1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Devils + Vampire (Post-DMC 5 X Rosario + Vampire Fanfic)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by LinkOnScepter, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Threadmarks: Chapter 1: The Beginning Of Our Journey
    LinkOnScepter

LinkOnScepter Versed in the lewd.

The Qliphoth Tree.

A Demonic Tree that grows in the Underworld.

It feeds on the blood of humans to nourish itself. And when it has been fed enough, it produces a fruit once every thousand years. Legend has it that if a demon were to consume this Qliphoth Fruit, then it will gain immense power. The last demon known to have eaten this fruit was Mundus, the Late Lord Of The Underworld.

Before, the Tree was kept at bay. By separating the Underworld from the Human World, The Legendary Dark Knight Sparda cut off the Tree's food supply. It languished and starved for two thousand years. Then, the barrier between the two worlds was broken. A new Demon Lord, Urizen, arose and planned to grow another Qliphoth Fruit. So that he may become the new Lord Of The Underworld.

But his plan failed.

He was defeated.

But the Tree remained.

Its roots grown fat off the consumption of human blood, they began to spread without end. Through both the Human World and into others. For the Qliphoth's hunger is endless and will not stop at only one world. It will attempt to reach into and drain all worlds of their life.

It would grow unending...save for one fact.

That being the twin streaks of red and blue light that just cleaved the entire Tree in half.

As the Demon Tree began to fall, its roots and branches either disintegrating or falling to the ground alongside it, the streaks of light headed towards the ground. They landed in an opening between the crumbling roots, scorching the flesh-like ground as they hit the floor. In a bright flash of red and blue the two lights revealed who they were.

The children of The Legendary Dark Knight.

Sparda's Offspring.

The Twins who have surpassed their father's power.

Dante and Vergil.

"And that's that," Dante laughed while casually brushing some root dust off his shoulder. His deep crimson coat fluttered in the air generated by the Tree's rapid descent. Around him demons ran in every direction, loping, hopping, or skittering away from the destruction wrought by the two brothers. Any that got too close were swiftly cut down by an errant flick of Dante's sword. The Devil Sword Dante, an obsidian blade that was as wide as Dante's torso, moved faster than its size would indicate in his hands. He rested the weapon across his shoulders, white hair falling around his stubble covered face as he turned to his twin brother, "So, we still counting that as one? Cause if so, then I'm in the lead."

Vergil, his dark blue coat the polar opposite of his younger brother's own, shot an angry glare at Dante. A fleeing demon passed too close to the older Son Of Sparda and soon found itself horizontally split in half. The click of Vergil's sword, the Yamato, returning to its scabbard followed its body parts falling to the ground in bloody heaps. He turned towards Dante and spoke in a self-serious tone of voice that contrasted his brother's own jovial tone, "We will not include the Qliphoth Tree as an enemy. It is inanimate. Thus it shouldn't be considered a part of our count. And what do you mean by in the lead?"

Dante tilted his head while turning towards his brother, "You sure about that? I certainly recall that thing's roots climbing out of the walls to try to kill me. I'd call that animate. And, yeah, I'm in the lead. I killed that Fury back there before we took out the Tree."

"You did not. My swords pierced its flesh before you even reached it. If we count that, then I'm the lead. And even if we did count the Qliphoth as an enemy, we both struck it at the same time. Thus it adds to neither of our counts," Vergil said, the frown on his face deepening as he looked at his brother.

Dante raised an eyebrow, walking closer to his brother as some debris from the Qliphoth fell behind him. He ignored the dust as he gave his brother a cocky smile, "Really? I could've sworn I hit that thing long before you even got there. Maybe getting your ass-kicked by your son messed up your understanding of distance?"

There was a clicking sound and Dante suddenly felt something poking his side. He looked down to see the guard of the Yamato against his hip. Completely nonchalant, he raised an eyebrow at Vergil. The older brother scowled up at Dante, "Perhaps you'd like another demonstration of my abilities? I don't think we ever settled our score from before, after all."

"No, I don't think we did," Dante's voice gained an excited edge to it as he stared his brother down. Then he raised a finger, "But, I think we should postpone it. Because of that."

He pointed up towards the disintegrating Qliphoth Tree. Vergil followed his finger with his eyes.

And beheld the rapidly approaching avalanche of dust and destroyed roots heading their way.

He huffed then sheathed the Yamato, "Fine. We shall hold off on finishing our bout. For now...,"

"...lets get the hell outta here!" Dante finished with a yell. His Devil Sword Dante disappeared in a flash of red as the started running away from the avalanche. Vergil matched his pace easily as he did the same. The two Sons Of Sparda made a mad dash away from the approaching devastation behind them. Any demon that dared get in their path was either cut down by one of Vergil's Summoned Swords or shot dead by Dante's Pistols, Ebony and Ivory. Neither slowed down for any reason. Even when the ground below them started to give way. They simply jumped over the holes in the floor or "Tricked" their way passed.

Dante looked back and saw that the avalanche was still on their tail. Cursing under his breath, he summoned one of his newest Devil Arms. His body flashed red as the black and silver forms of the Cavaliere buzzsaws appeared in his hands. He hopped into the air and slammed the two together, both weapons forming into one.

A motorcycle with chainsaws for wheels.

Vergil groaned and shook his head, "Really?"

"Hey, you have a better way to move faster than our running speed?" Dante said as his new ride ate up the earth below him. He kept it at a steady pace and jerked his head behind him, "Now hop on! Unless you think you can outrun gravity."

Vergil pursed his lips. He looked behind him at the approaching avalanche, then down at his own two feet, then at Dante...then back at the avalanche.

He didn't answer until he could feel the debris of the avalanche nipping at his heels. With a loud "Fine!" he teleported onto the back of Dante's motorcycle. He kept one foot on Dante's back while the other was on the back edge of the vehicle. His right hand was on the guard of his blade, while his left held the weapon's scabbard. Blue Demonic Power flowed from his arms into his weapon while his stoic eyes focused on the path in front of them.

"Cool," Dante revved Cavaliere, the motorcycle exploding forward as lightning and fire shot from his back. Its wheels destroyed ground while running over or through any demon that got in the way. They managed to get away from the advancing avalanche, but it was still coming faster and faster. And they couldn't keep moving forever. Especially with the ground below them disappearing faster and faster.

Making a mental note to get back at Vergil for having his foot on his back later, Dante glanced back at his brother, "Don't know how much longer we'll have road to eat up. You got a plan to get us home?"

"The Qliphoth Tree's roots were fed with enough human blood to let them reach into other dimensions," Vergil began as the Yamato's scabbard started to glow with a bright blue light, "With its destruction, those dimensional rifts will become unstable and shut themselves. Before that happens, I can use the Yamato to cut a rift open."

"And that'll take us home?"

"...."

"Vergil?"

"There is a chance it will."

"A chance?"

"If I had more time to concentrate, I would be able to choose our exact destination. But as it stands," Vergil glanced around at the chaos around them, "I'll only be able to open a rift."

Dante shook his head but kept a smile on his face, "So, it's a roll of the dice then? Figures. Well, anywhere's better than this place. How long do you need?"

"Three seconds," Vergil took up a stance, "Just keep going straight."

Dante nodded and turned his attention back to the road in front of him. The ground started giving way around them, taking away all their alternate routes. Demons fell screaming into the darkness below. More roots and branches fell around the brothers. The avalanche behind them started to catch up.

Yet Dante never once blinked.

Which let him see the road in front of them crack...and then turn into a ramp over a bottomless dark pit.

"Now!" Vergil shouted as Yamato flashed out. Faster than the eye could see, an azure wave of energy flew towards the space just in front of the newly made ramp. It hit an invisible wall, which soon turned into a large blue rift.

"Full Throttle!"

