• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Even more Rule 7 questions - omakes

PinkShadowReader

Versed in the lewd.
7: Thread Necromancy is (very) conditionally permitted.
  • Threads that have been dormant for 1 month are considered dead threads. IF you make a post to a dead thread, it must be a significant contribution; story update, new information on current events, new activity for games elsewhere, etc. Asking if a story or quest is dead or will be continued does not count as contributing.
  • The one-month timeframe is deliberately generous. Reviving a thread just before the deadline is still frowned upon.
  • This rule applies to quest and story threads. Index and topical threads are not subject to a necro rule.
From https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/rule-7-question.21129/
there did it answer my question if omakes count as significant contribution and they did. However how long is too long even with an omake? I'm worried that 3 months is too long even for omakes.

Thanks.

Omake DO count as significant contribution. BUT... there is a catch, it has to be an actual multi-paragraph type omake and not a one liner or some such.
You did answer my question kind of but not really.

To clarify. Is the age of the dead thread a non issue as long as the poster fulfills those criteria?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back