• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Aw, Crap (Worm/Marvel/DC)

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

This is a crossover between the Worm, DC, and Marvel universes. The DC and Marvel Universes used...

jcogginsa

Versed in the lewd.
This is a crossover between the Worm, DC, and Marvel universes. The DC and Marvel Universes used are not any canon incarnation, but versions i've created for the fic. The purpose of doing so is to maintain an even playing field. This is not a curb stomp fic. The Worm side of it is also an AU, but not to the extent of the DC and Marvel sides.

Tempting Fate 1.1
Tempting Fate 1.1

I touched down at the Boston meeting place minutes after I got the message.
The new leader of the local protectorate, Miss Militia, and the leader of the Ambassadors, awaited me.

I walked toward them and as I reached them, they turned and walked with me.

"Most of the locals are already here," Miss Militia said, "Accord's contingencies for this occasion helped in the matter."

I turned to the man, "Your powers work on Endbringers?"

"Only in a limited capacity," Accord said crisply. "The more they are involved the less it works."

I nodded. Right now preparing for the coming fight was the top priority.

"Boston is a soft target," Accord continued. "We will need to strike hard and fast to end it before the city is lost."

-----

Ten minutes later, more teams had arrived. The Brockton Bay contingent and the ones from New York, Houston, and Los Angeles. Strider was bringing in new teams every few minutes, but the next two to arrive would come from a place even further than he could reach.

A scant two months ago, two alternate universes had make contact with Earth Bet. Not merely communicating information, but actual physical contact. And both worlds had a sizable number of heroes. Heroes who'd agreed to help when the Endbringers attacked. This was their first battle, but I hoped they would make a big difference.
There was a loud boom, as a thundering portal appeared. A Boom Tube, as the natives of the other earth called them.

The first nine through the gate were their the founders of their Superteam. The Justice League.
From the right, they were Static, Aquaman, Manhunter, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Hawkwoman, The Flash, and Green Lantern.

My attention focused on their leader, Superman. He wore a skin tight blue bodysuit that, speaking as a married man, looked very good on him. The Centerpiece of the suit was on the chest, a red shield emblem with an S inside, as well as white fill-in. Other than the body suit and symbol, the costume included red boots, red strongmen briefs , a red cape with a white version of his emblem, a white belt, and white cuffs. What it didn't include was a mask.

Superman walked up to me and offered his hand. I took it, and shook.

The rest of the founders stepped aside, as more of their number entered through the portal. Local wards began handing out the wristbands Dragon had created.

The Portal closed as the last hero stepped through. A few minutes later, a new one opened, this one significantly quieter. The premier heroes of their world, the Avengers, stepped out. From the right they were The Vision, Captain Marvel, The Wasp, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, The Hulk, The Scarlet Witch, and the Black Panther.

Captain America's costume was a modified soldier's uniform. The chest had a white star and a vibrant blue whilst the abdomen sported red and white lines. The legs were a camoflage pattern of various shades of blue, whilst the sleeves were the same except in red. He boots were a deep blue and his mask was made of a blue helmet. strapped to his back was a metallic shield

----

The room was filled with capes from across three dimensions. I sighed inwardly. Now I had to brief them, tell them that they were probably going to die. And with all the capes here who had no real conception of what the Endbringers were, I would have to emphasize that. And the worst part was...

It wasn't anywhere near the worst thing that was gonna happen today.

There are more chapters, but they'll be posted tomorrow because it's late and fixing all the formatting will eat up too much time

I notice you've modified Superman's costume slightly ... hmm.

Still, will read.

Yes. I've modified several of the characters costumes. Helps to sell the "These are not canon DC and Marvel" thing, in a subtle way
So Supes has gone from "Bright primary colours" to "red white and blue" huh? :D

I remember this on sb. :3

Tempting Fate 1.2
Tempting Fate 1.2

"We owe thanks to Dragon and Armsmaster for the early alert," I said with no preamble. I didn't need one.​

"Thanks to that, we have more time to prepare. Not much, but every amount helps. Further, I'm sure you all see faces around that you've never seen before. I can't go into specifics, but what I can tell you is that they are heroes from another world. Heroes who will help us protect our world. With their help, I am confident that we can make this a good day. But I can't in good conscience let you fight without giving you the basic facts. On a good day, one in four of you will die."

A murmur went through the crowd. I gave it a moment to abate, before continuing.

"I want to stress one thing. Do. Not. Underestimate. Leviathan. He possesses incredible strength, incredible speed, and a ruthless cunning. He may seem unintelligent, but that couldn't be further from the truth."

I paused, again to let the crowd process this.

"His greatest ability is hydrokinesis. He controls water on a macro scale. He creates tsunamis, torrents of rain. His every movement is mirrored by an afterimage of water, moving so fast it's like concrete."

Another pause.

"And, the factor that will make this fight so deadly. He can manipulate the water in the ground, disrupt it continuously until the ground collapses around you. He's sunken entire islands that way. Newfoundland. Kyushu. Boston is like them, a soft target. The Swampland and the Big Dig tunnel are hugely vulnerable to Leviathan's MO. That means that we need to strike hard, and strike fast. We don't lose sight of him for even a moment, we don't let up."

