1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fic Idea Dumping Ground

Discussion in 'CW Index' started by FurikoMaru, Mar 23, 2013.

1. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

I recently had the thought of Major Kusanagi chasing down Orochimaru. With her trusty sidekick Satsuki of the Dragons of Earth.

I dunno, man, my mind's a weird place.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

I kind of want to write a story (or a quest, or something) about a Hermione Granger that goes the Dark Lord route in order to get rights for Muggleborns and Dark Creatures the only way she can; by taking over the world.

Super cheery Dark Lord Hermione, tell me you wouldn't read it.

Also, I plotted out a fair amount of a quest for Izuna, the brother of Madara set back during the Warring Clans period. Where the MC is this amazingly gifted warrior from a ridiculously powerful bloodline, and is also an astoundingly talented sculptor (all the tengu stuff you find in the Uchiha district hidden clan places is his work; it's in his name, after all), tactician, dancer... oh, and he's very handsome and never has to look very far for willing partners. And yet, still not as good as his brother. At anything.

Then he'd bond with Tobirama, the OTHER 'Well sure I'm kage material but my brother saved the world as we know it' younger bro. Penpals!

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Mentioned this in the IRC channel, buut.. yeah. Putting it here too.

Handsome Jack. Of Blades.

mechaghost2003, Waterfly and Ddmkm122 like this.
  4. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

There's actually a Draco/Hermione fic to this exact effect. It was pretty good too. If I find it again I'll drop it here.

I'd like to see a Sekirei fic with a member of the main cast that isn't a harem. There was one, Shinobi no Ashikabi I believe, that had immortal Naruto as the protag. He wings Musubi and the story was absolutely adorable, right up to the point where he picked up the next member of the harem and she fell to the wayside. It may have improved up since then, I see it on people's favorites list every once in a while, but I had to stop reading because what the fuck man.

So yeah, non-harem. Drag in a bunch of other protags as cameos for the rest of the main cast but pick one and focus. They've all got interesting story's and characters, but inevitably one or two get swept away. This could probably work as a starting point for any harem fic tbh.

(As proof of concept, Debt of a Sword by Gabriel Blessing does it with Miya. Some people like it more than In Flight and Hill of Swords.)

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

I kind of really want to see a fanfic where Zhongli Wu and Draoi Fraga McRemitz compete against one another as Masters in the same Holy Grail War. ^_^;

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Idea: Zelretch created the Kaleidosticks because he likes Magical Girls and believes in the magic of young girls hearts and whatnot, at least according to Ruby in one of the earlier Prisma Illya chapters. Given that Homura's timeline shenanigans are crossing into his domain, he decides to help her out a bit giving Madoka and Sayaka the Kaleidosticks Ruby and Sapphire before they can make a contract with Kyuubey. Hilarity ensues.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. Guile

I'd like to see a Bazett fic, period. Bazett and Lancer, even better.
    Also, I had what I thought were some great ideas for a 'Shakespeare summoned in place of Medea, breaks contract and re-contracts with Taiga, then Taiga fights Heroic Spirits' fic. But I wasn't sure how I wanted to move things along between the big bits I had planned. I might make a quest out of it.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Make it a Wild Taiga Quest~

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Breaks contract and re bind Taiga? How'd he do that? Was taiga like right there or was the combo of him being more modern and not being restricted enough to let him hop ship. Had you designed Taiga's enchantment? Maybe an improvement on Tora Shinai to the level of Unlaboured Flawlessness?

Where you gona drag up her yakuza princessness or let it go?

I could assume that Shakespeare pops shirou's secret how did they all interact? Transitions having problems working character pieces?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  11. Guile

Same way Medea did with Souichiro, I figure. Kill the summoner for being a non-character. Shakespeare wants his summoner to be a protagonist. The Hero or the Villain of the piece.

