1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gramps' quest for a stable family (HP / Overlord/Homm crossover quest)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Nicaea, May 10, 2018.

1. Threadmarks: Prologue 0
    Nicaea

Nicaea Monomaniac Penguin

Prologue: A murder mystery tea-party (1)

October 2nd, 1978
    Gwallawg Manor,Tanygrisiau, Wales.

A handsome man, with a muscled body and strong features, was sitting in a comfortable chair, reading the journal with a steaming cup of coffee on the desk he was sitting at. The first page was all about the terror and horrifying actions committed by a band of terrorists called 'death eaters'.
    Flipping a page, his green green eyes were scanning the pages' contents, and he didn't even bother to snort when a mention of 'army of darkness' was made. People sure have a short memory. Or, perhaps, they made themselves forget. This silent reading contined for a time, snorts becoming sneers, sneers becoming scrowls, and scowls becoming grimaces of disgust. It was then that he decided enough idiocy was enough, rolled the newspaper and threw it in the fireplace at the opposite side of the room, his personal study, where it burst in flames.

"Useless degenerates." He muttered darkly, his hand reaching for one of the paper sheets next to him.

"Hi dad.

Things are going okay, Remus and I are still together, if you were wondering, and we are very happy! The order is on the rise, and we're needing all the help necessary *wink wink*

That should have earned a raised eyebrow from him, but only caused the appearance of disgusted resignation. His daughter only ever did what she wanted to do. She was abnormally developped since early childhood, and his money was on her being a reincarnation who actually kept their memories. Wouldn't be the first time this kind of person popped up in the family tree. That would explain why the family register signalled her as being fifteen years older. Sadly, she never mentally aged further, to his great disappointment.

Anyways, I thought about your proposition, I'll do it, I know you keep your promises. Just don't expect things to go your way once everything's over.

Oh hoh. He did not think she ever considered this. The situation with the Order must be more desperate than he first assumed. This may be a threat to his life, how interesting. He'd need to do something about his dearest daughter before she did something irreparable.

So, yeah, nothing new on my front, how about you? Anything interesting happened? Hope you're doing okay, love, Aife.

Besides the insulting shortness of the letter, he was not that annoyed. Trying to get him to spy on business partners however? Very bad form that.

He leaned back in his chair, a flicker of his finger making the footrest deploy, and he savored the comfiness of one of his projects' presents.

After he lazed around for a while, he sat up properly, put his elbows on the table, crossed his fingers and rested his head against them. There were several proposal for his daughter's hand, despire her behavior, reputation, and general rebelliousness. Besides, she just agreed to it in exchange of him funding her little vigilante group.

First was little Walburga's proposal of wedding Aife to her heir Regulus.

The Blacks owned magical Northumbria, had a library known throughout Europe for its comprensiveness and sheer volume, the amount of magical artefact they owned was staggering, they were rich and they had a strong income.

The bad point was that Regulus was the Black's only heir, and so, until Aife could give birth to two children, should something happen to him, the Gwallawg would go extinct.

Lastly, due to its great history, the Black had lots of enemies, and Dace was not sure Aife had it in her to survive them. Of course, she was powerful magically, but she had a certain tendancy to think herself smarter than anyone else, jst because she happened to develop faster when she was a baby.

The other proposal, and one that was more pleasing, was that one Evan Rosier, proposing that his only son, Edmure marry his Aife.

While members of one of the purest families of Britain, the Rosiers were remarkably... nremarkable, so to speak. No scandal,bo blood feud, no genius or particular failure, save that they were hit harder than anyone else by the fertility crisis surrounding the sacred 25 (save Weasley, due to their fusion with the Prewett), leaving them with only two members, father and son.The father was sadly rendered sterile due to a potions incident, so only the son was noteworthy.

One other important detail, was that both father and son were members of that little terrorist squad, and as soon as their lord outlived his usefulness, so would his minions. Since they were doomed anyways, he might as well have Aife give him a child or two, then off him before the scandal begins, which he couldn't do with the Blacks.

Contrarily to the Blacks , who owned the land, Rosier owned several ingredient producing companies. While Black domain could do so, it would take longer, but it might generate more revenue...

His lips turned up into a smirk.

And if rumors were to be believed, Regulus too joined the rank. So it was either marry her to the death eater brother of her best friend, or the death eater unknown .

Either way, he stood to win in both, with relatively low risks of failing, as long as he took the appropriate steps.

December 31st, 1978.
    Malfoy Manor.

The party at the Malfoy manor was magnificent, and yet, the evening's cold wind steered his thought towards a darker path. What most people call 'The Muggleborn problem', which happens to not be what they think it is. Muggleborns currently were ripped away from their original world after they acquired that world's common sense, then released in the Magical world.

That, in itself, wouldn't be a problem, but they quickly proved that , the more time passed, the less they were inclined to respect this world's history, trampling upon its pride with statements like "Wizards are just muggles with magic" or outright refusing to learn the proper ways, deciding them to be too antiquated for them. The less was said about all that pseudo-modern neo-paganist nonsense, the better. The idiots would kill them all for sure.

No, the problem lied in the fact that they managed to convince old families to follow their lead and abandon their centuries old traditions.

One of them, sadly, being his own daughter. Her poor mother would be so ashamed. Well, no, she'd laugh uncharitably at him before offering him a drink and bragging about her latest conquest.

To add insult to injury, Albus Dumbledore, "war hero" of a war that never approached the country and that he could have nipped in the bud, mind you, named that goblin-obsessed sleep-deprived fool Cuthbert Binns as the History of magic teacher, effectively crippling every generation going through Hogwarts, despite the many offers from himself and others to take up the role, citing that the old ghost's purpose in undeath was to teach and that it would be cruel to take that from him too.

He had to entertain dear Walburga's shrieking about it for hours , while her coward of a husband ran away to discuss business with their son.

If that wasn't still enough, an extremist with delusions of grandeur, and the power to back it up had decided to take it upon itself to purge the magical world from the 'muggleborn invasion'. And the fool decided that calling himself a Dark Lord, declaring a war against the government and branding his followers were good ideas. The boy was clearly muggle raised if he thought that would work.

He blamed Dumbledore for that too.

A tinkling laugh, similar to a bell's chime, distracted him to his somber thoughts about his (one sided) rival and he looked lazily at the fairies playing among the garlands and trees, illuminating the forest with their ethereal glow. A bit further in the park, were a herd of white abraxans grazing on what he could recognize as high quality mandrake leaves. He immediately averted his eyes, the waste was hurting his potionner's soul.

He sipped on his wine, superior red, right from the Malfoy's famed cellars.

You might say what you want about the ermines, but they knew how to throw a party. Speaking of which, he saw the one who invited him to this reunion of the sacred twenty eight, the twenty eight british families who were, indubitably, from entirely pure wizarding stock from beginning to end.

Evan Rosier and his son, Edmure Rosier. Member of the twenty eight, rich, old family associates, objectively good looking, a good match for his Aife. Not that the other nine smokescreens he added to the least weren't also good prospects, but he knew his daughter. The Rosier family were known for their extensive botanical ressources, like the Gwallawg were known for their potions.

The both of them also now openly supported the genocidal maniac who fashioned himself a lord.

Still, that was an immense opportunity, because the father and son would soon disappear anyways. Which would leave an heir, or heiress, (he wasn't really concerned about the child's gender if it was magically functionnal) directly under his control.

The older Rosier smirked while his oaf of a son was too busy ogling the scandalously low neckline of Aife's dress.

"Dace Gwallawg , I see you received my offer."
    "That I did, sit, sit, we have much to talk about. Aife, would you please offer an old man's sincere felicitations to dear Narcissa ?"

The violet eyed blonde grimaced but a stern gaze made her obey. He was barely tolerating her dalliance with that mangy mutt of a werewolf and she kept it secret and acted as her status demanded in public. He couldn't do much about her choice in wardrobe though...
    The Rosier boy followed her like a lost puppy, leaving the two men alone.

Noticing his disapproving gaze over the youth's behaviour, the elder Rosier laughed.

"Ah, youth... Not that the legendary Gwallawg vitality passed you by." He nodded at his counterpart, alluding to his obvious lack of aging. " We are most surprised you did not take another wife. Any reason for this?" He sat down with a wine glass, looking meaningfully at the blonde who was sipping from his.

"Mostly? I do not have time for a wife. Besides, I think I will be even more busy when Aife finally shows her true colors."

Rosier senior snorted, rubbing his left arm.

"True, everyone will be busy, then."

Alexander raised an eyebrow, but did not correct him as his eyes followed his daughter, who was trying her best to evade the attention of the young Edmure. Besides, he was right, things would get busy.