Cavaliere roared into motion, its speed increasing tenfold as Dante pushed the weapon to beyond its limits. The motorcycle flew up the ramp and over its threshold towards the rift.

Time seemed to stop.

The Sons of Sparda were frozen in mid air. Dante had an excited smile on his face. Vergil was frowning as he gripped Dante's shoulder for dear life.

Behind them was the avalanche made of the remnants of the Demon Tree.

In front of them was the blue rift that would take them to parts unknown.

Then, time resumed.

The brothers flew through the rift.

Then the avalanche consumed it.

Nurari, the Nurarihyon Bus Driver of Youkai Academy, suddenly smiled.

"Well, now," he spoke to his empty bus, "This is interesting. I should let him know."

Yep. This is a thing now.

What Is This?: A new Crossover Fanfic I'm writing. Specifically, it's a Devil May Cry Crossover with Rosario + Vampire.

Why Are You Writing This?: Because I haven't managed to find any good DMC Crossover Fanfics that match my criteria:

1. Takes place after DMC 5.
    2. Stars both Dante and Vergil, so that the two of them can actually be brothers for once.
    3. Doesn't Nerf either of them, separate them, or otherwise make them weaker/take them away from each other.
    4. Writes how the two of them fight while taking into account how Stylish they both are in different ways.

So, I figured I might as well do so. And this particular plot bunny has been nibbling on my head for a while now. So, I figured, fuck it. Why not?

What Should We Know Going In?: Here's the list:

1. There will be spoilers for both DMC and Rosario + Vampire in this fanfic. If you don't like that, stay away. Heck, there will be spoilers in this Author's Note. So, stop reading here!

2. I have only read the first part of the Rosario + Vampire Manga series. Up until the part where Tsukune heads home because the school got destroyed. I figured I could get by on just that and only focus on the story up until that point. But...well...then I looked at the Wiki to find the Bus Driver's name. And realized there's a lot more. So, it's gonna take a bit for the next Chapter to get written while I read the second part of the Manga series.

3. I'm not 100% sure how the Rosario + Vampire Cast stack up to Dante and Vergil. But this will be the two of them after the end of DMC 5. And I don't plan to nerf them whatsoever. So, expect them to be breaking faces and canon left and right. If you don't like seeing characters from one fic stomp another fic's characters, or don't like it when canon events are fucked with, you probably don't want to read this fic.

4. THERE WILL BE NO SHIPPING WHATSOEVER! From a personal perspective, I just don't like Shipping in Fanfics. It always feels like it's taking away from the story of the fic and never feels natural to me. From a character perspective, Neither Dante nor Vergil would ever want to get with any of the women of Rosario + Vampire. Dante sees himself as a freak and wouldn't pass his curse off to anyone else, and Vergil experienced what its like to deal with Nero. He's not going through that again. There will also be no specific character shipping of the Rosario + Vampire Characters, cause I don't really care for that stuff. All canon relationships will remain canon.

I believe that's it. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them.

With that outta the way, Lets Get This Party Started!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  2. Hyperionthetitan

Hyperionthetitan Stuck in a tree

I mean if it is lore!Dante and vergil i dont think even full power alucard can stand up to either of them in their base form. They eat eldritch monstrousity like him as an appetizer while waiting for breakfast .

3. Venyr4434

Venyr4434 Well worn.

4. Hyperionthetitan

Motivation or cheating?

5. ThedudeManBro

ThedudeManBro The Dudeliest Man on the block, Bro!

I Don't think you need the tag "no smut" in the weird and confusing lands of SFW Creative Writing kek.

They make the entire world of Rosario their bitch.
    There are many existences out there capable of challenging the Sparda Bros, but they are not even on the neighboring zip codes of Rosario+Vampire.

6. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

AU difference? In canon, he is still alive, if crippled from his injuries (although, his defeat could very well have been retconned into a death)

Outside of Alucard, I don't think there is anything truly on their level, although SS-class monsters are likely realistic threats.

Considering the human condition (social animals) its hard for me to consider shipping unnatural at least as a concept. Considering how competitive Vergil is, I feel like his failure with Nero would push him to attempt to do better with his next kid, but it could go either way.

Watched, happy to see a DMC and a R+V fic :D

Also happy to see this posted in the proper thread.

7. Hyperionthetitan

Nah thats while they are limit by game mechanic . Both of them are basically universal level at this point .if its dante pre awaken then it might be a hard win .But post dmc5 dante and vergil? They dont even need any weapon to bully alucard to death 1 on 1

8. LinkOnScepter

I thought he was dead.

Guess he isn't.

Oh, well. With how much he hasn't been seen since the first game, he might as well be dead.

9. Akuma-Heika

Even universal level, if they get cocky, I still think they can die (and Dante does have his tendencies. :p)

Edit: and I never said SS-class would be at their level, just that they could realistically be threats. Aqua's dimensional blade technique aka turn my hands into Yamatoes comes to mind. Can Dante/Vergil survive decapitations?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    !Renzie0, Venyr4434 and LinkOnScepter like this.
  10. LinkOnScepter

For the record, the reason the next Chapter isn't up is that my job suddenly gave me mandatory overtime in the morning. So I haven't been able to read as much of the manga as I wanted.

11. Threadmarks: Chapter 2: Arriving In A New World
    LinkOnScepter

Youkai Academy.

A high school made for Monsters/Youkai.

Here they go through their years and classes for one specific purpose: To learn how to be human. How to keep their powers hidden, how to act/understand humans, all so that they can eventually live freely in the human world. To ensure they are able to do this without interruption, a barrier was erected around the site over two hundred years ago. This barrier keeps the world hidden from the human world, prevents any human from entering without an invitation, and allows for the Monsters to travel all over the Youkai and human world.

This barrier, created by the Three Dark Lords, has withstood the test of time for years. Thanks to it, Youkai Academy has managed to remain a safe place for Monsters to come and learn how to be human.

It has remained intact for years.

There are few forces in the world that can hope to pierce it.

Which is why, when a large blue rift opened in the air a few miles from Youkai Academy, Nurari, the Nurarihyon Bus Driver of the Academy, immediately made to tell the Headmaster.

One of the Three Dark Lords that sealed away the Shinso Vampire Alucard, Tenmei Mikogami.

And, once the message was relayed, the two immediately made their way to the location of the rift.

"Woo-Hoo!"

Dante yelled as Cavaliere rocketed out of the rift. He pulled at the motorcycle's break lever, the blades under the wheel's screeching as they ate up dry earth. He pulled to the side as it skid to a stop a few feet away from the rift. The moment he stopped, Vergil hopped off the back of the vehicle. The older twin's hair had come undone from the ride. It fell around his face in a mirror of his younger brother's hair style.

"That look suits you better, Verg," Dante said as he dismissed Cavaliere. The weapon dispersed back into Dante's personal arsenal space. There it awaited alongside every other weapon he had accumulated over the years. Waiting to be used once again. He stepped over to his brother, leaning in with a hand on his chin, "Hmm, yeah. You should keep it. We could do that thing where we switch places and see if anybody could tell the difference."

Vergil huffed, one hand going to his forehead. He pushed his hair back and it swiftly returned to its usual, slicked back look. He focused his attention on the rift he had made, watching as the blue energy swirled within. It remained floating in the air, a blue tear in the fabric of reality that lead to a now destroyed Demonic Tree.

Then, moments later, it winked out of existence.

"Good. None followed us," Vergil nodded at the rift's disappearance.

Dante turned to the empty air where the rift used to be, "Hmm, really? Guess that means we really did bring down that overgrown weed. Though I doubt that'll dissuade any demon and devil from trying to mess with the human world."

"If they do, then it is none of our concern. Unless they decide they wish to reckon with the Sons of Sparda," Vergil responded, his voice stoic and cold.

