1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynasty Warriors as Exalted?

Discussion in 'General' started by Guile, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

So I was trying out my new copy of Dynasty Warriors 8 Complete Edition and I had the thought that this game of epic Chinese heroes and villains rampaging around the battlefield to heavy metal guitar riffs would make a pretty stellar game of Exalted. Either as anathema or splitting up the four directions of Creation into Wu, Shu, Wei and Jin and go at it as intra-empire Dragonblood wars.

You could even keep the name.

But my knowledge of the game (Exalted that is) is incomplete, so I'm not sure how well it would fit. Do we have any DW fans in the house that could throw out some suggestions or even light builds?

2. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

... Isn't Dynasty Warriors one of the inspirations for Exalted?
    Truly, we have come full circle.

At any rate, I'd recommend not using the EX2 Syste...

No, wait. Dragonblooded. Just Dragonblooded, nothing else, that'd work. Make heavy use of the extra rules, and allow PVP.

3. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Well, PVP should be allowed I guess, but I was thinking the group would pick one of the Dynasty Warriors nations and play those guys as a group, with the DM taking over the head dude. Liu Bei, Sun Jian, Cao Cao, whoever.

Dragonblooded does sound promising - able to kill like a million fucking normal guys, but not punch out the sun or turn you into a duck. What are these extra rules, though?

4. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Eh No solars?

But fighting Lu Bu is like fighting a Dawn.

And Zhuge Liang. I don't think Dragonblooded work on the army scale his strategy hax does. They're more squad based aren't they?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  5. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Might I interest you in some Romance of the Three Kingdoms? Ie what Dynasty Warriors have been using as a cashcow~

Check out Red Cliff... its on YouTube.

6. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Eh. Isn't the Romance of the three kingdoms the chinese historical epic that Dynasty Warrior depicts?

7. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

With liberties. To say the least.

8. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

Do Not Pursue Lu Bu!

9. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

Dynasty Warrior just ... buffs everyone up, in real history nobody did what they do in the game, of course for a hack'n'slash/beat'em'up game it's important to allow you kill up to more than 1000 soldiers.

To make an Exalted/DW you would require a bit of Chinese history though, and not everyone women in DW knew how to fight nor that beautiful, Zhu Ge Liang's wife was said to be an ugly one, but smart.

Creating an OC in DW would require more works, like how would Zhu Ge Liang, Cao Cao, Zhou Yu, Si Ma Yi reaches to the PC, they could very well recruit you or plot to kill you.

10. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

The rules for Extras.
    Y'know, only three HLs, Auto apply one HL per three dice damage, so forth?