1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Beneath Unseen Stars

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Vindictus, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

The sky is empty and black, brooding over ancient and gnarled trees. As he walks along the twisted and gnarled roots winding their way between the silvan giants, the child wonders where he is- What ancient forest is this, dancing with the sound of night-birds and chirruping crickets? He has no guide to show him the way, no compass to reveal his way back home- Nothing but a fat and ponderous moon, hanging low above the trees and casting dappled light and shadows both with merry abandon.

With nothing else to follow, the child sets course by that pale lamp- Following the ethereal trail it leaves as it sifts through the leaves, listening to the music of it's children as he goes and ignoring the rustling among the shadows that follows him along the way.

It may have been minutes or hours that the child followed that light- In this place, dancing his way between the trees, time seemed like an illusion. Despite that the forest dwindled away, eventually leaving the child looking around himself at a massive clearing between forest and mountain. As he looked curiously at the mount, the shadows between the rocks eventually shifted and revealed a yawning cavern. Turning back towards the forest, the man-child halted- The sun rising above the trees revealing a plethora of serpents resting among the branches and ground alike, watching him with glinting eyes. The moonlit path he had followed was now hidden with the rising of the sun.

As the boy turned to look at the cave again, his heart sank- For rising from it's depths was a massive snake, writhing up from the depths of the earth itself. Looking it in the eye, he saw his fate- And so he grimly nodded before he was devoured whole.

Within the belly of the snake, he felt himself pushed back and forth, twisted and turned until he was curled in upon himself and hugging his knees to his chest. Then he felt it forming around him, wrapping him in a warm shell- Somehow, despite all logic, he was inside an egg.

Within that embryo, the boy felt himself change- Hairs disappearing as scales took their place, his eyes warping as the pupils became elongated and slit. His teeth and nails grew sharp and hard as muscles and limbs tightened and grew- And before long, he felt like an entirely different person. And then there was motion outside his shell- So he straightened out, and split it open as he rose from it's depths-

As he opened his eyes, the boy noticed the beeping of his alarm clock. As he shut it off, he looked at his hand- A few hairs clung to his soft, pale flesh.

And yet somehow, he still felt the snake curling under his skin.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. WizardOne

WizardOne Guest

Spelling and grammar seem fine, I can't actually comment on the content yet however, as I haven't got the foggiest what is actually going on.
    I guess I'll find out in future updates.
    Looking forward to it.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

Is this fanfiction, or original fiction? Cause I can't place it if it's fanfiction.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Right now, it's all original.

I'm considering a handful of things I could make it a fanfic of, buuut... I'm not sure if I want to or not, honestly.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

ooohhh

Me like.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. zeitgeist

zeitgeist Getting out there.

It's....somewhat of a short prologue. Otherwise fine.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. Pretty nice, but short. I look forward to more.

Ddmkm122 likes this.