• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Which Universe do you want to be created?

• Total voters
The dialogue is so.... 2 dimensional and bland. Everyone feels boring and robotic. Like how they address people in full names almost all the times. No one ever really uses terms of endearment or nicknames even, they always just say full name or addresses them by their title, like I don't address my boss by saying "Manager Tom". Friendships and relationships aren't actually shown in those little bits of dialogue we get about that stuff its just kind of told. Every character speaks the same and acts the same too, and any antagonist like his ex-wife is played up and acts cartoonish asf. What I am trying to say is that the dialogue (and inner thoughts) feels insanely uncomfortable and makes me cringe a lot.

Thanks for the chapter
P.S. Paparazzi they never change, but hey you what would be real funny if Kazir Grey made the movie called " Paparazzi ", which should be ironic for the Paparazzi of course. As we getting vengeful actor venting on the scum Paparazzi, see if they talk sh**`now.
Hahaha !
Continue on
Cheers!

HWI 100
Hollywood What If Chapter 100

[Author's note: 100 chapters? Let's go...! I would like to thank everyone who supports this novel. Also, I want to apologize to everyone who sees my shortcomings. Thanks guys, I'll try to do better.]

Kazir faced the reporters. He knew that most of their questions were shitty and mostly meant to annoy him.

They wanted to see Kazir make a scene. Unfortunately, Kazir answered their questions without showing any nervousness or anger. It was as if he was not afraid of the media.

'The media can make trouble and spread rumors, I'll concentrate on my job instead. I have to make sure that Taken is successful.'

After Kazir entertained the reporters and paparazzi, he left the set.

They changed their location to shoot indoor scenes instead. They adjusted their schedule just to hide from the media.

"Are you okay?"

Kazir saw Scarlett with teary eyes. It seemed that she cried a lot, judging by her red eyes.

"It's a good thing you don't have a scene today. The make-up artist will have a hard time hiding your swollen eyes."

"Kazir, you are being rude!"

"I know."

Scarlett glared at him. But in the end, she sulked. She knew that Kazir had protected her earlier.

"Thanks." She said and looked away.

"You should keep being a sweet little girl so people will treat you better."

"I'll try."

"Anyway, why are you here? You should be at the hotel right now, learning from your tutor. The paparazzi don't care about people's privacy, so you shouldn't be around them."

"I went to visit Paul."

"Paul? Are you talking about Paul Arker? The driver who was injured?" Kazir was confused.

"That's right. Paul is a nice guy and he likes action movies. I heard he wanted to be an action star, but his short height is a problem."

"..."

Kazir didn't expect that Scarlett was actually close to the driver.

'Well, this brat has a good relationship with the film crew. She respects them... I wonder why she keeps bothering me?'

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Nothing."

"I went to see Paul because I was afraid he would try to spread lies to the media. This is my first movie and I want it to be a success." Scarlett muttered while wiping her tears.

"Don't worry, Harold has already taken care of that. You're a kid, so it shouldn't be your problem. I'm more surprised that you're so worried about this movie."

He hadn't expected that this little girl would actually visit Paul just to make sure there wouldn't be a problem.

"Of course. I want to be famous."

Scarlett wiped away her tears and stood up.

"Did your totur take you to the hospital?"

"Yes. She's a good person. I saw that Paul is in good health and left after. I was afraid to ask him not to betray us, so I left after visiting him."

"What about Karen and Judas from the Children's Association? Are they not with you?"

Kazir was interested to hear this.

"No, they are not with us. I heard that they will bring more people to make sure I'm okay."

'... I see.'

"Then where is your tutor? She was not with you when the paparazzi harassed you earlier."

"Karen talked to her and I had to go by myself."

"..."

Listening to Scarlett's answers, Kazir realized that the Children's Association was really doing its "job" well.

"As soon as your tutor arrives, you can return to the hotel. I have already prepared a car for you."

Scarlett's parents were busy. Kazir didn't know the exact story, but he'd heard from Salvatore Barlowe that Scarlett's parents weren't having a good relationship right now.

'Well, they're not in the set to take care of their daughter, that's enough for me to understand the situation.'

Kazir had no idea about Scarlett Johansson's personal life. He only knew her as Black Widow.

"Thank you." Scarlett thanked him.

A few minutes later, the tutor returned with a pale complexion. She was worried when she heard that Scarlett had been involved in an incident. She sighed with relief when she realized that Scarlett was fine.

"Miss Tutor, please take care of Scarlett."

"Y- Yes, Director Grey."

"By the way, stay away from the Children's Association."

"Y- Yes?"

Kazir didn't bother to explain. He watched as Scarlett got into the car and left.

'Accidents like this happen all the time, but this one attracted a lot of attention... Unless...'

Suddenly his phone rang and the caller was Agent Salvatore Barlowe.

"Salvatore... What did you find?"

Kazir's voice was cold and heavy.

[Three letters, WMA.]

Salvatore's voice was static, but Kazir understood enough.

As expected, this particular agency was still bitter about the mistake they had made.

WMA had a lot of influence in the media, and they could make trouble to Kazir.

"You know what to do."

[I understand. It's good that only one stuntman was injured. It could be problematic if an actor was injured. This kind of thing is easy for the CAA. Three days, the news about this will disappear within three days.]

Salvatore Barlowe had a strong voice at CAA after The Hangover. He had enough clout to talk to the PR team and influence this matter.

"Hm, that's good to hear." Kazir nodded.

[However, now that your filming has attracted attention, some reporters will keep track of you and follow you].

"I will take care of it. As long as they can promise to sign a non-disclosure agreement, I will let them join the film crew. It could be good for us too."

At least they got free publicity. They didn't have to bother paying money to the news stations and news publishers.

All they have to do is change the minds of the masses.

A few days later, Paul, the driver, showed his face to the media. He announced that the film crew was not to blame and thanked Director Grey instead. As a result, the news about the matter quickly died down.

Thanks for the chapter

P.S. figures it was the WMA company agency previously associated with Kazir Grey.
Scarlet is such a massive Yandere character for director Kazir Grey, but I'm overthinking with the media frenzy incident and the car accident.
So no worries about the recent developments, Kazir Grey has it taken it care of with Salvatore helping out and smoothly things over with the media.
Money talks,HAHA!
Continue on
Cheers!

HWI 101
[Shout out to Adjarho k!]

Hollywood What If Chapter 101

Filming resumed. To avoid the eyes of reporters and media, the crew decided to shoot the indoor scenes first.

Just as Salvatore Barlowe had promised, the news gradually died down and no one heard about the incident again.

Many reporters and paparazzi left and only a few remained. They were those who were interested in the movie, probably from Time Warner and News Corporation.

