• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Disable Animated Avatars

Dinya

Know what you're doing yet?
Could we please disallow animated avatars (e.g. animated GIFs) on the forum? (Preferably code-wise - by just displaying the first image of the animation as the avatar, like SB does.)

I find them extremely distracting (They are usually the only thing moving on a page.) and they don't really serve any purpose whatsoever, that normal, static ones don't already fulfill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, we're actually allowed to have animated avatars? ;D Awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh.

When I tried to have a Reaver Bobblehead Avatar, it didn't animate. Why are animated ones working now?

Vindictus said:
Huh.

When I tried to have a Reaver Bobblehead Avatar, it didn't animate. Why are animated ones working now?
I don't know; I can't get mine to work either. I just switched to an animated gif but it's not working.

Randy Hamblast said:
You can get Photoshop CS2 for free. They shut down the old activation servers and so they posted keys for people who still use CS2. Technically you're only allowed to do it if you paid for it, but it's completely public and there's nothing stopping you from doing it.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/
I think Dinya's refering to this guy's avatar.

Malcolmo said:
I think Dinya's refering to this guy's avatar.
If that guy's who I think he is, I remember when he showed up on Dark Side of the Moon. He had a habit of having low-grade shock images in his avatar and signature; he's a troll, and it's probably best to ignore him until he either gets bored and leaves or starts escalating until he gets banned. I think Mike mentioned that he had been banned from Beast's Lair for trolling, as well.

It shouldn't be possible, that avatar exceeds the attachment upload size.

I will be working on blocking animated avatars; there is a tradeoff, however. Doing so will block all gif avatars, not just animated ones. Most people on the forum use jpg or png, so it won't affect most people, but it will affect a few.

All avatars are stored locally. If you specified an external url for your avatar, the software downloaded it and stored in the avatars folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back