1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Charm Learning Shard (Worm/Exalted) (COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Daniel Snuts, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Frakir's brother

Frakir's brother Experienced.

As much as i love Malfeas and his denizens, without the collected lore from centuries of demon summoning, it won't turn out well. If she gets an educated Neomah or something equally harmless, then she might do well. If a Hopping Puppeteer is her first though, she won't know too keep babies away from it.

Saltedboi, Eyemore, Zxzx24 and 4 others like this.
  2. nescafe

nescafe Getting some practice in, huh?

... This is a Worm/Exalted grimderp fiction. Demons will only help things go even more spectacularly off the rails.

3. omni001

omni001 Versed in the lewd.

So I got two things from googling Exalted Sorcery.

One, Exalted can and are expected to make their own spells using the ones from the books as templates.

Two, the first spell an Exalted learns is very important and gets a boost.

No idea how accurate that is or how that will manifest narratively

Loved the chapter by the way, no real major plot stuff but just lots of fun humor and character scenes. Would kinda like to see more Ghost stuff, especially Shadow Stalker pov of her entrapment.

4. ses

ses Experienced.

Taylor doesn't have access to the months of secluded study and research that inventing her own spells would take. Same reason she needed Implicit Construction Methodology for artifacts to appear in the story at all, and that she can't independently recreate Celestial and Sidereal Martial Arts through meditation and enlightenment. All three of those things require months to years of downtime, which Worm doesn't allow for.

The second point is a Third Edition only mechanic iirc, and we're running off of 2e.

Seconding also wanting Shadow Stalker's point of view or at least dialogue from her.

Honestly I also hope she doesn't get demon summoning, because it turns every problem into "Summon a demon that's specialized in fixing that problem".

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  5. Whitesnake Pelinal

Whitesnake Pelinal Like a dream without a dreamer

A mitigation of that risk would be slotting in spells much like charms, through observation and copying of existing powers. It could be the role of Sorcery to allow for power copies that simply don't have a good match among the charm lists, or which for balance/story reasons should have some additional limitations or complexity to them.

Also, destroying people with swarms of butterflies would be meta.

6. Frakir's brother

I want her to summon demons, it'll be a glorious trainwreck. As well, since there's no Calibration she can't just throw Ligier at Scion, so all the easiest solutions are out of reach. Lastly, she's going to be putty in the hands of the first social focused demon she calls, not even a Second Circle, a skilled Serf would do it fine! One of the Harpists or a Neomah with any experience would have their own pet psuedo-Exalt within a week. I'm not rooting for Taylor anymore, I'm in it for the ridge.

7. ses

ses Experienced.

Wait. I don't think Taylor can summon demons. She doesn't have an Exaltation, she's running on a chinese bootleg Entity version. The Surrender Oaths don't apply to her.

8. nescafe

nescafe Getting some practice in, huh?

The Surrender Oaths just make it easier and safer to summon a demon. Without them, the demon is not bound to loyalty towards the summoner. I am sure it will be Just Fine.

9. Stanley_Jeb

Stanley_Jeb Versed in the lewd.

I mean... I think that since Earth Bet isn't Creation, the surrender oaths wouldn't really count for much. So do things like Calibration even matter?

Eyemore, Zxzx24 and 5ColouredWalker like this.
  10. Frakir's brother

If the Surrender Oaths don't apply to Earth, the first martial Second Circle or any Third Circle summoned just conquers it and stays there forever. Hell, a First Circle in the good grades of a Yozi might manage it.
    Kimbery gives out her favor easily enough.

Eyemore, Zxzx24 and Stanley_Jeb like this.
  11. Placeholdername

Placeholdername Know what you're doing yet?

It seems like demon summoning wouldn't really be summoning demons, if Taylor ever even gained the ability, but rather some sort of Shard-based projection or minions. If that's the case, whatever she summons, shouldn't be too free-willed or difficult to control.

pepperjack, Eyemore, axf81644 and 2 others like this.
  12. Frakir's brother

Count me uninterested in that, Exalted Demons are interesting because they are hard to manage even when the Oaths demand they try and obey in spirit. Removing that makes it eh at best.