Does Shakespeare’s Enchant ability give a Heroic Spirit-type skill? In the original draft I'd worked up, she just got C-rank stats and the ability for her blows to be theoretically capable hurt Heroic Spirits (I think you need a D-rank Noble Phantasm for that? I don't know, I'm not the most knowledgable nasu-fan), and her own skill.

The yakuza princess thing would get brought up when people report she has this strange foreigner living in her house. Not sure if she'd eventually ally with Shirou (or at least, try to beat everybody and win the War so Shirou doesn’t have to get involved), or miss it (Shirou never noticed Sakura/Shinji were Masters on sight, right?).

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  12. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

But I don't think Shakespeare has Independent action medea magic or the skill to abuse the temple to survive Gaia trying to murder him.

It doesn't but it's effectively super reinforcement (as shown) plus Zanpkatou-lite super abilities related to the characters nature in the narrative.

Torashinai by dint of being magic can hurt servants meaningfully. Ya know if you could actually hit them or apply that type of force. with Crank stats and the authority boost she's somewhat competitive. Well should would be if evry last single servant in melee didn't murk C-rank stats horribly or have transcendent murderous skills and comparative or superior stats with a weapon that has advantage over a sword.

So. Yeah. Wank that special ability you're making for Torashinai in addition to it's curse. Wank it hard long and narrow. Wank it like you can wank the concept of sword.

Or don't make fighting alone the point. There's only so much Shakespeare can do by seducing the narrative like a lothario and well Taiga doesn't heal like shirou.

I meant would Taiga, by dint of being in a war and not connected to the moon light world, flex her yak princess muscles and get some feet on the ground and stuff.

Also Shirou, who sucks like a very sucky person at orthodox skills, didn't notice shit. Well that and Matou magic is efficient and doesn't leak as much as other. And Shinji has no proper circuit or proper mastership.

Shakespeare who is a heroic spirit and a Caster should walk into that house and be seeing that boundary, 1be sensing Saber, and all that, blowing shirou's secret out the water.

Taiga who can be observant and worried and might have the intuition to be suspicious of certain thing could be said to go mother hen on everyone and find out about Sakura's seal. It wouldn't break my Sod but then I don't' know her perfectly.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  13. Guile

Independent Action rank-C lets them survive on their own for a day, right? I figure any Servant can manage a few hours, just enough to get saved by finding a protagonist at the 11th hour.

Interesting thought on putting yak boots on the ground. I see Taiga as more the type to run off and try to save everyone single-handedly (a lot like that thing with her, 4th War Rider and Waver), but once the yaks get involved, why not?

>It doesn't but it's effectively super reinforcement (as shown) plus Zanpkatou-lite super abilities related to the characters nature in the narrative.
    Is Fate/Apocrypha out? Is that where you're getting this from? If Shakespeare is out in manga/anime form, I need to see him!

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

First volume is out; not sure if it's fully translated though.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Actually, I'm pretty sure she does; I've never seen anything that suggests that Einzbern Consultation Clinic never happened.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  16. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

So, a bit of a necro, but idea:

PMMM/Monsters and Other Childish Things: In the vein of the other Dungeon Crawler SIs, the SI becomes a Monster from MaOCT, and winds up Bonded to Madoka. Hilarity ensues.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  17. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

What's MaOCT?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  18. Disminded

Disminded Versed in the lewd.

Monsters and Other Childish Things. It's an indie RPG where you play a kid and his monstrous imaginary friend.

I've never played it, but I read a fanfiction where harry potter had a MaOCT "friend" once. It wasn't bad.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  19. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

E- Independent Action allows you to remain in this world for 30 turns, which is most likely based on Tabletop turns. So 6 seconds per turn, which is 3 minutes. It is likely that without an anchor to hold them, they literally lose their ability to connect to the physical world even if they still have a bunch of prana. (Though it is likely that great amounts of Prana can slow it down somewhat.)

