1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

History Exporting from Firefox

Discussion in 'General' started by Heaven Canceler, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

So, I just discovered that Kissmanga and Anime are dead and while that in itself isn't too much of a problem, it is somewhat annoying that my bookmarks are all gone... mostly because I had stuff from ages ago in there..

I tried some tricks from the reddit to get the bookmarks from cache.. but that doesn't seem to work. So I tried the next best thing in hopes of at leat getting some names back.. basically trying to export my Firefox browser history so I could then filter out the kissmanga stuff..

The problem is that what I can find on the topic seems to all talk about exporting a specific file that can then be read by other browsers etc.. i.e. purely for importing it into other browsers...

Does anyone know if it is possible to actually get the files (i.e. actual links not a single file where everything is stored in it) out of the browser program?

Edit: Well I think I can work my way through the library/history as is shown since it lets you filter, probably would still be easier if I could actually export it as files. Still, it is doable even if this is not actually doable.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  2. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

You can export it to HTML though?

Yeah, you then can import said HTML to other browser, but you don't have to. Should be possible to read and find stuff from it.

It'll be somewhat 'dirty' because you'll get html tags and such, but it should be doable.

Just tried it, it is indeed doable.

Heaven Canceler likes this.
  3. Heaven Canceler

I mostly wanted it so I can filter out the parts from kissmanga, move them into a different folder and then work my way through them... I don't think that could be done with an HTML, meaning I may as well use the history mode in the browser itself. (I am alsos not sure if the HTML even exports history, the button only talks about bookmarks.)

Still, thanks for the help.. :)

4. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

I don't really know how to do it on Windows, but on Linux I run:

Code:
    $ grep kissmanga exported-bookmark.html
    Obviously, since I don't use kissmanga I replaced it with exhentai instead, but details. And it does, indeed, work.

HTML file is basically text file with annoying tags, so if you have anything that can filter text files, it should be able to filter HTML.

Heaven Canceler likes this.
  5. Heaven Canceler

Ah, I dunno what to do with that to be honest... I think you are my superior when it comes to dealing with this here.

I was talking about the feature where you show the library and push the "export HTML" button, it only seems to export bookmarks. At least that is the only thing I can find if I open it in a browser or thorugh open-office.

I have found something that kinda works.. in the form of MZHistoryView third party program that can read the file where everything is stored and give me something usable that can be exported as a txt file... it gives me a good overview.. though the sheer number of links that have accumulated since I last cleaned my history is daunting..