Kazir had been working with Warner Bros and 20th Century Fox. Those two companies didn't want to cut ties with Kazir because of Napoleon Dynamite and The Hangover.

Kazir is in charge of these projects. Specifically, he was responsible for writing the scripts.

Kazir Grey has already proven that he has a talent for writing comedies. The two film companies needed his creativity for the success of the two projects.

Well, they could hire another scriptwriter to fill the spot, but that would only cause trouble between Kazir and them.

The remaining reporters had a simple task. They wanted to see if Kazir's current project was good. They could also promote it. This was their way of showing kindness to Kazir.

Just as Kazir promised, he let the reporters join the film crew after they signed a non-disclosure agreement.

There was nothing big, but the reporters still wrote something about the movie to get people's attention... It didn't help much to be honest. The articles related to Taken were few, so no traffic happened.

After the trouble with the media was over, the trouble with the Children's Association showed up and took over.

Just like last time, they started asking for unreasonable things to make sure that Scarlett was not mistreated... Kazir didn't fall for this trick.

Especially when Scarlett was already irritated. She thought the Children's Association wanted to protect her. But instead she witnessed how these people made trouble for the crew.

She even had to apologize to Kazir.

"It's okay. We should concentrate on filming instead of thinking about other things. Call Liam and Eva. This is the last day that Eva will cooperate with us".

The scene was when the kidnapped woman was rescued by Bryan Mills who took her to a safe place. He asked the woman about his daughter's location, but the woman was also clueless, the drug still affected her.

Scarlett Johansson forgot about Eva Green after the incident. The two never had a chance to talk.

Just like that, the days in France slowly ended until they finished shooting all the scenes.

As the protagonist, Liam Neeson had a lot to do. He might be one of the most exhausted people in the crew, along with Kazir Grey, Harold, Renner and Fremont. They had a lot of responsibility and their jobs were difficult, so the pressure was real.

When the crew returned to Los Angeles, Kazir gave them three days to rest before resuming shooting.

They still had a lot of scenes to shoot, especially the first part of the movie. They were set in America and Kazir had to respect that fact a little.

Anyway, the crew did their best to control the budget and there were a few million left. If things went well, they would have enough to throw a wrap party.

"Salvatore, you're here."

Kazir paused when he realized that his agent was waiting for him at the airport.

"I have to." The agent shrugged.

"Salvatore!"

The little girl got excited when she saw her agent. She ran to greet him.

"Good evening... Ah, it should be morning here. The time difference really is a thing. Anyway, good morning Salvatore."

"Scarlett! I'm glad to see you healthy and active."

"Hehe."

Scarlett sensed that Salvatore wanted to talk to Kazir alone, so she said goodbye. Her mother was waiting for her.

"I'm sure you have something to say to since you're at the airport waiting for us to land."

"It's about the WMA, Vice President Lawlor Dean has been demoted. I think he's angry and caused this problem."

"Is that so? Watch their moves, I don't want another incident."

"Okay. Ah, I just remembered. 20th Century Fox wanted to invite you to the premiere of Napoleon Dynamite II."

"It's coming out this month?"

Kazir was surprised.

"Maybe you are too tired. Kazir, Napoleon Dynamite started shooting last September. It's already June, obviously they already finished the movie. You spent almost three months in France, so you're a little out of it."

"Napoleon Dynamite, huh? Tell them I'll be there."

"That's good. I have already found a few candidates to be your assistant. They all have good backgrounds. You can choose from the list."

Salvatore handed Kazir documents. Kazir opened some of them and saw their information and appearance.

"Okay, I have to meet them first before I decide."

Kazir yawned. He had no problem sleeping on the plane, even though he was in business class. However, he could not stretch his limbs without restraints, so it was not comfortable. He wanted to sleep more.

"Of course."

The two ended their conversation and parted ways.

When Kazir returned to his apartment, which he only used a few times, he noticed that there were some letters under the door.

He picked them up one by one and saw something interesting.

"Really? Just when I'm doing well?"

He shrugged. He obviously sensed this person's intention.

Now Kazir was not sure how to answer the letter. He had the feeling that it was useless, so he decided to throw it away. Maybe he should talk to his brother first.

"Napoleon Dynamite II... Let's see what the future holds."

HWI 102
Hollywood What If Chapter 102

"Next."

Kazir called the next person. At the moment, Kazir was interviewing every person who met Salvatore's qualifications.

Kazir was looking for an assistant to help him with almost everything... Well, he needed an assistant to keep his life going.

For the last two years, Kazir did nothing but work and work hard. He didn't have time to think about anything.

An assistant would make his work better. To be honest, it was a mystery why Kazir was looking for an assistant now. He was used to living his life alone.

Maybe he was still skeptical of people and had a hard time trusting strangers.

A few seconds later, a young woman appeared and greeted Kazir.

"Sir, I'm Erica Mendez. I graduated from California Polytechnic State University. I'm looking for steady work."

"It says here that you worked as a manager at a fast food restaurant for three years. Why did you quit?"

Kazir had her information on the resume. This information was real, and it was verified by Salvatore. He filtered everything down to her criminal record, if she had one. To make sure Kazir's possible assistant could be trusted.

The woman caught Kazir's attention because she had been in the military for two years before becoming a manager at a fast-food restaurant.

'I wonder why she left her last job.'

"I quit because the salary is not enough."

"Not enough?"

"Sir, I'm looking for a job that can pay me 6 figures a year."

Very straight to the point. Well, people work to get money.

"... And why is that?"

"I have twins to feed, sir."

"..."

Kazir was not used to this kind of conversation. The woman, Erica Mendez, answered his questions in typical military fashion.

"Drop the sir, just call me Kazir or Director Grey."

"Alright, Director Grey."

Even her posture was upright and perfect.

"It says here that you served two years in the military. Do you have any experience with firearms?"

"Yes, I have."

"Can you drive?"

"I can drive, I have a license."

"Okay. That's good. You are hired."

"Sir?" Erica tilted her head in a confused manner.

"You're hired."

"..."

Erica was confused at first. Then she realized that Kazir had hired her. Her eyes were shining as she recovered from her confusion.

"T- Thank you!"

She said and almost saluted, but she realized that it was not the right thing to do. So she bowed her head instead.

"Just go to Grey Pictures tomorrow and sign the contract. You can read it first and talk to your lawyer. As for your salary, I can assure you that you will be satisfied. Of course, you will have to work hard."

"Yes! Director Grey."

The woman's face beamed and bowed again before leaving the room.

"Looks like I didn't need to keep this interview long after all."

He signaled to the people outside that the interview was over. There were three people left, and Kazir didn't bother talking to them.

Erica Mendez was already a good fit for the job.

For one thing, she had military experience and knew how to handle weapons. She could protect Kazir in an emergency.

