1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Adventures of a errant soul (harry potter x -overs)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Loventrix, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Loventrix

Loventrix Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Well, I'm new to this place and a new writer. I've been lurking for a small amount of time and found a lot of good stories, so here I am publishing a plot Bunny that's been in my head for a long time. It feels weird posting this 'cause this is super outside of my comfort zone showing a story. That's been in my head. And then just releasing it to the public. I've done this with two other stories on fanfiction. Then I abandoned the stories 'cause. I just felt so self-conscious. But here I am again. Stepping outside of my comfort zone and following through with this story that I have in my head. So I'm welcome to constructive criticism and hoping everyone can show me where I can improve in my writing.

“Well, well, well. Look at here. Seems you managed it, little soul. Mostly intact too. Well, I did say I'd give you a gift if you managed to get out of there. Now the question is what to give you.”

While this being. Was debating on what he was going to give me for a gift I was more focused on preventing my soul from shattering to thousands of pieces, from trying to escape the waste. The dumping ground, as he so called it, was not welcoming. I was lucky enough to survive the dumping ground as he so put it before he found me. From the things that I encountered; I should have died the moment that I appeared. Something was watching over me and stopped the minute he interacted with my soul. From the few other lost souls, I encountered in the wasteland and dare I even call them souls. Death there was permanent. There was no afterlife. You just ceased to exist. All Recollection of you from the world you came from or the world you might have gone to would have been deleted from reality.

“First thing first, little soul. Let's get you all patched up.”

As this Beings power flowed through my soul, I could feel it mending the rips and tears that would have caused my soul to shatter.

“With your soul all patched up. Now I think I've decided on what I wanted to give you as a gift for escaping the wasteland. So, I don't have call in favors. I'll give you my version of A new beginning.”

"Hello. My name is Naomi. I have been assigned to errant soul number 44782. I'll be your assistant to help you select your whole new life and the world you will be starting it in.”

“And with that, Naomi here will help you start your new life. To help you out and to put less stress on Naomi, I'll give you some parting advice. The multiverse is a very real thing, and Naomi here will help you pick a world to start your new life in. And because the multiverse is real, you will not be restricted to this singular world. If you can find a way to leave it behind, you may without cosmic law preventing you.”

“To help errant soul number 44782, I have selected a few worlds that I have deemed you would like to live in based off of your life memories.”

Nier: automata.
    Naruto.
    Marvel. (Cinematic universe.)
    Harry Potter.
    Overlord.

“Now, before we finalize your decision on what world you would like to start your new life in. We must first start off with what perks you will receive in your new life. After all, you survived the dumping grounds and somebody tampering with a Nexus point in time that revolved around your death.”

Perks:
    Shroud. (Cybernetic)
    Mind, Soul, and destiny defense

“Keep in mind Errant Soul number 44782. These perks that have been assigned to have been grabbed from the company from which your Patron created the base scheme for. Meaning this company will have its eye on you.”

“Naomi. What are you?” I asked

Whatever Naomi was. She never produced a feeling in this expanding void that I found myself in after escaping the waste. Whatever being that assigned Naomi to me produced an energy in the void that allowed me to know where they were, that there was something there.

“Errant soul number 44782. What I am is classified.”

“Please. Naomi. My name is Adrian. Could you please clarify what shroud is?

“Changing designation of Errant soul number 44782 to Adrian. The shroud is a type of power of solidified magic that acts as an extension of you will. Specifically, yours is a cybernetic shroud. It interfaces with all things that relate to technology it will also help you learn about technology faster in the aspects of building and interfacing with the cyberworld. It can also manifest itself by imitating objects like ropes, knives, swords or tendrils that you can control

“Thank you, Naomi. I've decided I'd like to start my new life in the world of Harry Potter.”

“Designated World Harry Potter. Thank you for choosing your world, Adrian. Me and your patron wish you good luck in your new life. Keep us entertained.”
    “Wait, what do you………...

“………. Mean keep us entertained”

“Adrian, it's not nice to mumble. Now I'm going to ask you again one more time mister why is it that you're not up in your bed?”

“What do you mean, Mom?” feeling the word. Mom, come out of my mouth. Felt foreign for I knew that the lady that was standing in front of me was not my mother. But at the same time. She was. “It's not that late and school hasn’t even started yet. Why is it that I must go to bed so early?”

“Because mister Tomorrow is a big day. We must get up early to get all the supplies you'll need for school.”

“But Mom school doesn't start until September, and it's only June. You don't need to go shopping for school supplies yet, do we?”

“Now, now, no arguing with your mother. It's time for you to go up to bed. Unless you want to be grounded for the rest of the week. Mister”

“Yes, ma'am.”

As I started making my way to the stairs. I couldn't believe that what was happening to me was happening. During my whole time in the wasteland, it just kept going through my head that this was my judgment that would prove whether I should go to heaven or hell. Or I was on my deathbed and everything that I've been through was just and hallucination. But once I finally entered my bedroom and prepared to go to sleep, it hit me. This was REAL. Once that realization hit me. A grin slowly crept onto my face. I couldn't remember much from my past life. A lot of it was wiped away when I found myself in the void. But the few snippets that I do remember when my whole life was flashing before my eyes. Is that during my death, my thought was I was dying too young. But according to the being in the void, I died. Later than I was supposed to.

Whatever happened to me in my previous life was no longer important. What is important is what was happening now. I had to think. What life was I entering or taking over? I knew my name was still Adrian. But now I had a mom and a dad. Which felt foreign to me before. I believe I never had either of those. My mother's name was kyori. And my father's name was Nathaniel. I was just about to enter middle school. Or to be correct, I was in primary school year six because I was in Britain. I know I never grew up in Britain, so I know that I'll have to adjust well when I head to Hogwarts. Even when I go to primary school that starts in September.

Going through the new memories that no inhabited my head. I know that a few friends that I made in my previous years in primary school. Luckily enough for me, we just move so I don't have to remember their names or my old interactions with them. For something then I notice that the memories that are coming to me aren't full. They're like a brief summary of the life that I’ve taken over. Hopefully tomorrow will bring more answers. And what I must expect in this new world I've entered will me being here affect the story as I know it. Or will I be lucky and if I don't interact with Harry and his friends, I shouldn't affect the main story? But then comes the question is. Do I want to stay in the background, or do I want to step fully into the story? After all, who wouldn't want to affect their favorite story when they're growing up?