1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blurry Profile Pic

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by RSR2000, Apr 1, 2022.

1. RSR2000

RSR2000 Versed in the lewd.

My profile pic is still blurry even after I resized the image to 200x200
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

I get a .jpg when I download your profile pic. Based on your screenshot, it's a .png where it's saved on your computer. JPEG is a different format and uses compression, so that's what's causing the blur. Don't know why the forum software converts it, but now you know and can plan around it.

3. RSR2000

I converted it to jpeg and it's still blurry.
    [​IMG]

4. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[​IMG]

It doesn't look blurry for me... this is basically what I get when looking at your avatar.

What are you using to view the site? Firefox? Chrome? MS Explorer/Edge? Safari?

Also what is the scale you're viewing the site at.

5. RSR2000

I use chrome at 175% because the text is too small for me at 100%
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Preferably, I would like to use the original 1046x1060 version for full HD if possible, but every version I've tried uploading came out a little blurry.
    [​IMG]

6. Biigoh

Going to be honest, it's the scale of your browser that is making your avatar blurry. XD

7. RSR2000

...Well it would certainly be funny if that's the case XD However, the reason why I noticed my profile pic was blurry in the first place was because someone pointed it out when I still had my old profile pic, so I'm somewhat sure it's not just me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...unless both Coldbluestreak and I view our browsers at high scale, which would just make this whole thing even funnier XD

8. Biigoh

Basically when the page is zoomed... images generally become blurry. This is especially true when the image has fine details.

9. RSR2000

Well alright then, I'll just use the 1046x1060 version and trust that it isn't blurry for other people.