1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Born of Fog (Quest)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Heaven Canceler, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

So, since I haven't written much of anything for way too long, and I don't seem capable of keeping my plot bunnies ordered and working them into anything usable, I thought I would try to use this random thought as a start for a Quest. I have no clue where this is going to go so go mad.

This is a bit like but not quite a SI. The main character is a Spacebattler/SV/QQ which is otherwise mostly a blank state since it would be weird to have an actual SI of me be controlled by you all. So you can go by the assumption that he has meta-knowledge of any Setting that I have. Updates will happen at totally random intervals and I have no clue what I am doing.

*Scene Break*

You blink, waking in a state of confusion while trying to understand what was going on. It takes you a moment to notice that you weren't lying in your bed. You suppress a sneezer when your nose touches wet grass and sit up and look around. What was going on? The last thing you remembered was surfing through the net and reading fics on some websites.

With some confusion, you took in your surrounding.

[​IMG]

Below your feet, was a field of grass and a tree stood not far away, but a giant wall of fog surrounded the entire area. But the weird thing was that the fog didn't get easier to see through the closer you were, it was just there. There was no fog on the field, no cloud of steam in the tree. The air was perfectly clear on the field, ground and sky around the same field being covered by a perfect covering of mist.

You couldn't even see the sun or any other celestial bodies, which made you wonder how you were even getting the light to see this place.

At first you wait, wondering if maybe someone was going to appear to explain the situation to you. But the place remained silent, nothing happening, just a light breeze filling the air. It was when you thought that you had been sitting here for at least 20 minutes when you decided to leave this place and see what else you could find. Standing in front of the mist, you took a deep breath before stepping forward, wondering if you would even see the hand before your eyes.

You blinked in confusion as a few steps more brought you out of the fog bank and back into the open field with the tree. Confused, you paused before trying again, this time at another point in the fog. The result was the same though, nothing happening at all aside from ending up on the field again. You got so frustrated that you threw a stick out into the fog after the twentieth try, only to have it fly back into your face a moment later.

"Okay, memo to myself, don't throw stuff out into the fog."

This was getting worrying, you were even getting hungry slowly. What wouldn't you give for another tree like the one standing in this field, but with fresh apples or some similar fruits. You turned as a strange sound filled the area.

The mist was receding at one point, moving back and giving place to a tree, a tree carrying fresh and tasty looking apples.

"What the heck?"

[] What do you do?

gammoregan, SETIFAN and kinglugia like this.
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Get and eat apples

3. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[X] Get and eat apples

4. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

[X] Eat apples.

5. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Hmm, too many Fogs to be certain this one is which.

[X] Ponder the nature of the wish-granting Fog
    - [X] Wish for a bowl of ramen

6. modrony

modrony Making the rounds.

[X] eat apples.
    [X] Take out your phone and google: "Wish granting fog"

7. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Ponder the nature of the wish-granting Fog
    - [X] Wish for a bowl of ramen

8. PrinceArjuna

PrinceArjuna smugface

[X] Eat apples.

Apples are great. You can kill doctors with them.

9. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

For a moment you consider taking out your mobile phone and checking on Google whether you could find anything about this place with the search engine. Then you remember that you had gone to sleep before waking up here, so of course you wouldn't have a mobile phone with you.

Well that was that, but you guess you could just try if the apples were alright.

With some hesitation you step forward, checking the surrounding for anything else that could have appeared from the fog. But there is nothing, no other trees from nowhere or anything similar.

In the end you just shrug and walk over to the tree. You knock against the bark with some curiosity, but the sound and feeling of it appears perfectly normal.

Finally you grab a low-hanging fruit and break it off a branche without much effort. After a moment where you wondered if you should really do this, you take a bite.

"Mhhhhh..." The sweet taste of a fresh fruit fills your mouth. There is nothing that would indicate that this apple just appeared from nowhere. You enjoy the flavor of the fruit and the juiciness of its flesh.

That was a nice treat, maybe you should try if you could make something else appear? After eating another apple, you are reasonably full, but you guess you could eat a bit more. If this worked, maybe you could get a car this way too? Or something else that could get you home?

Note: I have not forgotten about this. But I feel like this is going to be another "Very sporadic update" thing.

gammoregan and SETIFAN like this.
  10. SETIFAN

SETIFAN I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Wish for a Cabbit

Why use a car when you can use a spaceship! One that can fly itself and is cute and fuzzy!