I turned to Armsmaster, and he began to speak up, explaining about the armbands.

Once he finished, I shouted "Those who have faced an Endbringer before, stand! Those who have not, follow their lead. If we do not send orders contradicting them, then they are your best shot at survival."

After that, we began directing capes to various leaders, organizing them by power and usefulness. Our alliance with the other worlds immediately bore fruit. They each had a high level weather manipulator amongst them. Storm from Earth Gimel's X-Men and Weather Wizard from Earth Dalet's Task Force X. They were being placed on a platform that would be elevated into the sky. If they could neutralyze Leviathan's storm, then keeping track of him would be much easier.

Minutes passed. And then, he arrived.

"Shields!" I cried.

They raised just in time to neutralyze his initial wave, but Leviathan himself smashed right though

Bastion CD-1, deceased. Invisible Woman, CD-1 down, Songbird CD-1, deceased. Quark CD-1, down. Resolute CD-1, down. Booster Gold CD-1, down. Argent CD-1, down. Shielder, CD-1 deceased. Unuscione, CD-1 deceased. Repeller CD-1, deceased. Marcel CD-1, Deceased

Leviathan moved to kill those who were down, but a red blur sped through the area, evacuating them.

Leviathan suddenly went still. I didn't hesitate, and loosed a powerful, continuous laser. The rest of the artillery division followed suit. I noticed Superman's heat vision cut deep into Leviathan, deeper than my laser was. I can't describe the happiness that caused.

Leviathan went into a tumble, practically launching his water shadow at us. We scattered.

Purity CD-6, down. Iron Man CD-6, down. Halo CD-6, deceased. Viridescent CD-6, deceased.

Leviathan sped towards Iron Man, but his water shadow did something abnormal. It stayed. A double of Leviathan, made entirely of water, threw itself at the other blasters. Meanwhile, the real Leviathan, complete with a new water shadow, rushed towards the armored hero.

I fired a staccato burst of curving lasers, trying to steer him away from Iron Man, all whilst trying to figure out why he was suddenly bringing out a new tactic.

The I realized what I had missed. I looked to the sea, and saw nothing.

No waves, no churning. A completely calm sea. How was it possible? It must be one of the heroes from the other world. That was the only explanation.

No matter. I had to focus on Leviathan.

Cheating Leviathan is a cheater.

Liking it. Flash is best at search and rescue.

You killed Halo? Aww.

And Legend is getting a crush on Supes, I see. Not altogether surprising. :D

Tempting Fate 1.3
Tempting Fate 1.3

My lasers sent Leviathan into a tumble, but he righted himself without pause. The water clones left in his wake surged out, keeping Superman and Thor from interfering.

A portal opened in between Iron Man and Leviathan, and the Hulk leapt through. He threw a punch, and Leviathan responded in kind. The thunderous collision shattered nearby glass, but The Hulk didn't even have time to fall before Leviathan followed up with a punch to the gut.

Two of Leviathan's clones double teamed the Hulk, whilst the melee division engaged the endbringer.
Wonder Woman and Alexandria lead the charge, Wonder Woman going for the left whilst Alexandria went for the right. Leviathan back flipped, and a water clone surged forth, carrying away Alexandria and Wonder Woman before smashing into several other capes.

Armsmaster CD-3, down. Chevalier CD-3, down. Weld CD-3, down. The Thing CD-3, down. Bambina CD-3, deceased. Hookwolf CD-3, down. Battery CD-3, down. Adamant CD-3, deceased. Hawkwoman CD-3, down.

Whilst Leviathan was low to the ground, a stream of identical women appeared nearby before disappearing, leaving only the one at the tail end of the stream. A cut appeared across the front of Leviathan's neck. The woman was Black Kaze. At one time bound for the Birdcage, she was given the opportunity to instead join a special team. They only ever went after S-Class threats, like the Endbringers. She was a survivor from Kyushu, and thus had a certain ill-will towards Leviathan that few could match.

The woman disappeared again, avoiding being crushed by a water clone. Green bands dug into Leviathan's wound, courtesy of the Green Lantern. He pulled, as if trying to pull the skin off of Leviathan's head. He broke off the attempt when Leviathan fired a bullet of water larger than the Lantern's body right at him.

I fired a burst of lasers at him, but he ducked away the moment before they would have hit him, causing them to strike a clone instead.

"I'm back in business," Iron Man's voice said over the wristbands. I looked for him, as he was no longer where he'd fallen. I saw a new suit in his colors, half as tall as the Endbringer, rocketing towards Leviathan. I remembered that he'd called it the Hulkbuster.

The Hulkbuster threw a punch, but Leviathan evaded it. As he sailed by, Leviathan grabbed hold of the Hulkbuster's arm. Leviathan used his afterimage to redirect his momentum and struck the Hulkbuster's elbow with his free fist. The arm severed instantly.

I tried firing on him, but Leviathan turned, flicking a spike of water straight through me. As I reflexively shifted into my breaker state, he tossed the Hulkbuster's arm into something behind him, causing an explosion.

The Hulkbuster led Leviathan behind a building, and I rushed to follow. A water clone crashed into me from the side.

