1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairy small problems (Worm)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Guld, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Threadmarks: 1
    Guld

Guld Verified Link Simp

Another day at Winslow, Just like every other day since the locker. Another day of bullying, of the trio doing whatever they could to make my life miserable, but for once I actually welcomed it. I was so close, all Sophia had to do was brush against me and….

"Hey Hebert, watch where you're going." And that's what I was waiting for, Sophia 'surprising' me by pushing me over and into the lockers, on 'accident'
    Really I could tell she was coming, The oily feeling of shadows approaching. Everyday at school I could just feel her.

When I first got my power I thought sensing capes was all it could do, And realizing Sophia was a cape was shattering. From the feeling of her power probably Shadow stalker, And that explained why she got away with everything.

Of course I realized it was more than that the first time she had pushed me after coming back from the hospital, Just like she had just now.

I glare up at her as she walks away. The oily smokey feeling of her power getting further away as she walks to class. Now that I had what I wanted from her it would be so easy to just have her killed, And it's not like they could trace it back to me. Or maybe they could.

Really, what was stopping me was that despite all of this I still wanted to be a hero.

And so I gathered up my books and stood up with a grunt. It was more than halfway through the day, and honestly. I wouldn't miss much if I skipped, I had something more important to do anyway.

And so I walked away for the day, making my way home.

As soon as I opened the door a small form, barely 7 inches tall, jumped at me from the top of the coat rack, and I nonchalantly raised my arm to block it.

I raised an eyebrow at the little figure, glowing slightly purple as it hovered in the air, Having just bounced off my arm, and gave an exasperated sigh. "Really, shade?"

The small figure, looking like a cute little doll, gave a huff and flashed the purple glow surrounding it brightly. The babbling that then came out of its mouth wasn't any language I knew to exist, But I was able to understand it perfectly fine.

"I know you're bored, But it's finally just about time."I said to the miniature version of Sophia Hess, holding out a hand for it to land on it's eyes practically lighting up with Joy.

"Yep, we're going to go scouting tonight." The tiny girl raised her little fists in the air with a cheer, and leaped off of my hand, careening towards the ground before slowing down just slightly before it landed, rushing off up the stairs.

The first time Sophia had touched me after the locker incident, shoving me into a wall by accident, I had felt something rolling in my gut and rushed off to the bathroom, feeling like I needed to throw up.

And that's when I created the tiny clone of Sophia.

It wasn't exact, The proportions were slightly off. The face was not quite right, But mostly it looked like Sophia.

It also had what I had determined from research to be, a different version of Shadow Stalkers power. While Sophia could phase through things, Shade (as I had named the small clone) was capable of making other things intangible through touch. It could use this on small objects or small bits of larger objects, making a chunk of wall intangible for it to slip through. Right now it could only do this big enough for me to maybe reach my head through, But if I was right about the energy I felt building up every time Sophia shoved me…

I followed it up the stairs at a more relaxed pace, chuckling. You'd think I would be more on edge around the miniature version of Sophia, but…. She was just so innocent. Like a child compared to the real thing. She still had a vicious streak, and was very enthusiastic about going out and 'hunting my enemies', but she was also so enthusiastic, and showed care and anger when I was hurt.

Upstairs was the other clone I had been able to make, by luck stumbling across another parahuman and getting a chance to touch them, The person they had been based on…

[X] A fretting mother taking her baby on a walk. (Clone will be a Shaker that can create glittery illusions made of destructive light)

[X] A serious man I had bumped into getting out of his car while I was taking a walk, as wiry and thin as my father and wearing a PRT uniform. (Clone will be a thinker that can create simulations)

[X] A explosively angry woman I had met at the grocery store, yelling at one of the employees. (Clone will be a Tinkerer that can create one time use items that affect an individual)

I smiled down at Shade, resting a hand on her head, The little figure fidgeting on my desk as she sat there, looking nervous as I took a hold of the energy I had gathered from my interactions with Sophia and pushed.

A purple glow surrounded her, And when it was done she looked completely the same, except for the curious expression on her face.

"Did it work?" I asked the little clone (I should probably figure out a different general name for the minions I created) and lean my hands on the desk.

Suddenly the desk wasn't there anymore and I was falling through it, I managed to catch myself before I completely fell over, giving a look at the little trickster that was laughing her ass off.