"Maybe it's none of your concern," Dante pointed an accusing finger at Vergil, "But that's cause you're not the one who makes a living off killing demons for people. And after what you did for our first family reunion, business had been booming. Well it was. Until you came back."

Vergil shot a sideways glare at Dante. He opened his mouth, but held his tongue for a moment. He stared his younger brother in the eyes...then turned away before replying, "I see...I...apologize...for that."

Dante's eyes went wide. He shook his head in disbelief.

Then a smug smile came over his face.

He put a hand over his ear and leaned closer to Vergil, "What was that, big brother Verg? I don't think I heard you correctly? Did you just say 'I'm sorry for summoning that tower and the tree, messing up the human world for who knows how long?' Is that what you just said?"

Vergil frowned then turned away from his brother. He bit down the urge to smack Dante with the Yamato and focused on examining their surroundings. He only spoke up after his observations were complete, "Believe what you wish. But I suggest you forget any hypothetical ideas you may have, and instead take a look around us."

"What's that, Vergil?" Dante continued, though he did turn to look in the same direction Vergil was looking, "Are you too embarrassed to admit that your younger brother Dante is right? Well then ju-"

Dante's response died in this throat as he finally got a look at where the rift had dropped them.

When he did, he gave voice to exactly what both he and Vergil were thinking.

"What the hell is this?!"

He opened his arms out to wave at the grim environment they found themselves in. The ground was cracked, dry, and covered in sand. The few bits of vegetation that grew from it were gnarled and black. The trees had no leaves, their top halves had been ripped off, and numerous crows sat upon the intact branches. While the sky above looked normal, they could both see a storm raging in the distance. Alongside a building that was silhouetted against the sky a fair distance away from them.

Dante looked around at their current location. Then he turned towards Vergil. Raising an eyebrow, he asked, "This isn't our world, is it?"

"It likely is not," Vergil answered, his focus on the building in the distance.

Dante groaned. He placed a hand behind his head, "Aaahhh, for...great. Looks like the kid's gonna need to hold down the fort for a bit longer. Gonna make another rift for us to jump through?"

Vergil raised the Legendary Sword Yamato up. He hummed, feeding some of his demonic energy into it. An azure glow began to suffuse the blade for a moment. Then he looked up and around at their surroundings.

He hummed again, "Interesting."

"What? Don't tell me you can't do it? Don't tell me you can't 'concentrate' when we're not being chased by a crumbling weed?"

"It is not that," Vergil stated as he turned towards his brother, "This dimension...I feel that it is rather far from our own."

"Huh?" Dante tilted his head in confusion.

Vergil rolled his eyes, dreading explaining this to his brother. He pinched the bridge of his nose before beginning, "This is merely conjecture on my part, but I believe that there are dimensions other than our own. And the Yamato could open up pathways to them...however, even a blade such as this has a limit. That being distance and the amount of differences between the worlds."

He unsheathed his blade and pointed it towards the east as far as he could. Then he did the same with his scabbard, but pointed it towards the west, "If two dimensions are an extreme distance from each other, then the differences between their worlds will be significant and obvious."

He brought his scabbard and blade together, the end of his scabbard meeting the tip of his blade in front of his chest, "And if they are close together, then the differences will be miniscule and subtle."

"Hold up, let me guess," Dante held up a hand, "The world we're in right now is one that's totally different from the one we know?"

"It is very likely."

"Which means that you can't just create a portal, cause the Yamato's power can't reach that far even if you put your all into it?"

"...As loathe as I am to admit it, yes."

"And if you used Sin Devil Trigger to do it, you're just as likely to overshoot us way beyond home and into a completely different world?"

This time Vergil simply nodded.

Dante's hand met his face. He moved it towards his head while sighing, "Great. So, we're stuck here?"

"Not exactly," Vergil sheathed his blade then turned towards the building in the distance, "There is one way...but as of now it is merely a theory. I will need time to research and investigate certain topics before I can give a definitive answer."

"And how long will that take?"

"That depends on whether that building has a library or not. Let us get moving," Vergil started walking towards the silhouette in the distance.

Dante watched his brother walk off. Then he shrugged and started following behind him. He placed his hands behind his head, moving at an even pace with a grin on his face, "Ah well. Guess that means we get to continue this brotherly reunion of ours for a bit longer. Though, it's too bad you won't get to spend some more time with your son, huh?"

Dante tap a fist on Vergil's shoulder. The older Sparda Brother remained silent but his gaze turned towards the sky. It was surprisingly normal with white clouds rolling along through the air. A frown came over his face as he thought about how he left his son behind. He sighed before shaking his head, "That...that is true."

He went silent after that.

Dante was as well.

Then he clapped his hands together, "But, know what you can do?"

Vergil looked at Dante with a raised eyebrow, "What?"

"Tell me how you met his mother."

Vergil smacked Dante across the face with Yamato.

Dante stumbled back a bit but kept a smug grin on his face. He easily caught up to the Vergil, who was starting to fast walk down the path they had chosen.

"Ah, come on, Vergil!" he said while moving from one side of Vergil to the next with is arms out wide, "Gotta give your little brother the dirty details? What kind of woman was it that managed to catch the eye of my ever aloof older brother?"

"As I said, that was a long time ago," Vergil sped up, his grip on the Yamato tightening as he walked faster, "That is all you need to know."

"Like hell it is! I ain't gonna pass up the chance to learn the type of woman that my brother likes?" Dante stated proudly, "Now spill it, what was she like?"

"Be quiet!" Vergil slashed out towards Dante.

Dante ducked under the swing and appeared on Vergil's left, "On a scale of one to ten, how pretty was she?"

Another slash, this one Dante jumped over. He flipped onto Vergil's right and turned around. He pointed twin finger guns at Vergil as he spoke, "Was she the fiery type? The quiet type?"

Another slash.

Dante slid around to Vergil's front, "Was she a brunette? You seem like the type of guy to like brunettes."

Vergil scowled and put his hand on his sheathed sword. He fed demonic energy into the blade, its sheathe sparking with a bright blue as he spoke, "Be silent!"

His strike moved faster than the eye could see. A bubble of distorted space appeared where Dante stood. From within multiple slashes appeared, all moving faster than sound as they made to rip their target apart.

Dante's body glowed red before he "Tricked" out of his brother's Judgment Cut. The attack tore up the ground, creating multiple large slashes in the dirt road. Dante landed with a small hop. He chuckled at his brother, "Ah, come on, Vergil. Can't you tell I'm just having a little fun?"

"Your 'fun' is annoying. And distracting. We have company," Vergil stood up while dusting some dirt off his shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. They've been watching us for a while. Figured we'd give them a bit of a show," Dante shrugged before turning around. He brought a hand to his mouth and spoke, "Come on out! If you don't, my brother here's gonna get mad. And then he'll do that to you too."

He jerked a thumb at the lines that had been carved into the ground. A few moments later, a thick mist surrounded the Sparda Brothers. From within it stepped two humanoid figures.

One was a skinny male wearing a dark blue bus driver outfit. The upper part of his face was hidden beneath the lip of his hat. The only visible parts were his glowing yellow eyes. His mouth seemed to be fixed into a permanent smile while a cigar hung smoking between his lips.

The other was a man in a full priest habit. A rosary hung from around his neck, with the rest of his defining features hidden by his outfit. His eyes glowed the same yellow as the first man's, with only his smiling mouth being shown to the world.

The two walked side by side, stopping a few feet away from the Sons of Sparda. Vergil moved up to be side by side with Dante. Both sides stared each other down for a few moments. Dante was the one to break the silence.

He put a foot forward and gave the two stranger's a cocky grin, "Hey there! Don't suppose either of you know where the nearest bus stop is? We're a bit lost and could use some directions."