Legend CD-4, down.

----

Fortunately, my power got me back on my feet a few moments later. That was an eternity in an Endbringer fight, but I'd at least still be in the battle.

A massive explosion went off in the sky. I looked up and saw Leviathan falling underneath it, above the Hulkbuster. Leviathan hammered the Hulkbuster as they fell. The two dropped right onto the John Hancock tower, crashing all the way to the ground floor.

Iron Man CD-7, deceased.

... ah, crap indeed.

RIP Tony Stark. You will be missed. (Bambina won't. But Starlet's gonna be peeved. And can Levi even begin to harm August Prince?)

"At one time bound for the Birdcage, she was given the opportunity to instead join a special team."

Suicide Squad, Brockton Bay chapter :p

For some reason the idea of all those marvel and dc heroes dyeing against levi or one of the other end bringers makes me appreciate this all the more... I wonder if that says something about me I wouldn't like if I noticed or cared about it.

Mengh, well written and enjoyable start. I do hope you continue in this vein and don't give the marvel and dc characters immunity from death.

Tempting Fate 1.4
Tempting Fate 1.4
The sound of booming thunder echoed throughout the city as Thor whirled his hammer, gathering an obscene amount of lightning from the cloudless sky. He bellowed a declaration of rage for his fallen friend at Leviathan. I couldn't hear it, but I could see the rage on his face.​

Thor fired his collected lightning in a single, gigantic bolt. It had to be taller and wider than the very building Iron Man and Leviathan had fallen through. It struck before the dust had cleared, and there was a large explosion. A cylindrical force field surrounded area, shielding the rest of the city from it's effects. The blast zone was devastated. I'd seen things similar before, in Moscow. It was like a nuclear bomb had gone off. Iron Man's remains were destroyed. Thor has given him the closest thing to a viking funeral that he could provide, for the moment.

Leviathan was nowhere to be seen. I cursed under my breath. Though impressive, a blast like that wouldn't have completely obliterated him. Couldn't have.

A frantic call came though the wristband

"Leviathan is under-"

A loud crash to the right. I turned, and saw Leviathan's hand slink back into a newly created sinkhole.

Tecton CD-8, deceased. Vista CD-8, deceased. Wanton CD-8, deceased. Daredevil CD-8, deceased. Mockingbird CD-8, deceased. Grace CD-8, deceased. Bean Sidhe CD-8, deceased.

Superman, having broken off from his fight with the Water clones, dived into the sinkhole, followed soon after by Vision, War Machine, and Green Lantern.

War Machine CD-9, deceased.

Leviathan burst from the ground, reeling from one of Superman's blows. Green Lantern and Vision weren't far behind. The Hulk crashed into Leviathan, sending both of them through a nearby building. The Hulk supposedly grew stronger the angrier he was. Must've been ten times stronger than he was before now.

I relocated myself to get a better vantage point. The Hulk had taken hold of Leviathan's right arm and was trying to pull it out of its socket. After a moment, he succeeded. The kind of power that would take- I could scarcely conceive of it. The Hulk certainly lived up to his reputation as the 'strongest there is.'

The Hulk raised the arm to bring it down on Leviathan, but the Endbringer jumped to his feet, grabbing Hulk by the ankle as he did. Leviathan spun, and hurled the Hulk over the horizon. With my enhanced vision, I could just barely see him exit the upper atmosphere. Superman flew over to the Green Lantern and said something to him that I couldn't hear. The green clad man took off after the Hulk.

Captain Marvel, the Gimel one, flew into the scene. Superman and the Vision fired their beams at the woman, who absorbed them into her left hand.

A Golden Lasso wrapped around Leviathan's remaining wrist. He tried to move, but the Lasso went taut and he ceased moving. I glanced at the origin of the Lasso and saw Wonder Woman and Thor, the Lasso tied to the handle of Thor's hammer.

A beast fell on Leviathan's back. I recognized the cape from Kyushu. Lung, now fifteen feet tall, gripped Leviathan's neck wound to hold on to him. Lung, along with other capes who needed time to gain strength, had been placed on an aerial platform to keep them alive until they had enough strength. A steel girder flew into Leviathan's left knee. It must have been treated by Fletchette, one of the New York Wards. We'd theorized that her powers might work against Endbringers, maybe even hoped, but this was the first actual proof of it.
Blades grew around Leviathan's right leg, then twisted and folded themselves around it to keep it in place. Several other blasters were now contributing to Captain Marvel. I joined in with a volley of my lasers.

Captain Marvel released her collected energy in a condensed beam from her other hand, which bored into Leviathan's hide, and into his innards. The wound grew deeper and deeper, but soon afterwards, Captain Marvel had to stop firing. I didn't know why exactly, but I assumed based on her heavy breathing it was some sort of fatigue caused by her power.

"Attention, we're trying something. Do not let Leviathan move," Mr. Fantastic's voice stated from the wristbands.

I noticed a group of capes walking towards Leviathan. The Shocker, Banshee, Black Canary, Siryn, Triumph, Barker and Silver Banshee. The Shocker raised his gauntlets and fired a vibrational blast at Leviathan. The other capes shouted, their sonic attacks joining in with Shocker's attack. The combined assault struck Leviathan and rumbled over him. Strangely, I heard no noise.