Stepping back I could see that basically the entire desk had been turned incorporeal, with the little clone hovering right above it, feet still in contact with the shadows.

"I guess it did." If I could upgrade the powers of my minions through interacting with their originals, That opened a lot of doors.

Something told me they'd never be as strong as a full-blown cape, there would always be some limitation that made it less powerful, But the versatility of essentially having a bunch of minor powers….

"Good job." I say to Shade, giving her a pat on the head which she warmly accepts. "I think we're ready for tonight."

It was almost time, I had spent the afternoon double checking my costume and preparations. My costume wasn't anything professional, But when I had realized I would need to make costumes for myself and any little clones, I decided to take up sewing. It wasn't a masterpiece but I had put together something decent…

[X][costume] a cloak, with a hood and a cloth mask that covered the bottom part of my face. Relatively normal clothes underneath, But all black so it didn't look like there was anything under there. Plenty of pockets inside the cloak both for supplies and for the clones to hide in

[X][costume] Write in, Well try to keep it realistic Taylor has had a few months to work on this.

Shade had a pretty simple ninja outfit made out of some black fabric, plane and simple. Didn't want her spotted if I could help it, while I was working on something more impressive, it should work for now.

I took a deep breath as I looked at the map of the area of town we were going to patrol, the plan was for me to walk around, trying to be covert and letting Shade investigate any suspicious buildings, tonight was about information gathering, ideally I'd see if I could pick up something with my cape senses but that was a gamble.

I had pepper spray and a baton, but even with that and the help of mine minions I doubt it I could face an actual experienced cape.

But I couldn't just sit around anymore, and I was pretty sure my two little friends would go off and start doing something on their own If I did delay any longer.

I had looked on PHO, finding an unofficial map of gang territories, and had decided to scout out-

[X][patrol] the docks, ABB territory.

[X][patrol] near the train yard, generally in merchant territory.
    [X][patrol] downtown, empire territory.

Fairy votes open: none

AN

Hello everyone, welcome to my first attempt in a while at a quest. Figured I might as well take another crack at it

Going to spoiler but here's an explanation of Taylor's power. I won't promise every detail because I might change something in the future.

Taylor, upon touching a parahuman, can create one fairy based on them, these fairies are small, Can range from the size of a finger to the size of a cat. And have weaker and altered versions of the original powers.

Interacting with someone, This can include either conflict or friendly conversation or any such thing, Can work towards making the corresponding Fairy stronger.

Every fairy by default has a low brute and mover rating, they are a decent bit tougher and stronger than they should be based on their size, capable of lifting objects twice their size without too much struggle and able to take mundane punches and kicks without being hurt too much. They also have the ability to hover slowly, technically allowing them to fly but more useful for extending jumps and not getting squished by a long fall.

They can be killed. It's not super easy but in a full-blown fight they can be lost. Just be warned.

A note on the format of the quest: I'll try to keep Taylor's choices that you vote on to broad strokes, I might struggle with that at first but mostly going to try to have her be her own character with you all directing big things.

The fairies on the other hand, You will be able to direct the actions of. Any that are not being actively told to do something by Taylor will appear at the end of an update, And you can choose any of them or any group of them to do whatever tasks you want to assign they would be capable of. Taylor will set ground rules like no killing and no stealing from innocence, But Outside of that every fairy can do whatever.

Going to try posting this on QQ, SB and SV, Just to see what kind of audience I can attract. Might drop it from one site if it isn't getting any attention there and getting more attention in the other two. I will be trying to keep track of votes to make sure that The same person doesn't vote on all of them.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    Bollmer, omni001, meridian and 18 others like this.
  2. Guld

Guld Verified Link Simp

Reserved

3. Guld

Guld Verified Link Simp

Reserved

voting is open

4. Lmnocat

Lmnocat Very, Very Gay

[X] A serious man I had bumped into getting out of his car while I was taking a walk, as wiry and thin as my father and wearing a PRT uniform. (Clone will be a thinker that can create simulations)
    thinker powers good

Fuck the Nazis, also most parahumans to maybe get fairies from

no particular feelings on the costume so no vote for that

ps. Harem

5. Guld

Guld Verified Link Simp

No harem if there's a poly relationship it will be a polycule *sticks out tongue*

Also any chance that that would be far in the future

6. Lmnocat

Lmnocat Very, Very Gay

I wasn’t talking about that and you absolutely know that, don’t you mistress~?

ps. It’s still a harem whatever you say

7. thewhiteraven22

thewhiteraven22 (Unverified Worm fan)

No idea about costume, I'll check back later to see if anyone has any ideas.