"Lost you say? That's strange. The barrier should prevent people from getting 'lost' around here," the white robed man said, his voice both old yet mischievous.

"Ah, well that's just the thing. We have a knack for getting into places that we really shouldn't. Ain't that right, Vergil?" Dante glanced at his brother.

Vergil took a step forward, one hand lifting his blade up, "We are not here to play around, demons. If your goal is to take our lives, then reveal yourselves and let us begin."

There was silence between the four for a moment.

Then Dante placed a hand on Vergil's outstretched arm. He pushed it down while shaking his head, "Now, now, big brother. We don't start pointing our weapons at everyone just cause they're demons. If they don't attack us first."

He turned back to the newcomers, ignoring the glare Vergil sent his way, "Forgive my brother. He's a bit trigger happy. Now, about those directions."

The two men looked at each other. The white robed one waved a hand towards the twins, "They know what we are?"

"Indeed. Yet...I can't tell what they are," the bus driver said, pulling his cigar from his mouth. He stared at the brothers and hummed, "They look human. Smell human too. But...there's something else there. Something about them that's different. Different from any Youkai I've seen."

"That's surprising coming from you."

"Well, as old as I am, I haven't seen everything yet."

Both men shared a wistful and knowing chuckle. Then the white robed one stepped forward, "While I am not sure how you know what I am, I can tell that the both of you are powerful. And, believe me, the last thing I wish is for this meeting to come to blows. Thus, I have a suggestion."

He turned and pointed towards the building in the distance, "That is Youkai Academy. A school for Youkai and Monsters to learn how to live in the human world. If you are heading in that direction, then my associate and I can lead you to it. He happens to be the bus driver for the Academy."

"It is a pleasure to meet you both," the bus driver said with a short bow.

Dante stepped away from his brother. He placed a hand on his chin in thought, "Hmm, sounds like a good deal Yellow Eyes. But I need to consult with my brother before making a decision. What do you think, Vergil?"

Vergil frowned at his brother. Then he glanced sidelong at the two strange men. He gripped the Yamato for a moment...then he let it disappear into his own storage.

"Fine," he said, turning to face the two men, "We will accept your offer. However, know that any hint of subterfuge will cost you your lives."

Dante shrugged at the two men, "Best you're gonna get outta him guys. Lead the way!"

Dante pointed towards the Academy. The two men turned and started to walk into the mist. Dante and Vergil made to follow them.

And thus did the Sons of Sparda arrive at Youkai Academy.

And thus would their presence would change this world's fate forevermore.

So, due to what others have said, I will fully explain exactly what I meant by the Shipping statement. Neither Dante nor Vergil will be shipped with ANYONE. They will remain single throughout the whole story. Granted, other Characters (Non-Canon/OC/Canon) may gain an interest in them. But it will never be reciprocated, nor will it ever go beyond a crush.

As for Tsukune and his Harem, they will still exist. Tsukune will have his Harem. I'm not changing that. Mainly cause I hate stories where one of the major plot points is ruining/changing canon relationships. Especially with crossover characters that are presented as "better" than the canon one. However, I will not be planning to "push" Tsukune towards a specific girl. None of his Harem are getting any special treatment from me. So, any and all lovey-dovey focused stuff between Tsukune and his Harem will remain mostly the same as canon.

Now the actual relationships between Tsukune and his Harem...that's probably gonna change. Cause Dante and Vergil's presence, while it won't be there all the time, it will certainly effect Tsukune and his Harem. Changing who they are as people. That much I can say for certain.

12. dbray98

dbray98 Versed in the lewd.

tsukune really doesn't have a harem, the only one he was interested in was moka, he basically threw them away to get with her, he never kissed them or anything, like i'm pretty sure yukari got with the yakuza prince demon guy, and i think kurumu and mizore got together, since succubus die without love or something, since i know they took each others first kiss, hell tsukune was only interested in pink moka, the fake personality or akasha, and was mostly scared or nervous around true moka

xizsec01, AsuraEND, !Renzie0 and 4 others like this.
  13. LinkOnScepter

Meh. I haven't gotten to the end of the Manga yet. So, I'll hold off on total judgement.

And, even if that is true, this starts before Tsukune even shows up to the school. So, who knows? Things may change.

14. Akuma-Heika

IIRC, true Moka is against a harem due to how her family turned out due to her father taking mistresses (most, if not all, of the shit that happens in canon is due to that actually). This might be fanon though (her being against a harem, not that her father getting a harem fucked everything up, by screwing up his relationship with his wife and their kids, that is definitely canon)

15. ThedudeManBro

I mean, unless Vergil feels like splitting the fake from the true Moka, or Dante just decides to become A Groundskeeper or do an escort mission for the only human to pop up in Youkai Academy, Tsukune will still get trampled by faker Moka and their relationship will still bloom, if probably slower with the Bros in school and actually Disciplining the Monster Madness inside it.

Still, it makes perfect sense they don't end up dating anyone. Dante's true love will always be the Family Size pizza pie, and Virgil probably just doesn't give enough of a fuck for most of the adult cast to break his Virgilness.

But yea Tsukune never had an Harem, he was just the stock fake!harem anime protag and collected girls during his train ride to First Girl Village... It's actually really sad that he's scared of the True Moka and just loves her Jail, modeled after her mother...

xizsec01, !Renzie0 and LinkOnScepter like this.
  16. UltimateGrr

UltimateGrr I trust you know where the happy button is?

Vergil has plenty of PTSD from his time as Nelo Angelo, so he'd probably split the Mokas

Assuming he doesn't flat out destroy the rosario when he discovers what it does.

17. ThedudeManBro

Right shit he'd go ballistic on Mikogami if he finds out about that Virgil-button touching subject won't he?

... Wonder if the school will need to close for repairs after Virgil's... Civil Discourse with Mikogami ft. Dante trying to stop him from breaking the dimension...

18. LinkOnScepter

For the record, I am working on the next Chapter. But work is making me do overtime, and I've only just now started getting myself to write some it.

RazielofSecrets likes this.
  19. Threadmarks: Chapter 3: New Jobs
    LinkOnScepter

"Pretty nice digs here, Gramps," Dante said while putting his feet up on the altar the Headmaster used as a desk. He leaned back in his chair, lifting its front legs off the ground a bit as he did. He looked around at the room they were in, whistling at the extremely bare room, "Cozy. Really gives off the 'Old Demon Pretending To Be Human' vibe."

To his left Vergil sat in his own chair, glaring at Dante's poor posture. He sat with his back straight and the Yamato laid across his lap. He kept the Headmaster in his peripheral vision but did not speak to the man. Only glared at him with his cold, gray eyes.

The Headmaster chuckled, shining eyes focused on Dante. He placed his elbows on the altar and put his hands together, "Well, what can I say? I like to look and play the part. And it helps keep the students on their toes. Mysterious and enigmatic Headmasters are all the rage nowadays."

Dante raised an eyebrow, "That why you got all those seals wrapped around your chest?"

Mikogami's smile faltered for a split second. Anyone else wouldn't have noticed the change. But Dante did, and he smiled at catching the old Demon Lord off guard. He snapped his fingers, "Knew it. Don't worry though. I won't tell a soul that doesn't already know."

"You're...certainly perceptive," Mikogami quickly regained his composure. He turned his attention to Vergil, "Can I assume your brother is aware of my...precautions as well?"

Vergil merely nodded in response.

Dante jerked a thumb in his direction, "Don't mind him. Vergil's got a perpetual stick up his ass when it comes other people. Which means it's down to me to be sociable one."

"I'll have you know I am perfectly capable of interacting with others," was Vergil's indignant response, "I simply don't see a reason to engage in inane pleasantries, and prefer only speaking of the primary subject at hand."