Moments later, Leviathan's flesh seemed to crack, his skin shattering in places. I didn't understand the specifics of how or why, but their combined attack was shaking Leviathan to pieces. For the first time in a long while, I thought that we might finally have the answer. We might finally kill him.

And then the Shatterbird sang.

Vista CD-8, deceased.
I don't think I've ever seen those words in a Worm fic. :(

A Golden Lasso wrapped around Leviathan's remaining wrist. He tried to move, but the Lasso went taut and he ceased moving. I glanced at the origin of the Lasso and saw Wonder Woman and Thor, the Lasso tied to the handle of Thor's hammer.
So, Leviathan isn't worthy. Not surprising in the least. And amusing combo, otherwise.

Interlude 1.d
Two Months Ago

My suit landed in the forest. The energy readings my equipment had detected nearby were nearly unprecedented. In fact, these sort of readings had only been encountered one other time. When Haywire had made contact with Earth Aleph.​

I crept through the area. This suit was designed for stealth. I was almost completely invisible, utterly silent, nimble enough to move around the flora without disturbing anything, and I was completely odorless, at least according to Director Byrne's beagle.

Once I was within a few feet of where the readings had come from, I peaked through the bushes, and saw something I'd known was a possibility, but was still astonishing.

A blue, shimmering portal. And what's more? People. People from another world. There were five of them, though one seemed to be separate from the group.

The odd one out wore a red speed runner's suit, with lightning decals along the sleeves. The most eye catching part with a lightning bolt design that went down the middle. His shoes were custom designed, and looked similar to the tinker made shoes the PRT requisitioned for their speedsters. His mask looked to be a combination of a bike helmet and an aviator mask.

The other four were wearing themed outfits. Skin tight, shades of blue with white accent, a large four on the chest. The one standing closest to the portal was a man on the older side, probably late forties. He was one of only two I could confirm had powers. His limbs were stretching out, holding a device near the portal. Likely a scanner of some sort.

The other powered member was large. At least 10 feet. He had orange skin, with a rocky texture to it. Likely a Case-53 or the equivalent thereof on their world. The remaining two were, if my facial recognition software was accurate, related. They were both blonds. One of them was a woman, young looking but my scanners indicated she was at least 40. The other, a man, was in his 30s and looking very bored

I took a step forward. Introduction time.

"Whoever's out there, show yourself," The orange man said in a thick brooklyn accent. He was fairly observant.

I decloaked. All of them took a combat stance, except for the stretching man.

"It's a robot." The blond haired man stated.

"No duh," The man in red said, "question is, are we dealing with a terminator or a...actually I can't think of a good robot."

"How about the one from Lost in Space?" The blond replied.

"What about KITT?" I suggested. They did a double-take.

"Okay. I don't think Skynet would be that big of a Hoff fan, I'm gonna say you aren't evil," The man in red said.

"I like to think of myself as a good person," I said, extending a hand. This suit actually had hands good for shaking.

"You can call me the Flash," the probable-speedster said, taking the hand.

"Yeah, well I'm the Human Torch," the blond man stated, then he pointed to the others, "that's The Thing, The Invisible Woman, and Mr. Fantastic."

"Pleasure to meet you," I replied

"The pleasure is ours," The Invisible Woman said, "Though my brother neglected to mention our actual names. I'm Susan Richards. My brother is named Johnny Storm."

"Ben," rumbled the Thing, "Ben Grimm."

After a short moment, Susan cleared her throat.

"Oh," Mr. Fantastic said, "I'm Reed Richards. "

"Did you create this portal?" I asked.

"Yes," Reed said, now sounding much more interested, "Or rather, I created it my accident. It interacted with this fellow," he pointed to The Flash, "and created a portal that pulled us both over."

"Wait, you're from different worlds?"

They nodded.

This was even bigger than I'd thought.

-----

It took nearly a week for Reed to build a device to make the portal safe to go back through, though most of that time was spent convincing the government to let him. The deciding factor was a potential alliance with the heroes of their world. It would be of incalculable help in an Endbringer battle. The Flash had even promised to bring over his own team.

All in all, it had only taken them another week to return.

Mr. Fantastic came through with the Avengers first. They were lead by a man named Captain America, who dressed as patriotically as his name suggested. Standing next to him was Thor, who was dressed in leather armor reminiscent of a viking. The chest portion was a deep shade of blue, whilst the pant legs were a lighter shade. He wore no sleeves, displaying his well toned arms for the world to see. His boots were an earthy tone. He had a light maroon cape which he pulled off moderately well. In his right hand, he held a short-handled war hammer. His hair was long and blond, braided expertly, and he had a well trimmed beard.

On the opposite side from Thor was Iron Man. He was clad head to toe in power armor. His armor was hot rod red and gold, with a glowing blue-white circle in the chest and blue-white eyes. It was a remarkably well-designed suit, moving as fluidly as a person would. If the suit had any weapons, they were well hidden.