March 20th, 1981 .
    Gwallawg Manor,Tanygrisiau, Wales.

In the dying throes of winter, a little more than ten years before the turn of the millenium, two people were having tea, ignoring the bleak weather outside, instead enjoying the warmth and light the fireplace at the other side of the lavishly decorated living room. One of them, an incredibly beautiful young woman, at the beginning of her twenties, sighed, before putting her porcelain cup on the plate sitting on the rosewood coffee table, staring instead at the man in front of her. Said man had a solid looking body and strong features, strawberry blond bangs framing intelligent, electric blue eyes that were analyzing her every move as he sipped the tea, hiding a smirk behind his cup at the look of triumph in her eyes.

"Your letter mentionned that new difficulties have arisen?" He began the conversation, ignoring the bitterness on his tongue and the slight burning feeling down his throat.

"Yes, Father." Fake politeness formed a mask on her face, as her eyes drank in him, hands fisting the periwinkle dress at her knees to try and stave off her impatience. The wood and brass pendulum clock to his right, near the room's entrance was ticking the evening away, only source of noise besides the cracking of the fire and pitter patter of the rain against the window.

"Why not start at the beginning, Aife?" He started the conversation again, drawing a slightly annoyed look from his daughter, who immediately schooled expression and smoothed the wrinkles on her dress, before looking sideways, her hand reaching adound her waist to play with one of her similarly colored locks.

Ah, he mused, she thought she was being discreet. How cute.

"Yes, Father. It began two days ago, when my husband" She spit the name like a poison, glaring at him. "Told me about a 'party' his friends and him went to. Imagine my surprise when I learnt that at the same time, there was a death eater attack, with the same number of participants, attacked and murdered the prewett twins!" She wal almost shouting at him by now, eyes full of 'righteous' anger. He thought she looked like she was crossing her eyes, made her look stupid. Well, she was an idiot, and really not as subtle as she thought she was, but that was not the point and might have been his fault in not being careful enough about whom he married, he supposed.

"I fail to see where I am involved in this situation." He pointed calmly looking at the opening door whil his daughter sat back, eyes open in almost fright, face suddenly turning ashen.

"My Lord, is everything alright?" A young, tan skinned woman with brown hair gathered in a bun and green eyes glittering behind gold-rimmed glasses antered the room, hand behind her back holding her wand at the ready, her black and white uniform rustling with her every movement.

"Sarah? What are you doing here, you're supposed to be apprenticed under Slughorn ! And.. 'My lord'? What the hell is going on here?!" Aife jumped to her feet, as Sarah the maid's expression closed off.

"Doing my job. Your father was kind enough to offer me a post here after my apprenticeship ended up in failure." She bit out, visibly upset and he sighed, before raising his hand.

"That's quite enough. Everything is alright, Sarah, just a conversation that got a bit too heated between myself, my daughter and her husband, you know how opiniated she can be. Edmure has gone to cool off a bit in my study." He answered easily, pointing at the door to the left side of the room, drawing a suspicious gaze from his daughter, but getting the other woman to nod and excuse herself. Sitting more comfortably and ignoring the steady numbing of his legs, he threw a glance at his daughter, signalling her to continue. Said woman seemed out of patience and leanded towards him, murder visible in her violet eyes.

"You knew he was a death eater when we married!" She hissed, trying not to attract anymore attention, eliciting a snort from her father.

"Of course I did, and so did you. Don't ever bother to deny it." He interrupted her before she could answer. "I gave you a list with ten candidates on it. Of all of them, only one was a death eater. You would have to either know, or be the kind of empty headed, shallow woman your mother is to only select him because he was the prettiest of the bunch. That, and there are your awfully accurate 'hunches', that look a lot like precognition, when you think about the bigger picture." Her already pale face whitened a bit.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She immediately answered, earning herself a raised eyebrow, before he huffed, letting the matter drop. "In any case, care to explain your visit here?" A twitch made his gaze go down to where her arm lay, and he saw brown peeking from under her fingers. It seems she was getting impatient. Letting his body spasm and blood flow through his mouth, he fell from his chair to the ground, a broken teacup laying uselessly, broken, next to him.

"What...Are you doing?" He choked out, cold eyes trained on her judgingly.

"Succeeding you, father." Aife answered, before getting up and walking away, waving her wand around and hanging a scrap of cloth against the chimney, giggling lightly and muttering under her breath "Gosh, I can't believe I pulled an Arthas of all things..." The clicking of her heels and the roaring of the flames were the only noises distracting the man rom his wet coughing.

Then, a smirk almost split his face, and his own wand appeared, twin jets of light hitting his daughter in the back as she was disappearing through the chimney. Then, a loud crunching noise could be heard. Dace's complexion got better, and his blue eyes regained their shine through his strawberry blond waves as he sat up, breathing loudly. As his back leaned against the wall, he spat, and a small item launched through the air, looking like a tooth that was hollowed out and broken.

"What a waste." He sighed, his long fingers searching through his pocket and fishing out a small blood vial. "I suppose I will have to try again. " He stated dispassionately.

There was a stillness in the air, until he got up, not minding the blood covering his front, and walking out towards the door. As he opened the door, a maid saw him and screamed.

"Dinah, be a dear and inform Gerard that my daughter isn't welcome anymore. The lounge is to be closed off, nobody enters." The stuttered affirmative was enough of an answer and his smirk came back. It seemed that this old man still got it.

Now, he pondered as he took in the scenery, he had several opportunities that presented themselves to him.

[] Be the higher person. Tattle to Dumbledore.
    -Leanings towards the Order
    -Increased reputation among the Order, save the Marauder faction.
    -Dumbledore owes you three favors.
    -Aife severly inconvenienced.

[] Take revenge, ruin them! Law is such a beautiful thing.
    -Leanings towards the Death Eaters.
    -Aife ruined.
    -Increased respect with Voldemort.
    -Huge rewards should the dark win the war.

[] One stone, Three birds, a baby. The birds may have been storks.
    -Remain strictly independant/neutral.
    -Aife humiliated.
    -Order of the phoenix and Death eaters hate eachother more.
    -Obtain Rosier Family's possessions. And an heir. Not necessarily in that order

Additionnally, he mused, as he began to think about how to implement his plans, one errant thought came to him, what did he value more?

[] Gender.
    You may choose your heir's gender once they are born.
    No bonuses.

[] Power
    Heir's gender will be decided by the dice
    May enhance one genetic trait of the child, or acquire one Tier 1 for free.

Finally, do you think you should call your wife?

[]Yes, you finally get to tell her 'I told you so!'.
    []No, her face when she visits will be one of your fondest memories.

I don't know what I'm doing ~ I don't even know if my depression will kick in again and I will remain in bed for months again~
    Well, I've got the 'world history' planned out already, so it may put off some of you, I guess, but I dislike the rolls dictating how the narration should go. What you can change will be what you character can change, but it's still one person, and the world is a big place and all that.
    I kinda chose to post on QQ to escape judging from SB and SV.
    Oh, and this is not beta-ed.
    Yeah, you're better off just not reading this.
    In any case. For those who chose to stay, welcome to my HP quest! There will be crossovers, but not ones I've seen around, and the crossover elements will be 'booster' to the HP universe, instead of the opposite. Difficulty selection will be mostly decided by your choices. Feel free to ask questions around the settings , however, I reserve the right not to answer some of them.

P.S: Vote by plans.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    PbookR, Dogsigh, thesoj and 29 others like this.
  2. Index: Character Sheet
    Nicaea

Current Protagonist:

Name: Dace Gwallawg, the Bastard of Wales.
    (dob: July 31st 1928) Age: 55 (post summer 1983) (looks in his thirties)

Diplomacy : 7+5+2+1+1+2-1-1 = 16

You know how to talk and to conduct yourself. You can interact with pretty much everyone without offending them. If it is on purpose however...

Stewardship : 5+5-1+1+2+2= 14

You know enough to maintain your estate easily.

Intrigue : 10+5+9+1+2+2+1= 30

You are one of the very best when it comes to moving along the shadows. Precious little escapes you at this point.

Martial : 6+5+2+2+1+2+2= 20

You are no slouch when it comes to combat, and tactics, even though professionals can beat you, it won't be without cost.

Learning :10+5+2+1+1+2+2+6+1 =30

You are well read, and leverage it to find solutions to problems most people wouldn't notice exist. Your prowess with potions is second to none.