"And that's how you got the Kid's mom in bed then? Walked on up to her and skipped to the 'primary subject'," Dante made air quotes with his hands. Vergil's response was to take a swipe at Dante with his sheathed sword. Dante kicked off the altar and let his chair lean back until it was almost touching the floor, which let the Yamato soar harmlessly over his head. He used his leverage to push himself back to a sitting position, acting as if his brother trying to hit him was a regular occurrence.

Mikogami stared at the twins, surprised at their seeming readiness to hurt each other. Then he started to chuckle, "Hmm, you two are more energetic than your seeming age would suggest."

"Just cause you're pushing fifty doesn't mean you can't still enjoy your life. Though we have to thank our old man for the reason we still look good," Dante rubbed at his chin, rustling the stubble on his face.

"Oh," Mikogami became genuinely curious at the mention of the boys' father. He leaned forward in his chair, "Would either you mind me asking who your father was then?"

"The Legendary Dark Knight Sparda," Vergil answered immediately. He watched Mikogami's expression with a critical eye, waiting to see the Demon's reaction.

Mikogami tilted his head to the right, "Am I supposed to know who that is?"

The Sons of Sparda groaned at the same time.

"Welp, looks like you were right, Vergil," Dante nodded his head with a sad grin on his face.

"I anticipated as much. This is simply confirmation," Vergil shook his head, eyes narrowing as his mind began to race, "I will need to adjust my original plans then."

"Excuse me," Mikogami raised a hand, "but it is rather rude to have your own conversation while speaking to someone else. Who is this Sparda, exactly?"

Dante raised a finger, taking his feet off the altar. He put them on the floor while leaning forward until his arm was on the altar, "Before that, how about we get some of our own questions answered, Gramps? Communication is a two way street and all that."

Mikogami hummed in thought before nodding, "I suppose. But might I ask one thing that has been bothering me since we met? How did you two get here? As I said before, there is a Barrier around the Academy that stops regular humans from getting in without an invitation. I can tell you two aren't exactly 'normal humans'. But if you had used any of the tunnels to the rest of the Yokai World, I would've been the first to know."

Dante and Vergil shared a look. The younger Sparda waved a hand at the Headmaster, "Ball's in your court, Verg. This stuff is more your department."

Vergil narrowed his eyes. He looked the Headmaster up and down, frown deepening as he observed the old Yokai. Then he spoke, "I will tell you...on one condition."

"That might depend on the condition itself," Mikogami replied.

"Does this Academy of yours have a library?"

"Indeed it does."

"How extensive?"

"The one open to students has everything they could need to pass their classes, as well as learn about the human world and how it works."

"And is there one not open to students?"

Mikogami's smile seemed to widen, "Of course. My own personal collection."

"Then my condition is as such; Allow me full access to both what is open to students and your collection for my own usage. Only then will I tell you how we managed to arrive here."

Mikogami blinked twice. He kept staring at Vergil, expecting the man to say he was joking.

Vergil did no such thing.

He turned back to Dante, "You were correct. His conversation skills do need work."

"Have to deal with that everyday," Dante chuckled while waving a hand at Vergil, "Though he has mellowed a bit. Usually, he'd tell you to give him what he wants or die. This time it's just 'Give me what I want or else I won't tell you what you want to know.'"

Dante tried his best to imitate Vergil's expression. Mikogami had to admit it was a very good imitation. Though he mainly chalked that up to fact that the two were brothers. He leaned back in his own chair, humming in thought. Then he looked towards Vergil, "I believe I can arrange to give you what you wish for, Vergil Sparda. But I request we save that until the end of our conversation. In return, the two of you may ask me as much as you'd like. What do you say?"

Vergil huffed but nodded, "Fine. I will hold you to that, Demon."

Dante jerked his thumb at Vergil, "What my brother said. So, to start with, you keep saying that this Yokai place is separated from the human world. How separated we talking here?"

"There is a tunnel that will take any who ride the Bus Driver's bus to the human world whenever they wish," Mikogami explained.

"So we can just hop on Smokey's whip and we'd be able to get to the human world? Sweet," Dante nodded with a cocky grin.

"What human nation is this Academy of yours closest too?" Vergil asked, though he believed he already had the answer.

"The island nation of Japan."

Vergil hummed, "I anticipated as much."

"Oh?"

"Yokai is an eastern term for all manner of supernatural creatures. They use it for monsters, demons, etc. etc. In addition, based on its silhouette, your Academy is based on Japanese High Schools."

Dante whistled at his brother, "Look at you, Verg. Being all cultured. When did you find the time to learn all that, huh?"

"Unlike you, I was not content to simply remain in one place, Dante. I traveled the world and focused on learning more about the culture my weapon is based on," Vergil straightened his posture while placing both hands on Yamato's scabbard.

Dante's eyes widened. He pointed at Vergil's face, "Hey, hey, hey! Is that...is that a smug grin? Is my oh so serious, big brother Verg actually feeling smug?!"

Vergil turned away from Dante, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"You totally are!" Dante voice held more elation than annoyance, "The Kid really did beat some actual emotions into you!"

Mikogami began to laugh. It was a heartfelt and wistful one as he beheld the two. He was suddenly reminded of when he was younger. When he and two dear friends went off to face a powerful adversary. Those were the days.

"Well," his voice shook the twins from their spat, "any other questions from the two of you?"

Dante moved his outstretched hand to his chin, "Hmm...can't really think of any. Outside of some that you've already answered by letting us in here."

"The only question I have is whether you will fulfill my condition," Vergil stated.

"Then we have come to the all important part of our conversation; What happens now?" Mikogami placed his hands together as he observed the brothers. He smiled as he spoke, "After speaking with the two of you, I can tell you are at least not threats to this Academy. Thus, should you wish to leave, I will not stop you. Merely say the word and I can have Nurai drop you off in the human world. Free of charge."

"Rather generous of you, Gramps. And while I can say I'm a pretty nice dude, mind me asking what makes you think we're both stand up people?" Dante pointed at himself then Vergil.

"Truthfully? You even bothered coming to this meeting. While I don't know exactly who or what you are, I remember seeing that little display from when we first met. The one that left those large sword slashes in the ground," Mikogami's voice shifted to a serious tone, "Anyone who can do that is without a doubt powerful. Yet, rather than come here and begin making demands of me, you bothered to entertain my request for a meeting, Even going so far as to answer most of my questions while expecting little in return."

"Rather naive of you," Vergil said bluntly.

Mikogami shook his head, "Perhaps. But I like to think I'm a good judge of character. And you have done little to make me think otherwise so far."

Dante hummed, "Guessing you're gonna offer us something other than sending us to the human world then? Considering you didn't just tell us to pack our stuff and go kick rocks."

Mikogami nodded, "Indeed. If what you and your brother have said is any indication, you both have some experience with living alongside humans. You also look and smell similar to humans. Truth be told, I would've mistaken you for humans if Nurai had not told me you weren't precisely that."

He leaned forward with his still pressed together, "Taking into consideration the dangerous nature of our job, we could always use more staff to help us teach and handle the students. Thus, I offer you both this: You join our staff and become apart of Yokai Academy. In return, you will receive a fair wage and full benefits. Including full access to the Student Library and books from my own personal collection. You will also be able to go to and from the human world at your leisure."

He held both his hands out to Dante and Vergil, "So? What do you think?"

Dante narrowed his eyes. He began considering the idea.

On the one hand, everything Gramps had said pretty much confirmed they weren't in their world anymore. Add to that the fact that the guy is a demon and doesn't know who his dear old man is, and he doubted that The Devil May Cry Service even existed here. Meaning he'd need to find a new job to make sure he wasn't out on the streets. While he may (according to Nero) look like a "dirty hobo dad" he certainly didn't want to live like one. And here this guy was willing to give him a Full Time Job just for watching over some teenagers.