Eyemore, Zxzx24 and PlasticSoldier like this.
  13. ChestBurster

ChestBurster Getting sticky.

Phew, after reading through all that and the discussion, your writing truly does reflect the actual inherent awfulness of being a nazi and tolerating their existence vs engaging in their fucked up culture.

I read through all of this because hey, it's useful knowledge to see which parts of the nazi are exaggerated and which are realistic. I say they are all pieces of shit for rationalizing it and that nazis as a concept need to die out. There is no benefit to their ideology, and there is no benefit to leaving them to their devices. I hate this Taylor and story, not just because she is being sucked into this nazi shit but because it is genuinely revolting to see her to turn into something worse in her greed for power.

Goodbye, it was funny the first few times but the shameless bigotry and the continuous effort to be in the racist death squad with only minor benefits ruined all of it.

If Taylor really was rational and thought about it. Going to a different city that isn't so dangerous but has lots of capes would be the best plan. She clearly doesn't care about her father anymore. Why stay in the crumbling state of her hometown? Why not cut off all connection after she got her shape-shifting? Why not use her acquired prt database to find cities that have powers that she wants to copy? The whole world is her oyster but all she strives for is immersing herself in a gang that pretends to be civilized and are proud about being the scum of the world.

Zxzx24 likes this.
  14. Dread Pirate Gilligan

Dread Pirate Gilligan Getting out there.

Tries to shed a tear at least for the loss of your quote end quote , "Valuable Power..."

Fails horribly...

Doc Sithicus, gustyeagle and Zxzx24 like this.
  15. Vrenze

Vrenze I trust you know where the happy button is?

So maybe observing The Siberian gets her a demon summon? or the Endbringers?

Zxzx24 likes this.
  16. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

I think the biggest advantage to initiating is the ability to gather sorcery motes. This might be what Taylor needs to start breaking out of the paradigm where QA is doing all of the power thinking and control.

omni001 likes this.
  17. Daniel Snuts

Daniel Snuts Know what you're doing yet?

Let me lay out my reasoning:

Having sorcerer's sight be blocked by clothing/costumes would be dumb and lame. Imagine Taylor not being able to have a clutch combat Thinker moment against Clockblocker, or figure out whether any given Coil is a body double, just because they're not showing any skin.

Given this, it also makes sense for her to be able to spot the gun-shaped light source shining through the canvas of Kid Win's school bag, if she squints a bit. But as she said during the Bakuda arc, if it's inside a building or a car or something? No.

She can't see anything through Vista's cardboard box - but she can see the light leaking out from the gaps where the flaps have been folded shut. Which as mentioned doesn't provide her with enough information to be sure about what's inside.

Sorry for wasting your time. Solid State Solutions is an OC company, but they're a semiconductor manufacturer, not a law firm.

Everyone loves Vista, just having her walk around with their logo would be massive coup. But also... yes, yes, it's all kinds of illegal to have a parahuman perform productive work. But if Little Miss Space Expansion just happened to walk past their R&D department while they're trying to iron out the kinks of their next-generation '2 nanometers smaller than the competition' etching process...

Oh yes, their stable of full-time lawyers can definitely afford to take some time off from strategically filing frivolous patent lawsuits all day to fight the PRT on this issue.

Soul strain goes away at the rate at which the sufferer would have learned whatever it was naturally (or for things that cannot be improved naturally, like magic wolves and Intelligence, an equivalent rate determined by XP costs). This rate varies from person to person - Taylor Hebert the protagonist/solar exalt/fated Khepri is obviously faster than John Doe the janitor who loves reality TV, but putting hard numbers on it would kinda defeat the point.

As for the second point, he can still learn skills as long as Taylor is around to manually install them.

Circus is an excellent mercenary - she is extremely loyal to whoever happens to be paying her at the moment, and won't switch sides without the proper 30 days notice.

This sounds like 3e bullshit that won't happen here.

18. Zxzx24

Zxzx24 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Rule of cool is a perfectly good rule.

I will admit I was hoping you were going to bust out and describe some kind of wild awareness charm combo though :V

space turtle likes this.
  19. ses

ses Experienced.

