1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Charm Learning Shard (Worm/Exalted) (COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Daniel Snuts, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Daniel Snuts

Daniel Snuts Know what you're doing yet?

As you can see from the most recent chapter, Taylor did in fact notice that offscreen. Because I couldn't figure out how to best have her notice onscreen without interrupting the flow of things, decided to leave it for later, and completely forgot about it. Should probably go back and edit something in.

That charm doesn't work on humans.

Orichalcum is indestructible. Flechette destroys everything, including indestructible things. Flechette wins, homefield advantage (this is the Worm setting).

An unarmed strike uses Martial Arts regardless of whether you pop a form charm or not. So it can't hurt, and Taylor was in full 'I need every advantage I can get' mode, trusting that no one would notice/care about the particular stance she took. It's not obviously supernatural, after all.

She does carry a knife as Low Key, but a knife wound would be less likely to incapacitate him before he can Clockblock her (not that she's proficient in Melee either).

And no, she didn't know about the Lethal damage. It's almost as if the responsible thing would have been to try it out ahead of time, under controlled circumstances, with a healer present. Like, say, in some kind of dojo?

Depends on the charm in question and its exact mechanics. In this case yes.

Taylor is Essence 3 - she increased it from 2 during her Newter-induced vision quest.

As I mentioned in the other thread but not here, for effects needing to know the 'Essence' of other people, regular parahumans are 2, second triggers 3, Eidolon 4, Endbringers 6, Scion 10.

Oh, and so far no one has figured out the other thing she got from the vision quest:

2. Zxzx24

Zxzx24 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Somebody said "never met a slippery slope she couldnt speed run." In this thread I believe?

Peripheral essence pool?

*shrug*

Edit:
    She could also be attuned to something or have a permanent charm active. We just dont really know enough.

Maybe someone will figure it out though.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    space turtle and zapking5 like this.
  3. Requiem_Jeer

Requiem_Jeer I trust you know where the happy button is?

I figured it was some kind of mote pool expander, but I couldn't be arsed to figure out which one. But then you mentioned that she doesn't use motes, so that shut that out. Fits the training time too.

The question is, is it something that is themed after the essence walk... Or is it themed after Newter? Who the hell knows.

space turtle and Zxzx24 like this.
  4. Threadmarks: L.20
    Daniel Snuts

Daniel Snuts Know what you're doing yet?

Faultline leads you to a door no different from any other in the corridor. With a muttered "wait here" she opens it slightly and slips inside without letting you catch a glimpse of the interior. Presumably she's telling Labyrinth to put on her mask before you see her.

The door opens fully and Faultline beckons you inside. It appears to be a two-person bedroom, but the second occupant is not present. Labyrinth is sitting on one of the beds with her feet drawn up, hugging her knees to her body. She's wearing civilian clothes and a green mask with a maze pattern fully covering her face. Her long platinum-blonde hair is quite similar to yours. A coincidence, you didn't consider Labyrinth's appearance when you designed your current disguise. You wonder whether the resemblance affected Faultline's willingness to accede to your request, one way or the other.

You walk over and sit down on the unoccupied bed, and Faultline returns to Labyrinth to, well, 'hover protectively' seems to be the best description. Labyrinth turns her head to follow you as you cross the room, but doesn't say anything.

"Hi," you say. "I'm here to study your power."

She doesn't answer verbally, but a thick thorny hedge starts growing out of the floor between you. The room is thick with her power, but it's not... touching anything? The hedge is covered with the telltale glow of an active power, but not suffused? She's not actually transmuting anything, she's... transporting it from elsewhere? You're fairly sure that no terrestrial plant has thorns quite that theatrical, either. Interdimensional transportation!

"Fascinating," you say softly.

An odd grinding sound makes you turn your head to look behind you. A rusty suit of armor is emerging from the wall behind you, its outstretched arms coming to rest on your shoulders. A sword appears gripped in its right hand, with the blade resting on the upturned palm of the left hand and the edge pressing against your throat. The sword is rather dull, but the message is clear.