To Iron Man's left was the Vision. Vision had synthetic skin colored in the approximation of a costume. The chest, abdomen, legs, and arms were all a muted green. His hands were colored to resemble yellow, fingerless gloves, whilst his crotch was colored to resemble a yellow speedo. His feet, fingers, and face were all red. Set in his forehead was a yellow, shimmering gemstone. His look was completed by a yellow cape.

To Vision's left was the Scarlet Witch. She had medium length black hair with red tips. Her costume consisted of a sleeveless scarlet shirt, a crimson longcoat, cherry red pants, maroon boots, fingerless candy red gloves, and a rose red witch's hat.

To Thor's right was Captain Marvel. Her skin was a light shade of blue and her crew cut hair was blonde. Her costume was a green-black and eggshell white, and she had a red zigzagging pattern going down the chest. Tied to her waste was a sash with a starry night pattern.

To Captain Marvel's right was the Black Panther. He wore an all-concealing black suit, which seemed to be made of Panther fur. I was unsure for two reasons. One was that my temperature scanning equipment was reading his body temperature as normal, and not what it would be if that were actual fur. The other was that the suit was so black that even my optics couldn't determine if it was fur or a fur pattern. The only color in the suit were the yellow lenses over the eyes, and the purple claws on the hands.

Flitting above the group's heads was the Wasp. She was a six inch tall woman who wore a black and yellow body suit patterned after her namesake animal. The black part were cloth whilst the yellow parts were armor. Her hair was brunette and worn in a bob, and her face had vaguely asiatic features. On her back was a set of mechanical insect wings. She sported a set of yellow, stinger-shaped katars. The most surprising part of her costume was her shoes, which were heels.

Behind the group was their final member, the fifteen foot tall man with jade skin, forest green hair, and purple pants. The Hulk.

After the Avengers, the Justice League came through. Their leader, Superman, was in the middle. To his right was Batman. Batman was large and buff, at least a head taller than Superman. Batman's costume was charcoal grey and navy blue, with a yellow symbol in the shape of a stylized bat on his chest. His belt was also yellow, though more muted. His eyes were hidden behind glowing white lenses. Unlike Superman, his costume was not skin-tight, it was clearly body armor.

To Superman's left was Wonder Woman. Her costume was worn over a white body suit which stopped at her neck and in the middle of her biceps. She wore a light blue skirt patterned with stars, and red boots accented with white lines. Her chest was covered by a red shirt that extended up from her skirt to her chest symbol, a golden eagle. She wore silver wrist bands and a silver tiara with a red star in the center. Strapped to her waist was a shimmering golden lasso, and on her back was a gladius in it's sheath. Her hair was curly and black, whilst her skin was tanned and her face had noticeably greek features.

To Batman's right was the Flash, and to the Flash's right was the Green Lantern. The Green Lantern wore a skintight bodysuit in various shades of green. At the center of his chest was a glowing green symbol, a circle between two horizontal lines. The symbol was surrounded by a glowing circle of energy, from which four lines of energy sprouted. The energy lines could be seen across his body, separating the various green shades. His sleeves were pine green whilst his gloves were seafoam. His ribs were mint green, his abdomen shamrock, and his chest lime. His boots were emerald. On each finger he wore a jade ring emblazoned with his symbol. His skin was African, and his hair was in a buzzcut, though he had a goatee.

Next to Green Lantern was Hawkwoman. Her pants were teal and her shirt yellow. She wore a bronze helmet patterned after a hawk's head, and had auburn hair as long as Wonder Woman's. In her right hand, she held a spiked mace, the spikes each connected by sparks of electricity. On her back there were two magnificent wings.

To Wonder Woman's left was Static. He wore a purple bodysuit with gold lightning accents, as well as a white domino mask and a blue long coat. His hair was done in black dreadlocks that had streaks of grey.

To Static's left was Aquaman, who wore a two tone sharkskin swim suit. The upperbody was orange, whilst the lower body was seaweed green. His hair was blond and his face clean shaven. He wielded an ornate golden trident.

To Aquaman's left was the Manhunter. His skin was a vibrant green and his eyes blood red. He wore a blue cape and blue boots. Two red straps crossed his chest. The rest of his costume was a black bodysuit that clung to his skin so much it was difficult to tell if it was actually clothing or merely differently colored skin. His facial features didn't match those of any ethnicity, but instead seemed to be a mixture.

The Protectorate and Guild had striven to put their best foot forward as well. The Triumvirate, Chevalier, Bastion, Myrrdin, Narwhal, they were all there. Rebecca Costa-Brown was attending via conference call. Mr. Fantastic was setting up equipment so that officials from their worlds could also attend. Nicolas Fury of the Avenger's Earth Gimel, and Amanda Waller from the Justice League's Earth Dalet.

The meeting began.

-----

I fired the grenade into the titanic mass of water, and an instant later the clone boiled away, leaving behind nothing, not even steam. Bakuda's munitions were a late addition to this suit's loadout, but they were proving to be worthwhile. I'd destroyed five of Leviathan's water clones with them already, and Bakuda herself had taken out two.