Mysticism : 8+5+1+2+2+2= 20

You are rather powerful, and know a lot about arcane subjects, however, against people like Dumbledore, Voldemort or you own daughter, you will be found wanting.
    [Can be passed down] Genius: +5 all stats, +5 personal rolls, +30 Rationality
    [Can be passed down] Blood of ??? :+2 My,+2Ma,+2Le, +10 Crafting rolls,+10 Regular/Magical Combat rolls, Slowed aging.
    Bastard: -1 Di
    Elusive shadow : +2 Ma/Di, +9 In/ -1St
    Brawny: +1 health (hidden), +2Ma,+1Di,+5 combat rolls
    Manipulative: +2 In, -1 Di, may use Intrigue to pass Diplomacy checks.
    Erudite: +2Le, +5 Research rolls
    Diligent: +1 all
    Proud: -5 all social rolls
    Ambitious: +2 all, -5 social rolls with superiors
    Alchemist: +6 Learning, autopass potion rolls, +30 to alchemy rolls
    Just: +2St,+1Le: +5 social rolls with subordinates
    Wizard: +2 My, may use magic
    Mischievous: +1 In
    Apprentice architect: +1 Le

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    Danu, darkshard, Qeqre and 1 other person like this.
  3. Index: Social
    Nicaea

Social links:

An old friend you met in a pureblood function. She's rather smart and quick witted, even though she seems to hate your wife and daughter with the intensity of a thousand suns. A pureblood supremacist, you get along pretty well as long as you don't mention you are the biggest muggleborn employer of the Isles.

SL 3: Toujours pur: May call on the Blacks to help you, as long as it doesn't cost money, no favor owned.
    SL 6: Bound in darkness: Walburga opened up the Black library to you, +15 to research rolls.
    0/8 RP to next level
    An eager young man who seems to have misunderstood your employing muggleborns as you showing them their rightful place under a proper wizard. You haven't bothered to correct him.After the fall of Lord Voldemort, he appreciates your tentative to contact him, even moreso since you aren't a member of the cause. However, the fall of the Terrorist and the rapid changes of the world are chipping away at his beliefs, whoch, far from hindering him, in contrary gave him even more opportunities.

SL3: Goldfinger: +10 to Stewardship action rolls
    9/12 RP to next level, 20 RP banked until she recovers ( 10 saving her, 10 recovery actions)
    A brilliant witch, with a temper that burns twice as bright. Life wasn't kind to her, she lost her first friend at the teeth of Remus Lupin, her family to Voldemort, and her last friend to the Overlord. As a muggleborn, due to the societal conventions, she was treated almost like a pariah and her seeking out Dace was her last gambit, which paid. Despite her atitude, she cares a lot for him, their relationship as master-apprentice being the last meaningful link to the living that she has.
    SL 3: The Apprentice: Your experience as a teacher paid dividends, +10 to teaching rolls.
    3/8 RP to next level
    Your granddaughter, looks older than she is. You've only begun to interact with her and she seems to like you well enough, even if in her mind, she seems to consider Oliver and Narcissa her true parents.

SL3: Rosy cheeks :Your granddaughter is cute. You know it, she knows it, and the world is about to learn it. In case of social roll failure, Scáthach can roll one more in your stead if in your party.
    Your wife, best friend and confidante, all rolled in one. If the both of you were able to feel any romantic love, she probably would be 'The One' for you. In any case, you trust her absolutely, and despite all the posturing, so does she. For some reason, people see to think you don't get along but are too proud to divorce. In more modern terms however, your relationship could be summed up as 'vitriolic best buds' with a dash of 'friends with benefits'

SL3: Theater lessons: +10 to acting rolls.
    SL6: Contacts: Your wife being who she is, she got you a list of names. You will always find somebody for any need you have.
    SL9: Network. Remember that list of contacts? Well, she somehow swindled them into becoming an informan network. Rumor mill opened, no maintainance required.
    SL10: The Jewels of Elizabeth : Once a year, Elizabeth will send you a gem. This gem will range from rare to legendary, and will have unusual properties and uses.
    Enigmatic (read obsessed) wandmaker.
    0/4 RP to next level
    0/2 RP to next level
    0/8 RP to next level.

Leader of the Order faction, Head of the Auror Office. A competent man, his relation with Dace is a rather respectuous one, even if laced with no small amount of exasperation.

SL3: Hypocrisy : Some times, you have to interact with people you can't stomach. removes negative relationship modifiers to rolls.

Advisors:
    Elizabeth Gwallawg

Diplomacy: 9 + 3 + 3 + 9 – 1 + 1 – 1 + 2 + 2 = 27
    Stewardship: 1 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 10
    Martial: 8 + 3 – 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 14
    Intrigue: 10 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 24
    Learning: 8 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 14
    Mysticism: 5 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 13

Traits:
    [Can be passed down]Beautiful: +3 Di, +20 to social rolls against those who can be attracted to you, +10 to social rolls against the rest.
    [Can be passed down]Quick: +3 All Stats
    World renowned actress: +9 Di, +4 In, +2 St, -1 Ma, +10 to all social rolls.
    Magpie: +1 In, +1 St, Will need to roll to resist the impulse of stealing shinies.
    Envious: +2 In, -1 Di
    Diligent: +1 all
    Ruthless: +1 In, +1 Ma, -1 Di
    Ambitious: +2 all, -5 social rolls with superiors
    Gregarious: +2 Di, +5 Social rolls
    Witch: +2 My, may use magic
    Diplomacy 8 + 6 + 1 – 1 + 2 – 1 + 2 = 17
    Stewardship 10 + 9 + 1 + 2 = 22
    Martial 8 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 21
    Intrigue 9 – 2 – 1 = 6
    Learning 7 + 2 = 9
    Mysticism 5 + 2 = 7

Handsome: + 6 Di, +30 to social rolls against those who can be attracted to you, +15 to social rolls against the rest.
    [Can be passed down]Powerful: +6 Ma, +1 Di
    Half-breed: Veela: Immune to fire. (rank up to 'attractive' line trait)
    Branch Administrator: +9 St, +2 Ma +2Le -1 Di
    Adventurer: +2 Ma, +1 St
    Architect: +2 St, +1 Ma
    Kind: +2 Di, -2 In, +5 to social rolls
    Greedy: -1 Di
    Brave: +2 Ma
    Gregarious: +2 Di
    Content: -1 In
    Wizard: +2 My, may use magic.
    Loyal: After dropping out of school because of his single minded focus on magical animals, Dace caught him, threw him into his school and then sent him to his ranch. Due to the fact he got to live his dream, only extreme circumstances could lead Oliver to turn against his benefactor.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  4. Index: Possessions
    Nicaea

Possessions:

Gains:

-Animal (mundane and magical) Ranches: +45,000 Galleon (after salaries and charges), 1d6 Epic animal components/ Turn
    -- 1000 Employees, payed 544 G/t on average.
    Greenfire (Floo powder producers since 1930): + 10 000 Galleons/ Turn
    --200 Employees payed 500 G/t on average
    Potion shops 'Montmorency' in England: + 60, 000 Galleons/ Turn
    --500 Employees payed 550 G/t on average
    Medjica (Healing salves and potions): + 30 000 Galleons/turn
    --150 Employees paid 770 G/t on average
    'George's Inferno': +6 Sulfur /turn, +6 Mercury /turn

Spendings:

Gwallawg Academy of Superior Learning: -40,000 Galleon / turn, 1d6 Chance of producing a Druid, 1d100-80 chance of Loyal Hero Unit. (Muggleborn population: 95%)

Manor employee salaries: (50 of them, 380G/t on average) (Paid vacations/medical leave)

Salaries: Agatha (1 000), Jason Swallows (1500), Mad Eye Moody (1000)

= 82500 Galleons / Turn

78 600 Galleons
    24 Mercury
    24 Sulfur
    4 Crystal
    8 Gems
    0 Stone
    0 Wood

Skylight: A sapphire that seems to shine with an inner light. +10 to results if used to create items with [Life/Order] Attribute.
    Nature Anchor: Allows to soak up a zone with Nature energy, necessary to build a Rampart.
    Book of Air:
    Dragon Rearing book
    Dragon nest plans

Ingredients:
    10x Unicorn hairs
    Hydra venom
    Chimera heartstrings

Jobberknoll feathersx4 (Truth and mind potion ingredients)
    Unicorn horn
    Inventory:
    Cloak of Crystal: Gain 1 Crystal / turn (Value: 5000 G)
    Still Eye of the dragon +1 Troops Morale, +1 Troops Luck (Value: 2000 G)
    Quiet eye of the dragon +5 Troops attack damage, +5 Troops attack defense (Value: 2000 G)
    Pendant of free will: Immune to mind magic and hypnosis. (Value 8000 G)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  5. Index: Miscellaneous
    Nicaea

OOC Questions in reserve : 1 (Biigoh)

So! Once upon a time, in a merry land where poneys were prancing, sheeps were flocking and little birds were singing in the air, everything was well and fine, until one day, a dark wizard decided he wanted to experiment. As one could expect, this ended up badly for everyone involved. Enters a very nasty, brutal, cunning, and all other sorts of evil adjectives that can be rattached to an Evil man.