Faultline turns towards Labyrinth. "Should I tell her to leave?" she asks.

Labyrinth shakes her head. "I'm sorry," she whispers.

The pressure on your throat eases, and you look down to see a rounded section of the blade fade away and disappear. She isn't transporting things at all, you realize, she's overlapping other dimensions with your own.

"It's quite alright," you reassure her. "Please keep using your power."

Faultline nods to herself and leaves the room. She walks right through the hedge as if it wasn't there, yet when you reach out to touch a leaf it's completely solid. Selectively modulated dimensional overlapping! Oh, it is Christmas.

---

When you arrive at the bar on Monday, you discover that your plan was successful: Without any fighting pits left for you to guard, you're back to patrolling with Rune. You also see Alex there, but without his usual companions. You suppose the inexplicably successful raids have been shaking up everyone's schedule. Alex confirms as much, when you innocently ask what's up.

"Good riddance," he adds.

"You don't like dog-fighting?" you ask.

"Fucking nigger sport," he says. "Disgusting. Figures you'd be alright with it, being a super-nigger and all."

"Didn't see you agitate against it."

He shrugs. "Can't go against the brass, can you? Makes me wish our uncle was still with us, he'd never have stood for this shit."

"I wish that every day," Big Brain speaks up in agreement. "For six million reasons."

You hold your peace on the subject, but there's this thing that's been nagging at you for a week now, that you never got the opportunity to ask about.

"Apropos nothing, what did you guys have against Joshua Wilson anyway?" He rather stood out among the 'hate crime' headlines you found for having been targeted twice in the same week, far from Empire territory. First having his house vandalized, then being beaten up a few days later.

"Who?" Alex asks.

"The hortler from December," Big Brain says.

"Oh yeah, him. That."

"What?" Your dictionary on the nazi technical vocabulary must have missed that one. "What's a hortler?" You feel safe professing ignorance now. It may result in mockery, but not suspicion. They've already accepted you as one of them.

Big Brain doesn't even mock you, he just calmly explains how even in Brockton Bay the demand for hate crimes occasionally outstrips the supply. Which can lead the more enterprising individuals among the deprived minorities to take matters into their own hands, scrawling swastikas on their own walls and burning down their own (well insured) buildings.

Only swastikas are trickier than you'd think. A common rookie mistake is drawing the tines pointing the wrong way - this is what is known as a 'heil hortler'. But in this one case - unlike, say, welfare programs - the imperial citizens gladly embrace the white man's burden, and enthusiastically track down anyone who signals their need in this manner to beat them up for real.

---

You've barely even started your patrol when you come across the intruder. Unlike the typical gang-bangers who decide to test your borders, he is alone, unarmed, and wearing a suit and tie. Oh shit, is this an actual lost innocent? Wishing to preserve your streak of moral behavior while pretending to be a villain, you tell Rune to continue her patrol while you deal with him. "Call me paranoid, but he could be a distraction," you dissemble. It works, and she flies off.

The man stops when he sees you approach, making no moves to either flee or attack. Either an innocent or a highly skilled assassin, you think, then curse your brain for being silly. It's true what the rank and file says, Hollywood really does rot your brain (though you're not quite prepared to accept their follow-up thesis, that this an elaborate jewish plot to weaken the white race). Just because he's calmly striding into enemy territory dressed in a suit doesn't mean he's James Bond.

"Can I help you, officer?" he asks politely as you approach. He deliberately holds his hands away from his body too, in what you recognize as the 'I know I'm black and interacting with the police, but please don't shoot me' stance. He thinks you're a hero.

"...you're not from around here, are you?" you ask.

Indeed he's not (he explains), he's a sales representative for Silestra EcoPharm Incorporated, and he flew in from California just today (you note that he doesn't offer any identification to back this up, but that's probably just to avoid any unfortunate 'reaching for his wallet/gun' mixups). He was just on his way to his hotel when he ran across you, which brings him back to his original query of, well, can he help you, officer?

Ideally, he could help by geting the hell out of Empire territory before any real nazis show up to help you evict him.