Second, she looked intimidating with the scar on her left cheek. She was also tall, about 6'3". She was slightly taller than Kazir.

Third, she was not beautiful. She was average at best. So Kazir was confident that he wouldn't be seduced.

Fourth was her answer. The woman had two children to support.

'It seemed that her husband had died in battle.'

Kazir looked at the information he had received from Erica Mendez. Erica and her husband had served in the military. He didn't know the exact details, but her husband died and she retired from the military. Then she found out she was pregnant and decided to keep the baby.

"All in all, her life story piqued my interest. It's almost like I could make a movie out of her story."

He chuckled. Well, making movies about real people was quite common. Lots of film companies did it. They especially love to make war movies.

The reason Hollywood loves war movies is to promote anti-war agendas. Maybe the military also uses war movies to catch potential soldiers.

When Top Gun was released, many young healthy men joined the military. It was no lie that Top Gun was the reason they wanted to join the military.

Anyway, Kazir Grey hired a secretary and she knew how to handle guns, a plus point.

'I know how to handle guns and I've been taking mixed martial arts classes lately because of my movie. Still, it's better to have someone who knows what they're doing.'

Without any anti-climatic plot, Erica Mendez accepted the job after reading the contract. Everything in the contract was what she expected. Her lawyer didn't find anything that could put her at risk. She was even happy to have two days off every week. Perhaps Kazir respected her as a mother working for her children's future. Kazir stayed most of the time the office.

In this regard, Kazir was a boring person with no life. If he was a main character in a novel, readers might lose interest in him and comment that the MC was boring as fuck.

As for her salary, Erica Mendez was shocked when Kazir kept his promise of a six-figure annual salary. She also had an annual bonus. There was also a clause that her salary would increase based on her hard work.

"Sir, this is our schedule for today."

Erica gave Kazir a sheet of paper and he read it. All in all, his schedule was a bit tight. The filming would start again tomorrow and he had to watch the preparations today.

On top of that, he had to attend the premiere of Napoleon Dynamite II on Thursday night.

"I'd better buy another suit."

He muttered to himself.

Thanks for the chapter

P.S . Yes Kazir Grey is at least self aware no Hollywood designs there, hehe( accreditation Simply Destroy R1

HWI 103
[Shout out to Jeff D!]

Hollywood What If Chapter 103

Filming in the USA was much easier than in France. At least it was their territory and they speak their own language.

The only scenes they had to shoot in the US were the first part of the movie.

There is one action scene, but it's not that difficult to shoot.

Now that most of the scenes have been shot and they still have $5 million in their budget, Kazir had a better time working. At least he was confident that there was enough money to shoot all the scenes.

After that, they have to go into post-production and edit the movie.

Since the first part didn't rely on action scenes, Kazir had to give way in the acting department. Fortunately, most of the actors in this part were experienced. Even Scarlett Johansson was able to keep up with the adults.

'If there's one thing that impresses me, it's Brianna Evans. She turned into a rich mom with one look. I wonder how much she prepared for that?'

He knew that Brianna was a method actor and that she did extensive research for her role. Now, just by looking at her, Kazir immediately thought that she was a rich mother. With her posture and facial expressions, he was convinced.

On top of that, when she had scenes with Liam Neeson and Scarlett Johansson, Brianna easily overpowered them.

But Kazir didn't want too much of that because Liam Neeson was the protagonist of the movie. So they had some NGs.

The movie only had one protagonist, the movie focused on Bryan Mills. Of course, Kazir didn't give Brianna Evans a hard time. He gave her time to shine as long as she didn't overpower the rest of the cast.

In fact, even Scarlett Johansson stuttered whenever she acted with Brianna. She was mesmerized by the woman.

Overall, everything was within his expectations. If shooting continued at this pace, they would be able to finish all their scenes in June.

"Then we can edit the footage in July."

Kazir muttered. His assistant, Erica Mendez, stood next to him. The woman watched the shoot with curiosity. This was the first time she had joined a production crew.

"What do you think? It's bleak, isn't it?" Kazir asked.

"To be honest, yes. I never thought making a movie would be boring."

What they were doing was shooting different shots that would last a few seconds at best. Then Kazir would yell cut.

Erica Mendez thought that shooting a movie was like watching a play. Where actors played their roles perfectly.

But now Erica was seeing a lot of NGs(No Good). Sometimes the actors would make mistakes and say their lines wrong. Sometimes the actors could not hold their expressions and laugh.

Well, the atmosphere in the crew was relaxed, and Kazir didn't like to put too much pressure on. Laughter was a common occurrence during the shooting.

This was different from what Erica had expected. In fact, they spent half the day filming Kim Mills' birthday party. This scene only lasts a few minutes in the movie, yet the crew spends so much time on this one or two minute scene... Then they have to tear down the set after filming is over.

'A waste... It's a big waste.'

Erica could not believe that the crew spent over $25,000 just for this scene. They even rented a pony, a small breed of horse, a real live pony to appear in the movie.

"Let's finish shooting for the day."

Kazir announced and the crew was happy to hear it. The shooting ended early today and they have time to rest or play.

The reason why Kazir ended early the shooting for today was because of one thing - the premiere of Napoleon Dynamite II.

"Sir, let me take you there." The woman stepped in.

"Are you sure? Will your kids be okay?"

"Don't worry, sir. My mom loves taking care of my twins."

Erica smiled. She was already grateful that Kazir had hired her. She wanted to work hard to prove to Kazir that his choice was not wrong... She wanted to work hard because she also wanted a salary raise.

"Again, just call me Kazir. You don't have to keep up this formality. I'm not used to it."

"Yes, sir - I mean, if that's what you want, Kazir."

He just chuckled and got into the car. He let the woman drive, as she was eager to get to work.

Kazir would meet Reese at the theater later. First, Kazir had to put on his suit.

He was the type who was not extravagant. In fact, he was very cheap guy. He didn't like cars, so he only bought one Honda. Well, Japanese cars were durable.

He didn't want to buy a house, and even the apartment he rented was rarely used. He had millions in his bank account, but he didn't bother to buy things for himself.

Still, he understood that appearance was important, so for this important day he decided to open his wallet and buy a $10,000 suit.

If this had been four years ago, Kazir might have cringed at the purchase.

Erica first took him to Grey Pictures. Kazir changed his clothes and put on the suit. Then he called the company's makeup artist to take care of his face.

Unlike the women, who had to prepare for a long time, the men could just get dressed. They didn't have to worry about their eyelashes, blush-ons, and such. As long as they looked good, they didn't have a problem. But it was different for women, they wanted to make sure they looked good from many different angles. So much so that they spent so much time in makeup.

"Let's go."

Erica stepped on the pedal and the car accelerated.

