1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Gamer System: Stat Capstone Skill Discussion.

Discussion in 'General' started by Clepta, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Clepta

Clepta Getting sticky.

So I did a Rule 34 economy CYOA that ended up getting stuck in my head. One problem, one of the powers picked was "The Gamer". Wrote out the first chapter or two before getting side-lined system designing. I'm cool with the Stat system I've come up with. Skills on the other hand are fighting me, more specifically stat breakpoint skills (eg, 50,100,150 stat skills) On my current sheet stats scale up to 1000, so that's 20 skills for each stat. 1000 in a stat is basically god tier since stats are on a non linear scale.) The skills scale up to be appropriately powerful and for most of them that's fine.

At 1000 stats, Str makes you One Punch Man, Speed makes you a max power level Flash with Ninja training, Constitution makes you God tier impossible to hurt, immortal and uncaps stat growth, Int makes you a reality manipulator with uncapped skill levels, Cha makes you the Sexy Emperor of Man... The problem currently, is Wisdom and Luck. I can at least imagine what a god tier luck build would look like but wisdom has me so stumped I'm considering just removing the stat.

Dnd has wisdom described as practical intelligence, perceptiveness and how in tune with the world they are, so maybe it should go power copier? Any Ideas are helpful at this point.

The-Anonymous and JoTa34 like this.
  2. Clepta

Clepta Getting sticky.

QuantumZero and JoTa34 like this.
  3. Kasikan

Kasikan Not too sore, are you?

I think for wisdom you should consider what it means to be wise. Intelligence can mean knowing everything, but wisdom is usually attributed for how to use that knowledge. Basically always able to make the right decision with the information they have. Maybe have it also be able to predict things at max value. If you can understand everything including the world itself, you could predict or feel out anything. So clairvoyance, empathy, being able to become one with nature and the elements. Anything that would require understanding or ability to judge something should fall into wisdom. At least that's what I take as maxed out wisdom's purpose. As for luck, it's just probability manipulation. Causality itself is yours to command at maxed level.

Vorian likes this.
  4. Smurfpapa

Smurfpapa Verified Blue

Wisdom 1000 would be like if Path to victory layed out a million step plan to reach your goal you would understand how each step worked together towards the goal. You wouldn't be able to conceive such a plan, that should be for int 1000, but you would understand it.

5. Lemonbarb

Lemonbarb Very sour Grinch

Hope you don't mind me talking about possible STATS, necro-revive wise here. If going by a 40k vibe. Capstones and such.

first, some loose "to 40k" stats. Here's what I have 'roughly' in mind;
    • WOUNDS (W) hit zero and you're dying out
    • -
    • Weapon/Ballistic Skill (WS / BS) the Melee/Range assisted-accuracy 'stat'
    • Strength (S); physical poweress
    • Toughness (T); physical endurance (influences WOUNDS)
    • Action/s (A): Influences initiative, and how 'much' you can do instantly?
    • Leadership (Ld); mis/stir with Fellowship. Either a 'scaling' "Gamer's Mind", and/or allows one to prevent others from panicking?
    Other stat's, bar some statistical "SV/Sav" stat, to avoid horrible Nurgle tier ailments (by a roll of an invisible 'die'). All loosely taken/ripped of from Fantasy Roleplay?
    • Agi; how agile/reflexive you are, dodge wise?
    • Dex; how nimble you are, with your fingers?
    • Int; How SMART you are, knowledge wise
    • WP; Your Willpower to resist. May also have strength/impact on (resisting, OR causing) warp shenanigans?
    • Move = "Set" to the standard rate (human). Might improve slightly, if you're an olympian runner?
    As for how a "Hard" Cap, would be set? Say ~/~ be 10 for each stat. While in practice, improving/grinding on said stats would be as much a herculean grind, as the "Fantasy Roleplay" on an incremental scale.

While for any 'rigged' capstones? I'd lean towards a "3/6/10" model. More under a 'free' perk (rigged by the PSYCHIC Gamer system/spirit), over some bullshit mutation. (Unless you're ChAoS aligned?)

-

As for what I'd like to write, if I feel compelled to get dunk on the Grimdarkness of War?

Honestly, I feel the biggest woe on any 40K Gamer fics. Is they don't give much respect for the 'gamer' stats on 40k/FB, or Rogue Trader/Fantasy Roleplay their due service.

Especially when you can end up delivering crippling. Even fatal critical wounds, to the rev of a good chainsword swing. Or how 'narrative' tier of influence could be the "Game's (Mis)Fortune". That can 'easily' be explained as some "Emperor Protects" tier of perk.

And hey, maybe Darktide can be a due influence, or reference material for possible perks/stat influences, as much as a possible "campaign" intro, for that 'isekai' experience?

6. Benvolio

Benvolio Getting out there.

I've usually seen wisdom used as a combination of perception and empathy. It lets you know motives but not methods and lets you know what is happening and what is around you but not what the combination of those things could do. At 1000 I could see it as a mixture of almost mind reading in person and the ability to know what the creator or writer of a message meant and was thinking at the time along with who wrote it and things about them. Something like the Final Fantasy Peek power that lets you look at other people's character sheets along with something that basically lets you hear people's inner monologues with a heaping helping of superman level vision and hearing. maybe a little psychometry in there too (i.e. how did the last person to fire this gun feel. from the way the grip is still warmed or the oils are smudged were they holding it in a white knuckle grip? or steady aim? or loose? and from there deriving their emotions.

Vorian likes this.