• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Created at
Index progress
Dropped
Watchers
Recent readers

A quest where a Druchii Noble finds himself in the Border Princes and we find out how he got there
Prologue Part One New

Nelyahros01

Versed in the lewd.
How did I arrive here, this wretch domain of lesser races, a broken-up domain of man. Where each squabble over patches of dirt and calls wooden shacks clustered together with mud roofs a city. These people call themselves the 'Border Princes' but the Shade Clans have better manners than them.

I now take the sack of coin offered up by the farmstead owner and drop the dead Orc's head at his feet. These orcs had painted themselves blue, but it didn't grant them any powers that I could not deal with. How was I noble scion of Naggarond brought this lowly here.

The short lived creature looks at me trembling now as I weight the sack of goods and look at the coin he stutters in bad Reikspiel "Uh begging your pardon master, but that is all we had as promised."

I scowl at him now before stating back in more perfect Reikspiel "Its not enough for the effort I had to put in, but it will do. The raiding part was too far out, and they are dead now."

"I would open your belly and see what else I could rip out if it were not going to cause more problems." I curse Druhir though I am more measured when I speak it lest someone who knows enough figures out I am not an ill tempered Asur mercenary.

Again how did I a Druchii Noble Scion of Naggaroth end up scrapping a living from wretched apes within these Border Princes. I let the human go back into his farmstead before I leave, I am tempted to stab him in the back. But I am aware that is still a bad idea.

Alas how I have fallen, how I scrape by and live. A true child of Naggaroth would have preferred to die than suffer this humiliation. A part of me wishes I had just drunk that damned wine and all of this would never have come to pass. I would be dead, but death is preferable to some fates.

How did I a Noble Scion and son of Fuirion Bloodsteed, a renowned house of Druchii Knights end up in this wretched outcaste society. The soft Asur of Ulthuan would tremble when the heard the hooves of our house thundering down upon them. Not like those faithless who ride the Cold Ones.

How often my father and brothers looked down upon them, sacrificing much for a steed that was less trustworthy than the Druchii beside them. We were part of the Order of Knightmare, knights who still rode the Darksteeds of old. Not that any Ape here would know what that is. I still remember it, that faithful night that changed my life forever.

News had spread that Lokhir Fellheart inherited the command of the Black Ark 'Tower of Blessed Dread'. But that was very far away, I sit at this party slightly away from my kin. I am the youngest and considered the least of my family much to my annoyance.

I am not the least in deeds, as I have raided well and better than any of my brothers. Bringing back many slaves for our family. But father and mother always seem to favour them over me, to point where I don't consider trying any more.

Upon becoming an adult Druchii, we all given an artifact a priceless heirloom of our family. My eldest sister Tressa a powerful sorceress at least in her head, was given 'The Mirror of Malediction'. It allows the user to spy on people bypassing the most powerful of warding spells, except for those done by the Witch King and the Hag Queen. She used it of course to cause problems with her suitors and stir up trouble within the family as well.

My elder brother Vegmorlus was given 'the Blade of Eternal Torment' s cruelly serrated sword is forged from the darkest iron found in the depths of Naggaroth. It is said to be able to cause pain with even the slightest cut, sapping t he will and strength of those it injures. At least it's claimed to I've never seen it and my sister is very amused when it is displayed.

My elder sister Ravena was given 'the Glamourweave Robes' made from a shimmering, iridescent fabric that seems to change colour and pattern depending on the light and the wearer's mood. This I know can project either allure or fear, I have been subjected to both. It can also be used to create illusions and mess with the perception of those looking at her. Also I do believe it grants some magically resistance to attacks, not that I've tried it.

My eldest brother though has the best 'the Dreadblade', it is a large and imposing sword, a symbol of authority and power among the Druchii. Forged from the blackened steel and quenched in the blood of slaves, the blade hums with barely restrained power. It is etched with dark runes that channel the wielder's hatred and ambition.

It was used by Father before it grants its wielder superior combat skills, increasing their strength, speed, and precision. The blade also carries a curse that drains the life force of those it kills, transferring it to the wielder, healing their wounds and invigorating them in the heat of battle. The blade's presence inspires fear and respect in allies and terror in enemies.

And what did I get, freaking Ironbound braces that are plain and with no obvious markings and decorations. It apparently grants me enhanced endurance and resilience allowing its wearing to withstand more damage in combat without showing signs of injury. How could I test that I am not so stupid to allow someone to strike me. I wear them now because they look plain.

In either case now I see them all laughing and chuckling and making merry together, a server comes and offers them wine which they take. However, when he comes to me I sniff the wine and note its not to my liking so I refuse. This servant looks and tries to insist that drink it. So I take a glass but don't sip it.

