• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Blacksmith quest

And now I'm regretting, we didn't choose the high-school teacher.

Our main goals right now, aside from dealing with the drawbacks of being a mortal hobo, should be to find out more about this place, so we can make more accurate judgements, and then getting on with our heroing.

Also, do we remember being active in warzones before we died and, if yes, can we draw on that experience to make things easier?

Noooo~ we missed giving him a Background.

There's only one way to correct this oversight of giving Archer a life. We must have Archer open a Pizza place where he strives to create elaborate and delicious pizza.

[X] Ohgi, tell me your story. Why do what you do? Why rebel?
Then we need to find a Britannian to tell us theirs.

Archer-sensei, I will miss you. T.T

[ x ] Ohgi, tell me your story. Why do what you do? Why rebel?

Hmm, Honestly. I don't think we really need to ask that. It's probably the same song Archer's heard a million times.

For their pride, because they are being oppressed, etc etc. Not only will we probably not get anything useful for it, but it'll make us suspicious as hell. Who the hell Hasn't heard of the Oppressive Regime of the Britannian empire and stuff.

It might be better for Archer to leave and just open a history book. Sure it'll be Biased as hell, but at least the dates and major events will be written down, and Archer can probably extrapolate the reasons from there.
Britannia is trying to take over the world because of reasons.
People are fighting back because of reasons.

[ x ] Get his contact information, you can't think of anything now but the offer is appreciated.
[ x ] Go out and hunt for information.

[ x ] Get his contact information, you can't think of anything now but the offer is appreciated.

Better to err on the side of caution even if it means a little bit more leg work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironshanks said:

Better to err on the side of caution even if it means a little bit more leg work.

I read it as less, why is there a fight, and more of a, why do You fight.

serapheus said:

While that may be true others in the group might think we're getting a little too personal on our first meeting (looking at the sketchy red head). Also, a slight addition to my vote:

[X] StealFind some new clothes. Local authorities have probably been informed about our general appearance and that's gonna make it hard to wander the streets. Red shrouds on top black armor is a little eye-catching. Besides, these pants can't be good for our circulation.

tumblr_lyyknau3g11qal708o1_500.png

serapheus said:

In that case, why Do you want to learn why he fights if not for information on the setting? I'm kind of confused on why we're trying to ask for the life story of a stranger.

Just to make sure this is understood. Since you picked blank, Archer knows nothing about the setting.

We really should have gone with Archer-sensei. You are fools, all of you!

I slightly regret the Zanger route. Hulking around the battlefield in a mech ten times the size of everything else would have been hilarious.

Biigoh said:
And here you see a globe trotting merc demonstrating one of the essential skill of the trade, the capacity to blend in.

You speak as if they still aren't... They still are, right? Right!?

Yes. They all secretly hope for a jobless bum to paw them all over with his grummy hands.

I'm going to go sulk in the corner because I the vote I didn't want won.

Before anything else, he needs information.

"Let's assume I've been living under a rock for last twenty years," Archer says conversationally. "What did I miss?"

Ohgi stares, bewildered by the man's odd demand. "This isn't a five minute talk you're asking for here."

"I've got time."

Ohgi shrugs and begins a story about Britannia's expansionism, Japan setting itself as the arbiter of the world's politics through its near stranglehold on Sakuradite production, the development of Knightmare Frames, how it revolutionized modern warfare and how their deadliness was demonstrated during the invasion of Japan.

He doesn't get far. About ten words in, Archer brazenly asks him "what is Britannia, anyway?"

Ohgi quickly reevaluates how long this is going to take.

The two relocate in an office and sit down over a map, beer bottle in hand. By the time Ohgi finishes his involved lecture about the state of the world, it's early morning.

Ohgi spresses a yawn while Archer thinks over the conversation.

The Darwinian empire of Britannia. Sakuradite, the "philosopher's stone". The perpetual state of global war during the last century. The Honorary Britannian system.

"This is fucked up," he says out loud.

"You're telling me."

"108 wives? No man has that much stamina."

"...Right."

Archer stands. "Thank you, Ohgi Kaname. That helped a lot." He starts for the door but stops before it. "One last question. Don't feel obligated to answer."