It is important to note that Caster did not screw with the temple to remain in the world. She made a contract with Kuzuki through her great magical knowledge. The temple only worked as a spiritual protection to the outside, slowing down her vanishing.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  20. Lemonbarb

Lemonbarb Very sour Grinch

On the similar vein of Monsters and Other Childish Things...

I'd be oh so tempted to also throw in 'Little Fears', and MAYBE a hint of 'Higanbana'. Though at that point; Madoka via Homurambo's wish = a 'Magical Girl Jesus' would =/= Even MORE Monsters getting 'interested' in Madoka; for all the wrong reasons.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  21. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Idea (Kill la Kill/PMMM): Satsuki Kiryuin, hears that her little sister just got out of hospital for her heart condition, and decides that rather than locking herself up for a week during the Naturals Election, she'll leave town to go visit her instead. Gamagoori, being who he his, decides to follow her, and gives Ryuuko and Mako a ride as well (because, after all, it's his duty to help students who find themselves in trouble outside of school). That little sister? "Akemi" Homura, from PMMM. Hilarity ensues.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  22. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

So, I was lurking on SB a few days ago, when I stumbled across this thread, and it gave me the idea for a Tenchi Muyo SI fic.

Basically, I got my memories punted into Tenchi's body, and promptly proceeded to let Ryoko loose, and enlisted her help in using Ryo-Ohki to conquer the Earth in the name of the Empire of Jurai, because I want to be able to point to a tangible achievement in an effort at staving off my great-grandfather's perception of me as the living symbol of his son's disobedience, and well, you don't build an empire by spreading love and happiness (especially when that empire was founded following a goddess giving someone a fleet of invincible uber-ships). So, he takes Ryo-Ohki up into space, gets her to hack into the assorted communications satellites, and broadcasts a message to all the nations of Earth: submit peacefully, and expose your nuclear weapons to easy orbital bombardment, and he'll let the current heads of state/government stay on as regional governors as a part of the transitional government. Failure to do so (or, alternately, launching nuclear missiles or broadcasting messages pledging eternal resistance to the last man) would be met with orbital bombardment until all military assets are destroyed. He'd also note that he's not making demands about nuclear disarmament because they're a threat to him, but because some fanatic might decide that burning the planet is preferable to being conquered the minute his back is turned, and that's something he'd prefer to avoid, since he wants to cause as few civilian casualties as possible.

North Korea promptly broadcasts a message pledging eternal resistance to all foreign invaders. Its military is promptly reduced to ashes, as energy beams rain from the sky.

Then Ayeka arrives, he explains what he's doing and why, along with the fact that Yosho has spent the last 700 years hiding on a primitive backwater of a planet because he didn't love her romantically, and he didn't want to hurt her feelings by calling the engagement off, so he faked his death and waited several hundred years in the hope that she'd move on and wind up in a relationship with someone else instead; the fact that she appeared so quickly after Ryoko was released obviously means that this plan was a miserable failure.

Ayeka is not amused, and neither is her father, once he gets made aware of the situation. Lady Seto probably is, though, and hilarity ensues.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  23. CrossyCross

CrossyCross LADY OF LOVE

A Bleach story idea, may be a fanfic, may be a quest, which may be NSFW or not.

"The Lonely Strawberry and the Angry Princess" ​

Summary: There are many ways people deal with trauma. Some turn inward, becoming recluses and shells of their former selves. Others turn to anger, becoming violent and shielding themselves from the pain with outward extravagance. When Ichigo Kurosaki's mother and Inoue Orihime's brother died, their decisions onward will turn out to have extreme consequences.

More in-depth sypnosis:

Ichigo became a sorta deliquent. I mean, SERIOUSLY, he goes around fighting thugs and he DOES have a reputation as a thug in school. Meanwhile, Orihime's disgustingly chirpy at times.

With the idea?

