aim such people at targets that happened to just be her enemies as well. She had planned for him to be trained for a while so she could estimate his overall skill sets but the second he had set foot on the base, he had asked, no demanded, to be given information on the organisation known as "Friends of Humanity" so he could begin hunting them down.

Oh, Naruto said to bring them to justice but if he was actually so naive as to believe that the Justice system of the United States or any other country, for that matter, would help him achieve the justice he intended, she pitied him.

Her brother, Christian had once been naive as well, hoping that his father, the sperm donor, would come to love him eventually. His eventual disappointment was what led him to substance abuse and then, his death. She would not want Naruto, or anybody else, to experience that crushing hopelessness and despair but she was not in the business of coddling anybody, certainly not members of her team and that's what she was hoping Naruto would become.

A member of her team that worked as a third alternative in the current scenario. According to Emma, it was a fool's endeavour to join either of the two sides that were available for the mutant community.

Xavier was a fool if he thought that the government would accept mutants only if we helped them by becoming heroes and not taking proactive action in getting laws passed that would help mutant-kind.

Magneto, on the other hand, is a much bigger fool who refuses to recognise the effects of the trauma he had sustained during his childhood and as such, continues to lash out at the world for giving him pain. He doesn't understand that going by pure numbers, mutants are outnumbered immensely. No matter how powerful he thinks he is, humans will always find a way. She was sure of it.

How Magneto's issues did not get treated despite him being best buddies with Charles Xavier was beyond her understanding. Xavier's refusal to treat the mental illnesses of his friend was what led to many of the disasters of the man that she had to clean up. Despite the government only tolerating both of their organisations, they continued to believe in the extremes. Both of them are the extremes of the mutant community and she hoped to become the moderate cornerstone of the mutant community.

A third option, so to speak so that when a mutant who just wants to live a normal life is being hunted down by the authorities, he doesn't have to choose between an idiotic pacifist who will endanger your life by making them fight in his battles but not allowing them or giving them the proper tools to defend themselves, or chose the second option where they would have to join a bunch of rag-tag people who are just one step below terrorists and would be forced to assault innocent people who actually had nothing against them but just for the sake of your leader's voice can be heard by the people in power.

It was a dilemma she faced as well when she came to power by taking over Frost Industries once her father died a tragic death. She had told both of them that they were idiots if they thought she would legitimately join them but she had been extremely lucky back then to have her powers developed by the time they realised about her because she was pretty sure that without the protection granted by either of those fools, she would not have been able to survive had it not been for the extensive experimentation and training she did with her powers ever since she was but a confused teenager who was curious about the voices she heard in her head.

Then came the Hellfire Club and all that entailed joining it. Honestly, she was still curious as to what happened to Sebastian since he had not been seen since he was swallowed by a burning orange portal during Naruto's fight with Juggernaut.

Naruto, on the other hand, who was apparently favoured by the Ancient One herself, was constantly fidgeting with the container that was given to him by the same method Sebastian was swallowed, by an orange burning portal.

She had tried asking him about it but he refused to elaborate more on it until she held up her side of the bargain, i.e., giving him details about the assailant and also telling him how she had been at the right place at the right time.

She was not about to just hand over information to him free of cost so she was about to go to the meeting room where Naruto was waiting for her so they could hash out a deal which would benefit both of them, her more than him of course.

"What do you think?" She asked Elijah, one of the oldest additions to her team. He was one of her "sensory" assets, as in, someone whose powerset mandates that they stay off-field and help in their own way. Elijah, in particular, was blessed with information gathering. He was a master of information gathering even before he got his mutant powers. His powers also supplemented his skill sets, allowing him to gather information on targets by just staying in their general vicinity for a certain period of time. His powers were crucial because they also helped her identify the sub-species of a person without ever taking blood off them.

"He is definitely not a mutant," Elijah replied. She hummed in response. She was quite aware of that, especially since she saw with her own eyes, the number of powers that Naruto possessed made it almost impossible for him to be a natural-born mutant.

Mutants don't normally come with wholesale dozen different powers that Naruto had. Super speed, Super Strength, and Super reflexes can come hand in hand with an elevated physique power but those orange energy balls? They were a completely different power as far as she was concerned.

Even if she did assume the second one to be his secondary powerset, the third healing arm cannot be explained by him being a mutant or even a human, for that matter. She had her suspicions on his origin and she was about to voice them for Elijah when he himself replied.