This man called himself, The Overlord.

This Overlord was minding his own business, terrorizing villages and smiting the forces of Good when he noticed strange explosions in his backyard an Did Not Approve. One unholy smiting and massive amounts of gratuitious violence later, he had a brand new toy that he decided to name The Hive, which created brown skinned, knife eared, malevolent abominations made up of a weird soul slurry. Not one to refuse free workers, The Overlord put his newly baptized Browns to work with extreme efficiency.

Of course, people objected, and mad scientists don't come in only one breed. As such, a particularly imprudent brown got himself captured and experimented on by some guy named Salazar (He's not really important), who noticed that due to their nature, they were unstable and prone to changes. Since that guy was on the definitely more morally ambiguous side of the spectrum after being kicked out of his castle, he decided to do SCIENCE! with it. After laying layers upon layers of charms, activated upon the demise of the current Overlord, Salazar's greatest (and ironically unknown) piece of magic took effect, changing the Browns into something more...

Enter the goblins.

After they appeared, the wizards scratched their heads for a while, because if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, chances are that it is a duck. Therefore, the Magical world ( yes, that includes centaurs, werewolves and unicorns) wasn't really enthused at the idea of keeping those midget killing machines near them and so, after the wizards decided it was too inhuman to simply kill them and be done with it, they led them to montainous zones, where their agressivity and natural penchant towards chaos could be channelled into more constructive projects.

A few centuries and several wars later, things are at a standstill between the goblins and the rest of the world, each side sizing up the other warily.
    But soon, this will be irrelevant, for you see, Evil always finds a way.
    Roll bonuses: 0
    MP: 0

I will award roll bonuses for omakes and fanarts and the likes (unlikely to get some, considering I barely even get players) and set it with a piggy bank system. Each time it reaches 100, You get an Miracle Point. People can choose to stockpile their bonuses to create 'personal stockpiles to use on their own, because MP need a vote to be used.

For example: there's a general stockpile and then, there' ThatOneWeirdo who's a filthy shipper, but a great and prolific artist, who decides that one Ship is for him and wants to dedicate all of his bonuses to make sure to get a crit each time grown up babeh interacts with the other member of the ship.

Using a MP on a decision will guarantee a crit on the choice it is applied too. In case of Nat 1, it will turn the critfail into a bare success.

???:???

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  6. krahe

krahe Versed in the lewd.

[x] One stone, Three birds, a baby. The birds may have been storks.
    [x] Power
    [x]Yes, you finally get to tell her 'I told you so!'.

Well, I'm always for showing its place to another self assured arrogant all-knowing insert. 'Pulling an Arthas', my ass, I don't see her damn sword throught our guts, that was a slapdash work at best

Will you rehost it on other forums?

Nicaea likes this.
  7. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[x] Power

8. Nicaea

'Rehost' as in posting the completed chapters? Or having the quest on multiple forums at the same time? I'm fine with the first, but I'm not sure about the second, different forums and all may make votes harder because of the general alignment of the voter base in said forums.

On another note, something I forgot to mention, you play gramps right now, but the true protagonist of the story will be the heir(ess) (Gotta roll that one too...), so there will be character switch down the line? I just thought it more interesting to have the babeh appear this way instead of thin air.

One major motivator fo this quest is my hatred for Self-Inserts-that-aren't-actually-self-inserts-but-actually-badly-disguised-sues. Sadly, stomping on things is no fun if they don't fight back, soooo...

Oh yeah, since I need to decompress because of my finals, you get two OOC questions about the setting, free of charge. Setting things on fire is bound to amuse me. I'll close the votes around Sunday, 10 am GMT to get this baby rolling.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  9. krahe

Well, it's a bit shame. gramp looks great, hope (s)he won't another reincarnation in the family
    Not really that important question? Sure, what path you'll go with goblins? Writers usually go into two extremes, either by ignoring them completely or making them able with a flick of a claw easily reform British magical government. I mean, sure, the banking system is a crucial part of society, but, honestly, I can't see them trying to aggressively and in short time leverage their influence ending well for anyone, starting with knife ears

Nicaea likes this.
  10. Nicaea

Well, unless you're interested in seeing all the super interesting things One goes through their life from one to seventeen, Gramps will be the major POV, barring exceptional circumstances. I worked hard on him so I'm making sure he stays and shows off.

So, the Goblins. That's actually a very interesting question, because it reveals one of the Booster crossovers I used. I could play it ambiguously, but it was asked fair and square.

*cracks fingers*

So! Once upon a time, in a merry land where poneys were prancing, sheeps were flocking and little birds were singing in the air, everything was well and fine, until one day, a dark wizard decided he wanted to experiment. As one could expect, this ended up badly for everyone involved. Enters a very nasty, brutal, cunning, and all other sorts of evil adjectives that can be rattached to an Evil man.

This man called himself, The Overlord.

This Overlord was minding his own business, terrorizing villages and smiting the forces of Good when he noticed strange explosions in his backyard an Did Not Approve. One unholy smiting and massive amounts of gratuitious violence later, he had a brand new toy that he decided to name The Hive, which created brown skinned, knife eared, malevolent abominations made up of a weird soul slurry. Not one to refuse free workers, The Overlord put his newly baptized Browns to work with extreme efficiency.

Of course, people objected, and mad scientists don't come in only one breed. As such, a particularly imprudent brown got himself captured and experimented on by some guy named Salazar (He's not really important), who noticed that due to their nature, they were unstable and prone to changes. Since that guy was on the definitely more morally ambiguous side of the spectrum after being kicked out of his castle, he decided to do SCIENCE! with it. After laying layers upon layers of charms, activated upon the demise of the current Overlord, Salazar's greatest (and ironically unknown) piece of magic took effect, changing the Browns into something more...

Enter the goblins.

After they appeared, the wizards scratched their heads for a while, because if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, chances are that it is a duck. Therefore, the Magical world ( yes, that includes centaurs, werewolves and unicorns) wasn't really enthused at the idea of keeping those midget killing machines near them and so, after the wizards decided it was too inhuman to simply kill them and be done with it, they led them to montainous zones, where their agressivity and natural penchant towards chaos could be channelled into more constructive projects.

A few centuries and several wars later, things are at a standstill between the goblins and the rest of the world, each side sizing up the other warily.
    But soon, this will be irrelevant, for you see, Evil always finds a way.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Jdub1597, Kerfirou and Corvus 501 like this.
  11. Lydia

Lydia Versed in the lewd.

[x] Power

Nicaea likes this.
  12. Threadmarks: Prologue 1
    Nicaea

Prologue 1 : A murder mystery tea party (2)

Well then, he shook his head, pocketing the blood vial, first thing first was to ensure the family line wouldn't die with him. He headed towards his left, where the door to his study was, and he walked in, whipping his wand out and waving it around, the silver and blue sparkles revealing a doorway directly in front of his desk. Without breaking stride, he went through the faintly luminescent portal, entering in a room that can only be called a dungeon.

Grey stone walls were bare, only brightened by shining white orbs who were casting a gloomy light over the shelves. In the middle of the room, surrounded by numerous circles engraved in the floor, was a golden cauldron, illuminated by the last of daylight peeking through a glass covered slit in the wall that was supposed to follow the travelling of the sun.

After looking at the bookshelf for a moment, he reached out for a specific book, one of the oldest looking ones, titled "that séo bóc drenċa" with a hard leather cover, and lots of useful and highly illegal potions within, and took it off the shelf. He flipped carefully through it, before finding what he was looking for and beginning to translate it from anglo-saxon to modern english.

"Hm. Easier than I thought it would be. Maybe I should have begun with that one instead of trying the natural way."

He waved once more and multiple bottles came floating, before a strong jab lit up the fire under the cauldron and the bottles started emptying themselves into it as a still green oak branch started stirring the mixture. Once the potion turned blue, he retrieved another three blood vials and dumped them together with his daughter's, the blood being his, his wife's and his goodson's. No sense in taking the risk of the child growing up to be like its sire after all.