Ichigo basically goes sorta-emo. A social recluse, obsessed only with his own family and the people who reach out to him and become his friends. Given a choice between a city and a single friend, he will choose the FRIEND all the time. THat's his single motivation, as compared to canon where he's at least socially acceptable, this one's creepy as fuck at times.

Piss him off though by hurting any of his friends? OH dear JESUS.

Meanwhile, Orihime sets upon the path of "become a badass so that no one can hurt you ever again". The fact that this involves being an overly violent tomboy is just the tip of the iceberg.

Now, funny thing here, when you have a guy who keeps to himself and is so creepy most people shiver looking into his eyes and a violent punch-happy tomboy, you expect the two to just ignore each other when you have an entire school to deal with.

Except Ichigo's STILL radiating spiritual pressure like a broken fire hydrant and the moment Orihime steps into a class he has, she suddenly squeaks in fear and starts becoming, of all things SHY and unable to speak up for some strange reason.

Basically, a predator suddenly finding itself in the presence of a much greater predator. Instinct yells at her to sit down and shut up or get eaten.

Except Orihime is now the kind of person who DOES NOT want to back down.

Spiritual pressure infusion makes her spiritually sensitive as in canon. Except WORSE. Her own soul TAKES IN the excess power and uses it to 'feed' and 'grow'.

Time passes, she somehow SURPASSES his pressure, and ONLY THEN can she start acting brash again, and her own personality has her soul trying to blanket everyone to assert superiority.

Ichigo's soul counteracts this, getting stronger to not be smothered, except as always, being Ichigo, it goes overboard and ends up doing exactly that to Orihime, who gets submissive when the scales shift.

Except that repeats the process. AD INFINITUM. For YEARS.

Which changes a LOT of things.

And by a LOT, I mean, HOLY SHIT, frequent hollow attacks to the point that Ishida has to step in.

Except Ichigo sees him kicking hollow ass and saves Ichigo from an attack and the guy decides to help because once Ishida explains that it's HIS stupid reiatsu that's making things so horrible, well, that means his SISTERS might become targets and what better way to learn how to kick ass than to have a hands-on experience?

Ichigo tends to be stupid sometimes even here, yeah.

So now you have an Ichigo somehow going around kicking hollow ass with Ishida as back-to-back badasses with his BEAR HANDS from sheer power.

Sado joins in sometime, and Orihime probably will when she finds out. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised of Tatsuki gets dragged into the business, too.

So the Karakura brigade? Set up early and MUCH stronger than canon, with greater bonds than before.

As expected, Orihime doesn't know what to do with the boy that either scares the fuck out of her or makes her bare her teeth in a challenge depending on the week.

I'm tempted to go Tsundere with this, for lolz, because a competent Orihime is actually desirable.

Anyways, by the time canon rolls in, don't be surprised to find Sado running around with El Directo and almost on the verge of getting to Privaron level.

Heck ORIHIME isn't getting Shun Shun Rikka, considering her emotions at the time of apotheosis aren't the same as before. Not healing, but something ENTIRELY different.

Ichigo gets the same powerset, except he doesn't dick around like shonen people. See an enemy? FULL POWER SLICE HIS HEAD OFF. he reacts to people MUCH differently this time around.

Things be bullshit with have in mind.

SO! What do you guys think?

Somebody and Ddmkm122 like this.
  24. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

@Crossy
    [img width=600 height=375]http://rojrunning.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg[/img]

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  25. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

So, I was watching the new JJBA and Sailor Moon animes, and I got the idea to cross them over. Basically, a few years after Dio is killed, Joseph uses Hermit Purple one day and discovers that a great evil is arising in Tokyo!

[​IMG]

So, he hops on a plane, convinces Jotaro to accompany him, and then, when he uses Hermit Purple to discover more information, it produces an image of a Naru's mom's jewelry store. They go there, see the sale going on, wonder whether the mob of sale-obsessed women is the result of an enemy Stand or just their own materialistic greed. That night, Joseph decides to visit the home of the proprietor (maybe after another Hermit Purple-inspired vision), and proceeds to run into Sailor Moon's "fight" with the Youma.