"Whoever he is, he is human. At Least a part of him is human but it is all wrong."

Wrong?

"What do you mean, Wrong?"

"Wrong, as in his biology is very different from a normal human but my power is reading him to be a vanilla human. This is impossible since he also has an energy rating that is the highest I have ever recorded. Even the other person you brought it doesn't have the same energies Naruto has. Then there's the issue of his arm. My powers read that arm as a completely different object than Naruto's, rather than it being just his arm. The arm is also a plant or a tree according to my powers. This is the first time this has happened and I believe the reason for that is because Naruto is some sort of alien."

Alien? That seemed plausible to Emma since she was quite aware of all the different Alien species that had crash-landed on the planet since the thousands of years of recorded history. Also, it was ridiculously easy to glean classified information from heads of state before Xavier came in and offered every country the technology behind blocking telepathy.

"He might just be from another universe then?" Alex voiced in between them. He was still a little disturbed by what he had seen from Naruto because he very much believed before this fight that his barriers were the strongest barriers anybody with powers could produce but after seeing Juggernaut in action, he was not sure of his barriers holding up to the strength of someone of that level. It also didn't help that he clearly saw Naruto's barriers holding up just fine during their battle.

He was of the opinion that if the barrier spells could be taught, he would like to learn more about it since it would enhance his powers by an order of magnitude and she was all for it, once she had ascertained Naruto's exact relationship with the sorcerers since they could be unpredictable at the best of times and downright hostile at the worst. She couldn't risk the life of her team on just a hunch, she needed to be sure.

"Maybe, he is a human but from another multiverse? That's why my powers are acting all wonky since they are used to humans from our universe."

"What's a multiverse?"

"A multiverse is just a cluster of universes that are…"

The voices of Elijah and Alex faded in the background as she moved towards the meeting room with purpose.

She was just about to enter the room when a chill rose in her spine but before she could do anything but barely transform into her diamond form, something pushed her and she fell right into the burning orange portal, landing straight on hardwood flooring.

Immediately snapping up, she assumed a combat-ready stance as she looked around.

"Behind you, Ms.Frost," She swore that there was nobody there when she looked but now the Ancient One was standing in the same spot with her hands behind her back.

Sighing, she relaxed a bit before deactivating her diamond form. Crossing her arms beneath her chest, she said, "So, why have you called for me in this very rude manner here, Ancient One?"

The Ancient One looked at Emma with the same placid smile and empty eyes that made her shiver internally. It never failed to creep her out once she realised that the person in front of her was thousands of years old and was strong enough that she could wipe out even the Juggernaut with a single snap of her fingers.

She had been warned by all of the mystics she had found that the Ancient One was not someone to be crossed. She could and probably had trapped multiple enhanced people in a dimension where time passes, but only for their minds. Their body remains biologically immortal while their mind rots away in the eternity of time.

That single piece of information alone had dictated how she dealt with any sorcerer throughout her stint as the White Queen of the Hellfire Club.

"I am here with a warning. A warning about Mr.Uzumaki."

As she had expected, she was here for Naruto. Honestly, what was so special about him other than him being stronger than most people but pure brute strength would never appeal to someone like the Ancient One who could erase most people on the planet with but a single spell.

"What about him?"

She nodded, trying to hide her nervousness but in front of someone with the experience of a thousand years of doing the same, it felt like all of her secrets were laid bare. This is why she hated dealing with immortals.

Word Count - 2147

If you want to support my writing or just want to read ahead of the public release, you can head on to my
P*treon. It is the same name as my username.

I already have up to 8 extra chapters ahead there and will continue to add more as time passes.

#15 New
Disclaimer - I don't own anything. Please support the official release.

A SAGE ADRIFT

Emma still looked around the room out of habit to spot any escape points but from what she had heard about the Ancient One, she would have a better chance of getting Sebastian Shaw to do actual charity without actually hoping to get anything in return than being able to escape from the Ancient One without her will.

So, she just tapped her foot and crossed her arms, waiting for an answer from the Ancient One.

The Ancient One then once again snapped her fingers and it took all of her control to not flinch at the sudden movement as they found themselves in a small room sitting on a comfortable chair but even the ridiculously comfortable chair failed to provide any sort of comfort to her. A chill ran down her spine as she realised that despite being a telepath and an advanced one at that which allowed her to have an advanced thought processing speed, she was still unable to figure out what had just happened there.