"I'm afraid this is a restricted area," you settle on. "Do you have a map?"

He does, yes, but it didn't say anything about- you lean down to grab it from him, then scribble in the Empire's borders. There. That's the restricted area.

That's... a very large area, he notes cautiously. It is, you agree. Please vacate it ASAP. He does a fairly good job of repressing any facial expressions that might be taken as resisting arrest, despite your curt tone.

His entire demeanor is kind of funny, because if you look at the stats - and the rank and file fucking love looking at the stats, and sharing them with anyone in earshot - the police tendency to disproportionately shoot black people vanishes once you divide by 'giving the cops extremely compelling reasons to shoot you'. But two wrongs do make a right in this case: You aren't a cop, and he really should fear the organization you represent.

Makes you wish you could be a fly on the wall and observe his reaction when he asks a local about the restricted zone, and figures out what really happened here.

"That's one nigger that's never sticking his nose inside our borders again," you - entirely truthfully - tell Rune when you catch up with her.

"Nice job," she says, offering you a high five as Fenrir jumps up onto her rock.

"No one trying to sneak past?"

"Nope. Looks like another dull shift."

You start to nod, but freeze as you become aware of a strange whirring sound, rising over the background traffic noise. "What's that noise?" You swear you've heard it before, but can't seem to place it.

Rune pulls back her hood enough to free an ear. "Spoke too soon," she says. "That's Armsmaster's bike."

Oh. That's where you recognize it from. As it happens, you're not overly fond of Armsmaster after his disingenuous recruitment attempt the other day. "I wouldn't object to feeding him his teeth in a friendly engagement," you say conversationally. There may be a certain eagerness in your voice for her to pick up on.

Rune laughs. "Sorry to rain on your fight boner, but their patrol routes are pretty conservative. Unless he hears someone screaming for help he won't test our borders."

Right. There's a certain amount of realpolitik involved here. The Empire does have significantly more parahuman firepower than the local Protectorate. And while the latter has access to strategic assets the former lacks (cruise missiles, airstrikes), under normal circumstances they lack the political will to call on those in a populated area.

Rune laughs again at the way your shoulders slump. "I suppose if he actually caught sight of a pair of wanted criminals he'd have to give chase, but we're supposed to keep our heads down if possible."

The way she says that leaves you with the impression that she might be willing to disregard those instructions, should you press her on the matter. Rune is a bro.

"Welllll..." you say. "What if you were to cry for help? Do you think you could lure him away from his bike for a minute? Or 30 seconds at least?"

---

Peering over the edge of the roof, you see Armsmaster coming down the street on his bike. Just as he's about to pass you by, a piercing, feminine scream comes from the side street he just drove past. He instantly slams the brakes and jumps off the bike, halberd in hand, before it has even come to a complete stop.

Of course such a fancy tinker contraption does not fall over, but instead drives itself over to the curb, deploys its kickstand, shuts down the engine and engages its security system with an electronic chirp. Sorcerer's sight confirms that it contains almost as much tinkertech as his armor.

Be a shame if anything happened to it.

As Armsmaster dashes off below, you motion Fenrir over. Then the screaming stops, to be replaced with laughter as Rune flies up over the rooftops, out of reach.

"Halt!" Armsmaster calls. You see a grappling hook go shooting towards her rock, but a smaller rock deflects it before it can latch on. Still cackling madly, Rune flies off. "You're under arrest for multiple crimes, including assault with a parahuman ability and aiding an escape!"

Also conspiracy to provide an excellent distraction, you think as Fenrir positions himself at the edge of the roof. He lifts one leg, and three stories below multiple alarms go off as the yellow stream hits the tinker bike.

You fan the air in front of your face. Whew. With the steam alone being this pungent, he's going to have to invent brand new tinker solvents before his ride stops smelling of second-hand mutton.

Then Rune is back, having circled around to pick you up. She deflects another grapple shot as she swoops down to pick you up, then pulls into a steep climb leaving you completely out of range of the land-bound hero.

"I heard the alarms," she says. "What did you do?"

