1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Slice of my Life

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by EightMDB, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Threadmarks: Chapter 1: Reentry
    EightMDB

EightMDB Getting out there.

“Interesting” A voice around me sounds out.

“What is?” I reply back

“Well then, even more interesting than first appears” I hear behind me, spinning around, I reply.

“How does this go again? You some sort of ROB?”

“By your standards, yes.” The man? replies. Their voice and features change every time I blink. Sometimes male, sometimes female, other times completely androgynous.

“For your purposes feel free to call me ROB. You, after all, will only meet me this once. After this point you will be free to do as you choose, with little to no restrictions on your actions.” They say seeming to preempt my voice.

“Little?” I reply back, treating this the same way I would any deal with a supernatural being.

“Little.” They say again before continuing. “The purpose of my visit is simple. Entertainment. It matters little what kind, and you will be free to do as you choose as long as we can continue to look on, even in your eventual rise to our status. Although, at that point I feel our conditions will have to be by your willingness to meet them.”

“So, my rise to ROB status is guaranteed?” I say focusing on what I think is the most important feature, because the conditions applied to me for this deal, they confirmed, are temporary.

“Not quite... I’m sure you are familiar with the idea of the multiverse and its expansion of omniverse and further expansion into multiverse of omniverses.” They say.

“Yes. If the multiverse is real, and each multiverse is viewed as a leaf on a branch. Then each branch would be an omniverse and the collection of these omniverses would be a tree, and there would be a forest of infinite trees.” I say trying to find some way to explain my thought process.

“Not entirely correct, but close enough.” They reply. “Just as I am meeting you here, there are also an infinite number of me meeting you and an infinite number not meeting you. This could be one eventuality in which you do reach ROB status or simply die in your attempts at reaching that status. Perhaps, in one, I take you to a setting entirely unfamiliar to you and without methods to gain the Planeswalker abilities. All of these are eventualities that are possible in this wide, wide omniverse.”

“So... Do I have a choice in any of these settings?” I say, hoping the answer to be yes.

“Not this one.” They say, waving their hand and then my vision blanks and I lose all feeling.

I awake to the view of the stars. 'It's beautiful' I think before realizing that I'm moving. Twisting in space is quite a bit more difficult that you would think, a planet below me. A jewel, several continents, ranging from Savannah's and Deserts, to lush jungles and green plains.

As I fall, my thoughts catch up to me over my situation.

“That fucking bastard put me in fucking orbit!” I scream out falling to the ground. I notice, though, that I don’t recognize the continents.

Continuing to scream out, I end up faceplanting into a field of what looked to be wheat.

“Aaaaaa-“ I yell out before getting a mouthful of dirt.

Unsurprisingly, I am unhurt. It just doesn’t make sense for that fucking ROB to outright kill me.

I sit up and take note of my body. It feels different. My hands from what I can see, are callused and pale. Like I hadn’t seen the sun in a long while.

I hear feet rushing towards me, while I’m marveling at my body. As they get closer I turn and see a woman with similar features rushing towards me. She stops and looks me over before looking at my face. Grinning slightly, she walks towards me and stops less than a foot away.

I also begin to look her over, slowly, I don’t know if she’s hostile or not.

She starts looking visibly confused. She reaches towards my head, and I flinch back. She stops and then haltingly begins to walk closer to me.

Why hasn’t she asked me if I’m alright? She’s looking me over to make sure I don’t have injuries.

A child comes running up behind her before calling out. “Ah”.

It seems to be more an indication of calling out their presence than a call for attention. But nonetheless, it pushes my attention from the woman to the child. In that moment, she grabs me in a chokehold. Trying and failing to break free, my vision slowly failing me before everything goes black.

Not this shit again.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    meloa789, moontheir4 and Gigant like this.
  2. Gigant

Gigant The Jackal Of Tsagualsa

Human centric story?

EightMDB likes this.
  3. Sideways

Sideways Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

You should try being more descriptive in your writings. I've never awoken in outer space around an alien planet, but I don't think you do the experience justice.

4. EightMDB

EightMDB Getting out there.

I awake to the view of the stars. 'It's beautiful' I think before realizing that I'm moving. Twisting in space is quite a bit more difficult that you would think, a planet below me. A jewel, several continents, ranging from Savannah's and Deserts, to lush jungles and green plains.

As I fall, my thoughts catch up to me over my situation.

(Enter the start of the fall already posted)

Is this better? As I was writing I had to remind myself to actually describe stuff

5. Sideways

Sideways Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

That's much better.

EightMDB likes this.