"Mr.Uzumaki," The Ancient One began, "is a special case as you might have been told by your old friend Mystique but what you don't know is just how special and crucial he is to the universe and the inhabitants within, i.e., us."

"What?" She questioned with a tone of incredulity, "What has the universe got to do with him? I get that he is extremely strong but so are you and I don't see you being the lynchpin that holds the universe together,"

"I won't go into the details with you, Ms.Frost but know this, Mr.Uzumaki is someone who is destined for great things, and if Fate has its way, great things will happen to Earth as well. Right now, the future is in a great flux, and depending on the mindset that Mr.Uzumaki adopts from the things he witnesses, the future of the entire planet and the universe along with it will change."

Emma's brows furrowed in confusion at her statement, "Wait, you can see the future? And if he is so important supposedly then why was he living in the middle of nowhere doing menial labour?"

The Ancient One paused for barely a moment but Emma could clearly see the frown that was swiftly replaced from her face to return it back to her placid expression.

"Ms.Frost, some things must happen the way they happened for the most ideal future to come into play. What I want you to do is make sure that Mr.Uzumaki is not dragged into the dirty politics of the Hellfire Club and while I am sure he himself will do most of the work, I want you to make sure that he doesn't fall too much when he exacts his revenge or justice on the terrorist group. In exchange, I can guarantee you the complete obedience of one Sebastian Shaw."

Emma's eyes widened as she leaned forward in interest.

"Really?"

Having Sebastian under her heel would not only satisfy one of her greatest of wishes but also allow her business as well as clandestine operations to soar like never before. Also, it would add another very powerful mutant to her side. All in all, a very profitable deal for her. All she had to do was keep watch over a very powerful but a very naive person.

She eyed the Ancient One with suspicion evident in her eyes. "This almost seems too good to be true/"

The Ancient One once again snapped her fingers and this time, they found themselves standing in some sort of dungeon.

"This," The Ancient One began as she started walking through the door that had just opened with a loud creaking sound, "Is a dungeon where we, occasionally, keep prisoners that can turn out to be useful later on. Like, Mr.Shaw, for example."

Soon, they walked ahead and reached a cell where Shaw was kept. "Kept" would be a very apt term since he was splayed on a metallic bed with all his limbs tied to the ends, making for a very satisfying sight.

"You have no idea just how happy this makes me," Emma said as she tried to use her powers to peak into the mind of Shaw or anybody else here but promptly started coughing because her mind was just given a very painful slap by something before she could actually find something.

"Oh, yes. I would advise against using your powers here since this is a restricted zone and we regulate all types of powers in here. Mr.Shaw, for example, is not able to call on his powers." The Ancient One said as she crisscrossed her arms a couple of times in the air in a seemingly random pattern before a yellow door flashed in front of her. The cell bars then began to recede back into the ground slowly as the bed that Shaw was resting on was brought to the front.

"Why is he unconscious?" She found herself asking as she cleaned the blood that was trickling out of her nose due to the backlash of having her astral form be lightly damaged. Oh, the damage would heal soon enough but she would have to deal with a little headache for a couple of days.

"Because of that," The Ancient One pointed to the top of the bed where a small rectangular box jeweled with a small black piece of rock could be seen. The rock seemed to change colour and flicker for a second before turning back to its original appearance.

"That is something that I absolutely detest using. It is something that goes against everything I have ever taught to any of my students but Mr.Shaw here is a particularly useful person for you and a very apt example of the case that some people truly deserve the worst. That, Ms.Frost, is a mind-control gem, pure and simple. I have since sealed the entryway but there is a dimension made up of pure psionic energy."

Emma's eyes sparkled at that. She had recently found out from a wandering mystic that all mind-based powers came from one energy source: Psionic energy and the more psionic energy you have, the more powers you can exert. She was curious about any place where she could get the energy but the mystic had no idea where he could get it aside from mutants who were naturally born with a connection to a place of infinite psionic energy. She opened her mouth to ask the question but the Ancient One beat her to the answer.

"Yes, Ms.Frost, all psionic energy can be traced back to a single source and mutants are naturally born with a connection to it. In fact, all sentient beings have a connection to it but it is inactive for most of their lives. Now, back to the gem. Some sorcerers in the past devised a ritual to trap a part of the psionic energy and corrupt it to the point that should the owner of the relic decide, he could absolutely mould the mind of any ordinary person. Now, Mr.Shaw here is not an ordinary person by any means so I was able to get just a small change done to his mind. He is now absolutely obedient to you and you alone, Ms.Frost."