My Lung's By Rage Recast library guesses:

Size 4
    Scales 2
    Fangs 1
    Claws 1
    Wings 6
    Enhanced Hearing 1. This was a plot point during canon Skitter's fight against Lung, so the 1 point version should show up in his library.
    Dragon's Breath 6: Duh.
    Inexhaustible 2: We need something for Lung's regeneration somewhere.
    Fire Adaptation 1: It's not gonna let Taylor survive Behemoth's kill aura, but it's the best fire resistance on offer
    Serpentine Tongue 1
    Tail 1
    Thick Hide 4

Also I realize now that ninjasensei's page on mutation is a barrel of homebrew and not actually how 2e's mutations work. So Hookwolf's Deadly Beastman Transformation is probably more like:

Stone Body 6: Metal instead of stone is perfectly allowable
    Claws 1: Not as much murderblender as I had hoped.

Wolf/Gazelle/Cheetah's Pace is on the shortlist for if she increases her Essence or gets Terrifying Beastman Alteration.

Sadly it doesn't look like even Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai will let her mog on Echidna. Was hoping going in that there was a higher level of Size that would make something that would have the PRT fingering the Endbringer sirens. It's unlikely Taylor will ever get to manifest those wings without the Shintai.

It's not even rule of cool. That's a perfectly good reading of the rules and I concur completely with the interpretation even as a fairly strict DM. Rule of Cool was the fact that the Large mutation absolutely doesn't work like it did in the story, but giant dragon-girls are indeed cool and there's no 6 point option I can find to buy instead.

Eyemore likes this.
  20. Edifier

Edifier Trusted within thoughts.

That's the kind of unbalanced parasitic relationship I love. :D

space turtle likes this.
  21. Threadmarks: L.53
    Daniel Snuts

Daniel Snuts Know what you're doing yet?

You were going to spend yet another evening hammering worthiness into the worthless (aka a date with Theo), but you were interrupted by a note mysteriously appearing in your hand, telling you to do something else. Thank you, mysterious note!

...you have this nagging feeling that you know where the notes are coming from. Conclusion: You used a memory-wiping Master power on yourself to forget where they're coming from, and also that you had this power. You try not to think about it too hard, because that would defeat the point of doing that in the first place. You're sure you had good reasons.

Anyway, the note directs you to a nondescript building that's just far enough from the Boardwalk to trade a bit of safety for a bit of affordability. Further directions have you climb up the fire escape to the fourth floor. As promised, someone has left a camera there for you.

It looks brand new, and incredibly expensive. You know the notes would never steer you wrong, of course, but you're amazed that whatever force is behind them can afford to leave something like this just lying around. The telescopic lens is powerful enough that it has the same warning pictograms as a real telescope: 'Do not point directly at the sun.' 'Do not point directly at the Simurgh.'

You remember the study that led to that second one being adopted: 'Trends in all-causes mortality among amateur astronomers before and after 2003.' Mostly because it completely ruined Christmas when mom suddenly went back on her promise to buy you a telescope, and no amount of reasonable explanations or stupid bird ladies in orbit were going to prevent you from throwing a proper tantrum over it.

Or not-quite-orbit, whatever. You hear (as opposed to 'you understand') that orbits are fiddly things, and you can only do them at very specific speeds/height/shapes. And apparently the Simurgh always goes either slightly too fast or slightly too slow for it to count as a proper orbit, and never by the same amount. The 'how' is easy enough - telekinesis, duh - but no one knows 'why'.

Well, there was that one guy who claimed to have figured out why, it made national headlines a year or two back. Judging by the way he felt it necessary to write out the equations using the viscera of his wife and children, he was probably right.

Luckily the cop who responded to the disturbance was a high-school dropout who didn't know the first thing about algebra, and shot the astronomer dead on the spot when he started trying to explain it. Since the corpse was white, it was quickly and uncontroversially ruled to be justifiable self-defense.

Of course there is approximately zero chance that the equations aren't sitting around in a bunker somewhere, waiting for someone to figure out a way to weaponize them. So saying that 'no one knows' isn't entirely accurate - the knowledge is out there, even if it does not currently reside in any human brain.