As a fist sized red blob was forming in the middle of the cauldron, he wondered if he should try to tip the balance. After all, his was a family even older than the sacred 27, even if it was by another name, there had to be something he could use... The true surprise, however, is that it seems that his daughter meddled with the 'divine', that would explain quite a few things about her successes at love and war...
    One of his rare flashes of insight hit him, and he frowned. There were a lot of events in the horizon, if he read the stars correctly, and he wasn't thinking about that Riddle loser. For the Gwallawg to survive, he needed to put absolutely all chances in his side.

From Gramps:

Genius dc 85: Rolled 99 = Genius
    Blood of ???
    : dc 80: Rolled 80 = Blood of ???

From Gran:

Beautiful dc 75: Rolled 45 = 0
    Smart dc 75: Rolled 61 = 0

From Mom:

A face of a thousand ships dc 95: Rolled 96 = A face of a thousand ships.
    Legendary tier trait acquired! Attention roll :
    88 :
    The one who cherishes your daughter took notice of you, and she didn't like what she saw. Freyja patronage unavailable
    She who promises victory has taken notice of you and liked what she saw, Bonus to Andraste patronage if taken.
    Wrath of the North dc 95: Rolled 72 = 0
    Strong dc 85: Rolled 23 = 0

From dad:

Green hand dc 60: Rolled 41 = 0
    Animagus potential dc 40: Rolled 54 = Animagus potential

Hm, this dice roller is much better than the old one. I might keep it. And Babeh's gonna be a total Gramp's babeh. News at 11.

Genius: +5 all stats, +5 personal rolls, +30 Rationality
    Blood of ???: +2 My,+2Ma,+2Le, +10 Crafting rolls,+10 Regular/Magical Combat rolls, Slowed aging.
    A face of a thousand ships: +10 Di, +40 to social rolls against those who can be attracted to you, +20 to social rolls against the rest.
    Animagus potential: Average difficulty to become an animagus, only one form available, may turn one animal you own into a familiar.
    Artificial human: Your body is engineered to be perfect, however, it has some costs : -2 My, immune to diseases.

[x] Power
    Due to you having chosen power, you may choose to upgrade one of the traits inherited: There are 4 tiers: Uncommon, Rare, Epic And Legendary

[]Upgrade: Write one of the traits
    Or you can choose one T1 trait that wasn't inherited among the list below:
    []Acquire: write in one of the traits below.

Sturdy: +1 Ma
    Fertile I: +10% chances of having a child
    Green thumb: +10 to gardening rolls
    Morph: May change eye and hair color at will
    Swift: +10 Initiative
    Soft voice: +1 Di
    Powerful voice:+1 Di
    Tall: + 1Ma
    Clear blood: +1 My

Gender roll : 2

Congratulations! It's a daughter (Again!)

You begin with 10 points, you may choose any drawback or perks as long as the numbers are there, regardless of the extra genetic traits (rolled to inherit).

Choose perks:

Tier one: -5 points

[]Shrewd: This child is smarter than average. May evolve or disappear during childhood.
    []Brawny: This child is stronger than average. May evolve or disappear during childhood.
    []Clear blood: This child is a bit stronger magically: May evolve or disappear during childhood.

Tier two: -10 pts

Magical ancestry: The child is descended from an ancient creature, or previous experiments on the bloodline caused the genes to become a bit... Quirky.

[]Vampire: Get Night Owl (Every activity gets a boost at night)
    []Centaur: Get (or boost) Foresight
    []Siren: Get Mesmerism (ability to fascinate other people)
    []Veela: Get Pyromancy
    []Atlantean: Get Ancient knowledge (boost when uncovering ancient mysteries)
    []Mermaid: Get Hydromancy

Tier three: Legendary ancestry; -15 points

[]The sword that slayed the king.
    []Monster hunter.
    []The shadow queen.

Tier four: Resurgence of the Old World: -20 points

[]Andraste Reinforced by disposition (she likes your atitude)
    []Freyja (Currently hostile to you)
    []Ceridwen

Choose drawbacks: As in, things that will actively try to screw your life up. Needless to say, tier 3 onwards warrants a difficulty change to Hard mode. However, very good things can come out of it if surpassed.

Tier One: +5 points

[]dull: This child is a bit slow... May evolve or disappear during childhood.
    []frail:This child is a bit weak... May evolve or disappear during childhood.
    []Iron blood: This child is a bit lacking magically: May evolve or disappear during childhood.

Tier Two: +10 points

[]Vampire: Get Night's bane (weakness to light)
    []Centaur: Get Dionysus' curse (weak to alcohol, will be attracted uncontrolably to alcohol)
    []Siren: Get Birds of a feather ( Random avian physical traits will manifest)
    []Veela: Get Strong allure (People of all ages and genders will be attracted to you, the weaker willed they are...)
    []Atlantean: Get Ancient curse (There is a reason Atlantis lays underneath the ocean. Now that reason's coming for you.)
    []Mermaid: Get A fish in the sea (random mermish physical traits will manifest)

Tier three; Legendary ancestry: +15 points

[]The sword that chooses the king.
    []Wild Hunt
    []Luck of the Irish

Tier four: Resurgence of the Old World: +20 points

[]Sons of Rome
    []Ragnarök
    []Funeral rites

Now that the baby was cooking up in the cauldron, he turned around and strode back inside the living room he just left, closing the doors behind him. He took in the scene. Blood, poisoned tea, obvious traces of his daughter's presence, and a golden opportunity to get rid of two hindrances at once.

Would he dare?
    Of course he would.

He walked to his fireplace, pinched the green powder in a nearby pot and threw it inside the flames.

"Rosier manor. Hello Edmure."

A disheveled man's face appeared, eyes haggard, a right mess. He was drunk. If he had any say in this, which he did, his grandchild would never be raised by such a waste of a wizard!

"I was having tea, and I thought this would be an excellent time to meet." He put on gloves." Are you free? Excellent!" He moved out of the way as the young man appeared through the flames, before crashing on one of the plush chairs, too drunk to notice the blood as anything else that Dace's usual unusually colored dress shirts.

"Aife... She left..." He moaned.

"Yes, utterly terrible, here, have some tea. Did she say why?" Dace gestured the cup of poisoned tea Aife held but didn't drink from while putting a front of fake compassion.
    "That wolf" He growled." Damned half breed took her and ravaged her until she got pregnant with his spawn!" His fingers were clenching on the teacup and he downed it without question. Dace did not point out that it was more likely that his daughter was the one doing the ravaging.

Pregnancy would explain why she hurried her plans and tried to off him in such a crude manner. Poison? Against a Gwallawg ? Please, they were fed more potions in their cribs than most wizards in all of their lives. Dace listened to his soon to be deceased son-in-law, nodding at the appropriate times and plotting. Educating the child the correct way was the paramount, as was finding ways to temporarily block foresight. His soon to be disinherited daughter gleefully abandoned pride and family to follow that old dark lord spawning crackpot's views of what was right and wrong, and where did that lead them? -a dull thumping noise rang through the air- With a corpse in his living room , that's what!
    He finished his inner rant eyeing the still warm corpse on the ground.

He was starting to believe his daughter was a bit dumb. Hmmm, better make it so the baby avoids Ravenclaw..

Now that he thought about it, wasn't he forgetting something?

Screaming... Screaming... Ah!

After running to back to his lab, he got a one or two years old toddler out of the cauldron, clothed it and brought it back to the lounge..

He then looked down at the child napping in his arm, and lifted its robe.

Oh dear, another girl.

After the fifth minute passed and he was sure Rosier was dead, he put the baby to sleep in a corner of the room and flooed his next guest. Putting on a harried expression, he spoke throught the fire.

"Walburga, I have terrible news."

The beautiful, but inbred woman looked worriedly at him.

"Altair ? What happened? No, don't tell me!" Her face switched to horror. "Your daughter did as Sirius! Let me in right now!" She was looking ready to storm in immediately.

"I'm sorry Walburga, but I cannot in good conscience let you in. I need you to call Lucius so that he can contact the aurors... Only my knowledge saved me from her parting gift, I am afraid poor Edmure did not survive."

Walburga's mouth dropped, before she howled in fury, alerting her house's denizens. Dace waited patiently, enjoying the mayhem, and soon enough, he was hosting the Blacks, Lucius Malfoy and auror Rufus Scrimgeour in this very same living room, casting spells around furiously. A small sniffle made everyone turn around, and they stared at the toddler currently tucked in a crib on the far end of the room that he remember to take off the cauldron before it became too cooked. It was very awkward.

"The only good news is that with the breach of contract, I get to be my granddaughter's guardian as well as disinherit.... Her." He finished with disdain as the Black matriarch was stealing the contract he produced from his hands and Narcissa was cooing at the little girl, gathering her up in her arms.