What kind of friend would you be if you didn't record the whole thing on your phone? Chortling with glee, you hand it over.

"..."

"..."

"...Biological sample kit."

"You have got to post this on PHO," Rune says as she passes your phone back.

You shake your head. "I wanted to tweak his nose, not start a feud." No one knows better than you just how big of a glory hound Armsmaster is. "Turning this into a public humiliation would make him come after me, I don't need that in my life. And I'm suspended from PHO anyway."

"Yeah?" What did you do this time?" Not waiting for you to answer, she gets her own phone out.

Welcome to the Parahumans Online Message Boards
    You are currently logged in, Rune (Verified Cape) (Temp-banned)
    You are viewing:
    • Threads you have replied to
    • AND Threads that have new replies
    • OR private message conversations with new replies
    • Thread OP is not displayed
    • Ten posts per page
    • Last ten messages in private message history
    • Threads and private messages are ordered by user custom preference.
    Your temporary ban expires on April 4, 2011.
    You have 14 infractions and 40 warnings.

■​

♦Topic: Alabaster escapes custody
    In: Boards ► Places ► America ► Brockton Bay
    Posted by: Bagrat (Veteran Member) (The Guy in the Know)
    Posted on March 26, 2011

(Showing Page 3 of 25)

► Low Key (Verified Cape)
    Replied on March 26, 2011:
    @Shadow Stalker
    Sorry about what happened. I expected you to shadow-dodge that like you did everything else. I hope Panacea was able to lend a hand.

@Clockblocker
    I'm not sorry about what happened to you. You touched my wolf.

► Shadow Stalker (Verified Cape) (Wards ENE)
    You're deafd, bitch! Dead, you hear me? I'll fukcxing kill you!

-User received a suspension for this post. Reason: Death threats, not cool. No, not even against villains.

► road_to_hell
    Now I'm curious, what happened to Clockblocker?

► Clockblocker (Verified Cape) (Wards ENE)
    Nothing! Nothing happened to me! No parts of my anatomy had to be painstakingly reconstructed by Panacea, and it wasn't the most mortifying experience of my entire life. Everything is fine!

► rrqn
    @Clockblocker
    Ouch!

► Aaaardvark
    He deserved it. Did you forget? He touched her wolf.

► Reave (Verified PRT Agent)
    He didn't just touch her wolf, he froze it in time.

► Smiling Songstress
    Gasp! What a cad!

► Hairy Porter
    I would never freeze m'lady's wolf without at least buying her to dinner first.

y u do dis, reave? :(
    End of Page. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 , 24, 25

(Showing Page 6 of 25)

► vanity
    @rrqn
    I agree. We're not *savages*

► will_eat_anything
    Harder! My wolf is thawing!

► Patrick O'Shaughnahuan
    Remember, in the Empire 88 they don't believe in wolf freezing before marriage.

► i_lurk_below
    I'm literally just here to fill space.

► rrqn
    @i_lurk_below
    That's what she said.

► FreshAir996
    @Low Key
    If I buy you dinner, can I freeze your wolf?

► Hermes (Moderator)
    The next person to use 'freeze wolf' as a euphemism gets a two-day vacation. Let's try to get this thread back on track.

@Clockblocker
    Oh shit, I didn't realize I hit you that hard. Now I feel bad. Can I make it up to you? How about if you come over and freeze my wolf all night?

-User received a suspension for this post. Reason: What did I *just* say?

► rrqn
    Hubba hubba!

► Smiling Songstress
    Can love bloom on the battlefield?
    End of Page. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23 , 24, 25

(Showing Page 25 of 25)

► NaCl
    Replied on March 28, 2011:
    Did anyone else feel that the press release was even more perfunctory than usual?

@Clockblocker
    For the record, that wasn't a euphemism. I meant exactly what I said. How about it, Clock? Offer's still open. Just you and me, and Fenrir being frozen in time. Over and over again, for *hours*.

-User received a suspension for this post. Reason: Stop. Just stop.

I'm so confused right now.

