1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Confessions of an Accidental Shinigami (DeathNote) One shot

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Wolfboy, Jan 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Wolfboy

Wolfboy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Confessions of an Accidental Shinigami

Purgatory:

“So what’s your story?” a spike covered shinigami said to his wolf headed companion as they waited.

The wolf headed one sighed before answering with the question, “What do you know about the mortal realm and it’s knowledge of this place?”

“I know they made one of those crappy animated shows about it,” the first on answered. “Didn’t care too much for it, but I watched some of the episodes on occasion.

The wolf headed one nodded, “I watched the first two episodes I think.” He said, “My girlfriend was really into it though, collected the entire series and various pieces of merchandise from it.” The spike covered one grunted, so the wolf continued, “Anyway, I had managed to get us weekend passes to Dragon Con, but she was called into work at the last minute, and I promised that I would get her all the autographs that I could while I was there.”

“You didn’t!” the spiked one exclaimed in a hushed voice.

The wolf nodded his head, “She didn’t have an autograph book, was going to pick one up at the con,” he said with a sigh. “The damn Deathnote was sitting right on the edge of the merch table and I thought she would get a thrill out of all the autographs being in the book, especially if they played along with the rules, so I got it.” The wolf shrugged, “Hell, the actors and artists all thought it was a damn hoot, especially the more signatures and methods that I got.”

“How many?” the first one asked. “How many people signed the damn Deathnote and put some date and method for their deaths?”

“Fifty,” the wolf answered, “All told, fifty souls plus me and my girlfriend put our names in the damn book.”

The spiked shinigami looked at the wolf headed one and shook his head. “Bastard,” was all he said.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Thaumaturgy, gaouw and SonOfNenji like this.
  2. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

Did you mean Shinigami for the title? First chapter had no shikigami (which are never even mentioned in the series). Shikigami (meaning divine formula or formula god) were the familiars of Onmyoji. Pop culture have exaggerated some aspects of them though.

3. Wolfboy

thanks and fixed, honestly consider it a cross between a typo and bad memory, i really only watched the first two or three episodes before i threw up my hands at the series, but the idea of picking up an actual DeathNote book and using it as an autograph book at a con wouldn't leave my head the last two to three days, so i wrote this

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  4. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

If you ever want to visit China don't tell them you came up with this idea, you might be barred entrance :p

5. OverMaster

OverMaster Well worn.

The name still appears as Ishikami in the thread's title. Those can be edited as well, you know.

6. Wolfboy

Actually I wasn't sure and had to play with it to figure out how. Fixed now though