On the other, he had just gotten done with that whole Redgrave business and getting his brother back. The last thing on his mind was watching over a bunch of hormonal high school kids. And that was without getting into the fact that they were all monsters. The things he was an expert at killing. Would probably lead to a lot of awkward water cooler conversations if anybody ever found that out.

He looked over at his brother who's face had returned to its normal state of indifference. He opened his mouth, preparing to ask Vergil what he thought.

"I request the position of Patron Librarian."

His words died on his lips.

Dante's mouth hung open as he stared at his brother in awe. Seeing his brother's astonishment (and taking no small amount of pleasure from it), Vergil raised an eyebrow, "Is there a problem, brother?"

"Uh...I guess not," Dante scratched the back of his neck, "Just didn't see you as the teaching type, Verg."

"There is much you do not know about me. And much I do not know about you. Hopefully, we can rectify that. Now, will you accept the demon's deal?"

Dante turned back to Mikogami. The demon had the same smile on his face. Dante pursed his lips, making a show of rolling the proposal around in his head. Then he stared the Headmaster straight in the eyes, "Do you have pizza or Strawberry Sundays here? If not, can I order as much as I want if I say yes?"

"...I will see what I can do."

Dante snapped his fingers, "Good enough! You got yourself a deal, Gramps! Where do I sign?"

Mikogami clapped, "Give me a moment. I will go get the paperwork."

He stood up from his seat and walked out the room. When the door behind him closed, Dante got up from his seat. He started walking around the room, nonchalantly looking for any sign of listening devices of mundane or magical nature. When he found none he turned to Vergil, "So, why'd you say yes? No offense, but the last few times you interacted with a teenager was your son. The first time you ripped his arm off, and the second time he beat your ass."

Vergil huffed, turning in his seat to look at Dante, "The knowledge I require will not be found in the human world. Such techniques and power will only be found within the tomes of supernatural creatures. Only through their arts will I be able to find a way to return us to our world. This is the easiest way to go about it without shedding unnecessary amounts of blood."

"Unnecessary amounts of blood?" Dante smiled at his brother, "You really have changed."

Vergil turned away from Dante, "Believe what you will. I am simply trying an...alternative method for now. If it proves fruitless, I will not hesitate to take what I need by force."

"Ah. Then I guess I should help to ensure you find what you need. Wouldn't do to have another brotherly spat while we're supposed to be protecting teens now would it?"

"No, I suppose not."

Both brother's nodded to each other.

Dante walked back to his seat and sat down. He placed his hands behind his head and yawned, "Huuuuh. Wonder what job I'll get? Hope it's something easy. Like Janitor or something. Anything that makes it so I don't have to spend too much time around the students."

"You could become my Assistant Librarian," Vergil offered.

"Hard pass. I ain't gonna be stuck in no dusty old Library getting bored all day long."

Vergil scoffed, "Your lack of enthusiasm for the literary arts is one of the main reasons your skills degraded during our first bout."

Dante waved his brother off, "Whatever you say, guy who kept a poetry book from when we were kids in his pocket for decades."

Before the two could continue their bickering, Mikogami returned to the room. In his hands were two bundles of blank papers and pens. He walked back to the altar and placed them both in front of the Sparda brothers. Dante picked his pen up and sped through the documents, while Vergil carefully read each and every piece of paper.

"And there we are," Dante said as he signed off on the paper. He grinned as he looked back at the employment forms, "All filled out. Dante is officially a....Teacher's Assistant!?"

The very next moment, Mikogami took the documents from Dante's hand. The younger Sparda was paralyzed, face ashen as he realized what he just signed off on.

This time, Vergil didn't bother hiding the smug grin on his face.

20. Orkiod Inquisitor

Orkiod Inquisitor Proud Member of the Ordo Xenos

No one in their right mind would leave impressionable teenagers in the care of you alone, Dante.

21. eveakane

eveakane I'm definitely a Hooman

Inb4 the RxV MC becomes a member of Devil May Cry. Can't remember his name.

22. LinkOnScepter

Tsukune Aono.

RazielofSecrets likes this.
  23. UltimateGrr

UltimateGrr I trust you know where the happy button is?

Dante is going to put Tsukune through the Lady School of Badassery isn't he?

The first lesson will be how to headshot demons with akimbo. 45s while back flipping off a motorcycle.

All while blissfully ignoring that Tsukune doesn't know how to work a gun, drive a motorcycle, or do a backflip.

xizsec01, Plyen, Arghonn and 7 others like this.
  24. eveakane

eveakane I'm definitely a Hooman

Anyone can technically back flip, if they're not worried about potentially breaking their neck.

Bagrat, xizsec01, shashenka and 3 others like this.
  25. Savanna

Savanna Versed in the lewd.

Vergil as a librarian lol it strangely suits him

26. Extras: Chapter 4.1
    LinkOnScepter

Shizuka Nekonome was sitting at her teacher's desk in her first year class room. She was leaning back in her seat, a piece of raw fish she had gotten from the human world in her mouth. People who didn't know the Nekomusume would believe that she had no care in the world. That she was simply waiting for the first year students to come in and start their journey through high school.

Anyone who knew her, however, could tell that she was extremely nervous.

"Nyaa~," she whined over her early morning meal. Usually, she wouldn't be eating such a delicacy this early in the day. But she needed some way to calm her nerves after what the Headmaster told her today. And it was sitting right there in her lunchbox!

Her ears, the same blonde color as her hair, drooped as she swallowed a piece of her meal down. When she had arrived at Yokai Academy, she thought it would be a simple year. She'd come in, say high to the shining faces of her new first years, and get started on teaching them about the wonders of the human world. Instead, she was called to the Headmaster's Office the moment she arrived. There he told her that there was a new Patron Librarian, and that she had a new Teaching Assistant effective today, and that she would be in charge of showing them the ropes!

Not that she minded doing that.

But why did he have to drop it on her right when the school year started? If she was going to have an Assistant, then wouldn't it have been better to tell her before the students showed up? So she could give them a tour of the Academy and help ease them into things?

She shook her head while putting the half-eaten fish back in her lunch box. She wanted to keep at least some of it for later. Her tail hung low behind her, the white tip almost touching the floor below. Her eyes remained closed yet she could still see the empty seats in front of her. Seats that would soon be full of young Yokai all waiting to experience the best years of their lives. Students that she would be able to guide towards a brighter future...alongside a total stranger that she hadn't even met yet.

Uncertainty began to enter her mind. It wasn't that she doubted the Headmaster's decision. She had been here at long as Nurai, so she trusted Mikogami to know what he was doing. But there was always the small chance that he had made a mistake. What if they turned out to be a bad influence on the students? What if they was actually a delinquent who would extort the students while she wasn't looking? What if they were older than her and-

Shizuka shook her head, lightly slapping her cheeks to get her thoughts in order. No! No! Bad Shizuka! Don't think that way about your new Assistant. You need to be confident and ready to show them the ropes. Just like any good senpai! In fact, she shouldn't be sitting around waiting for them. They're probably wandering around the school in a total daze with no idea where to go! She should be finding them and giving them a warm welcome to Yokai Academy!

"Right!" she stood up from her chair, pumping her fists as a determined glint entered her eyes. She walked over to the door, back straight and tail flailing behind her. She placed a hand on the handle and said out loud, "Don't worry, my new Assistant! Your reliable senpai is on the wa-Nyaa!~"

Shizuka ran into something the moment she tried to walk out the door. She wasn't sure what it was, but it felt as solid as a brick wall! She stumbled back, tripping over her own feet as she went. A frightened "Eeek!" left her mouth as she started falling backwards...only to be saved by a hand on her back.