You're woolgathering, because you have nothing to do right now. The note said to wait until someone appears in the apartment across the street, then start taking pictures. And to keep taking pictures for one minute after they've left? Well, you do not question the notes.

The apartment itself is nothing special. Simple furniture with no particular theme, and some tasteful, understated decorations that look like they where all bought from the same 'tasteful and understated decorations' aisle at the flat-pack furniture store. Someone wanted to give his home a bit of character, and was relieved to discover that the forces of capitalism had his back when he didn't know where to begin.

When someone finally shows up, it is not who you expected.

"I have a nemesis now," Aisha tells you.

"Yeah?"

She nods. "Armsmaster. He's in charge of the Rig - he built the defenses - and he lets people just waltz in and murder his prisoners? I'm going to destroy him."

While you are, for unrelated reasons, happy that the Rig didn't have better defenses, you agree with the fundamental premise. By rendering Grue defenseless, Armsmaster implicitly made himself responsible for his wellbeing. And he handled that about as well as... as well as Aisha handled the first time she was put in charge of your wellbeing?

You're not so tactless as to say that out loud, however. Water under the bridge, minion under your command, etc. "Challenging. Just. I approve," you say instead.

She beams at that. "I have a plan, it's gonna be great! But, uh, I could use your help. You're a Tinker, right?"

You shake your head. "I'm all out of orichalcum. You can afford to have Toybox build you-"

"No, I don't need anything built, I just need the plans. Blueprints. Something that he would want to look at, that could lure him out and distract him. I figure it takes a real Tinker to fake that convincingly."

"Okay, sure. I can whip up some Armsmaster bait no probl-"

"Yes! This shall henceforth be known as Operation Armsmaster Bait!" Aisha jumps up from the couch and does a little celebratory dance, repeating the words 'Armsmaster Bait' over and over while you bury your face in your hands.

It takes you an embarrassingly long time to recognize him. The beard would probably have tipped other people off, but you barely look at parahumans' faces even when they're not masked, instead identifying them by their powers. And every time you've seen this guy before, his power was almost entirely drowned out by a Christmas tree of tinkertech.

Yeah, it's Armsmaster. In civvies. Rumpled shirt contrasting with well-ironed slacks, no tie. You feel no remorse whatsoever about raising the camera and starting to snap pictures.

From your vantage point you can see into the kitchen and the living room. Armsmaster looks around the former first, and nods to himself as he spots a stack of papers on the kitchen table, but he walks over to make sure the latter is empty before sitting down to read. He doesn't look out the windows.

You keep snapping pictures. Is it just you, or is something about those diagrams strangely familiar?

"Here." You present Aisha with the fruits of your labor: A stack of papers full of diagrams and schematics. Unordered and only haphazardly labelled (and with some pages 'missing'), but a decent Tinker who knew what he was looking at would be able to piece together 'Smith's notes on orichalcum lasers' with some effort. You even went to the trouble of tracking down Funny Jim again and having him do the annotations for that extra verisimilitude.

"Armsmaster bait?" she asks

"Armsmaster bait," you agree with a sigh. "The best bait."

"Uh huh. Yep. This looks like the good stuff all right." You're pretty sure she's holding the page upside down on purpose, as a joke. Very funny, ha ha, but you do kind of want her to acknowledge just how good the stuff is.

"It's not even fake," you tell her. "It works. In theory. It's unorthodox, and clever and intricate and so ridiculously far from cost-efficient that no one would ever get the budget approved to build it even if they could somehow source the materials, which they can't. It's completely useless to him, yet I guarantee he won't be able to put it down. It's goddamn Tinker catnip, is what it is."

"You mean it's hardcore Tinker porn," Aisha corrects you. "For the Armsmaster bait." You give her the response that deserves, which is to say you flick her on the nose with a mind-hand.

Armsmaster, well, fidgets like a motherfucker as he reads. You wouldn't have pegged him as the type. But he keeps adjusting his position, and moving his hands about. At one point he even stands up, then shifts uncomfortably for a while before sitting down in a different chair.