Hilarity ensues.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  26. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Someone on /a/ pointed out to me that PMMM is less a proper deconstruction and more a plain old magical girl show where the difficulty setting is cranked up way past "Hard", "Expert", and "Insane" to the designed-to-be-unbeatable "Cheat" mode. In most magical girl shows, for example, your fairy partner is trying to help you, not harvest your soul and eat your delicious tears. The system that selects magical girls is also generally designed to choose those with qualities that will make them suitable warriors, whereas the Incubators choose their targets based on maximizing the amount of energy they'll eventually harvest from the grief seeds. By the same token, no puella magi would ever be permitted to have a power that can turn a witch back into a human -- which has been a standard-issue power of all the "real" magical girls ever since Moon Healing Escalation.

In short, if PMMM is trying to make a statement about the genre then it's really just attacking a strawman argument since legit magical girl shows have an entirely different set of assumptions behind them. With that in mind, what happens when you cross over PMMM and one of these other magical girl shows? Sailor Moon for example, or Pretty Cure?

Somebody and Ddmkm122 like this.
  27. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

Likely a very short series. Sailor Moon and co. fall to Metallia, Earth is then taken over/destroyed. Book of darkness destroys Earth.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  28. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I think we're making a very different set of assumptions. I don't imagine the traditional magical girls doing worse than the puellas or getting screwed over in their own plots.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  29. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

Maybe? You said they PMMM was magic girl cranked up to hard mode. In those two settings, they won their mega-boss fights through deus ex machina power of friendship.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  30. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I said it was cheat mode, not hard mode. I despise the implication that Sailor Moon is "easy mode" and that normal magical girls could never survive if you crossed them over with a "harder" setting. On the contrary, they would probably do a whole lot better than the canon protagonists (and if you want to talk about deus ex machina, Madoka defeating the villains with her wish is a textbook example of one).

In Sailor Moon, Usagi only survives the first few episodes because she has Luna and Tuxedo Mask in her corner, but the fact of the matter is that she does survive and goes on to grow far more powerful as the series goes on. As Sailor Moon is the codifier of modern magical girl shows, let's call this "normal mode" and use it as a benchmark. Pretty Cure is the same way except that Honoka and Nagisa are both at least semi-competent right out the gate and don't need mysterious saviors to come to their rescue every now and then.

PMMM can't be called "hard mode" in comparison to Sailor Moon because its villains aren't particularly super-competent or super-powerful compared to what Usagi or the Pretty Cures face (not counting the Incubators, who are never directly fought) -- the Cures, at least, have faced enemies who would infiltrate their schools to find out their secret identities, or who target their friends and families, or split them up to prevent the girls from using their combo attacks, etc. Even powerful witches aren't particularly smart like that, and no witch short of the final form of Kriemheld Gretchen can so much as hold a candle to Metallia or the Dark King on the power scale.

Instead, all the difficulty that the heroines face comes the way the Incubators have rigged the deck against them. Their powers, their lives, their very souls are all sabotaged in order to ensure that they can't help but ultimately collapse into despair sooner or later. They are chosen, in fact, specifically because they will fail sooner or later.

If you put Pretty Cures into PMMM, things would be very different because Honoka and Nagisa (or Erika and Tsubomi or whoever, take your pick) would be much better supported than the Puellas. They have friends and allies and their powers are built from the ground up to fight creatures of darkness. They don't have any apparent energy limits, they don't need grief seeds to recharge, and every time they fight a witch they purify her with their finishing move and make a new friend when the magical girl she used to be comes back to life.

And that's just with two Cures. All five Sailor Senshi in the same circumstances would look like an Usagi-shaped wrecking ball smashing through the carefully-laid plots of the furry fiends.

Ddmkm122 likes this.