• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

tehelgee

The stern gaze of justice.
Administrator
So, yeah, 51.2kb is small for an avatar, I think. Mine is bigger than that(admin privilege!), so I've decided to up the limit after a convo with alethiophile about it not putting undue burden on the server.

If loading times seem to get significantly worse for you, let me know here.

I've noticed a large amount of lag when loading pages via my phone, but not my laptop. It might just be my phone being fussy, or something, but I've had the slow loading time both at home (with a slow-ish connection) and at work (with a better connection).

Not much else to say here...

Perhaps this will open the floodgates to people with non-tiny gifs making them into avatars.
Still, I'll stick with my piece of catgirl perfection.

I have noticed absolutely no change, and will probably come back in a week to see if I notice anything by then.

Edit1: Been four days, no differences noticed. It was a weekend too.

Edit2: Been two weeks ish, no differences noticed.

Last edited:
It seems fine, but I doubt there are actually all that many avatars taking advantage of the increased size, given that most people have likely stuck with the old avatar (or just plain don't have one). I'm not actually sure if a week's time is actually sufficient to test for actual performance issues.

It has been a month (and I am aware this may hit necro rules) but I have still yet to see any differences.

So if I upload a picture that's larger than those kilobytes it won't automatically be shrunk? or

Users who are viewing this thread

Back