Whatever was bothering him about the chairs, he eventually gets fed up with it. Grabbing the papers, he makes his way over to the living room where he sprawls down on the couch in a very undignified manner. It doesn't look very comfortable either, and there's something weird about the way he's holding the papers out in front of him.

After another few minutes he gets up again, and returns to the kitchen. But instead of sitting down again, he just puts the papers back on the table and leaves. In accordance with your instructions you keep taking pictures of the empty apartment. Feels pointless, but whatever.

More or less a minute later, your phone vibrates. It's Aisha. Oh yeah, Aisha is a person who exists. You know where the notes are coming from again.

"Did you get it?" Aisha asks excitedly.

"Pretty sure I did," you say. "Uh, what exactly did I get?" Aisha just giggles in response. Well, you can figure that one out on your own. Unintuitive camera UIs are as nothing before industry and forge wisdom, and you quickly figure out how to go back and view the pictures you've taken.

So, there's Armsmaster in the apartment. There he is sitting down for the first time. And there's Aisha coming up behind him (also in civvies, her typical 'hooker, but underage' look). He takes some kind of device out of his pocket? You don't remember that? Ah, the next photo is Aisha gently taking it out of his hands. One photo of him looking briefly confused, before going back to reading.

"What was that you took from him?" you ask.

"Camera. Couldn't let him do that. HangonIjusthadthebestidea! Get your wolf to track him! I need to know where he lives!"

"Don't get yourself arrested," you say sternly. You would have to take measures if she was taken into custody.

"No no no, I'm just going to give him his camera back," Aisha assures you, barely holding back laughter. "Hang on, I need to set things up. Call you back?"

You are not exactly reassured. But you kinda want to see where this is going, and it's not as if Fenrir has anything better to do right now, and you can always not tell her if she doesn't give you a proper explanation first. You make your way down to street level where Fenrir is waiting for you (invisibly, of course), and give him his instructions. Armsmaster will be long gone, but the papers should have caught enough of his scent.

Aisha calls you back almost as soon as you finish. "Are you looking at the pictures? Keep looking."

Ah. With the camera taken care of, the next series of pictures follow a theme, of Aisha carefully kneeling down and posing the two of them so that it is very apparent that her face is pressed against his crotch, but enough is obscured that it's impossible to say what else is going on down there. Not all angles work out perfectly, but there are enough that do.

"Nice," you tell her.

Then you move on to the next picture, and freeze. Wow. She'd go that far that in the name of revenge? You admire her dedication, but you get the feeling that Brian would not approve. Oh yeah, he very much would not approve, you discover as you keep scrolling.

Then they move on to the couch. Once again Armsmaster's lower body is obscured, but the naked girl on top of him is quite visible. She was making him hold the papers against her chest, you realize. But of course the papers are not visible from this angle, making it look like his hands are being used for a different purpose entirely.

The reason you were made to keep taking pictures after Armsmaster left is finally revealed, as you find several beautiful shots of Aisha crying on the couch before gathering up her clothes and leaving.

"Someone is going to become famous," you remark.

Aisha's giggling evolved into full-blown evil laughter as you scrolled through the images and made various little remarks and exclamations. "I can't wait to see them myself," she says. "Come on. I got a shot of him talking to my 'pimp' beforehand, but I want you to get some of us walking off together too, with me looking all sad 'n shit."

"Alright." Before you put the camera down, you scroll back to your favorite image of the set and just savor it for a moment: Armsmaster smelling his fingers and looking confused as all hell. You won't be releasing that one - his expression would rather give the game away - but it's definitely getting printed out and put on the wall in your lair.

Welcome to the Parahumans Online Message Boards
    You are currently logged in, Poltergeist (Unverified Cape)
    You are viewing:
    • Threads you have replied to
    • AND Threads that have new replies
    • OR private message conversations with new replies
    • Thread OP is displayed
    • Ten posts per page
    • Last ten messages in private message history
    • Threads and private messages are ordered by user custom preference.

■​

♦Topic: The allegations against Armsmaster
    In: Boards ► Places ► America ► Brockton Bay

Thus Spaketh (Original Poster) Posted on May 12, 2011:

Since at least three threads have been deleted so far, let's begin with some ground rules:

DO NOT POST ANY OF THE PICTURES

NO, NOT EVEN THE 'SAFE' ONES

DO NOT TALK ABOUT SECRET IDENTITIES

Got that? Good.