Since Kazir had an important connection to the making of Napoleon Dynamite, he had to be on the red carpet.

The entrance of each actor/actress was timed so that each could have their moment on the red carpet.

The first to arrive was the director, Hugo Lameire. He spent a few minutes on the red carpet taking pictures and being interviewed. Then the next actor came out and did the same thing. It all depends on how famous they were and how the reporters response on their appearance.

HWI 104
Hollywood What If Chapter 104

Kazir received a message that he had to take a limousine to the red carpet. It seemed that 20th Century Fox wanted everything to be grand. Kazir had to agree.

"Napoleon Dynamite didn't have a red carpet last time, so they're probably trying to make up for it."

Well, nobody expected a $500,000 movie to make over $250 million.

When Kazir's moment came, he stepped out of the limousine and waved his hand.

Reporters began taking pictures of him. He paused for a few seconds and stood still. Then, before he could enter the theater, he was interviewed by a Fox TV reporter.

"Director Grey, you are the first director of Napoleon Dynamite and you wrote the script for the sequel. How confident are you that the movie will be successful?"

"It all depends on the fans."

He smiled and ended the interview... He didn't like interviews very much. He knew some reporters who would go out of their way just to make him uncomfortable. They would ask controversial questions just to stir up the actors.

They were quite brutal. They had no respect for privacy.

"Kazir, I miss you."

Reese Witherspoon walked up to him and kissed him on the cheek.

"Yeah, I've been away for a few months. How's work?"

"The director is quite a bully. Hugo Lameire is terrifying, I prefer working with you."

She smiled and wrapped her arms around his.

"We can talk about it later."

"Geez, you really are serious in public. That's what I like about you, I want to monopolize your private side."

Kazir shrugged and walked on. Then he found Tom Rothman and director Hugo Lameire. The two were talking.

'If I'm not mistaken, Hugo Lameire wanted to make his own movie. But he has to make sure that Napoleon Dynamite is a box office hit first.'

Napoleon Dynamite has never had a sequel in the past. It had a TV show, but it ended quickly without success.

But now Kazir got to the point where he was writing the sequel. Frankly, he had no idea how this sequel would go.

This was the reason why Kazir didn't want to direct the sequel, because he was afraid. It was normal to be afraid, people have these emotions for survival.

Instead, he made another comedy movie to increase his chips, which was The Hangover. It was a worldwide success.

'I'm not going to lie, I'm a coward. I'm not going to make a movie that I'm not confident in.'

He decided to give full authority to 20th Century Fox and let them decide. He was only responsible for the script... Even the script was made by the heads of five people. He hired writers just to make sure it would not fail.

50-50 chance. That was what he deduced.

Tom Rothman found him and nodded. The CEO of 20th Century Fox approached him and shook his hand.

"Let's hope this movie is successful."

"Tom, you should be confident in your movie," Kazir replied.

"That is true. However, I will be more confident if you are the one directing it."

"..."

Kazir didn't know how to answer because he could see that Hugo Lameire had an ugly face a few meters away.

It seemed that Hugo Lameire was trying to talk to Tom Rothman about something, but Tom Rothman wasn't having it.

He was clearly angry. As if he had been taken advantage of.

'... Not my problem.'

This thing had nothing to do with him. First of all, Fox Searchlight Pictures chose Hugo Lameire to be the director. Kazir had no authority over that. So that kind of thing was not his problem.

'Although I'm not sure if he's looking at me or Tom Rothman.'

Looking around, Kazir noticed that most of the cast was at the premiere.

Ed Helms and Pedro Pascal also greeted him. The two wanted to see if Kazir was interested in making The Hangover Part 2. Apparently, Warner Bros was still looking for someone to take over the movie.

Ed Helms and Pedro Pascal knew Kazir was a great director. At least their experience with him was much better than with Hugo Lameire, who kept yelling like a bitch.

"I'll think about it."

That was the only answer Kazir gave. To be honest, he was not sure either. If Taken was no good, then Kazir had no choice but to keep making comedies.

'The Hangover Part 2 will start shooting at the end of the year. I still have time to decide.'

In fact, he was grateful that he had another way to sustain himself if Taken was a box office flop. He could go back to filming The Hangover Part 2 once he hit rock bottom.

Still, he only has to do Plan B if he has no other choice. He's not going to let Taken be a flop. The movie was successful in his past life, he just had to make sure it would be successful this time.

After the lights went out, everyone became quiet and sat down. They knew that the movie was about to start.

The front of the audience was filled with people associated with the movie, such as the cast and production crew. Behind them, the fourth and fifth rows were filled with fans and critics who had received premiere tickets.

"I heard that director Lameire has signed a three-movie deal with 20th Century Fox."

Reese Witherspoon, sitting next to Kazir, whispered and informed him.

"Hm." Kazir just nodded. He had no idea why Reese was telling him this. Was it related to the reason why Hugo was seething?

"I heard that Warner Bros is inviting him to direct The Hangover Part 2."

Suddenly everything was clear. Napoleon Dynamite and The Hangover were both comedies, but The Hangover had a much better audience response. It also had a better box office.

If The Hangover sequel was taken on by Hugo Lameire, it had a better chance of being a success. The Hangover was one of the top 5 movies last year. Its impact was much better than Napoleon Dynamite.

But because of the contract, Hugo Lameire was tied to 20th Century Fox for a few years.

That might be the reason why Hugo Lameire was glaring earlier.

[Visit my Patreon if you want to read more:]

- 115 advanced chapters of TOFD

- 89 chapters of MNPOTS(COMPLETED)

- 89 advanced chapters of RDD

- 107 advanced chapters of HWI

https:// www . pat reon. com /Puji_maki

HWI 105
[Shout out to jonathan b. and Cloudy!]

Hollywood What If Chapter 105

When Kazir heard that 20th Century Fox was interested in making a sequel to Napoleon Dynamite, he expected to be asked to direct or write the movie.

Since Kazir had no idea how the movie would turn out, he decided to take on the script instead. He avoided the possibility of failure, and that was not a bad thing.

For a person like him, his knowledge of the future was his strongest talent. Not his calm mind nor his strong memory regarding movies.

So Kazir decided to take a chance with the script this time... He was inspired by The Hangover.

In the plot he created, Napoleon and Pedro went to Las Vegas to visit Deb. They were older and had graduated from high school.

To be honest, Kazir had no idea what he was doing... The truth was that Kazir had no screenwriting talent. So he hired a bunch of writers to fill in the plot holes. He made sure that the writers had experience in writing comedies, just to be sure.

This is how the script of Napoleon Dynamite was created. Las Vegas had its bad side, but it also had a good side. Unlike The Hangover, where the movie emphasized drugs, crime and prostitution (sort of), the script of Napoleon Dynamite was mild.