It was at this moment that Rufus cleared his throat.

"It seems that indeed, there was a double murder attempt. I'm sorry for doubting you, Mr.Gwallawg, but procedure is procedure." Dace nodded, smiling insincerely.
    "Don't worry, she will get her due." The young blonde man said, a worrying light entering his eyes. And as soon as it appeared, it disappeared as Rufus coughed and glared at the blond in warning.
    " Expect another auror to ask you a few questions, but you shouldn't have any problems." He finished, before waving his wand, making the teaset, bloodstains and fake tooth fly up with him and storing them methodically in a multi compartmented box. Then, he threw a pinch of floo powder in the fire , calling out 'Auror division' and disappearing in an emerald flash.

Edmure and Lucius were good friends in Riddle's little band of misfits. He forgot. Not. Have fun, daughter dearest.

After a lull in the conversation, in which Narcissa sated her motherly instincts after her recent miscarriage, he spoke up again with a solemn face.

"This isn't the only piece of news, I'm afraid." He announced, making the women and the man look at him. " Edmure had to hear from her, she was gallivanting with that werewolf Lupin. "There was a shocked gasp from Walburga." And she is currently carrying his spawn inside of her."

"Oh my god." whispered Narcissa with a disgusted expression, holding the frilly grey robe clad baby ( he'd have to find it a name soon) against her bosom, as if to protect it from the words she was hearing.

"You understand why I do not wish that known."Alexander nodded somberly, congratulating himself for letting his wife drag him to those acting classes. "As any father would, I cared for Aife. Her almost murdering me and killing her husband changed that, but this child is my blood. it is too young and innocent to be faced with the atrocities its mother committed. Narcissa." The woman looked up at him. " I'm afraid I will be very occupied for the next days, and will have no time to devote to such a young child. If I could trouble you..."

"Yes." She answered immediately with a bright smile, making her husband preen proudly. God save him from young idiots in love. Then, she spoke up again. " I can't seem to remember, but what is the child's name?

Choose the babeh's name:

[]A name for a graceful person
    []A name fit for a Queen
    []A strong name
    []A name for one shrouded in the dark
    []A name for one who sees more
    []A write in (must be celtic in origins):

"Hmph, a proper name in any case. Hopefully, a non french name will keep her from becoming a diseased harlot like her mother!" She then looked at Dace before continuing hurriedly. " Not to offend you, my lord, but that hussy clearly inherited her personality from her mother. That's why I keep telling you to remarry..."

And so, a murder investigation/political assassination turned into a matchmaking session. Leave it to Walburga to kill the mood.

In any case, he needed to buy another fake tooth posthaste!

Once the situation calmed down, he sat down for a minute, enjoying the smugness that always accompanied a well executed plan, before noting something was off. There was something... Lacking. Then, he got up from his plush chair (which he secretly dubbed his throne) and looked to the wood and brass contraption on the side of his oaken desk. Now, how did that thing work again?

With slightly hesitating moves, he extended his hand towards the wire linking the two pieces of the machine together, pinched it between two fingers and raised his hand slowly, leading the strange handle to rise in the air. He grabbed it with his other hand, while his first let go of the wire and opened one of the desk's drawers, getting a small notebook out and flipping the page, until his finger stopped on one particular line. After scanning the numbers, he let go of the book, and moved his fingers above the numbered buttons on the 'Telephone'. He then put the item near his ear and waited.
    And waited...
    And waaaaited...
    He was seriously considering just turning her favorite dress into a peacock and setting it on her when she finally answered.

"Why are you calling me now, you know I'm working!" The sweet voice of his beloved wife rang through the air, and he thought about his answer for a second, before realizing there really was only one way to announce the good news.

"Your daughter murdered her husband and ran off with a werewolf. Oh, and you're a grandmother, by the way."

"What?!" Yes, that was pretty much how he expected her to react to it. Now to make a tactical retreat before she exploded at him...

"Okayloveyoubye-"

"Don't you dare end that call Dace Altair Gwallawg or I swear to God I will turn you into a salmon and feed you to Marshall!"

The full name huh, she might actually be taking the situation seriously for once.

"Well, if you insist, Honey, your daughter sold herself for money, then tried to renege on it, probably discovered what were the clauses on the marriage contract and decided to resort to murder; then ran off with her ex-bully werewolf lover. A child may or may not have been conceived on the way, and I'm apparently now best friends with Lucius Malfoy."

There was a long period of silence, then she answered, her voice sounding calm.

"I don't know how, and I don't know why, but somehow, this is all your fault."

"Now now." He interrupted smoothly." I'm not the one who left their impressionable daughter with somebody completely incapable of raising a child alone." The fact that there was nothing to raise because they wouldn't even acknowledge their new life as not being the extension of their previous one went unspoken.

"So now it's my fault?!"

"Yes. " He nodded, ignoring the strangled screaming on the other side of the telephone. " I told you she'd either become either a serial killer or someone hell bent on world domination if she was left alone with me. You were supposed to be the responsible parent!"

Ah, this is what he missed. The sweet, sweet sounds of frustrated screaming.

After being insulted for ten minutes by his beloved wife, she finally calmed down and told him she would be coming home to visit soon.
    Now then, since The child was currently doted on by Narcissa at Malfoy Manor, he had some time to devote on his favourite activity in the world, scheming.

What will you do for the rest of the month? (Choose two)

[]Get people on your side for the future trial. You're fairly sure the Death Eaters will vote for you thanks to Lucius, but you're worried for your reputation when Riddle disappears. (Can be taken multiple times)
    [] Prepare yourself for the trial. One does not trump veritaserum easily, after all. Especially since multiple people may choose to use it at the same time.
    []Have a look at your possessions. Creating yourself an heiress cost you an arm and a leg, considering your finances weren't too good because of the amount you gave Aife to support her club.
    []Work on developping your demesne. Regardless of the outcome, autonomy is the key.

About the family:
    [] Update your family status : (Trial hasn't taken place yet)
    [] Disinherit Aife
    [] Name the new child your heiress
    [] Do nothing for now

Gramps gained a trait!

Mischievous: +1 Int, opens new options. Being a troll is more than an unfortunate birth accident, it's a way of life.

Waifu is on her way, and she's pissed. Or is she? She's still your waifu after all. Will arrive next turn.
    SL Revealed: Walburga Black, Lucius Malfoy.
    Dace bio updated.

So. I ended the votes earlier, but meh, looks like thos options would win anyways, and I'm not sure I'll log in tomorrow.
    The dice are acting up, though not that much,you're still in the prologue and you've already offended a goddess. Stay classy Dace.
    Before anyone asks, yes, gods are in fact obscenely powerful wizards who became immortal that live in a parallel dimension to the one the Quest takes place in. Except that's a mouthful, so I'm calling them gods.
    Oh, and before you guys scream at me because no way Aife can be that dumb, here's a freebie : Intrigue 2. I rolled the base stats after adding the traits, she got a 1/10.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  13. krahe

So many choices, I'll go for maximum inconvenience for our insert

[x] Plan: Revenge is a cold dish, but that's a bit overdo
    -[x] Power
    --[x] Upgrade: Artificial human
    -[x] Choose perks: (10)
    --[x] Shrewd: This child is smarter than average. May evolve or disappear during childhood. (-5)
    --[x ]Andraste Reinforced by disposition (she likes your atitude) (-20)
    --[x] Wild Hunt (+15)
    -[x] Choose the babeh's name:
    --[x] A name for one who sees more
    -[x] What will you do for the rest of the month? (Choose two)
    --[x] Prepare yourself for the trial. One does not trump veritaserum easily, after all. Especially since multiple people may choose to use it at the same time.
    --[x]Work on developping your demesne. Regardless of the outcome, autonomy is the key.
    -[x] About the family:
    --[x] Name the new child your heiress

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  14. Nicaea

You forgot to input your choice regarding the genetic trait bonus you won from choosing power last time. (Just under the colored traits babeh's got. I even showed the rolls to show I'm not a filthy cheater who cheats.)
    Either you upgrade one of her traits, or pick one from the list. Upgrading the trait will cause it to have more bonuse. Getting a new one means there's a chance for it to grow even more. Traits can grow up to Epic, legendary can only be given or inherited.

15. krahe

My bad. Also, while I really want to milk our diplomacy for all it is worth, A face of a thousand ships ho!, I'm curious, what is an epic form of Artificial human? More resistance to diseases? Or is it a spoiler?