So, how deep a pit do you think they'll bury him in?

(Showing Page 5 of 22)

► ReadyRoom
    Replied on May 12, 2011:
    I liked the last thread title better.

► Syzygy
    Replied on May 12, 2011:
    I vote the next thread title should be 'Armsmaster investigates underage prostitution ring'

► will_eat_anything
    Replied on May 12, 2011:
    Next thread title: armsmaster gets his halberd looked at

► Inappropriate Crochet
    Replied on May 12, 2011:
    New cape in Brockton Bay, codename Jailbait

► federal_bureau_of_meat
    Replied on May 13, 2011:
    Bait status: Taken

► a piece of string
    Replied on May 13, 2011:
    Be honest. Wouldn't you?

► Reave (Verified PRT Agent)
    Replied on May 13, 2011:
    Armsmaster just checked himself into MS containment.

► long_distance_chef
    Replied on May 13, 2011:
    the old 'a master made me do it' defense, huh

► Pointy Hat Fancier
    Replied on May 13, 2011:
    A bold move, cotton. Let's see if it pays off.

► will_eat_anything
    Replied on May 13, 2011:
    Next thread title: a master made him do it

End of Page. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20 , 21, 22

22. wigg55

wigg55 Not too sore, are you?

Damm girl, that's brutal.

23. Vealie

Vealie Versed in the lewd.

Wow.

Not your typical worm fic escalation but still... Wow.

24. GiantAnteater

GiantAnteater Know what you're doing yet?

The timing on this is really on point, right after nanite trackers and Vista resignation, that's unfortunate for heroes on multiple levels.

25. ses

ses Experienced.

Oh fuck it's RIGHT after Vista walked out of the Wards. Everyone is going to make the assumption.

Daniel Snuts, is the June date on PH-O-Vision accurate? I feel that should be May instead. In which case: Dawn of the second day: 48 hours remain.

26. tronax

tronax Know what you're doing yet?

Holy shit that was a strong move.

27. Logos01

Logos01 Versed in the lewd.

Friendly reminder that in canon Aisha drove Niko Vasil into committing suicide with this shit.

This is TAME compared to the things she's capable of.

Syruk, SecretCervix, Nihilea and 24 others like this.
  28. GAMB42

GAMB42 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Just WOW. THis truly is the fic that keeps on giving. Horrible people doing horrible stuff to each other without mercy or pause. Mixed with the eventual fluff, lots of madness, exalted mindwhamming, fascist sinkholes and a complete lack of brakes. Never ever stop Daniel Snuts.

29. eeda

eeda Versed in the lewd.

Holly shit Aisha truly learn from Taylor about great revanges.

30. ses

ses Experienced.

Guess Simmy took offense to people implying she was wrong.

Also that means that Taylor could totally nab Simmy-chan's charm if she really felt like deep frying her brain even more that it already is. Honestly considering how deep into despair she's fallen I give it a 50/50 chance that she'll decide she's already cooked anyway so there's no point in not doing it. You should really get Ego-Infused Pattern Primacy from Alabaster first though, then you'll be able to do it without fear. Also guessing Heuristic Logos Shintai for Simurgh. Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai for Behemoth, and All-Devouring Depths Shintai for Leviathan. I think it'd be cool for each of the Endbringers to give a Shintai charm, though I suppose this makes Oni Lee (RIP) an honorary Endbringer with his Splintered Gale Shintai we never got to see.

I'm guessing we're gonna get a bar scene next chapter about them talking about Armsy being a pedo? I felt a little put off that both the two most recent chapters were disjointed day-in-the-life-of-gathering-power snippets rather than connecting to the current main plot events regarding E88 and Taylor's identity and the war against Coil, but then I realized that 48 hours remain until Levi so this is author-san's last chance to get any snippets in he wanted to show off that take place within the status quo.

Finally, holy shit Taylor what the fuck? I'm almost at the point of suspecting Taylor of secretly having the 1st Ebon Dragon Excellency.