Every few minutes there were comedy sketches and funny lines to keep the movie entertaining.

Napoleon Dynamite and Pedro Sanchez entered a casino and won a lot of money betting on horse races. Because of this, the casino manager noticed them and tried to cancel their money.

Napoleon and Pedro had no choice but to run to get away from them.

Las Vegas was huge and Napoleon found a place to hide. He was caught in a live TV show where he had to do dance steps... And he started doing those silly dances again.

He didn't know that his uncle and his brother were actually watching the show and they went on stage to stop Napoleon. It was hilarious, or so Kazir thought.

Since it was live, Napoleon became famous in just one day and the casino decided to let them leave with their money.

That's right. That's the whole plot of the movie...

20th Century Fox was actually skeptical about the script. Tom Rothman in particular felt there was another way to make it better. Tom Rothman secretly hired writers to do another version of Napoleon Dynamite II, just to be sure.

However, their suspicions were allayed when The Hangover was released.

Napoleon Dynamite II and The Hangover had some similarities, both were set in Las Vegas.

20th Century Fox decided to go with this script. They trusted Kazir's creativity.

"I didn't expect this to be the result."

Kazir looked around and found that most of the audience had a great reaction to the sequel of Napoleon Dynamite. They were all smiling, happy with what they were seeing. They were even laughing.

"What?"

He asked himself. In his previous life, Kazir always wrote noir and horror films. The seriousness and depressing tone of noir films. The terrifying shock and deafening scream of horror films. All of his films were either noir or horror. He never went into comedy or action.

When he wrote Napoleon Dynamite, Kazir understood that it was not his real creation. He just plagiarized it. He was a thief, a bastard.

But this time it was different. The idea was all his. Sure, it was inspired by The Hangover, but it was still something different.

Kazir felt like he was on to something big.

"Kazir, are you okay?"

Reese suddenly asked him worriedly, touching his arm.

"Huh?"

"You're crying."

Kazir touched his face and realized that he was indeed crying. In the midst of a long round of applause from the audience, Kazir shed tears.

June 5, 1997. It was Thursday night. Actually, it was almost midnight.

The summer schedule was always packed with blockbuster movies and the month of June was not so easy.

The heavy movies released today were Con Air from Walt Disney and Napoleon Dynamite from 20th Century Fox.

The two movies were released at the same time and it was obvious that the collision was going to happen.

"Kazir, I didn't expect you to stay. I thought your job was already over after you passed the baton to Hugo Lameire."

Kazir could not sleep. Not with this film attached to him.

"Tom, don't be like that. Napoleon Dynamite is like a child of mine. I want it to succeed."

Kazir glanced around the corner. He found Hugo Lameire sipping expresso vigorously. His anger was long gone and only nervousness remained. Right now, Hugo Lameire was hoping that the movie would be a hit. Otherwise, all the promises Warner Bros had made him would disappear. Everything depended on the outcome of Napoleon Dynamite II. So he was nervous instead of angry.

"Sir, the result is here."

"Give it to me."

Tom Rothman got the stats.

"$3.8 million. Not bad."

This was already within their expectations and Tom Rothman didn't have a problem with the result. After all, there was another heavy movie coming out today.

"How about Con Air?"

Kazir asked.

"It says here that Con Air made $4.3 million."

Con Air had Nicholas Cage in it, and his box office appeal was very strong at this time. Kazir was expecting this situation.

What neither Kazir Grey nor Tom Rothman expected was that Napoleon Dynamite's vibrancy would be strong.

June 5th, 1997. Friday. Napoleon Dynamite got $11.32 million, while Con Air got $7.21 million.

June 6. Saturday. Napoleon Dynamite made another $13.50 million while Con Air made $9.62 million.

June 7. Sunday. Napoleon made another $8.78 million. All told, Napoleon Dynamite grossed $33.61 million on its first week.

As for Con Air, it earned $8.08 million. For three days, Con Air has earned $24.91 million.

-- Pah!

"What's going on here?"

Michael Eisner slammed the newspaper down on the table in anger. He was furious.

Why was he angry?

Because the investment in Con Air was huge, yet it was being beaten by a small-budget comedy!

The production cost of Con Air alone was $80 million! On top of that, they invested $15 million in advertising!

"S- Sir..."

The secretary jumped when she saw the old man seething with anger.

"... Contact Kazir Grey and ask him if Grey Pictures is interested in working with Walt Disney."

He took a deep breath and decided to calm down. In his opinion, Kazir Grey was the one responsible for the film's success. Naturally, he wanted to squeeze the man's creativity before it dried up. Warner Bros and 20th Century Fox managed to profit from him, so why not Disney?

"Y- Yes." The secretary stuttered.

It was only the first week, but Michael Eisner already knew that the rampage of Napoleon Dynamite II was only the beginning.

Kazir Grey Napoleon Dynamite"movie comedy sequel gets public recognition, but it was a 50/50 gamble that payed off for Kazir Grey.

I wonder what Disney land movie Kazir Grey might give Disney to Mr. Eiser.
Is it lion king or something else by Kazir Grey ?
Im definitely thinking too small ,haha ?
Continue on
Cheers!

Kazir is likely crying because his original ideas worked out. He can still direct. He can still make his own ideas on film and work it out.

Sooner or later he be forced to make variations of the films he watch due to time periods differences like an actor being too young and technology differences for stuff like CGI.

Depending on the time period, Blade being part of the MCU can work wonders.

I do think making an fast and furious + John wick + crack/transporter film universe is amazing. And no sharing IP.

HWI 106
[Shout out to Wanja A., Marcelo M., and Chris C!]

Hollywood What If Chapter 106

"Okay, let's reshoot this scene. Harold, your expression is a little nervous. Just act like you are talking casually."

"O- Okay."

Fremont Smith was the one in the director's chair this time.

Kazir promised to give the man a chance to improve his skills. So far Fremont was doing well. He had what it took to control the crew and he was calm under pressure. He had chosen the right man.

Or rather, Salvatore chose the right person.

Fremont Smith was one of Salvatore's clients. The young African-American man had not yet reached the status of a director, but he had enough ability to control the crew.

If being a director doesn't work out, he can be a producer.

Well, everything depends on the future. One thing was for sure, Kazir was the type to make sure his crew would rise from the rank.

Right now, Kazir Grey and Harold Witsend were joining the cast as cameos.

There was a scene where Bryan Mills entered a store to buy a gift for his daughter. While he was there, Kazir decided to insert this scene.

"Harold, just think of yourself as an extra. You don't have to be nervous. We only have three seconds of screen time at best."

Kazir added.

"I-I understand."

"Okay, scene 1, act 8, begin!"