► Hermes (Moderator)
    I'm closing this thread.
    End of Page. 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25

"Nice," Rune concludes, having read through the thread in question. "But you better post that shit as soon as you're back, or else."

"Oh nooo, not a threat!" you drawl. "I'm shaking in my boots, here."

5. Doc Sithicus

Doc Sithicus Not too sore, are you?

Oh man, that's the level of shitposting I've been missing for years.

Shouldn't it be Hale Hortler?

6. zapking5

zapking5 But I don't want to have a title!

Haha it's actually not a euphemism.

Loving these daily chapters.

7. goricnac

goricnac I trust you know where the happy button is?

And things go deeper! it is now canon to this AU that a significant chunk of hatecrimes in the bay are faked by minorities. How much worse can we go? Find out next time on "Maybe Nazis Aren't That Bad Z"!

Honestly at this point reading out of morbid curiosity on how much farther the author will push this insanity, hopefully it stops before holocaust denial, but the escalation has been constant so far.

8. Alucard 109

Alucard 109 Not too sore, are you?

It's.. Definitely still sketchy, but "according to neo-nazis" is a pretty important asterisk to add.

Syruk, Reality Mode, Nihilea and 17 others like this.
  9. eeda

eeda Versed in the lewd.

LMAO, i was at work when i read the chapter i have to get out of the office, i love this one! Please make Taylor put the vídeo up in PHO.

And if we can see Glenn Chambers reaction to all this

10. GAMB42

GAMB42 I trust you know where the happy button is?

You know from everything the author has been doing with Taylor and her ongoing relationship with the E88 I'm seriously starting to think Taylor is not gonna be continuing to be part of their cape rooster so much as she is gonna end usurping the gang. I mean as soon as she stops collecting powers willy nilly or at least actually consciously realizes she is being slowly subsumed in the whole neo nazi ideal.

As it is I'm thinking when she finally finishes getting powers from all E88 capes she is either gonna fake her own death, turn herself for the PRT to cut a deal or simply decide to go all inn Solar Style and Tyrant of a Thousand Suns (No it's not a charm just the whole solar flaw overwhelming her if it's present).

Frankly the way her pysche is warped around getting more powers is substituting how Taylor generally always decides to go all in on her activities. Canon Worm was like that and most in tune character representations of her always speak about her comitiment to do whatever it takes. I'm kind missing this on this fic aside from the obsession with new powers and while it can get quite entertaining it's not really good storytelling in the long term.

11. Mentos

Mentos 吸血鬼

I don't know if I'd say a significant chunk, even from the mouth of an empire member it's only "occasionally", and then it's followed up by them actually doing a hatecrime.

12. Earth-Destroyer

Earth-Destroyer Versed in the lewd.

They are saying, that people are exploiting the presence of the gangs in the city to do insurance fraud. Which is definitely something that happens IRL. Honestly pretty good idea if you can pull it off, ditch a property you cannot sell because people are fleeing cities, get a big payout, and be able to leave the Bay with a nice nest egg.

13. Idoneior

Idoneior Getting out there.

The problem is the juxtaposition of describing this kind of behavior by others with never actually seeing the Nazis themselves doing anything bad. They say nasty racist shit, but the narrator's attitude is always, "oh, this is wrong but maybe also sort of justified" and we never see them committing violence or other harm against innocent people.

I like the power and the character, but this is starting to get really uncomfortable to read. Taylor needs to see soon how her Nazi friends are not good people, and badly, or this story is going to drift into outright racist apologia.

14. Zxzx24

A lot of people arent smart enough to add that on themselves.

The lengths that were gone to so that we can humanize and sympathize the E88 are just a lot more... more. Than pretty much anyone else in the story has gotten.

Indeed dragon was pretty extremely dehumanized. Which makes me think the author might just be fishing for controversy.

Given how much worm fans love her.

The PRT has also been a non stop clown show of fuck headery and wickedness. Which is very funny. I wish we would see more of that from the E88, but they are apparently the white knights of this story.

Drift?

We are way past apologia. This is basically a recruitment pitch.

15. Edifier

Edifier Trusted within thoughts.