Emma's eyes sparked with interest at the mention of the gem. If she could get her hands on more of-

Just as the thought crossed her mind, goosebumps rose in her arms as she heard the Ancient One speak, "No, Ms.Frost. That is the last gem in existence which I had kept in case of a rainy day but I realise now that aside from a few vile people, no one deserves to have their mind controller. You, as a telepath, might not realise it but I have very strict guidelines against mind spells. Anyway, off you go," The Ancient One said while waving her hands that opened the bonds on Shaw's hands.

He then slowly began sliding off the slightly tilted beg right into a portal that swallowed him up and closed soon after.

At her questioning look, the Ancient One clarified, "Oh, that leads directly to one of the medical rooms of the base you are currently staying at. Feel free to check in on him later."

"Wait, That's it? How am I supposed to control him because the gem is still right there on the bed." Emma said while pointing at the top of the bed where the gem was. The gem no longer looked completely dark but had gained a brownish colour.

"Oh, the gem is already spent, Ms.Frost. The commands are permanently carved onto Mr.Shaw's brain. All you have to do is command him and he will follow, there is nothing complicated about this. Now, I'm sure you have a busy day ahead of you so I will not take much of your time."

"No, wait. I have so many questions, regarding both Naruto and-"

*Snap*

And Emma found herself standing in the same spot that she was before, in front of the meeting room that Naruto was presumably waiting in, for her. Before she could debate herself whether to go check on Shaw or talk with Naruto, the answer was taken out of her hands when Alex ran into her.

"Ms.Frost, thank god you are still here. Come, Sebastian Shaw just landed in the medical room. We have tried to stop him but he has defeated every one of us. Even my barriers could barely slow him down."

Her eyes widened once she realised that Shaw was actually conscious and going by the statement of the Ancient One regarding his mind, there was only a single thing that was changed and that was obedience to her. The rest of his mind was intact and he was still a prideful arrogant genocidal bastard who would not flinch at killing everyone in his way and right now, her entire team was in his way.

"Let's go, NOW!" She commanded Alex who formed a barrier around them and just rammed through walls, going straight to the medical room where Shaw was apparently dumped by the Ancient One. She cursed her in her mind for not informing her that Shaw would regain consciousness soon enough. There was nothing she could do for now aside from ordering him to stand down.

"STOP!" She shouted as soon as Shaw was in her line of sight. She tensed and activated her diamond form in case he didn't follow her orders but sighed in relief when it seemed that Shaw had heard her because his body literally froze the moment she had shouted.

All around the room, she could see members of her medical team strewn around, probably rag-dolled by him the moment he had awoken. Thankfully, none of them were seriously injured or worse, dead so she ordered for all of them to get themselves healed.

Thankfully, none of them needed the attention of a healer because the only person she knew who could heal people and was on good terms with them was Naruto himself and she had not yet cleared out a deal for them.

She still had to rethink everything now that the Ancient One had warned her. Maybe, bringing in Naruto was a mistake all along? She should have just handed him over to the hippies at Xavier's mansion and dusted her hands off the matter.

But, looking at the frozen form of Shaw as he hatefully looked at her with his eyes, she realised that her decision was correct even if the only benefit she got from the deal was Shaw himself.

The things she would do to him, in revenge, Oh, she could barely wait and control herself but before she could act out on her wildest fantasies, she said, "Shaw, you can move once I am done speaking. You are not to act against any member of my team, here or outside. You will not intentionally withhold information or hold action that could end up harming me or any member of my team. You will not use your powers on anyone without my express permission. You are not allowed to contact anybody outside of the people in this base without my permission. You are not allowed to speak unless spoken to. You will answer all of my questions truthfully. You will not contact any spies that you might have on my team. That's all."

A wide smile plastered itself on her face as Shaw lowered his arm and looked at her grinning visage with a hateful snarl on his face, unable to do anything except look.

Oh, this was going to be so much fun for her.

Word Count - 2149

If you want to support my writing or just want to read ahead of the public release, you can head on to my

I already have up to 8 extra chapters ahead there and will continue to add more as time passes.

#16 New
isclaimer - I don't own anything. Please support the official release.

A SAGE ADRIFT

Naruto was currently waiting in the meeting room for Emma. He had been told that she had some information for him that would interest him. He knew what it was going to be.

She was aware that he was not going to leave Friends of Humanity alone, not after all that had happened. He was now going to make sure that it was dismantled thoroughly, down to its last member but he was also aware that this was not the Elemental Nations and he could not just go around asking for justice for everyone just by the virtue of his power.