Fremont announced and the set fell silent. The films rolled and Liam Neeson entered the scene as Bryan Mills.

He walked for a few seconds and passed a table where two people were talking.

"Kazir, we don't have enough budget to add that scene. I think the car chase scene is enough."

Harold did his best to keep a straight face. He showed Kazir some documents.

"I think it's feasible."

"Feasible? We don't have enough money!"

Harold pounded his fists on the table.

"Cut!"

Fremont announced.

"Let's see." Fremont watched the shot again and found it worthy.

"Okay, let's wrap it up."

"Phew..."

Harold sighed in relief at the approval.

"You had 8 NGs. Not bad." Kazir praised him.

"Not bad my ass. Anyway, are you sure you want to include this cameo in the final cut?"

"It all depends."

Kazir was not sure, to be honest. He knew that Stan Lee had comeos in many Marvel movies... Kazir copied those tidbits as well.

"But what about our conversation? Why did you add those nonsense lines in the first place?"

"I'll just turn the volume down and mix it into the background."

"Okay, you're the director, not me. Sigh... I really want to get back on the props crew and make props again."

"Sorry, you're probably going to be in that position for a long long time."

"Just make sure my salary is right."

The producers could have a share of the profits, depending on the contract. Kazir would never betray his friends.

As for the cameo, he might have to decide once post-production started. If Taken became a box office hit, he would have to do cameos to keep the audience entertained.

'When I saw Black Panther in the theater, the audience started screaming with joy when they saw Stan Lee's cameo in the casino. I hope to get that reaction.'

There was a trend in the MCU to find Stan Lee's cameo in every movie.

'I'm not sure which movie Stan Lee's cameo started, but it's really entertaining.'

After their cameo scene ended, Kazir took over the director's chair and resumed filming. They only had to shoot a few scenes and the filming would be over. Maybe in two weeks they could start post-production.

The crew have enough money to hire an editor and a sound director. Maybe they could hire a movie composer along the way. Although it would be impossible to hire Hans Zimmer. The budget was not enough...

'Harold is definitely not lying when he says that the budget is not enough.'

Kazir chuckled.

"Kazir, there's someone trying to contact you."

Erica Mendez was holding a phone. This was a business phone for people who wanted to inquire about Kazir.

"Who is it this time?"

Based on Kazir's question, this was not the first time this had happened.

Today, more than three people contacted him about his script. Some of them wanted to hire him as a screenwriter or director for their upcoming movies. However, all the projects were comedy related. Kazir's talent for comedy was cemented after Napoleon Dynamite II.

Almost two weeks (June 16, 1997) have passed and Napoleon Dynamite II has currently earned $70.19 million at the box office.

As for its rival, Con Air, it grossed $51.74 million. The two movies were released on the same day, but the difference was obvious.

The $80 million movie was crushed by a $10 million movie. While Napoleon Dynamite II was turning a profit, Con Air was still hoping to cross the threshold.

"It's chairman Michael Eisner of Walt Disney."

Speaking of Walt Disney, Michael Eisner was definitely disappointed with the performance of Con Air. Casting a superstar like Nicholas Cage caused the budget to go way up.

'In my opinion, $51 million is not bad for a two-week gross. It's a success. But with Napoleon Dynamite II coming out at the same time, they could not help but compare the two.'

In that respect, Napoleon Dynamite II was better.

"Give me the phone."

Kazir could not leave Walt Disney's chairman hanging on the phone.

"Hello, Mr. Eisner."

"Kazir, I hope I'm not disturbing you. I heard you were filming."

"No, you are not disturbing me.

Kazir lied.

"Haha, that's good to hear. By the way, we are having a party tomorrow, I hope you can come."

'... Did I hear it right? The chairman of Walt Disney personally invited me to a party?'

"I can't refuse an invitation from someone like you, Mr. Eisner."

"Hm, that's good to hear."

The call ended.

'Party? But I didn't know why they were having a party. Are they celebrating Con Air? Maybe it's a party to celebrate Ransom, which was released last year.'

"I can't refuse an invitation from someone like you, Mr. Eisner."

The call ended.

'Party? But I didn't know why they were having a party. Are they celebrating Con Air? Maybe it's a party to celebrate Ransom, which was released last year.'
Why did he agree? Like he isnt going to work with them anyway so whats the point?

thanks for the chapter

P.S . A Proper Courtesy Call for director Kazir Grey, but this is actually first time Disney land invitation for him since in the previously timeline he hadn't encountered the Disney bracket only in passing before his fall from grace in Hollywood .
My best speculation guesses

Last edited:
HWI 107
[Shout out to Elia, Kinggn, Talleyrand, and Toros Silver!]

Hollywood What If Chapter 107

Just as Kazir thought, Disney was going to celebrate Ransom, which ended its run today. The last screening of Ransom ended in Japan and it was officially released out of the cinema worldwide.

The film grossed $309.5 million worldwide. It was clearly a successful movie. To make that kind of money was a miracle for movies in this era. Only abominations like Jurassic Park and Titanic could make a billion dollars at the box office.

Ransom was about a multi-millionaire, Tom Mullen, whose son was kidnapped. After initially agreeing to pay the ransom, Mullen decides to use the money as a bounty. (IMDb)

The film was well received in North America and internationally. With $136.49 million in North America and $173 million internationally, the movie was one of the top 10 highest-grossing films of 1996.

The production budget of the movie was $70 million with an estimated $20 million investment in advertising in North America. Definitely not bad results. After that, Walt Disney began distributing and selling videotapes of Ransom.

"Did you take my advice?"

"I didn't go to any of their parties. I'm not the kind of guy who likes to go to parties. I like to stay in my office and spend the rest of the day there."

Mel Gibson nodded. He patted Kazir on the shoulder and walked away. His face was red from drinking. Mel Gibson and Kazir Grey talked a little. Their relationship was not that of friends. They were more like acquaintances.

Still, Kazir respected Mel's advice to stay away from Jeffrey Epstein. As a man from the future, Kazir understood that nothing good would happen if he went to Jeffrey Epstein's famous island.

Mel Gibson was the star of this party because he was the protagonist of Ransom. However, because of Mel's behavior when he was drunk, it was hard to talk to him.

In fact, everyone looked at Kazir with surprise after Mel Gibson left. Mel was known to be an alcoholic and it was easy for him to get angry when he was drunk. But Kazir and Mel had a peaceful conversation.

They even talked about their projects, since they were both directors.

To Mel Gibson, Kazir was a newcomer to the industry, untainted by the sins of Hollywood. As much as possible, he felt bad to see Kazir go down the dark path. Although it was ironic for Mel Gibson to think about it, he knew damn well that he was no saint.

'... It's really embarrassing when there's no one to protect me from the fierce gazes of women.'