"Woah there, Kitty Cat," the man Shizuka had run into said with a smile, "What's the rush? I'm right here. Bright and early for our important lesson."

Shizuka was speechless as she stared up at the man's face. He was clearly older than her, but he wore his age well. He had a "Cool Older Uncle" look that the few wrinkles on his face enhanced. He was clean shaven, with only a hint of stubble on his chin. His silver hair fell around his face in an uncontrolled mess, but that only seemed to make him look cooler. A red coat over a black shirt with matching pants seemed to flutter in an invisible breeze. His teeth were pearl white with no a speck of yellow on them, and his breath smelled minty fresh.

He looked down at her with sharp gray eyes.

When she met his gaze she felt her cheeks heat up.

Then she started to flail around in a panic, "Waah! Waah! Uh, um, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to...I-I-I mean I was looking for....I-I-I mean...uh."

She covered her face in embarrassment, ears flicking back and forth atop her head. The man simply chuckled and helped her get to her feet. He patted her on the head, easy considering he was a head taller than her. Then he shrugged, "Don't sweat it. Can't exactly blame ya for not expecting me. From what Gramps told me, you ain't exactly had a Teacher's Assistant before."

"Teacher's Assi...oh yes!" Shizuka started to rush passed the man, "I need to find my new Assistant before class starts! I need to make sure they meet the students!"

The man held out a hand, stopping her in her tracks. She looked up at him in confusion, but he merely smiled, "No need to do that, Kitty Cat. You're looking your new Assistant dead in the eye."

"Wh-Wh-What?"

The man's grin widened. Then he spun around on the spot, seeming to pull a rose in full bloom from thin air. He bowed while holding it out to Shizuka, "Hello there, Ms. Nekonome. The name's Dante. I'll be your Assistant from this day forth. For you."

Shizuka took the rose in a daze. Without a word she brought it to her nose and took a sniff. Her eyes widened at the very real scent that hit her nose. She looked at Dante, expression one of shock, surprise, and curiosity.

This man was her new Assistant?

...Well...he certainly would influence the students.

But she didn't think that would be a bad thing.

As you can tell, this isn't the full Chapter. It's just a Sub-Chapter that I wanted to add before going to bed. Hope you all enjoy it. When the full Chapter is ready, I'll post it as a Threadmark and add a Title.

Also, no, no shipping here.

Dante is just that good.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    G. Tony, xizsec01, AsuraEND and 27 others like this.
  27. ThedudeManBro

Like I said.

"Dante don't get hard, unless you are a Family sized Super Meat Lovers Deluxe. With stuffed crust"

28. Akuma-Heika

Missed this somehow, my bad. The lines in the end credits of DMC1 implies Mundus is still alive, and that he will be able to recover just as he did when Sparda beat him...but it will likely take many centuries/millennia to do so (also like what happened when Sparda beat him :p)

If stuck to, he effectively will only be able to act as a puppet master, but not directly aka, likely won't be featured in a DMC game that is within a human lifespan of DMC1's ending.

29. Threadmarks: Chapter 4: The New Hires
    LinkOnScepter

Shizuka Nekonome was sitting at her teacher's desk in her first year class room. She was leaning back in her seat, a piece of raw fish she had gotten from the human world in her mouth. People who didn't know the Nekomusume would believe that she had no care in the world. That she was simply waiting for the first year students to come in and start their journey through high school.

Anyone who knew her, however, could tell that she was extremely nervous.

"Nyaa~," she whined over her early morning meal. Usually, she wouldn't be eating such a delicacy this early in the day. But she needed some way to calm her nerves after what the Headmaster told her today. And it was sitting right there in her lunchbox!

Her ears, the same blonde color as her hair, drooped as she swallowed a piece of her meal down. When she had arrived at Yokai Academy, she thought it would be a simple year. She'd come in, say high to the shining faces of her new first years, and get started on teaching them about the wonders of the human world. Instead, she was called to the Headmaster's Office the moment she arrived. There he told her that there was a new Patron Librarian, and that she had a new Teaching Assistant effective today, and that she would be in charge of showing them the ropes!

Not that she minded doing that.

But why did he have to drop it on her right when the school year started? If she was going to have an Assistant, then wouldn't it have been better to tell her before the students showed up? So she could give them a tour of the Academy and help ease them into things?

She shook her head while putting the half-eaten fish back in her lunch box. She wanted to keep at least some of it for later. Her tail hung low behind her, the white tip almost touching the floor below. Her eyes remained closed yet she could still see the empty seats in front of her. Seats that would soon be full of young Yokai all waiting to experience the best years of their lives. Students that she would be able to guide towards a brighter future...alongside a total stranger that she hadn't even met yet.

Uncertainty began to enter her mind. It wasn't that she doubted the Headmaster's decision. She had been here at long as Nurai, so she trusted Mikogami to know what he was doing. But there was always the small chance that he had made a mistake. What if they turned out to be a bad influence on the students? What if they was actually a delinquent who would extort the students while she wasn't looking? What if they were older than her and-

Shizuka shook her head, lightly slapping her cheeks to get her thoughts in order. No! No! Bad Shizuka! Don't think that way about your new Assistant. You need to be confident and ready to show them the ropes. Just like any good senpai! In fact, she shouldn't be sitting around waiting for them. They're probably wandering around the school in a total daze with no idea where to go! She should be finding them and giving them a warm welcome to Yokai Academy!

"Right!" she stood up from her chair, pumping her fists as a determined glint entered her eyes. She walked over to the door, back straight and tail flailing behind her. She placed a hand on the handle and said out loud, "Don't worry, my new Assistant! Your reliable senpai is on the wa-Nyaa!~"

Shizuka ran into something the moment she tried to walk out the door. She wasn't sure what it was, but it felt as solid as a brick wall! She stumbled back, tripping over her own feet as she went. A frightened "Eeek!" left her mouth as she started falling backwards...only to be saved by a hand on her back.

"Woah there, Kitty Cat," the man Shizuka had run into said with a smile, "What's the rush? I'm right here. Bright and early for our important lesson."

Shizuka was speechless as she stared up at the man's face. He was clearly older than her, but he wore his age well. He had a "Cool Older Uncle" look that the few wrinkles on his face enhanced. He was clean shaven, with only a hint of stubble on his chin. His silver hair fell around his face in an uncontrolled mess, but that only seemed to make him look cooler. A red coat over a black shirt with matching pants seemed to flutter in an invisible breeze. His teeth were pearl white with no a speck of yellow on them, and his breath smelled minty fresh.

He looked down at her with sharp gray eyes.

When she met his gaze she felt her cheeks heat up.

Then she started to flail around in a panic, "Waah! Waah! Uh, um, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to...I-I-I mean I was looking for....I-I-I mean...uh."

She covered her face in embarrassment, ears flicking back and forth atop her head. The man simply chuckled and helped her get to her feet. He patted her on the head, easy considering he was a head taller than her. Then he shrugged, "Don't sweat it. Can't exactly blame ya for not expecting me. From what Gramps told me, you ain't exactly had a Teacher's Assistant before."

"Teacher's Assi...oh yes!" Shizuka started to rush passed the man, "I need to find my new Assistant before class starts! I need to make sure they meet the students!"

The man held out a hand, stopping her in her tracks. She looked up at him in confusion, but he merely smiled, "No need to do that, Kitty Cat. You're looking your new Assistant dead in the eye."

"Wh-Wh-What?"

The man's grin widened. Then her spun around on the stop, seeming to pull a rose in full bloom from thin air. He bowed while holding it out to Shizuka, "Hello there, Ms. Nekonome. The name's Dante. I'll be your Assistant from this day forth. For you."