My suit shot upward, evading a strike from another clone. The clone slammed into a skyscraper with force comparable to a tsunami. The water dissipated, then reformed into two water clones, each about a third of the original's size. That was another advantage to the munitions. They could end Leviathan's clones in one shot.
What Iron Man had dubbed a Uni-beam fired from my suit's draconian maw, blasting one of the clones into vapor. I turned, and targeted the second, but before i could fire, I heard a scream and-

-----

Checking knowledge banks… Complete.
Checking deduction schema… Complete.
Checking longterm planning architecture… Complete.
Checking learning chunk processor… Complete.
Checking base personality model… Complete.
Checking language engine… Complete.
Checking operation and access nodes… Complete.
Checking observation framework… Complete.
Checking complex social intelligence emulator… Complete.
Checking inspiration apparatus… Complete.
No corruption, everything in working order. Core system restored. Loading…

I was in my laboratory. That was the last place I wanted to be. I had to get back to the fight. As soon as the safeguards had confirmed that the suit had been destroyed, I prepped another suit for battle. This one was more fragile, relatively speaking, but it lacked silicon. The scream, it had to have been Shatterbird. Nothing else would have caused my suit to self destruct like that.

As the system prepped the suit for take off, an urgent alert popped into my database. If I had blood, it would have chilled. I had to check this, the fight would have to wait a few minutes.

I couldn't connect directly, which was an incredibly bad sign. I connected to an independent monitoring station, and saw it. One of my worst fears, one of my worst case scenarios, made reality.

The Birdcage had been destroyed.

Captain Marvel. Her skin was a light shade of blue and her crew cut hair was blonde. Her costume was a green-black and eggshell white, and she had a red zigzagging pattern going down the chest. Tied to her waste was a sash with a starry night pattern.
Not that up to date on Marvel's recent happenings, so which Captain Marvel is this? The only ones I'm familiar with are Mar-Vell, Monica Rambeau, and Genis-Vell.

Baptism in Fire 2.1

Baptism in Fire 2.1

I awoke groggily.

I was in a field hospital. I could see Scapegoat walking around, healing capes. After he healed them, a man with wings would give him a vial of something, which seemed to heal Scapegoat himself. The room was packed, with new capes coming in by the minute

Subtly, I looked around the room. Most of the new arrivals, heedless of if they had other injuries, were bleeding near the wrist. None of them had on their wristbands. Something had clearly destroyed them all, injuring countless people in the process. I considered the possibilities, and made a conclusion. Shatterbird was the most likely suspect. If it was her, then most of the tinkers in the fight were probably dead or dying. Few would have prepared for a Slaughterhouse Nine attack in the middle of an Endbringer battle.

I was one of those few.

I sat up from the cot and, retrieved my halberds. As I walked towards the exit, I thought about the Nine, and their current membership. The group's mainstays were Jack Slash, Bonesaw, and the Siberian. Shatterbird might also be counted as a mainstay. Besides them, there was Mannequin, Hatchet Face, Burnscar, Winter, and the newest member Valefor.

----

Several minutes later, I arrived on the battlefield, courtesy of a teleport from one of the Gimel capes. In the distance, I could see Leviathan, now missing an arm, doing battle with Lung, as well as Menja, Fenja, and one of the Gimel capes, a giant man.

Suddenly, Leviathan shot a burst of water off in my direction. I took cover, but it wasn't actually aimed at me. A grenade fired a half-second after the shot hit home, and detonated off course, creating a huge field of crystal in the road. I jogged over to where the shot had hit, and found a woman I recalled was named Bakuda. She was a tinker, one who worked for the Guild S-class ops team. Her gear looked intact, which made sense. She had likely built it with the knowledge that she'd eventually fight the nine.

"Well don't just stand there, help me up!" she said angrily. I gave her a quick look over, it appeared that she had a broken leg.

My armband was still functional, as the field hospital was outside Shatterbird's range.

I sent a message over the com, "Attention, there is an injured cape in the area. Please send evac."

Once the message was sent, I turned my gaze back on the fight, but something caught my gaze. There, on the very edge of the crystal field, was a man. His leg had been transmuted into crystal, trapping him in place. And that wasn't the man's only misfortune. His face was coated in blood. In fact, it looked as if his face was simply gone. The Slaughterhouse Nine were well capable of doing that and keeping their victim conscious. In fact, it was tame by their standards.

Any thoughts of freeing him were dashed a moment later. Leviathan tossed Lung through the air, and he landed on the field of crystals. The flames that emanated from the bestial gang leader consumed the faceless man, reducing him to ash.

What a terrible way to die. Unnoticed, even by the man that killed him. No remains to identify him with. How long would his family hold out hope of finding him?

I gritted my teeth. Monsters like Leviathan and the Slaughterhouse Nine lived to kill, to destroy. If they had their way, everyone would wind up like him. I wouldn't allow it.

I strode over to Bakuda, and grabbed her grenade launcher.

"What the fuck are you doing?" she hissed.

"I'm going hunting," I answered.

You killed Vista. You MONSTER.

Also, War Machine. Daredevil. Mockingbird ...

And DAMN YOU Slaughterhouse Nine.

Okay, definitely no holds barred here.