16. Nicaea

yeah, I was surprised you even got one of the legendaries, but it gave me the occasion to roll for what's happening 'behind the scenes' in a reasonable manner. Such as gramps using a ritual to steal some of her favoured champion's essence without her say so. As for the modded forms...:

Genius: +5 all stats, +5 personal rolls, +30 Rationality =
    Prodigy: +7 all stats, +10 personal rolls, +50 Rationality, get hints of thing to come should event rolls go under 10 or over 90 (very bad and very good respectively)

Blood of ???: +2 My,+2Ma,+2Le, +10 Crafting rolls,+10 Regular/Magical Combat rolls, Slowed aging.=
    Blood of ???: +2 all stats, +10 Crafting rolls,+10 Regular/Magical Combat rolls,Slowed aging, may craft one legendary tier item during lifetime, ???. (I'm thinking excalibur, its sheathe, durandal with its 3 miracles, amalthea's horn of abundance and pelt (the Aegis) and the likes, not something as crummy as Gryffindor's sword or Slytherin's locket, who barely make it to Epic because [spoilers])

A face of a thousand ships: +10 Di, +40 to social rolls against those who can be attracted to you, +20 to social rolls against the rest.
    Already maxed out

Animagus potential: Average difficulty to become an animagus, only one form available, may turn one animal you own into a familiar.
    Druid: Easy to become an animagus. 3 forms available, may turn one animal you own into a familiar, may communicate with any animal you encounter.

Artificial human: Your body is engineered to be perfect, however, it has some costs : -2 My, immune to diseases.
    Proto-Human: Sometimes, older is better, if legends are true. Immune to disease, +20 to resistance against magic

A word of warning though, upgrading a genetic trait in game will be horribly hard and will require at the very least a Critroll to start thinking about it.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  17. krahe

Mmm, if poisons fall under diseases it's really useful. Thought of course it's useful, it's not called epic for a nice shade of light purple, probably should take an upgrade than a generic trait that we could get as the game goes

18. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Plan Bii
    [X]A name fit for a Queen

[X] Power
    [X]Upgrade: Blood of ???

[X]The sword that slayed the king.
    [X]The shadow queen.
    [X]Centaur: Get Dionysus' curse (weak to alcohol, will be attracted uncontrolably to alcohol)
    [X]Veela: Get Strong allure (People of all ages and genders will be attracted to you, the weaker willed they are...)

[X] Prepare yourself for the trial. One does not trump veritaserum easily, after all. Especially since multiple people may choose to use it at the same time.
    [X]Have a look at your possessions. Creating yourself an heiress cost you an arm and a leg, considering your finances weren't too good because of the amount you gave Aife to support her club.

[X] Name the new child your heiress

Nicaea likes this.
  19. krahe

@Nicaea Wait, we can upgrade genetic from epic to legendary? Isn't it a little too op?

20. Nicaea

Hmmm, you heard qbout that saying 'give Frodo a lightsaber, give Sauron a deathstar'? Well, that.
    You can only upgrade from Epic to legendary in unique situations, such as accidentally using a goddess' essence through her champion to create an entirely new lifeform with another goddess' help. In other words, only one time in htis quest. (I've already rolled and the only other opportunity has become closed already)
    Besides, Aife has currently 2 Legendary GENETIC traits, however, I'll tell you right now, she has more in reserve.
    Oh, and, there are more players too than Freyja and Andraste.
    So, no, this isn't OP at all.
    BTW Biigoh, have you thought about your OOC question yet?

krahe likes this.
  21. krahe

Damn broken inserts, should have picked Death Eaters option, on the other hand it could have just as easily ended in "I tried to install a purist regime, but all I got is this lousy Mark"

Nicaea likes this.
  22. Nicaea

Funny you talk about them.
    It's not ooc because gramps knows of it, but due to [Spoilers], this Voldemort has currently other cats to skin. Namely who the heck is the prophecy child who will kill him. Outside forces want this to happen, and th oposing foces are jst too weak to keep it from happening, soooo. Yeah, Afaic, you guys chose a boat that won't sink immediately. More on that soonish (after you guys decide on something for your votes).
    HA HA HA HA HA

23. Lydia

Lydia Versed in the lewd.

[X] Plan Bii

24. Nicaea

Playing it safe, are we? Well, if nothing else, this has an interesting synergy.

25. shanagan

shanagan Versed in the lewd.

[X] Plan Bii

26. Threadmarks: Prologue 2
    Nicaea

And the winner is... Plan Bii
    [X] Plan Bii
    [X]A name fit for a Queen

[X] Power
    [X]Upgrade: Blood of ???

[X]The shadow queen.
    [X]Centaur: Get Dionysus' curse (weak to alcohol, will be attracted uncontrolably to alcohol)
    [X]Veela: Get Strong allure (People of all ages and genders will be attracted to you, the weaker willed they are...)

[X] Prepare yourself for the trial. One does not trump veritaserum easily, after all. Especially since multiple people may choose to use it at the same time.
    [X]Have a look at your possessions. Creating yourself an heiress cost you an arm and a leg, considering your finances weren't too good because of the amount you gave Aife to support her club.

Event roll: Nat 100 (it begins... It BEGINS!)
    (Sub roll: 14)
    (Sub roll: 13)
    (Yeah... That's about as broken as I expected it to be.)

March 21st , 1981, Welsh ministry of Magic, Cardiff, 3,50 P.M.

The wait wasn't long, after all, he did floo and set a time five hours in advance. Still, he had to wait some, and his eyes were scanning the hall. It was pretty different from the English ministry in that it was less lavish and more practical. They had rows upon rows of floo chimneys and to the right, he could spy an owlery. The floor was made of polished white granite and the walls lined up with white limestone. On the ceiling, he could see hanging spheric silver cages holding shining blue crystals, that made the fairies outside flutter around them, trying to get in. The atmosphere was colder, but definitely more magical. And there wasn't that gaudy golden fountain here, so that was always a plus in his book.

"Boss? You're here?" A heavily (too heavily) australian accented voice made him look on the right from where he was sitting, in time to see a tall, muscled man waving at him. The tanned skin and blond hair were familiar but where... Oh, yes, he remembered now.

"Good afternoon to you too, Oliver." he answered pleasantly as the man walked up to him in long, quick strides. It seemes he still hadn't abandoned his 'cowboy' garb, but as long as he did his job well, Dace didn't really care.

"Hey!" He raised his hand in salute, before noticing the child sitting on his employer's laps. Today, he managed to get his intended heiress back from Narcissa's overly affectionate grasp, but only because he said it was to declare her his heiress, and only after she bought her an entire wardrobe worth of clothes. He may have to do something about that down the line...

"You got another kid? She's cuter than the other one!" The blond giant kneeled and wagged his finger in front of the little girl, who beamed at him and caught it, squeezing it in her little hand, giggling in delight. "Who's the cutest little girl around?" An excited giggle answered him. " That's right! It's you!"

The australian and his granddaughter continued to be disgustingly adorable, attracting an undue amount of attention in the atrium, while gears in Dace's mind were turning. This went on for a while, until a young witch, clad in the midnight blue uniform robes of the Ministry came up to him.

"Mr. Gwallawg? " She asked, her eyes trailing towards the flexing biceps of the younger man, who was explaining to his not-even-one-year-old granddaughter the finer points of blue mountain panther bare-handed wrestling. She cleared her throat and blushed when she noticed the unamused glance of the older man. "Mr. Wallis is ready to see you."

Dace nodded, getting up and smoothing his dark green, ornate robes. He glanced at the australian man, who looked about to burst from excitement, and signalled him to follow. His heiress-to-be seemed disinterested in ceasing to act like a koala anyways.

Soon enough, the three of them were sitting in an office, Dace and the ministry official speaking about the specifics of the change.

"If I understood you well, you are intent on transferring heirship, but not disinheriting you daughter?" Mr Wallis raised a red eyebrow in disbelief, while Dace nodded regally.

"Indeed. The trial hasn't taken place yet. There may be an infinitely small chance that Aife was innocent and an impostor only took her appearence to commit heinous misdeeds. However, it also means she was compromised and as such, it is safer to transfer heirship to this little one."

The official, having been filled in the details of the events, looked vaguely impressed at his ability to say that with a straight face, before rubbing the bridge of his nose and getting another form to fill.
    "Does the prospective heiress have a name?"

"Why, yes, her name is Scáthach " The door opened brutally, revealing a beautiful black haired, violet eyed woman in her late fourties. Dace turned around and sighed.

"Elizabeth, I had already chosed Riannon for her."

"What? No grand plans of revenge? No setting daughter against mother? No country destroying anger?" She asked flamboyantly, waving her wand and sitting down on a newly appeared chair.

Dace shared a commiserating look with Wallis and shook his head.
    "Ignoring the fact most of those are felonies, the name you're looking for is Mordred."