8. XxSelenaxX

XxSelenaxX Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

[X][costume] a cloak, with a hood and a cloth mask that covered the bottom part of my face. Relatively normal clothes underneath, But all black so it didn't look like there was anything under there. Plenty of pockets inside the cloak both for supplies and for the clones to hide in

Also, this is the first time I am ever actually using this account even though I have had it for a while now.

Ps. Harem.

9. sevgre

sevgre Not too sore, are you?

10. Prognostic Hannya

Prognostic Hannya Knight of the Yuri Crusade

11. Vanbers

Vanbers Well worn.

Coil'd power is INCREDIBLY useful as a force multiplier and general enhancement to every plan.

Better to start in the easiest place, imo. That, plus potential Tinker Fairy get. :V

Interesting premise, but a few mistakes. The biggest being that Taylor's surname is Hebert, not Herbert.

Also, if it's a wormfic, you'll want to add (Worm) to the title, if only to avoid people coming in, then whining because the story wasn't tagged with the setting. :V

yarobas, thewhiteraven22 and Guld like this.
  12. shade argost

shade argost Experienced.

I'm pretty sure that a deliberate mistake on Sophia's part of things.

13. Guld

Guld Verified Link Simp

Na, I'm just bad at words :V

thewhiteraven22 likes this.
  14. Atlasofremembrance

Atlasofremembrance Versed in the lewd.

[X][costume] A dark trenchcoat, with a sewed-on hood covering her head and a red scarf wound around her lower face. Underneath, comfortable work clothes and hard boots. Every part is easy to lose in case of need, and she brings along all useful items in several pockets throughout the outfit.

15. Malexander

Malexander Apprentice Electromancer (still not in Prague)

thinker powers good

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  16. OriginTrainer

OriginTrainer Catching them all is hard work, right?

[X][patrol] downtown, empire territory

Malexander likes this.
  17. Andre Chaos

Andre Chaos Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Well, good old simulations is useful and may give us second chance in anything. It is also pretty funny, if it will screw with main power or make thing weirder. Not sure about costume. I like this option here and don't have better ideas for now.

18. Extras: Closing vote and questioning costume
    Guld

Guld Verified Link Simp

QQ

Fairy
    [X] A serious man I had bumped into getting out of his car while I was taking a walk, as wiry and thin as my father and wearing a PRT uniform. (Clone will be a thinker that can create simulations) -10

Patrol
    [X][patrol] downtown, empire territory.-6
    [X][patrol] the docks, ABB territory.-2
    [X][patrol] near the train yard, generally in merchant territory.-2

Costume
    [X][costume] a cloak, with a hood and a cloth mask that covered the bottom part of my face. Relatively normal clothes underneath, But all black so it didn't look like there was anything under there. Plenty of pockets inside the cloak both for supplies and for the clones to hide in -5
    [X][costume] A dark trenchcoat, with a sewed-on hood covering her head and a red scarf wound around her lower face. Underneath, comfortable work clothes and hard boots. Every part is easy to lose in case of need, and she brings along all useful items in several pockets throughout the outfit. -1

SB

Fairy
    [X] A explosively angry woman I had met at the grocery store, yelling at one of the employees. (Clone will be a Tinkerer that can create one time use items that affect an individual) -2
    [X] A serious man I had bumped into getting out of his car while I was taking a walk, as wiry and thin as my father and wearing a PRT uniform. (Clone will be a thinker that can create simulations) -1

Patrol
    [X][patrol] the docks, ABB territory. -2
    [X][patrol] near the train yard, generally in merchant territory. -1

Costume
    [X][costume] a cloak, with a hood and a cloth mask that covered the bottom part of my face. Relatively normal clothes underneath, But all black so it didn't look like there was anything under there. Plenty of pockets inside the cloak both for supplies and for the clones to hide in -2
    [X][costume] emulate a cloth doll. The mask covers the whole head, and is made of a heavy cloth like burlap, canvas, or denim. The mask extends down the neck, where it flares into a mantle or short cape. A thick cord is stitched/glued into the neck to give the illusion that it's holding the mask in place. The eyes are circular lenses made to look like buttons. The fairies also wear a version of the mask to unify their designs. -1

SV
    None, only voter double posted on another site.