I'm enjoying the story a whole lot.

16. Stanley_Jeb

Stanley_Jeb Versed in the lewd.

Never gonna happen. Or at least, definitely not gonna happen so long as Sophia lives. The Solars literally condemned the last authority that tried to fuck them over to be trapped in an infinite loop of dying without ever letting them die, enslaving and mutilating those that had the audacity to surrender, all trapped in transcendental agony, and those weren't even as malicious as the PRT. No chance. In Malfeas.
    1. Well... They are kinda also the only people Taylor interacts with who need it? I mean, the only other people that could apply to are the Undersiders, who don't really need it (they're small time criminals, and Taylor likes them by default) and Faultline's Crew (who have gotten a fair share of "they're not evil" for being a bunch of murderous, cold-blooded mercenaries (or weren't shat on for it, anyway)).
    2. You... You mean the literal AI? The literal NON-HUMAN ENTITY that is Dragon? The one who was implied would have TURNED ON HUMANITY during Golden Morning if she had the chance (IIRC with WoG confirmation, though I can't find it right now)? THAT Dragon? I mean... Yeah. No shit. She literally isn't. You DO realize she's part of Cauldron too, right? Not to mention the whole Sophia shit show she's involved in which gives us no reason to ever assume Taylor would side with her on anything? Who's the PoV character?
    Seriously, this isn't an issue with the story, it's an issue with the fandom. Dragon literally isn't a person. You could maybe argue that, with her restrictions off, she would be better, but that's not the situation here.
    3. Again, it's the PRT. Basically what the E88 is for the Gesellschaft, they are for Cauldron. Of course they are a non-stop clown show for wickedness, they basically work for the circus led by people who abduct people and mutate them.
    That being said, I do agree that I'd like for there to be a scene where the E88 just really fucks a guy up. Doesn't even have to be sanctioned by the brass of some shit, just a complete beatdown of someone who was there at the wrong place at the wrong time. Not that it'd matter, we already know Taylor's willing to widely escalate when it comes to dishing out vigilante justice on some PoC, twice, but seeing it in action with Taylor standing by the side, maybe being able to reflect on what's happening in front of her, would go a long way.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
    space turtle and Eyemore like this.
  17. Zxzx24

We were promised grimderp.

While I am sure the author enjoys stirring up comments by portraying Nazis half way sympathetically. I want to see some gore and blood already.

space turtle, Eyemore and Stanley_Jeb like this.
  18. Stanley_Jeb

Same honestly.
    And I want Vista to be there. Kinda just watch her be completely heartbroken about it :D

space turtle, Eyemore and Zxzx24 like this.
  19. raisins

raisins why not

Thread reaction: scurrilous nazi apologetics!

20. Zxzx24

Daniel Snuts isn't here for our entertainment. Were here for his.

Also your misrepresenting :V naughty naughty he/she/it/they

space turtle and Eyemore like this.
  21. QuickSilverD

QuickSilverD Getting out there.

Does anyone else suspects that last intruder was coil testing the empire cape?

22. Waterfly

Waterfly I trust you know where the happy button is?

My exact tough on that. Though with the whole throwaway time line thing he got going, It's hard to say see the reasoning unless he's out to get video evidence of Low Key's lacking enthusiasm. Though even that is sort of iffy as Kaiser isn't a true believer either, so many its to lay the groundwork for an Empire civil war between the nazies for ideology and the nazies for profit?

space turtle likes this.
  23. zapking5

zapking5 But I don't want to have a title!

I don't see why Coil would care about how violent Low Key is. How could he even make use of that information?

I don't think even the most hardcore Empire capes would be all that mad about her giving a verbal warning before attacking someone.

space turtle likes this.
  24. Waterfly

Waterfly I trust you know where the happy button is?

By itself no. She could even play it off as trying to be less violent and learning lessons from Rune. But if Coil is out to start a civil war he will probberbly make some more evidence first.

space turtle and zapking5 like this.
  25. Logos01

Logos01 Versed in the lewd.