I let him scurry away now as more Nobles arrive, there are many noble families at this gathering. I felt a cold, delicate pressure on my shoulder, the touch so light and yet so commanding that it sent a shiver down my spine. I turned slowly, my heart pounding in my chest, my breath catching in my throat.

The hostess of this event Lady Morvanieth Darkveil, I had seen her from afar but her beauty was unlike anything I had ever imagined, a vision of dark elegance that seemed to blend seamlessly with the shadows around her. Her gown of midnight blue clung to her slender form, absorbing the light and making her appear as though she was emerging from the very darkness itself. The intricate silver embroidery on her dress seemed almost alive, shifting with a fluid grace that danced with every subtle movement she made.

Her face, framed by long, raven-black hair that cascaded down her back in smooth, lustrous waves, was the epitome of otherworldly beauty. Her skin was a flawless alabaster, glowing faintly in the dim light of the hall. Her violet eyes locked onto mine, piercing through me with an intensity that felt both chilling and enthralling. I could feel the weight of her gaze, as though she was reading my very soul.

Her lips, painted a deep, dark crimson, curved into a smile that was both alluring and cold—a smile that seemed to promise both pleasure and peril. I noticed the silver diadem she wore on her forehead, set with a dark gemstone that pulsed softly with an inner light, drawing my eyes irresistibly to its mesmerizing glow.

I could barely take in the details of her long, fingerless gloves, adorned with silver runes, or the elegant boots that adorned her feet. Every aspect of her attire seemed meticulously crafted to enhance her regal and intimidating presence.

But I know beneath all that lies something cold and insidious after all, we are monsters by any other name. And even though her charming honeyed words it my I do my best to resist whatever it is she wants when she says "Ah, young Velitroth," Lady Morvanieth Darkveil's voice flowed like silk, smooth and chilling. "Velitroth Lightsteed, was it? The youngest son of Fuirion Bloodsteed, the famed ravager of Ellyrion. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

She knows what she is doing, she is provoking my father by speaking to me first and I give a bow saying "Honoured hostess it pleasure and an honour to be greeted by you. How can I be of service."

The last part I say almost out of a mix of desire and fear, even in my parents presence I have no felt as much a child compared to standing in front of her now. So much so that I do not think to even snip back for the slight of calling me 'Lightsteed' which is normally an insult and one I don't like letting people get away with.

Lady Morvanieth Darkveil's replies now her voice was a soft, seductive murmur, dripping with dark charm "Oh, dear Velitroth, nothing at the moment, please, savour the wine. I do hope you will uphold the honoured tradition of riding Dark Steeds rather than Cold Ones for your knights and your personal pleasure in the years to come. But alas, I have other guests to entertain. Perhaps we shall continue our delightful conversation at a later time."

I find that highly unlikely as she has hundreds of other guests to attend to and I'd rather not be caught with her again. That said I should make myself busy as not to stand out and stand alone.

[] I see the young Cold Knights of the Crimson Claws, if I recall they don't smell or taste anything thanks to the ritual to ride Cold Ones. And still they fall behind my own count in kills and raids, time to go stir the pot a little and cause some nice Druchii discourse.

[] I see my family now wants to include me in their own conversations and all, oh joy. It only takes the hostess to come over to me for them to remember that I exist. Though given how most other Druchii families are, them overlooking me and not killing me is a good thing. Time to tow the line, I guess.

[] Ah there's that small band of up-and-coming Coven of sorceresses, the Darkspire Sisters I think they call themselves. They are supposed to be a name that is climbing the ranks and have already made enemies among the older and more established sorceresses. They seem to be open to guests, so why not.

[] There is the Highborn Lady Zarelia Nightsworn, a rival of my father, a cold calculating beauty. Talking to her would piss off both her and my father but given where we are she might see that as a chance to one up my father. I believe though my father has pointed out she believes in the raw unrelenting pursuit of power and thinks him soft.

[] My attention is drawn to Sister Valenya Shadowstrike, a Witch Elf. she stands quite tall and imposing, I believe she has aided our raids and we have aided hers in the past. Dressed in the traditional garbs of her profession or rather lacking most clothing, she seems to be open for some idle chatter.

[X] I see my family now wants to include me in their own conversations and all, oh joy. It only takes the hostess to come over to me for them to remember that I exist. Though given how most other Druchii families are, them overlooking me and not killing me is a good thing. Time to tow the line, I guess.

[X] I see the young Cold Knights of the Crimson Claws, if I recall they don't smell or taste anything thanks to the ritual to ride Cold Ones. And still they fall behind my own count in kills and raids, time to go stir the pot a little and cause some nice Druchii discourse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back