"Shoot."

"You seem like a smart, determined young man. Surely you could make a comfortable place for yourself in this country, if you accepted to live a quietly. Yet you poke at the sleeping dragon's snout, begging for it to snatch you up in its maw. Why rebel, Ohgi Kaname? Is it for the flag? For honor?" His face twist in his trademark's smirk. "For justice?"

Ohgi's hands clenches into fists. "How is that any of your business?"

"It isn't." He admits. "Call it interest?"

Ohgi takes a swig before he slowly opens up. " It's a joke, the Honorary Britannian system. You get to do the shittiest job and you can be sure your boss will take a cut on your wages. Even if youcould scrounge up a living that way, someday a petty asshole will take it all away from you because you crossed the street before his car. A dog wouldn't want this life."

"So you'd rather die?"

The terrorist shrugs helplessly."I guess? I try not to think about it. My friends are counting on me and I can't let them down. They're the last ones I have. Even if I know how this will end for all of us, I can't walk away."

"I see. I don't dislike that sort of foolish behaviour."

Ohgi snorts. "Thanks, I guess. If you don't have regular clothes stashed somewhere, ask for Inoue. I'm sure she'll find something your size. Looser pants, too, while she's at it."

"Ha-ha. I am perfectly comfortable with my clothing."

"Sure you are." Ohgi drawls. "Look, I don't know what you plan to do from now on, but the people of the ghettos could use your help. Since I saw you went easy with the Britannians outside, though I swear to you they all deserved to die twice over, I'm not gonna ask you to join our rebellion. But there's tens of thousand of people living with nothing in those ruins and they'll starve if we don't bring them food from somewhere."

Thievery. Not something Archer had stooped to often, but he wasn't opposed to it on principle. "I'll think about it."

Ohgi nodded happily. "In that case, ask Inoue for a burner, too. It's a..."

"I know what it is, thank you."

"Oh. Well, take care, I guess."

"You, as well."

Soon after, Archer reaches the edges of the Shinjuku Ghetto.

A man with no identity, no past, no tie to anyone or anything in this world. Only a wish, to be an ally of justice.

What next?
[]...?

[ x ] Do what you chose to do; save people.
-[ x ] Start by scouting the city.

[X] Do what you chose to do; save people.
-[X] Start by scouting the city.
--[X] Maybe look for a suitable base of operations.

The question of where to acquire food is a tricky one.

If we steal it from military convoys, they'll probably muscle the civilians; we'll have traded the slow death of starvation for the quicker death of pissed off Britannians for them. And military rations are distinctive. And we'd need a car to carry/distribute.

Likewise, the richer Britannians have food and money to spare, but Clovis will look after their interests with a vengeance.

We could turn to piracy I suppose, but we'd need to acquire a boat and a crew.

Least objectionable in the short run would probably be to steal from honorary Britannians that have made good money from the occupation. The Britannians wouldn't care to investigate their claims as much, and the Elevens wouldn't mind seeing the turncoats taken down a peg.

Guile said:
The question of where to acquire food is a tricky one.

If we steal it from military convoys, they'll probably muscle the civilians; we'll have traded the slow death of starvation for the quicker death of pissed off Britannians for them. And military rations are distinctive. And we'd need a car to carry/distribute.

Likewise, the richer Britannians have food and money to spare, but Clovis will look after their interests with a vengeance.

We could turn to piracy I suppose, but we'd need to acquire a boat and a crew.

Least objectionable in the short run would probably be to steal from honorary Britannians that have made good money from the occupation. The Britannians wouldn't care to investigate their claims as much, and the Elevens wouldn't mind seeing the turncoats taken down a peg.

Depends on the honorary Britannians. Some undoubtably were opportunists but enough of them probably worked their asses off to get that title for the sake of keeping their family safe and have just done well for themselves after the fact for the sake of keeping their title.

Need to be very choosy with our targets.

If, of course, we end up going after food that is.

[X] Do what you chose to do; save people.
- - [X] Start by scouting the city.
- - - - [X] Maybe look for a suitable base of operations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back