Total

Fairy
    [X] A serious man I had bumped into getting out of his car while I was taking a walk, as wiry and thin as my father and wearing a PRT uniform. (Clone will be a thinker that can create simulations) -11
    [X] A explosively angry woman I had met at the grocery store, yelling at one of the employees. (Clone will be a Tinkerer that can create one time use items that affect an individual) -2

Patrol
    [X][patrol] downtown, empire territory. -6
    [X][patrol] the docks, ABB territory. -4
    [X][patrol] near the train yard, generally in merchant territory. -3

Costume
    [X][costume] a cloak, with a hood and a cloth mask that covered the bottom part of my face. Relatively normal clothes underneath, But all black so it didn't look like there was anything under there. Plenty of pockets inside the cloak both for supplies and for the clones to hide in -7
    [X][costume] emulate a cloth doll. The mask covers the whole head, and is made of a heavy cloth like burlap, canvas, or denim. The mask extends down the neck, where it flares into a mantle or short cape. A thick cord is stitched/glued into the neck to give the illusion that it's holding the mask in place. The eyes are circular lenses made to look like buttons. The fairies also wear a version of the mask to unify their designs. -1
    [X][costume] A dark trenchcoat, with a sewed-on hood covering her head and a red scarf wound around her lower face. Underneath, comfortable work clothes and hard boots. Every part is easy to lose in case of need, and she brings along all useful items in several pockets throughout the outfit. -1

Calling most of the vote but didn't really consider the difficulty of write-ins When I'm posting on multiple sites, so opening a new vote for the costume while I'll start working on the update.
    Costume

[X] a cloak, with a hood and a cloth mask that covered the bottom part of my face. Relatively normal clothes underneath, But all black so it didn't look like there was anything under there. Plenty of pockets inside the cloak both for supplies and for the clones to hide in.

[X] emulate a cloth doll. The mask covers the whole head, and is made of a heavy cloth like burlap, canvas, or denim. The mask extends down the neck, where it flares into a mantle or short cape. A thick cord is stitched/glued into the neck to give the illusion that it's holding the mask in place. The eyes are circular lenses made to look like buttons. The fairies also wear a version of the mask to unify their designs.

[X] A dark trenchcoat, with a sewed-on hood covering her head and a red scarf wound around her lower face. Underneath, comfortable work clothes and hard boots. Every part is easy to lose in case of need, and she brings along all useful items in several pockets throughout the outfit.

19. Atlasofremembrance

Atlasofremembrance Versed in the lewd.

[X] A dark trenchcoat, with a sewed-on hood covering her head and a red scarf wound around her lower face. Underneath, comfortable work clothes and hard boots. Every part is easy to lose in case of need, and she brings along all useful items in several pockets throughout the outfit.

20. thewhiteraven22

thewhiteraven22 (Unverified Worm fan)

[X] emulate a cloth doll. The mask covers the whole head, and is made of a heavy cloth like burlap, canvas, or denim. The mask extends down the neck, where it flares into a mantle or short cape. A thick cord is stitched/glued into the neck to give the illusion that it's holding the mask in place. The eyes are circular lenses made to look like buttons. The fairies also wear a version of the mask to unify their designs.

I like this design the most of the options listed.

21. shade argost

shade argost Experienced.

22. HelereTheAce

HelereTheAce Jigglier and Gigglier

23. Miller At the Wash

Miller At the Wash Experienced.

24. TricMagic

TricMagic Avid Avian Acolyte

Parian shenanigans~

25. Guld

Guld Verified Link Simp

Ok, I did something I have a tendency to do and kind of wrote The first update of this quest in an afternoon without actually giving thought to how I would structure the rest, which now leaves me with writer's block as I try to actually come up with how to do this.
    Not going to be tabling the quest, But I think I am going to be redoing the first post after I figure out how I actually want things to be structured, I like the idea of this quest and have some fun ideas for stuff later, But this is a horrendous start.

thewhiteraven22 and Malexander like this.