• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Chronicles of Elyria

Randomosity

Versed in the lewd.
So, I discovered this game not too long ago (website is here) and I think it'll be fascinating, even revolutionary (it's still in development). Basically, the idea is you have a soul, and that soul is incarnated in a character, That character goes through their life, ages and eventually dies. Then, you're reincarnated, only with bonuses depending what you did in your past life. Of course, these bonuses are cumulative, so the more lives you live, the more bonuses you have. There's a lot more to it than that, but the dev journals on the site sum it up a lot better than I can. I will say that it's going to be pretty cheap as far as games go -- IIRC, the stated figure is around $30 each life you live (plus ~$50 for the game itself), with each life (assuming you don't go out and get stabbed or mauled by wolves or whatever, which shortens your lifespan) lasting about one RL year (give or take a few months), and 4 RL days roughly equaling 1 in game year (technically 100 hours, but close enough). What that means is that it ends up costing, on average $2.50 a month, which is a lot less than most games for a lot more interesting content. All in all, I'm really looking forward to playing it when it comes out.

If you do decide you want to play it, here's my reference code: 12504F

Beyond that, anybody have thoughts/opinions/comments/anything?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back