"Well, you're a boring man! You, scribe!" She pointed dramatically at the official, making him startle." her name is henceforth Scáthach and I shan't take no for an answer!"

[X]A name fit for a Queen. Due to synergy with [X]Upgrade: Blood of ??? and [X]The shadow queen, a new possibility appeared.

[] Fight her about the name : Elisabeth is disappointed and will likely take her revenge, the child is called Riannon.???
    [] Don't fight her about it: Elisabeth is pleasantly surprised and will likely do something good for you, the child is named Scáthach.???

In any case, you got your diplomatic advisor back!

As she sidled up to you, she slipped something in your hand discreetely. Further inspection will reveal that it was a famous ethiopian sapphire that disappeared a few months ago.

Gained: Skylight : A sapphire that seems to shine with an inner light. +10 to results if used to create items with [Light] Attribute.

Once you went back to the manor, Elizabeth started looking around, criticizing your decoration choices, while Oliver finally approached you about the subject of his visit.
    Learning+Intrigue Check: 50 Result : 53.
    You had a good idea of what he wanted.

Wales is a country famous for its dragon population, relative to its size. Welsh greens can be found almost everywhere, and it's hard for the ministry to keep them under control. However, this year, the green have progressively retreated from their usual territories into the snowdonia mountain range. This could only mean one thing. Y Ddraig Aur was about to be born. The event that happened one time in a thousand years, the legendary Dragon that inspired Uther to create his banner and give it to his rapechild. It came 400 years early, so no wonder there wasn't more noise about it.

Looking at the massive puppy eyes from the australian man, he wants you to fund the expedition, or even help, yourself.

This will be risky, even with proper preparation, but dragons are hoarders, and you never know what wonders you can find there.

[]Fund it: Will unlock the Mythic Preserve event chain.
    -[] 1000 Galleons : Basic Adventure Equipment : +10 Success chances
    -[] 4000 Galleons : Good Adventure Equipment : + 40 Success chances
    -[] 8000 Galleons : Excellent Adventure Equipment (Can be used 3 times): +80 Success chances, +20 to loot roll
    [] Don't fund it
    Additionnally:
    [] Get involved. You haven't done it for years, but skulking around in the dark is still one of your greatest strengths. And half of it consisted in running away at the right time anyways. +10 to succes chances, +20 to loot roll, depending on equipment, low to high chances of injury. (May not be taken with Represent yourself)

In any case, Oliver was getting tired of Australia and decided to stick around for a few years. It looks like he took a shine to your granddaughter, which assuages your concerns regarding some traits she exhibited.

It looks like you've gotten yourself a Stewardship advisor.

After those distractions were dealt with, Dace needed to go back to work. This work being his current masterplan : "Neuter his daughter and her pet mutt while coming out of it smelling like roses."

Of course, first of all, he needed to take a look at the organized mess he called his study to see where he stood. After a few hours of cursing, papercuts and stubbed toes, he finally held the accurate numbers in his hands:

Gains:

-Animal (mundane and magical) Ranches : +45,000 Galleon (after salaries and charges), 1d6 Epic animal components/ Turn
    -- 1000 Employees, payed 544 G/m on average.

Potion shops 'Montmorency' in England: + 50, 000 Galleons/ Turn
    --500 Employees payed 502 G/m on average

Spendings

Gwallawg Academy of Superior Learning : -25,000 Galleon / turn , 1d6 – 3 Chance of Loyal Superior Unit, 1d100-95 chance of Loyal Hero Unit. (Muggleborn population : 95%)

Lease: 20,000 Galleons/turn (10 turns left)

Maintainance, taxes, salaries of the manor: 18,900 Galleons/turn (50 of them, 376 G/T on average)

Order funding: 20,000 Galleons/turn.

= 11,100 Galleons / Turn

Current funds: 15,000 Galleons

Well, he knew what was going to happen now:

Order of the Phoenix funds : Choose one:

[] End payments: Aife betrayed the contract, you no longer need to uphold it.
    [] Reduce them: While she betrayed it, the Order does have its uses in keeping Voldemort and his goons occupied. You'll express your displeasure with a budget cut though. Usually works.
    [] Do nothing: It shouldn't last very long anymore, and will build good will.

His secret stash of rare ingredients has been wiped clean, to his deepest regret, however, needs must, and he shook his head, dropping the sapphire in it, the small echo tearing at his heart. However, this would serve as motivation :

Whatever happened with his ungrateful daughter would not happen with his granddaughter.

On another note, as he was brooding bloody vengeance for the insult and years wasted, he heard a tapping noise at his door. As he called out for them to enter, he saw Sarah the maid, with dark circles underneath her eyes, and an owl on her arm. Now, why would she...

Ah, yes, she was here two nights ago. Excellent.

Schooling his features in a more compassionate mask, he signalled the young woman to sit in front of him, which she did, her hands folded neatly on her lap holding a crumpled letter.

"May I ask what worries you, miss Green?" He started, causing the younger woman to look up at him.

"It's... You know..." She looked away, biting her lip. "I knew her at school, and she wasn't that bad... It's just... Oh, seriously!" She suddenly broke out of her reserve, getting up violently off her chair and starting to pace around, causing the owl to fly away with an offended hoot. "What kind of idiot goes around poisoning people when there are witnesses?! It's like she didn't even try!"

That... Surprised him. He'd have thought she would be more shocked about his friend from school turning out to be a murderess.

"Does she even know how hard to is to clean up those bloodstains? No, of course not, she always, always had people cleaning up for her, even at school! "

Then again, Sarah Green was in the peculiar situation of being a muggleborn in Slytherin... No wonder that poor quality plotting offended her sensibilities...

"And don't get me started on her gang of.. Of... Hooligans! She ran around with! 'Oh, noes, we almost murdered someone, oopsies, it's toooootally not our fault~' or even 'Ah, well, she's a Slytherin, her pureblood parents can afford to pay for her supplies, it's not as if that twenty foot long paper on the uses of dragon blood for Professor Slughorn is important for her eventual apprenticeship or anything~' !"

That was quite a bit of bitterness he was detecting there...

In the end, the woman spent the ten next minutes venting and giving him a lot of easily confirmed ammunition to use in the trial. Then she remembered he was here and meeped, before excusing herself.

Obtained: [Marauder character testimony] [Eyewitness: Sarah Green][Evidences of misconduct]
    [Trait proc: Just]
    Hmmm, she was useful and passionnate, and besides some mishaps, her grades were stellar, perhaps he should do something nice for her?

[]Give her a raise
    []See if you can't find her a potion related job
    []Take her on as you apprentice

Now, though, you needed someone to play the accusation.

Choose one:
    []Hire a representant:
    -[] 1000 Galleons
    -[] 2000 Galleons
    -[] 3000 Galleons
    []Do it yourself: You are quite the orator, if need be (cannot participate personally to dragon hunting if taken)
    []Have Eli do it: She's good with people.(Available due to previous choices)

[X]The shadow queen.

TBC...

Pet peeve number 2 : Having the female mary sue romance the marauders as 'part of the gang'. I. Regret. Nothing.
    glares at the rolls with the yandere hatred Walburga has for Elizabeth
    Welcome to the wonderful world of pureblooded wizards, where you throw money at the problem until it goes away!

I think I'm going to give up and put on roughly corresponding animu images to help visualize the characters. Anyone against it?

This one is shorter because number crunching. That, and I've spent the 3rd thousand of words on other sections.

Still need some rolls before putting up Babeh's chara sheet. Turn should end in 3-4 posts, max.

As for Oliver and his dragons, thanks Nat 100-Sama. He wasn't supposed to appear before the end of the prologue when [SPOILERS]. So yeah, even MORE information and mechanics for you guys to assimilate. As usual, not betaed.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  27. krahe

How much money we actually has? And what are Eli's stats?

28. Nicaea

I do edit the informational sections to keep track of that kind of information.

29. krahe

Huh, she is good with people, better than us anyway

[x] Plan: I want to win the damn court case
    -[x] Don't fight her about it: Elisabeth is pleasantly surprised and will likely do something good for you, the child is named Scáthach.???
    -[x] Fund it: Will unlock the Mythic Preserve event chain.
    --[x] 4000 Galleons : Good Adventure Equipment : + 40 Success chances
    -[x] End payments: Aife betrayed the contract, you no longer need to uphold it.
    -[x] See if you can't find her a potion related job
    -[x] Have Eli do it: She's good with people.(Available due to previous choices)

30. shanagan

shanagan Versed in the lewd.

[x] Plan: I want to win the damn court case