Baptism in Fire 2.2

Baptism in Fire 2.2

The first member of the Nine I encountered was Mannequin. He was doing battle with two heroes, ones from another dimension. One of them was a muscular black male dressed in yellow and black with some silver accoutrements. The other was in green and yellow, with an exposed chest that sported a tattoo of a stylized dragon. His fist glowed with yellow energy.

The two were close in, fighting in melee. That was likely as much Mannequin's choice as theirs. I couldn't use the grenade launcher without killing the two he was fighting, and that logic would apply to most blasters capable of taking Mannequin out in one hit. I readied the nanothorn halberd and continued watching. My combat program would study their movements and allow me to strike with the maximum chance of taking out Mannequin and minimum chance of hurting the other two.

Their battle was an exercise in repetition. Mannequin evaded their blows most of the time. Occasionally, he was forced to go slack and roll with an attack, but it was rare. To their credit, they managed to dodge Mannequin's attacks fairly well, at least the one in green and yellow. Mannequin didn't seem to be actively attacking the other one.

Before I was ready, a new combatant entered the mix. A short cape dressed in a blue and red costume with a web pattern and a spider symbol. He sprayed lines of webbing from his wrists, coating Mannequin's blades. Mannequin abandoned them, and slipped out from his melee. The psychopath lunged toward the new cape, unsheathing a second set of blades. His initial strike was dodged, and he stuck close to the scrawny cape, but his every attack was dodged with apparent ease. The cape jumped clean over Mannequin and fired another glob of his webbing at the back of Mannequin's knees.

The murderer staggered, and the young cape closed the distance with superhuman speed. A kick sent Mannequin into a wall, and his opponent slathered him in webbing. He was pinned. The young cape went back over to the other two capes, likely to check and see if they were okay. I emerged from my observation point, and strode over to Mannequin. I'd have preferred to pull off the rescue by myself, but so long as Mannequin died it didn't really matter.

"Hey, what are you doing?" the spider themed cape asked as he saw me.

"Finishing him off," I replied.

"You can't do that, he's helpless!" The cape insisted.

I turned to him, and said matter-of-factly, "As a law enforcement officer, I'm duty bound to put his life to an end."

"What kind of law forces you to kill someone?"

"A very astute question, Spider-Man," the cape in Green and yellow said.

I began to explain, "He has a kill order. It means that he has been tried and convicted of crimes against humanity, and every person in the United States and Canada has the right to end his life-"

"Pft, sounds like Canada all right," The black man said.

"As I was saying, as a member of the Protectorate, I have an obligation to execute him for the safety and well being of the public."

"What did he do to deserve this kill order?" Spider-man demanded.

"302 counts of murder, 510 counts of torture, over 1000 counts of assault, 52 counts of industrial sabotage, And approximately 2,115,000 dollars worth of property damage. And that's not even taking into account all the crimes he's committed in conjunction with others," I said flatly.

Spider-man had difficulty coming up with a response. Eventually, he just turned and walked off. The other two did not stop me from carrying out my duty. I continued my hunt.

-----

I froze as the man's eyes laid upon me.

"My, my," Valefor said as he stepped closer to me, "just what will you do?"

The answer was 'Stab him in the face.'

I had hoped my psychic shielding would protect me from his paralyzing gaze, if things came down to it. It worked. Then Valefor had fallen prey to one of the oldest tactics in the animal kingdom. Feigning weakness.
The man fell to the ground, his face turned to red mist by the nanothorns, and I stepped over him.

-----

The sound of gunshots ringing drew me here. I was on top of a three story building, watching the streets below. Hatchet Face, with fairly major wounds, was stalking an injured Glory Girl. Miss Militia, my old second in command, had given him those wounds, but right now she was being pinned down by sniper fire. I couldn't see who was firing on her, but my suit's computer could calculate the trajectory of the bullets, and pinpoint their origin point.

They were being fired from an office building down the street from Miss Militia's position. Too high for her to return fire with any accuracy. I began making my way to the location as quick as I could without letting the sniper see me. I was expecting Winter, as she was the only member of the Slaughterhouse who typically used a sniper rifle.

Once I was next to the building, I used my secondary halberd to pull myself up to the floor Winter was on, and entered. I crept around, looking for her. I quickly found the edge of her field, but there was a wall blocking her from view. I could probably bust through it, but I wanted to take her out with a grenade from range. Entering her field would make it harder to take out the rest of the nine, as it would drain the batteries of my suit and halberds.

Unfortunately, that choice was taken out of my hands when something slammed into me from behind. I crashed through the wall, and heard something large land next to me. I was roughly flipped over, and saw my assailant.

He was a huge, hulking brute. His veins bulged, his skin was a purple-red color. I recognised him from file photos. Crimson.

A dead man.

Oh boy. Armsmaster is in trouble.

Not surprised Spidey has trouble with kill orders; he's from Comics Code Marvel, after all.

Wanna see Wolverine kicking ass and saying "I wanna stay here."

You made me like Armsmaster... you monster! Deadpan snarker Armsmaster is best Armsmaster.

That said; I liked this last chapters contrast between the thoughts and feelings of the marvel verse characters and those native to worm. .

Reactions: Ack
You made me like Armsmaster... you monster! Deadpan snarker Armsmaster is best Armsmaster.