Kazir sighed inwardly. Normally, Reese Witherspoon would be at the party with him.

Unfortunately, she was on a promotional tour with the cast of Napoleon Dynamite. They had just finished promoting their film in North America and were flying to Europe.

One of the tedious jobs of being part of the cast was signing a contract that they should join the promotional tour.

In fact, even a director like Kazir had to participate in such things. He had to attend TV shows in many countries just to increase ticket sales, even if it was one percent.

'Well, one percent of $100 million is $1 million, so I think it's a job that should be done.'

But the cast of Napoleon Dynamite was not that famous. Maybe Ed Helms and Pedro Pascal had a little bit of clout because of The Hangover, but they didn't have a loyal fan base to support them.

Fans were built slowly until their presence was enough to increase box office. Tom Cruise had so many fans all over the world that movie companies were willing to sign a losing contract just to hire him.

Anyway, Kazir was having trouble because so many women were trying to flirt with him. He kept his cool and smiled. He even saw some actresses blush at his attractive smile.

In fact, Jennifer Lopez, Angelina Jolie and many upcoming big actresses gave him their numbers. These actresses were not so famous yet and they were looking for an easy job.

Unlike most directors who had fat bellies, short stature, and eye bags, Kazir Grey oozed masculine vibes. The kind of person who qualified to be called a Chad/Alpha.

Well, some people cringed at the word Alpha. But there was a reason it was invented. To describe someone like Kazir Grey.

A quality man who had a successful career and was good looking.

Unfortunately for these girls, someone like Kazir was very hard to budge. He would not flinch even if a sexy woman stood in front of him with a lustful look... That might be a lie, but it was still true that Kazir was hard to seduce. He was almost immune to temptation.

For his status, it was a miracle that he could withstand the ravishing looks of the beautiful women around him. If not for his relationship with Reese Witherspoon, they might have thought Kazir was gay. Many men in this industry became gay for many reasons.

It seemed that Kazir Grey was just a simple man who was very loyal... That was what made him so interesting. Seducing a man like him could give them the satisfaction of proving their worth.

Forcing a loyal man to cheat might be the best way to assert dominance.

Still, Kazir didn't focus on the vixens trying to snatch him. His eyes were on a certain fat man.

While the party was going on, Harvey Weinstein was communicating with the higher-ups at Disney. The people who sided with the Disney family.

Harvey felt someone looking at him and turned around. He found Kazir Grey standing in the corner, surrounded by women.

"..."

Harvey Weinstein clenched his teeth for some reason.

O wonfer who would Kazir pick as Jhon Wick? After all Keanu doesn't have yet the age to be a 'retired' assasin yet.

We know Keanu is basically not going to age in the next 20 years, so he could cast him as an immortal assassin, would go to explain his proficiency
Or he could cast Samuel L Jackson, he is 48 here so he can pull it off, even Mel Gibson or Nicolas Cage could do it.

I think he could also sell some scripts to Disney like 'National Treasure'

HWI 108
Hollywood What If Chapter 108

Harvey Weinstein was a businessman and he knew how to control his emotions. Since Kazir was looking at him, he might as well say hello.

Harvey's opinion of Kazir was complicated. The first time he saw him was at a small screening of Napoleon Dynamite two years ago. Miramax had been invited by CAA to a minor screening of an unknown director. Harvey Weinstein intended to send just one of his executives to see the film.

But when he heard that the director was actually Kazir Grey, the screenwriter of Se7en, he decided to see it instead. He didn't expect the movie to be entertaining. He knew it would do well at the box office. The question was how much money could be made.

He wanted the movie, so he gave Kazir a good contract. A 5% cut of the profits. But Kazir turned down his offer and signed with Fox Searchlight Pictures instead.

Harvey Weinstein was not disappointed, maybe a little. But not enough to hate Kazir. He knew that Kazir had chosen the best option, and that was the right thing to do.

Perhaps the reason things got complicated was because of the William Morris Agency (WMA). WMA was determined to destroy Kazir. They even went so far as to announce that Kazir Grey was a wife beater.

William Morris Agency promised to give Miramax preferential treatment. Miramax hired actors from WMA at a low price. Moreover, these actors were talented... Especially the actresses that WMA sent him were quite, um, tasty.

The negotiation was good for both of them, so Miramax decided to agree to WMA's terms. He used his connections and spread the word that Kazir Grey was beating his wife. It was as simple as that.

Kazir Grey was working with Warner Bros at the time and the release dates of The Hangover and Phenomenon were close. There was no reason not to sabotage them.

Unfortunately, their plan didn't work. Kazir Grey exposed Cassandra's lies and gained momentum. As a result, The Hangover grossed over $500 million!

Harvey Weinstein gained almost nothing from this transaction. He was even reprimanded by chairman Michael Eisner. His position was a bit serious and he wanted to keep a low profile. Not to attract attention and trouble.

Harvey Weinstein maintained his smile and approached Kazir.

"Mr. Grey, good to see you here!"

"Mr. Weinstein." Kazir nodded.

The women understood that Kazir and Harvey were going to have a conversation, so they dispersed and left them.

"Kazir, congratulations on The Hangover. It's late, but it's the thought that counts."

'Harvey, you're the bastard who tried to sabotage The Hangover. Yet you have the nerve to congratulate me. You are shameless, as expected.'

"Thank you, Harvey."

Since Harvey Weinstein used a first-name basis, Kazir followed.

"I hear you're producing your movie this time. What about it? You can work with Miramax, I will make sure to promote your movie."

Harvey just said that, but he was not sure about Kazir's action movie. He might be interested if it was a comedy. Still, he wanted to ease their relationship at least a little.

"Maybe. If you lower your box office share to 20%, I will sign a contract with you."

"..."

The corner of his lips twitched when Kazir mentioned his condition. 20% was too low.

"We can talk about it when you sign a distribution contract with Miramax."

"I'll think about it."

"..."

Harvey realized that Kazir had no interest in working with Miramax.

"Kazir... You know it's just business. Don't take it to heart. We are both Jews, we should help each other."

"Don't take it to heart? Harvey, I almost went to jail. My reputation was almost destroyed. And you're telling me I should just let it go?"

Kazir's voice grew heavier.

"Come on. Slander and scandal are common ways to defeat your enemies, it's not that bad."

Harvey waved his hand and pretended it was no problem.

"..."

After this huge scandal that nearly destroyed his reputation, Kazir investigated and found that Harvey Weinstein was one of those responsible for spreading the false allegations. Universal Pictures, Miramax and WMA. These three were the ones who teamed up to beat him.

'I'm not here to create a conflict, but Harvey Weinstein is too unbearable. Defamation? Scandal? Let's see if these "normal" methods work for you. The difference is that I'm not defaming, I'm telling the truth. Harvey Weinstein, a convicted sexual predator.'