Things didn't work that way here. Bureaucracy, something that was used for the benefit of the people was used here to chain the same people. He would have to go through so many heaps of bureaucracy that by the time he would have gotten the first person convicted, the entire organisation would have changed names and continued where they had left off and he would be left standing there with nothing but a single expendable person convicted as a scapegoat. He would have had to start over again if he wanted to catch anybody else and that was not realistic, no matter how long-lived he might be.

So, the next best course of action would be to use the resources of another organisation with similar strength to destroy that organisation. That was a slippery slope in and of itself because how would he ensure that the people he helped destroy Friends of Humanity would not turn out to be even worse than them?

Because of questions like these, he was frustrated and in his frustration, his mind went back to the Elemental Nations and everything that must be happening there, further worsening his mood. That led him to meditate in the waiting room, hoping that they would just awaken him should the need arise.

"Um, Naruto, Sir?"

He didn't know how much time had passed before he felt somebody speak something. Exhaling heavily, he opened his eyes to see that nobody was present in the room. He looked around in confusion only to hear the voice again, coming from the speakers this time.

"Um, Sir?"

"Yes?"

"Sir, Miss Frost is busy at the moment so she will not be able to accompany you. If you want, can I have someone accompany you back to your quarters?"

After thinking it over for a moment, Naruto nodded and then replied vocally because he was not sure if there were cameras in the room or not, "Sure."

"Okay," The voice hesitantly replied. One thing he had noticed in the short period he had been in the base was that almost everybody, from the support staff to the janitors to even the team members were deathly afraid of him.

He didn't know why because he was not someone who would just go on assaulting someone on a whim. He supposed that beating the Juggernaut did count as an achievement but it was not like he was in a good condition after the fight. If it was not for Emma, he would probably be apprehended by the authorities and then chucked into some deep dark government cell, waiting to be experimented on or recover from his injuries, whichever came first.

He was more than aware of the policies of the US government that led to all their encounters with all the enhanced people. It was usually them assaulting and detaining the person, usually denying them every single right that was usually afforded to their normal citizens. Then, they are taken to some remote site for "interrogation", where they are never seen or heard from ever again.

"I guess the Ancient One could have helped me but that is still a big leap of faith to take for someone you had met for a couple of hours only," Naruto muttered before he heard the door knocking so he went ahead and opened it.

Outside, waiting for him was one of the support staff who was supposed to escort him back to his quarters.

"Um, Hello? I am supposed to take you back to your quarters. My name is Jake if that helps."

"Yeah, thank you for that. This place is so huge I could easily get lost. By the way, how did Emma build this huge place in such a hostile environment?" He questioned her as they kept walking purely as a way to pass the time and break the silence.

"Oh, I guess I never asked anyone that. I was more concerned with my paycheck than how people with powers built a place that would have been impossible to build even with modern machinery. Also, I don't think I have the necessary clearance level for that." Jake replied, not even missing a beat as he fast-walked in front of Naruto.

Fair enough, Naruto mused to himself as he easily matched the pace of Jake as he hastily tried to get rid of Naruto.

"Thank you for escorting…me," Naruto said but before he could properly thank Jake, he bowed and left in a hurry, as if he was escaping from Naruto.

Really, people could be so weird sometimes.

Sighing, Naruto closed the door behind him and looked at his quarters. However, calling them just quarters would be doing them an injustice. It was more like a luxurious penthouse than just a staff quarter. He had a sneaking suspicion that this place was probably reserved for more important people, like Emma herself because it was even bigger than his house back home, which housed 4 people with…ease.

Ah, he missed home. He wondered how everything was going back home. It sucked not knowing the status of his village, his best friend, his teacher, and his family.

He sighed audibly and chose to take a nap in the undoubtedly luxuriously comfortable bed that was waiting for him in the Master Bedroom and as he opened the door, yup, it was luxurious alright. He just hoped that it allowed him to sleep for a while because ever since he came to this new reality, his sleep schedule had been fucked seven ways to Sunday.

…..