That said; I liked this last chapters contrast between the thoughts and feelings of the marvel verse characters and those native to worm. .
The joke about Marvel Canada is great too. 'Tis a terrifying place.

Reactions: Ack
Baptism in Fire 2.3

Baptism In Fire 2.3

My suit's batteries began to drain, meaning I was within Winter's range. Had to act quick.
I raised my halberd and fired a grapple into Crimson's eye. Not a second later, several thousand volts were coursing through him. The chain retracted, pulling me to my feet. A half second afterwards, a bullet struck the place where my head had been. Without missing a beat, I fired the grenade launcher in Winter's general direction. In the same instant, a bullet struck my chest and sent me reeling. My armor was robust, so it prevented the bullet from reaching my body.

The grenade missed Winter by a mile, but in the back of my head I'd almost anticipated being ambushed. The grenade detonated, creating a miniature black hole, or at least something with the trappings of a black hole. Winter was sucked out of the building, but disappointingly the hole dissipated before she was sucked in. Still, I'd accomplished my aim, which was to get Winter out of the equation.

I tossed the grenade launcher aside, it wouldn't be much use in close range, and dodged an angry swing from Crimson. I ran behind him and grabbed my other halberd. Crimson grabbed the chain and pulled, swinging me of his head. I froze the chain and used an internal device I'd created by studying Assault's power to direct my momentum into a kick at his chin. It didn't faze him.

I dropped to the ground and activated one of my armor's special features. Time seemed to slow to a crawl, and I moved. I'd studied Velocity's power to create this effect, and it had the same limitation as his. Fortunately, my halberd's nanothorns worked around that issue.

Time returned to normal after a second of normal time, but by then my Halberd had already gone through his chest, disintegrated his heart, and come out the other side. I smirked and deactivated the nanothorns.

He punched me through a wall.

Okay, he'd clearly gotten modifications from Bonesaw. Crimson closed in, blood moving unnaturally around the hole in his chest, scabbing over instantly to staunch the wound. I charged to meet him, slamming my two halberds into his neck on opposite sides. I drew blood but failed to decapitate him, and he slammed into me. I went through another wall.

This was bad. Between my fighting and Winter's field, I was down to 25 percent power on the suit. I had a way to recharge, but it was not viable in this situation. The halberds were doing badly as well, and I couldn't afford to use the time freeze or the taser more than once. The nanothorns were done until I could recharge. The Velocerater was also unusable.

I sheathed the nanothorn halberd as Crimson charged once more. At the last second, I sidestepped him and swung the halberd's blade into the back of his neck. It didn't do much, but I'd expected that. My plan had three different avenues for success. A straight decapitation, which had failed. The second possibility was his momentum causing him to crash through the wall and out of the building, also a failure. The third possibility was freezing the axe blade, pinning him in place briefly. Success.

I ran, leaving the halberd behind. I had two, maybe three seconds of delay to get a head start. I had to reach the grenade launcher in time, hit him with it, and hope I wasn't killed by the splash damage.

I reached the room the grenade launcher was in with Crimson mere feet behind me. I lept for the gun...right as an explosion went off behind me. I grabbed it, and turned to see a projectile strike a dazed Crimson and explode. I looked, and saw Miss Militia being carried by one of the Gimel capes, a grenade launcher in her hand. She fired again, blowing Crimson back repeatedly. I waited till she only had one round left, then jumped from the building, tossing her a grenade the moment before I began to fall. Miss Militia, ever the professional, caught the grenade, loaded it, and fired in a single motion.

Miss Militia dropped from the cape's arms and shifted her weapon into a minigun. She fired at the ground to slow her momentum, as the Gimel cape flew over to catch me. Above us, spires of ice burst from the floor I'd been on.

Once we were on the ground, I turned to Miss Militia and said, "Winter?"

"Deceased," Miss Militia answered right back. Then, she asked a question of her own, "Why was Crimson alive?"

"A clone of some sort, obviously. The question is why."

"Back up," The Gimel cape said, "explain this clone thing."

I looked at the cape. A Young adult, simple red and white power armor. There had been red wings on his arms, but the were gone. Likely folded away. His face was visible through a clear yellow faceplate.

"The man we just killed was named Crimson. He's a former member of the Slaughterhouse Nine. Former because he was killed 11 years ago."

"Gotcha," the Gimel cape said. "Any idea why he was cloned?"

"The Slaughterhouse Nine was founded 20 years ago this month," Miss Militia said.

"And Jack Slash is thought to have taken over years ago during this month as well," I added.

"Demented anniversary celebration, got it. Know any cloners?" The Gimel cape added.

"Blasto, a local villain," Miss Militia stated.

"Do you know where his lab is?" I asked her.

Before she could answer, something drew our attention. Lung practically exploded, growing to at least twice his current size, his flames growing even hotter.

Wordlessly, Miss Militia pointed her finger in his direction.

And things are warming up ...

If anyone has any questions about my version of DC and Marvel, feel free to ask

If anyone has any questions about my version of DC and Marvel, feel free to ask
Who was the guy with the red and white power armour? Falcon?

Also, you know that Miss Militia doesn't run out of ammo, right? When the gun is empty, she changes it to a gun that's full.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back