His gaze turned cold, and Harvey didn't care. His position was higher than Kazir's. He had more foundation than him and it was impossible to break it. One of the Big Six was also his backer.

"Well, Kazir, see you again. I hope you have a good time at the party."

Harvey Weinstein left him. Even though Kazir was a director with good prospects, Harvey would never be afraid. His status was higher than that of a mere director. Only the higher-ups at Disney could influence him.

After spending some time at the party and talking to people, Kazir was invited by someone to enter a private room.

When Kazir entered the room, he found two old men drinking.

'Michael Eisner and Michael Ovitz. I hear they are friends.'

These two Michaels were on good terms. So when Michael Eisner invited Michael Ovitz to be president of Walt Disney, Michael Ovitz decided to take a chance and start over.

Maybe Michael Ovitz is just getting greedy and looking for adventure in his old age. Unfortunately, he was eventually pushed out by Michael Eisner.

It was surprising that these two were now acting like friends... Well, they were friends.

'They still have a good relationship. Or maybe I caused another change in the timeline.'

HWI 109
[Shout out to Nikkolas!]

Hollywood What If Chapter 109

The two old men laughed after a few conversations, then realized that someone was actually standing at the door.

"Ah, Kazir Grey, nice to meet you. I believe this is our first meeting."

Michael Ovitz was the first to stand and greet Kazir. Michael Ovitz was the founder of CAA. Perhaps that was why he had such a high opinion of Kazir. Even though he was out of CAA after selling all his shares, Michael Ovitz felt that CAA was still his child.

Then Michael Eisner stood up and shook hands with Kazir. There was a reason he invited the director, because of the success he has had over the past three years. For someone like Michael Eisner, he knew that Kazir's talent was still blossoming.

He wanted to grab a piece of the cake before Kazir reached his expiration date. Michael Eisner watched the movement of Warner Bros and 20th Century Fox. Napoleon Dynamite and The Hangover had planned sequels.

Napoleon Dynamite II was a box office hit and The Hangover Part 2 was scheduled for release the following year. The money they were making from these two franchises was huge.

Michael Eisner wanted at least one or two of Kazir's scripts.

It's not bad if Walt Disney can have a comedy franchise.

"Kazir, congratulations on Napoleon Dynamite II. Even though you didn't direct it, I think your presence is the reason it was a success."

"Thank you, Chairman Eisner."

Kazir could not tell if Michael Eisner was lying or not. However, Kazir could sense the meaning of his words.

'As expected, he is interested in my projects.'

"Let's sit down."

The three sat down and began to talk. Unlike Michael Eisner, who was serious, Michael Ovitz had a friendly expression.

Now, Michael Ovitz was a famous agent, and his face was thicker than a concrete wall. He would not hesitate to praise a literal shit just to make money.

He could easily keep his smiling face as long as the money was on the table.

"Kazir, I heard that you're looking for a company to distribute your movie. How about Walt Disney? I can assure you that you will not lose if you work with us."

"Thank you, Chairman Eisner, but I must decline."

"Why is that?"

Michael Eisner raised his eyebrows. A little curious and offended.

"The filming of Taken is not yet finished, and I cannot sign a contract with an unfinished film."

"That's a very good answer. Well then, I guess we will have another meeting when Taken is finished."

"That is correct. I will contact Walt Disney again, hopefully Chairman Eisner will be able to watch it at that time."

"Very well. Since I can see that you are sincere, I must be sincere as well. I can promise you that Walt Disney will never take more than 40% of the box office as a fee. If you want, we can sign a contract right now."

"Thank you, Chairman Eisner, but I believe someone as great as you will keep his promise."

Michael Eisner's condition may seem simple, but Kazir sensed his sincerity.

There are movie companies that demand 60% of the box office for a fee.

To be fair, more film companies would actually buy the entire copyrights of a film before releasing it.

Kazir's position was too weak in the past, so he signed a contract with Fox Searchlight Pictures and got a small share of the box office. But now that he had a strong reputation, he was able to negotiate a better deal.

So 40% of the box office was not bad, but not good either.

'If Walt Disney takes 40%, then the Cinema Alliance will take another 40%. Grey Pictures will only get 20% of the box office. That's not bad, but it's not good. At least Michael Eisner has promised that the deal will not exceed 40%. That means there is room to make it lower. The terms are...'

"Kazir, I hear you have dozens of scripts registered in the Writers Guild. I wonder if you would be interested in selling some of them."

'As expected, it was all about scripts.'

It was understandable, since 20th Century Fox got another movie franchise because of Kazir.

In fact, not only Walt Disney, but also Paramount and Sony-Columbia were eager to buy his script. As for Universal Pictures... Kazir didn't want to hear their terms.

"I want to know what scripts you are interested in, Chairman Eisner."

Browsing the general plot and titles of scripts was not illegal. The Writers Guild could show that much.

Some writers would visit the Writers Guild to make sure that the scripts they were writing didn't bear a strong resemblance to any of the registered scripts. Otherwise there would be a lawsuit.

"I want to buy the Meet The Parents script."

"..."

Kazir was speechless. He realized that Michael Eisner had the eyes to pick the movies. As expected, Michael Eisner became chairman of Walt Disney for obvious reasons. He knew how to choose movies.

It was known that Michael Eisner preferred live action movies than animated movies. He felt that hand-drawn animation was losing its vitality.

'Meet The Parents is actually a movie that has two sequels. They are Meet The Fockers and Little Fockers.'

If Michael Eisner wanted to find a movie that could produce sequels, Meet The Parents was the best choice.

"Walt Disney will buy the script for $3 million. I think that amount is very sincere."

"Indeed."

Kazir nodded. He could not deny it.

As the two talked, Michael Ovitz kept his mouth shut. He knew his friend didn't like it someone involved in negotiations.

"What do you think? I can send you the money right now, cash or cheque."

"I'm touched that someone like you would be interested in my script. However, Chairman Eisner, I must decline."

"Kazir Grey, do you understand what you're saying?"

Michael Eisner held his expression, but he was clearly dissapointed.

Kazir shook his head.

"You misunderstand, I'm not saying I'm rejecting your offer. I'm saying your offer is too high for me."

[Author's Note: Okay hold up, let me cook.]

You flatter me Mr Eisner with the Meet the Parents script, but the offer is too high, just way above my pay rate to match your 3 million dollar amount at the moment" Kazir Grey
Looks like we're having one of those negotiations again for the mysterious Mr Greys money acumen.
Hehe!
OMAKE CHAPTER

Interesting, if he does work with Disney, will he do Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3? (4+ weren't as good imo and 3 had a good trilogy end).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back