"So, what is the verdict here, Sona?" Emma asked as she paced in the medical room, waiting for reports about all the tests they had conducted on Shaw ever since she had ordered him to sleep. It was disturbingly easy for her to even control his body functions now. Functions that should have been autonomous could now easily be controlled by her. She could probably even order him to stop breathing and he would have no choice but to comply. As much fun as it would undoubtedly be, it worried her far more about the possibilities of such artifacts existing outside of the domain of the Ancient One and the far more scary possibility of such a thing being used on her as well. She would have to talk to her, scarce as they may be, contacts in the sorcerer community and figure out if such things exist and if they do, inform the Ancient One about the existence of such things because she was not sure she trusted anyone with that level of power.

Not even herself and it was funny because ever since she had gotten her powers, she had been manipulating people without any guilt but in this situation, it bothered her to actually control people without using her powers. She had checked her mental shields more than once to see if the Ancient One had somehow cast a spell on her mind without her noticing but failed to find any signs of any tampering with her mental state. Even if the Ancient One was immortal and over a thousand years old, she should still be working with the laws of psionic manipulation rather than bypassing them altogether. However, what would she know when compared to a person who had over a thousand years to perfect their craft?

Emma sighed audibly. All this thinking was getting her nowhere. She had to figure out exactly what had happened to Shaw but she was pretty sure that she was not going to get any answer out of the most advanced tech that she had on hand at the moment.

Just as she predicted, "I am sorry Ms.Frost but there is nothing wrong with Mr.Shaw here, at least from what I am able to glean from the data." The lab tech said before she dismissed him and left the medical room after giving orders for Shaw to be under a strict lockdown with no one going in or out of his quarters.

She was sure he could survive a couple of days without food and water.

She had a more important person to attend to, at the moment but the matter with Shaw had already diverted her attention too much. She had already been informed that Naruto had retired to his chambers and from the data they were getting from the motion sensors in his quarters, he was already sound asleep. So, she decided to get something over with before she went to sleep.

Coming to her office, she took a seat at the table and called someone she had no interest in talking to but had to tolerate because of their somewhat shared goals.

"Hello, Charles. Let's talk about Mr.Uzumaki and why you should steer clear of him."

….

"What did she say, Charles?" Charles Xavier sighed as Logan asked him.

What could he answer?

They did not adequately stress the importance to Naruto for the threat that they expressly warned him about. He had no idea that Cain of all people would be there.

If he did, he would have been the first person on the farm because he had lost track of his stepbrother a while ago and had been searching for him ever since.

Juggernaut, for all the wrong reasons, was a threat that needed to be actively contained. His being unleashed in the middle of a civilian area was something that could not be forgiven. It being done by the terrorist group Friends of Humanity was even more terrifying. It meant that their suspicions that they had had for a long time were true. There was someone or multiple someone in the government, high up the chain, that were supporting the terrorist group otherwise it would have been impossible for them to acquire Cain on their lonesome.

It would seem that he would have to contact Eric again for this. They might have their differences but he could not, in the right conscience, leave something like this up to fate.

While he might not like Eric's methods in dealing with their respective enemies, he could not deny the effectiveness of those. It's just that while that method did succeed in getting rid of their enemies, it also rid them of whatever little goodwill they had gained with the government instantly.

Nowadays, even getting someone from the government on the phone without a threat is a chore and a half. A chore that could not be left to anyone else as nobody other than him was equipped to deal with politicians.

His powers and the experience that came with his age made him a perfect candidate to deal with the political side of things. But there were some things that no one with a sane mind would admit to in the government, no matter the threats he could issue.

It was the fact that the government actively dealt with detainment and then used mutants as weapons.

For that, he would need pure muscle and even then, it might not be enough.

Hmm, maybe he would have to approach Mr.Uzumaki, after all. Despite Emma's warnings, she had not actually been forthcoming as to exactly why Naruto was of such importance and why they had to make sure he was firmly on the side of mutant-kind.

From what he had seen from the suppressed memories of the survivors of that incident (Emma did a good job but he had been doing it a lot longer than her), Mr.Uzumaki was someone with multiple powers. Something that should have been impossible naturally but he was not aware of any recent project that had the potential of creating someone like him.

The other thing was that Mr.Uzumaki never registered as a mutant to any of his senses or even to Cerebro.

That left the question, Who exactly was Mr.Uzumaki?

"Charles..Charles?"

"Um, Yes, Logan?"

"What is on your mind?"

"Nothing much, just thinking of our blue-eyed whiskered friend."

"Ah, I don't think he thinks of us as friends, Charles," Logan said while rolling his eyes and his wheelchair out of his office.

Word Count - 2144

P.S. - Sorry for the delay in posting chapters. I was busy with bank chores.
Toodaloo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back