1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anime/Manga Search Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by local_cryptid, Oct 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. local_cryptid

local_cryptid Proud member of the Nero Faction

I've recently had trouble finding both some manga I vaguely remember and a decent place to ask for help in looking for it. To rectify that issue, I've decided to start this thread in hopes of helping us all find the names of those elusive anime/manga which we've seen once and then forgotten about until they decided to rear their heads as half-forgotten memories. As such, feel free to post your questions, answers, and theories regarding your experiences in that area.

If the anime/manga in question is ecchi (as if there are few of those) or outright 18+, please put it in spoilers and don't provide links. Thank you.

To start us off, the manga I've mentioned is a comedy one-shot about your typical japanese high-schooler who's 'attacked' by a kemonomimi girl. Later on, her creator / master, a short mad scientist brunette, turns up and orders her to actually attack him with intent to harm, but true love manages to break the control.

In the end, the brunette transfers to his class (foot on bucket, triumphant pose, hammy declaration, the whole nine yards) and a side panel reveals that she wanted vengeance for him calling her a little kid a while back.

Now, I'm not sure, but I think it used to be on mangafox a while back. I do know that it had a more serious rewrite by another author as a longer, serialized work, but kept the name.

Can anybody shine some light on this?

2. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

That one was a nsfw manga. I remember it too, didn't they make an hentai anime for it?

local_cryptid likes this.
  3. local_cryptid

NSFW? I completely forgot about that. I don't think there was an anime adaptation, though it's entirely possible one was made in the meantime.

4. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Honestly, there is a manga I'm searching for as well.

The genres would likely be comedy, school life, and fantasy.

It's about the reincarnations of Lucifer and Michel that were reborn in the world as middle school girls. Michel is Lucifer's childhood friend in the manga that keeps watch making sure that Lucifer doesn't wake within her friend since that would cause a lot of shit to go down.

The Lucifer middle school girl even had incidents where she was crying because she was late for school she accidentally caused a massive earthquake that sucked the school into the ground and caused a lot of death that freaked her out when she finally got to school, though Michel rewound time like it never happened and managed to wake Lucifer at the start of the day so she wasn't late for school at the reset.

That was the first chapter I believe.

There was also Lucifer faction that started to appear trying to wake their leader though some were against it as they loved the modern world that humans built.

Yeah, the manga was crazy but it was good fun. Still don't know what the fucking name it has.

-edit-

Managed to find it.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  5. local_cryptid

Color me interested. What's the name?

6. OverReactionGuy

Shiharu Genesis, but sadly the translation for it went dead with the scan group. It was pretty funny.

7. local_cryptid

Thanks, gonna give it a shot. Too bad the group went dead, though, but let's hope someone picks it up.

8. OverReactionGuy

Been years so it'll be highly unlikely.

9. zenaku

zenaku Help! My Muse is trying to kill me!

sorry for bumping this, but it seems like the place to ask. I'm looking for an anime. Would have been around 2009 or earlier. I only saw the first episode, but it took place in a post-virus apocalypse world that had wiped out all men, except for some who were cryogenically frozen. Worse, the virus had contaminated the remaining sperm samples that had been frozen. There was a scene where a woman, desperate to have a child, had stolen a sample and injected it into herself so she could conceive. Only to become instantly petrified in a block of stone. Wish i could tell you more, but it was on the Anime Network, and their updating was sporadic. So I never saw beyond that first episode.

10. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

Sounds like ICE, a three episode OVA from 2007

11. zenaku

Looks like it. Guess my memory warped some in the 10+ years since I've seen it.

12. zenaku

Sorry for the double post, but its been a while so I should be okay. Looking for a manga I saw. A guy decides to buy a trio of slave girls, planning on using them for his pleasure when they get older. The rest of the manga has him teaching and taking care of them, trying to come across as cruel when he is actually being quite nice and kind.