That's... fairly accurate to real life though. As indicated by the cross-partisan rough agreement that between 15 and 20 percent of all reported incidents are hoaxes or otherwise faked.

Though in a story like this one you of course have to bear in mind the context of that conversation, as this goes back to what I was saying earlier: this is really how most real neo-Nazis work when soft-selling: they use real numbers and true statements that seem to support their positions and values, all while slowly boiling the pot on your little frog brain until you are suddenly in so deep there's no turning back. All the while hoping that you only pay attention to the other side's lies and only their side's truths, rather than recognize that both sides are pushing an agenda and sorting that requires eternal vigilance.

And it is then and only then that they start making you cross irreversible moral event horizons: it's one thing to brutally shred the bones and organs of would-be rapists, and another altogether to do so to someone you're simply told was "going to commit rape eventually, guaranteed".

Taylor's currently in the softserve side of the indoctrination -- the only remaining question is whether or not we'll get to see her confronted with the Moral Event Horizon Moment. We at least can have some hope she'll pull back from it given how she is still very much in the "I'm only using them because they are acceptable targets" mindset as exposed by her choices with Bitch.

26. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

That random californian guy is suspicious, I think he's Alexandria in makeup. :V

Eyemore, space turtle and Fernando like this.
  27. Zxzx24

It shows at least a passing familiarity with these tactics. Which is super interesting.

I doubt that the author is unaware that people sympathetic to neo nazi ideas will be drawn out of the woodwork and feel validated and supported by his sympathetic portrayal, or that the young and the ignorant on this website might be experiencing their neo nazi awakening after thinking. "Damn these nazis really do have some good points!"

Right before they run off to shoot up their school.

So who can say what the authors endgame is? I do wanna know though :V

Hm. Not too familiar with my radical ideologies honestly. Maybe I should look up more... regardless.

The ideals espoused have been more... anti government than Neo Nazi? Not terribly familiar with what the specific goals of the neo nazi movement in the modern day.

I dont know if anyone has even said the word ubermench yet?

They've mostly sat around complaining about the governments corruption and brutality, police corruption and brutality, media corruption and brutality, the state of the modern education system. Etc etc etc.

Also that the PRT sucks I guess. Depends on how much overlap the neo nazi fandom and the worm fandom have.

If you filed the swastikas and skinheads off they wouldn't be that distinguishable from any other neo anti government anti immigration anti non white people group. I think that's neo facists?

Even blaming "the Jewish government" and "the jewish education system" seems more like a fig leaf to me. Modern education and gov is pretty thoroughly Christian. They are just also thoroughly shit. So putting "jewish" before something you dont like is probably an easy way to score sympathy and outrage.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  28. Alucard 109

Alucard 109 Not too sore, are you?

It's not a huge overlap, but I've seen comment sections that prove there's definitely an overlap. Weirdly, this isn't one of them. I haven't even really seen anything in here blatantly pro-nazi. Closest I remember is an occasional "both sides" argument. And It's definitely not just that they aren't on this site. I've read about three chapters of Capeshit, plus it's comments out of morbid curiosity. There's definitely nazis around here somewhere.

Eyemore and Zxzx24 like this.
  29. Stanley_Jeb

OP is secret FBI agent confirmed :V

Honestly though, I can see neo nazi organisations be anti-gov. I seem to recall them having been like this back when there was no "neo." Right up until they were the gov, anyway.

Ragura, Mentos, Eyemore and 3 others like this.
  30. omegasrevenge

omegasrevenge The Epic of Alexander (Ultimate)

I never really understood how Flechette's power works. I heard something about "attacking in all parallel universes at once" which makes no sense why she would be able to destroy mundane stuff in the worm universe, since most stuff only exists in one universe. It would be super effective against things hiding in other universes, like Shards or Entity Cores, but not.... absolutely everything else.
    Like, why would attacking a steel wall from a different universe be more effective? It's still a steel wall. I can understand attacking A shard in its home universe since it most likely doesn't have the defenses up there to defend against the projectile, but what about all the mundane matter it's constantly used against in stories?

Eyemore, space turtle and Zxzx24 like this.