Shizuka took the rose in a daze. Without a word she brought it to her nose and took a sniff. Her eyes widened at the very real scent that hit her nose. She looked at Dante, expression one of shock, surprise, and curiosity.

This man was her new Assistant?

...Well...he certainly would influence the students.

But she didn't think that would be a bad thing.

Ririko Kagome walked down the hallway with a smile on her face. All around her, the new first years were moving through the halls. Their faces were covered in bright smiles, their heads were held high, and they all were looking forward to their new year at Yokai Academy. She could feel a mixture of feelings welling up within her heart as she beheld the coming student body.

The first was pride at seeing so many new faces, all willing and able to learn from their teachers this year.

The second was anticipation.

Which only grew whenever she felt the eyes of the first year boys on her body. She could already tell she'd be having no shortage of students to tutor this year. So many young minds to give knowledge to. She was certain that she would be getting many offers to come to her private lessons this year. After all, the students' education came before everything else.

And she was certain they would agree with her after a few sessions.

She smiled, pushing her dark auburn hair out with one hand and sending quite a few boys swooning over the motion. Her dark pencil thin skirt complimented the white v-neck shirt she wore. She adjusted her circular glasses, eyes locking onto her destination for the day: The Library.

She still had sometime before her own classes began. And she would use that time to look into something that had piqued her interest. The Headmaster had been telling the teachers that two new monsters had joined their team. Two new Staff Members? Just when the new year was about to start? They must've had impressive credentials to be able to pull that off. She had hoped to speak to at least one of them to confirm that fact for herself.

One was a Teacher's Assistant who would be with Shizuka's class right now She didn't wish to interrupt the Nekomusume's lessons and stop the students from learning. That would go against her purpose as a teacher. She would just wait until the Assistant was assigned to her class for the day.

So, that left her with the other one. The one assigned to be the Patron Librarian in the Student Library. She would be lying if she said she wasn't looking forward to this a little bit. The air of mystery surrounding the two strangers had managed to piqued her curiosity. And the perfect way to satisfy it was getting closer to her.

She opened the door to the library, letting a first year boy who was leaving pass her by. His eyes remained on her for a few moments before he left with blood leaking from his nose. She grinned after him, committing his face to memory for later. Then she stepped into the library.

The first thing she noticed was how quiet it was. She was in a library, yes, but it was a library filled with high schoolers. First year high schoolers who are likely just turning sixteen. They're some of the most hormonal and rambunctious people in both the human and Yokai worlds. Even if a library is supposed to be quiet, it always had a little bit of noise going on in the background. Either because students naturally wanted to socialize, or troublemakers were getting to know other troublemakers for delinquency reasons.

But this library?

It was completely silent.

She swore she could hear a mouse squeak with how quiet it was. Slight surprise came over her face as she walked into the room. She saw a few first years sitting at desk and reading through books of all kinds. Boys and girls alike had their heads down with their mouths firmly shut. Any other time, she would be feeling ecstatic at seeing so many children choosing to get a head start on their learning.

But this...felt strange. Something about the atmosphere in the room was wrong. This didn't feel like students trying to get a head start on their education. It felt more like...fear. And when she thought of it like that, she started to notice more signs to prove that hypothesis.

Sweat dripping down one young man's brow as he read through a math book.

A girl walking as slowly and silently as possible, her eyes focused straight ahead with a small blush on her face.

Even a young man who hardly fit into the chair he was sitting in, was diligently reading through a Novel without making any noise.

What was going on here? Why were-

"Can I assist you?"

Ririko nearly jumped at the unfamiliar voice. She had been so caught up in her musings, that she hadn't noticed where her steps were taking her. She ended up walking all the way to the Patron Librarian's desk where a-

She suddenly found herself at a loss for words.

The man sitting behind the desk was clearly an older gentleman. In his early fifties at least from what she could see. His silver hair was slicked back in a style that drew the eye to his face. Chiseled, clean shaven features surrounded sharp gray eyes that were focused on a slender book held in one hand. His dark blue coat had white tassels on each sleeve, and covered up a type of shirt she hadn't seen before. It was made of multiple light blue sections that seemed to clip together. Below that were black pants and suede shoes that completed the man's elegant look.

Ririko felt her cheeks heat up and heart start beating faster. She suddenly was more conscious of what she was wearing and how she looked. Had she remembered to put her perfume on this morning? She was wearing the right clothes, right? Was it always this hot in the-

"If you do not require assistance," his chilling, stoic tone brought her out of her musings. He spoke without taking his eyes off the book, "then either leave the Library, or find a book to read. This is no place for loitering."

Ririko blinked once. Then she frowned at the stranger. She crossed her arms under her chest as she spoke, "I could understand taking that tone with a student, sir. But I am Ririko Kagome. I teach the first years' mathematics classes."

"Ah, you are one of my colleagues then? Well met. I am Vergil, the Patron Librarian," the man tilted his head towards Ririko. His eyes were still on his book as the spoke, "And I will have you know that my rules apply to both students and teachers. If you are not in the library for an explicit reason, then I bid you to leave."

Ririko's frown remained. She leaned forward, very much aware of how the man could look down her shirt if he wanted. A false smile was followed by a flirty tone as she spoke, "And you're certain you can't make an exception for me?"

Vergil didn't even glance at her. He remained completely silent, the only sound being him turning a page in his book.

Ririko's frown returned as she stood up straight. She huffed before turning on her heel, "Well, fine then. Good day, Vergil."

She shook her head while skulking away from the man's desk. The nerve! While he may be good looking, that didn't give him any reason to be rude. All she wanted was to say hello to him. And he couldn't even muster the effort to give her the time of day! If this was how she was with her, then who knows how he would treat the students? She needed to find some time to speak to Mikogami. She had to let him know about-

The sound of someone groaning with effort interrupted her train of thought. She looked to her left and saw an interesting sight. A girl who she recognized as the first year, the witch Yukari Sendo, was standing on top of a step ladder. She was trying to reach a book on the topmost shelf of an aisle. She one of her tiny hands kept trying to tap away at the book's spine, while the other was keeping her hat on her head. Her face was twisted in concentration, tongue touching her upper lip as she got to her tip-toes...which was right when her weight made the step ladder start wobbling.

Yukari began to panic which only made the situation worse. Seeing she was going to fall, Ririko made to save the girl.

Then something...strange happened.

One moment, Ririko was heading towards the falling girl, Yukari moving in slow motion as the teacher ran towards her.

Then there was a flash of blue and the sound of air being cut.

And the next thing Ririko knew, Vergil had grabbed the girl under her arms and placed her on the floor.

"You must be more careful," he stated, voice much softer than when he spoke to Ririko. Yukari looked up at him, eyes wide with as much confusion as Ririko had. She hadn't even seen him move from his desk! How did he get there without her seeing him?

Vergil didn't seem to notice the girl's distress. Instead, he reached up and grabbed the book she was looking for. Then he handed it to her, "Are you planning to check this out?"

"Y-Y-Yes," Yukari answered, still not sure what had happened.

"Then come along. I will put you into the system. Be sure to return the book before two weeks have elasped," he said while walking back to his desk.

"I-I-I know!" Yukari started pouting while following after the Patron Librarian.

Ririko's mouth hung open. Even as she left the library, she couldn't help but feel like she gained more questions than answers from that.

However, she did learn a few things from that experience.

Vergil was a handsome man.

He was also a rather rude man.

But he seemed to actually cared for the students.

And, for now, that last point would have to do.

Alright. Might want to get ready. Canon's gonna get started next Chapter. And Dante and Vergil are gonna fuck with it.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  30. Anonymousthe22nd

Anonymousthe22nd I'm feel old now...

Loved the chapter. I think the characters are one point. I just felt like there was a missed opportunity for the library scene.